NEWS

Race Cars of the Sixth World

• 20 Replies

Aelavel

« on: <10-19-12/0611:24> »
Besides the WestWind 3k, what other race cars are there?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-12/1803:45> »
Jackrabbit with a replacement engine worth more than the car and a huge, ugly wing on the back.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-12/1828:08> »
In Used Car Lot, the Saab Dynamit 778 TI is a good example of a Ferrari type sports car, but it starts at 82,000 nuyen for a new one. If you are more interested in a sort of a cheaper, Nissan Z type, go with a Honda-GM 3220, which starts at 15,000 nuyen for new.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-12/0514:04> »
In Arsenal you have tghe Hyundai Shin-Hyung and under similar models they put the BMW 400GT and the GMC Commodore.  And if you really have enough money, get a Lone Star modified Honda 3240 Turbo (also from Arsenal).  That's the fastest car one I've seen in all the books, but it comes with a 107,000 nuyen price tag.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-12/0708:52> »
In Arsenal you have tghe Hyundai Shin-Hyung and under similar models they put the BMW 400GT and the GMC Commodore.  And if you really have enough money, get a Lone Star modified Honda 3240 Turbo (also from Arsenal).  That's the fastest car one I've seen in all the books, but it comes with a 107,000 nuyen price tag.

The TaTa Hotspur.

Only slightly slower than the LS-mod Honda 3240 Turbo, way beefier (Body 16 vs Body 9), and is essentially a Baja Rally Racer for a world where the Baja is actively trying to kill you.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-12/1404:50> »
The TaTa Hotspur.

Only slightly slower than the LS-mod Honda 3240 Turbo, way beefier (Body 16 vs Body 9), and is essentially a Baja Rally Racer for a world where the Baja is actively trying to kill you.

The ability to put a machine gun or an assult cannon mount in the truck bed tends to help with that. It also makes rally races a hell of a lot more fun to watch, not that they are not fun to watch in the first place. ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-12/1449:19> »
The TaTa Hotspur.

No so good when you're on the highways of LA looking for Off Roading ability to get away from those faster LS-Modified Honda 3240 Turbos, BTW.

On the flipside, the group's P2.0 rating went way up!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-20-12/1458:06> »
The TaTa Hotspur.

No so good when you're on the highways of LA looking for Off Roading ability to get away from those faster LS-Modified Honda 3240 Turbos, BTW.

That's why you get rocket boosters, charter a fishing boat, and tell your mage to learn how to summon an air elemental, preferably a week before you piss off Horizon Security. ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <10-20-12/1824:15> »
That's why you get rocket boosters, charter a fishing boat, and tell your mage to learn how to summon an air elemental, preferably a week before you piss off Horizon Security. ;D
Actually, they pissed off the "Magic Kingdom" and was dealing with the Mousketeer SWAT team.

My group no longer wants to go to LA in Shadowrun, BTW.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Twitchy D

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-20-12/1833:01> »
Actually, they pissed off the "Magic Kingdom" and was dealing with the Mousketeer SWAT team.

My group no longer wants to go to LA in Shadowrun, BTW.

Congradulations! You just made me make a face that looks like my profile picture when I read the text in bold!

As for your runner group, you could give them a mission involving a delivery of fresh honey to an extremely well paying corp executive.

The catch of course, being that the honey is in Chicago, is made by a Bee Hive cult made of fleshforms and worse, and that it attracts awakened bears. HEEHEEHEE! ;)
« Last Edit: <10-20-12/1834:48> by Twitchy D »

Aelavel

« Reply #10 on: <10-20-12/1842:06> »
nice, but I was thinking like something that resembles the T-180 from the Speed Racer movie, lol

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #11 on: <10-20-12/1957:52> »
The TaTa Hotspur.

Yeah, but LS-3240-T can't take 16 points of Normal Armor, 10 points of Smart Armor, a couple Turbo Chargers, Improved Sensor Array, and still have room for a Reinforced, Gyro-Linked Heavy Turret with Ammo Bins.

Slap a GE Vigilant (or, heck, a Vindicator if the GM lets it fly, size-wise) in there and those Hondas are going to be holier than the pope once you start suppressing and/or laying out targeted Full Bursts.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-20-12/2219:17> »
*Vigilant Firing*

"Good God...What's that sound," yelled over the noise.
"That's our public awareness raising!"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <10-20-12/2234:16> »
Congradulations! You just made me make a face that looks like my profile picture when I read the text in bold!
YAY!  What did I win???
Yeah, but LS-3240-T can't take 16 points of Normal Armor, 10 points of Smart Armor, a couple Turbo Chargers, Improved Sensor Array, and still have room for a Reinforced, Gyro-Linked Heavy Turret with Ammo Bins.
Actually, I took the stats for the LS-3240-T and called it a Jaguar something-or-other, as the group was actually in a Range Rover and I wanted "The Battle Of Britain" at that point.  ;D
*Vigilant Firing*

"Good God...What's that sound," yelled over the noise.
"That's our public awareness raising!"
LMG of some sort on the Jaguars, been so long I forget which.  But there was some missed shots that hit random cars on the highway.  It was quite the chase scene.

They were watching a replay of it on the news in the safehouse when the lawn go up and started beating on the roof.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #14 on: <10-20-12/2254:16> »
Our rigger has a steel-linx-mounted vindicator. You can tell that all hell has broken loose when she takes it out.

Of course, our pacifist jedi has bought her about a thousand gel rounds for it  ;D
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.