NEWS

Seattle edtion

• 7 Replies

Fabe

• Omae
« on: <09-26-22/1235:34> »

How is the current stat of the Seattle edition of the core rule book? Is it full of errors and misssing content or has most if not all of the errata been incorporated into thsi one?

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-26-22/1342:33> »
Seattle edition has all the errata incorporated, up to current.  The Sixth World Companion includes a bunch of alternate rules that many people say fixes little issues people had with the core rules, like making armor do more and strength do more. 
The online FAQ also clarifies a lot of things.  Those three together make up what I'd consider a full game :)

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-26-22/1443:58> »
OK,I ordered a copy from my FLGS but then took a look at some of the reviews on dricethough and started to get really worried. It seems like the book is still full of errors or was that just the PDF and things got cleared up by the time it went to print?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-26-22/1654:40> »
The "Seattle Edition" is the most recent printing and has been cleaned up considerably.  If you're looking at older reviews of the first printing they're pretty harsh. 

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-22/0937:35> »
OK,I ordered a copy from my FLGS but then took a look at some of the reviews on dricethough and started to get really worried. It seems like the book is still full of errors or was that just the PDF and things got cleared up by the time it went to print?

Be aware that at DriveThru the product that now is called "Shadowrun, Sixth World Core Rulebook: City Edition: Seattle" originally was the first printing Core Rulebook. The "Seattle Edition" was released twelve months ago digitally, so every comment before end of September 2021 refers to older printings with less errata.
Catalyst updates the PDF (and its name) at DriveThru with every printing, so everyone who downloaded the PDF automatically gets an update.

The general availability of the printed Seattle Edition was December 2021, IIRC.

And yes, it really has a lot of clarifications and corrections and I can recommend buying it.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-01-22/1452:22> »
So this is the book I have waiting for me at my FLGS. Is this the most current and up to date book of is there another Seattle book?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #6 on: <10-01-22/1458:33> »
The Seattle edition is the corrected Third Printing and is indeed the most current one as of this date.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-22/1506:39> »
OK .thanks