NEWS

(SR5/SG)Adpet Enhancements

• 2 Replies

Koshnek

• Omae
« on: <03-14-20/0526:30> »
So, suppose I took the Beast's Way Quality (which doesn't count towards the maximum Karma limit, apparently?) and (checked the Erratta to find and) take the Keratin Control Power.

Would I then be able to immediately pay for the Claws Enhancement, or are you required to be at least Initiate Grade 1 before taking enhancements and such from your chosen Adept's Way?

Semi-Related; Are you allowed to Initiate during Character Generation? If so, would you just pay the cost of (10+[Grade 1x3]=13) Karma, or is there more to it?

Thank you.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-20/0710:01> »
By rules as written, initiating isn't possible in chargen. A GM is free to houserule otherwise.

As for Enhancement, it notes "A learned enhancement cannot be taught to another adept unless he or she is initiated into that particular Way.", so maybe? It sounds as if you need a Metamagic of the Arts before you can get the Enhancements, but I can't find a spot explicitly stating it. But it seems the Way as Arts is separated from the Way as Quality, so then yes, as GM I'd conclude the Ways as Arts are the same as the Magician Arts: Initiate into them with metamagic before you can get the enhancements.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-15-20/1202:30> »
Thank you, that helps alot.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal