NEWS

There be dragons here!

• 6 Replies

WolfWizard300

• Newb
« on: <07-21-22/2256:50> »
This might be a little more than a character build... but I was wondering if anybody ever saw or designed a Tiamat build for SR??

The dragons are a major part in the SR world and I was contemplating a campaign that deals with a " Mother of all Dragons" at the end.

Any thoughts??

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <07-22-22/0443:47> »
Hm, I'd probably just modify Lofwyr's statblock, or another dragon's. Some dragons (like Lofwyr) were in Street Legends, others were in Clutch of the Dragons.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

WolfWizard300

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-22/2146:09> »
The issue I have is that Tiamat has 5 heads....

Tiamat is supposedly a huge dragon with five heads.  Tiamat is a supremely strong and a powerful 5-headed draconic goddess in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. The name is taken from Tiamat, a goddess in ancient Mesopotamian mythology. She is the queen and mother of evil dragons and a member of the default pantheon of D&D gods.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-22/1633:21> »
Yea...

Shadowrun has a much more..."reality adjacent" then DnD.

DnD is a total fantasy land, where even the laws of physics and reality. Everything in DnD, from the lands, people, customs, and religions are all created works, and thus, more, shall we say fantastical, things can be the norm, or just exist. (like Tiamat, half-dragons, mind flayers, beholders, etc.)

for Shadowrun: Up to about 1988, its own world! The places, people events are all our own history! Then we have the Trucker's Strike of New York, which leads to the Screntech (sp?) Decision, followed by the Eco terrorist on a private nuclear station, which leads to the Extra-territoriality, which is ALL before we get 2012 and the Awakening, or UGE, or even Goblinization!
Heck, even most of the monsters of Shadowrun, are just awakened versions of normal animals! (for the most part, some monsters of legends are starting to appear in the "wilder areas" of the world, why only in those parts who knows)...

The Cockatrice in Shadowrun is.... An awakened Chicken... I shit you not. Its just a chicken, with really long tail feathers... that can turn you to stone with a touch!
The fearsome Juggernaut of  Shadowrun is... An awakened armadillo. Granted its a omnivorous 30 meters long armadillo with a nasty temper... but its still basically an armadillo!

Now that is not to say there isn't anything "weird" or "fantastical" in Shadowrun, There are plenty of mysteries that are yet to be answered....

But a creature, with 5 heads capable of independent thought and action, each breathing a different element? Yea, no.   
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-20-22/0711:28> »
I thought SR had a hydra critter?  Too lazy to go look it up in my old 2e books though.  I may be mis-remembering. 

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-22-22/1224:06> »
I thought SR had a hydra critter?  Too lazy to go look it up in my old 2e books though.  I may be mis-remembering. 

The "Hydra Wyrm" was in SR2 Paranormal Animals of Europe (p.60), SR3 Critters (p.33), SR4 Running Wild (p.92).
https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/Hydra_Wyrm

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-22-22/1436:41> »

The fearsome Juggernaut of  Shadowrun is... An awakened armadillo. Granted its a omnivorous 30 meters long armadillo with a nasty temper... but its still basically an armadillo!

I object strongly to "basically".   Armadillos are basically roadkill.  A Juggernaut on the highway is a road closure, alive or dead.  And if you kill the Juggernaut on the road, you probably don't have much road left after the missile barrage.

And OP, if you want a "Mother of Dragons" in your Shadowrun world, you can have a "Mother of Dragons" in your Shadowrun world.  Don't know that I would go with the D&D version of Tiamat.  40k Void Dragon may be more appropriate given Dragons rumored origins.