NEWS

Miniatures in game..

• 5 Replies

Vincent-Jinx-Monroe

• Newb
« on: <02-09-22/0750:58> »
OK so I'm a miniature painter at heart and this means whenever I have a character for ANY game I like to build/design and paint a miniature of them.
I even offer it to others in the group.

Anyway although I dont have a group yet, me and my GM have a had a few solo games and the character I've created, a decker, by the handle Jinx, so I've modelled him both on a job and at ease planning.
He is printed to 54mm scale rather than 28mm as a painted piece rather than game piece but I'll get a 32mm scale printed too for gaming.

He is not quite complete yet, but you can hopefully see the vibe I'm going for.

Does anyone else here do miniature painting for their games?
It would be great to see others characters in the flesh so to speak.

I'm going to get a photo attached when home tonight as too large on the mobile...

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-09-22/0936:28> »
Haven't played in person since late 2019 :)  But it was with miniatures, and they were in fact a collection of Ral Partha Shadowrun minis from back in the early 90s that we'd painted when we were teens.  Great nostalgia.  I used to be an avid mini painter, but it's a hobby I've dropped over the years.  Looking forward to seeing your minis though

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-22/1017:54> »
I never used miniatures in our campaign, but I did use minis at Spiel for a better visualisation.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Vincent-Jinx-Monroe

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-09-22/1258:17> »
The images are still too large so Im going to have to post one at a time, here is the miniature on the job.

Vincent-Jinx-Monroe

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-22/1259:45> »
And then the one of him during the planning stage.
Im a big fan of purple, so any chnace I get haha.

SITZKRIEG

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-12-22/2112:25> »
I encouraged the use of minis when playing in person but didn't mandate it.  Even with a wiggly system like Shadowrun has traditionally been (with rules for movement but straddling that theater of the mind better IMO still), I just like the look and the utility for general positioning rather than nitpicking exact distances.