NEWS

Street Legends

• 173 Replies

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« on: <06-07-11/2246:18> »
So i was wondering what was in this title, so I did some checking around the net and found this:

Swap Bullets between shots, or Shots between bullets

At the end of a run, you’ve either got a good story to tell, or you’re dead. Live long enough, and you’ll get enough stories to fill a book, and some of them will be killer. There is a certain class of people out on the streets that runners love to talk about, the people at the center of the stories swapped late at night over a round of wiper fluid hooch. Some of them are good, some of them are lucky, and some of them are among the most powerful creatures of the Sixth World. All of them, in their own way, are legends.

Street Legends profiles forty renowned figures in the Sixth World, including JackPoint stalwarts such as Haze, Kane and Puck; classic runners like Serrin Shamander and Tommy Talon; and powerful behind-the-scenes figures including Lugh Surehand, Nadja Daviar, and the great dragon Lofwyr. Learn about hunting vampires with Martin De Vries, breaking into impossible places with The Smiling Bandit, and trying to put a face to the elusive Hans Brackhaus.

Street Legends contains short fiction bringing these characters to life, as well as text describing each person and what makes them a legend. Also, each and every person profiled has complete game stats. Even the dragons.

All I got to say is thank you thank you......though early this would be the best type of sourcebook ever for me. I hope sooner than later on the release date but am willing to wait.....till the end of the week :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <06-07-11/2259:10> »
Peripherally, this gives me hope for new novels as well.

Why else give more info on characters we've only seen in them (And the rare bit of shadowtalk?).

And, um, Puck...  How do you stat a brain in a jar?  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-07-11/2322:08> »
Does this look like a brain in a jar?

I love this book, and wish I could have written more of it. Hopefully ... Nah. N/M
« Last Edit: <06-07-11/2323:44> by Crimsondude »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <06-08-11/0125:12> »
Yeah, this is a fun book.  And since we're focusing on known characters, hopefully a lot more interesting and useful than, say, Prime Runners was back in the day.

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <06-08-11/1102:29> »
Does this look like a brain in a jar?
No, but that could be a "Before" image.  I doubt he looks as pretty after he got planted in the "Rose Garden".

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-08-11/1120:05> »
Yeah, this is a fun book.  And since we're focusing on known characters, hopefully a lot more interesting and useful than, say, Prime Runners was back in the day.

Bull

I should point out that there are one or two kind of unknown characters (who hopefully you will know more about soon), but generally Bull's assessment is correct.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <06-08-11/1125:27> »
Aw man, there goes the budget again...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-08-11/1139:30> »
This is one that will be owned in dead wood + PDF if it comes in both types. Though I am not asking for any spoilers, I can't help but think about whom this book has in it....and if there Novels will be released over Kindle format? I made a sweep of all the greater Seattle Half price book stores plus some of the smaller used book stores and ended up with about 1/3 of the line. Sadly it left me in situations where I have book 2 of one series, but not the others....

I have to say that everyone at SR have really turned things around, Thank you so much. From Mission's to products you have me hook line and sinker...

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-08-11/1400:10> »
This is one that will be owned in dead wood + PDF if it comes in both types. Though I am not asking for any spoilers, I can't help but think about whom this book has in it....and if there Novels will be released over Kindle format? I made a sweep of all the greater Seattle Half price book stores plus some of the smaller used book stores and ended up with about 1/3 of the line. Sadly it left me in situations where I have book 2 of one series, but not the others....

I have to say that everyone at SR have really turned things around, Thank you so much. From Mission's to products you have me hook line and sinker...

It will be in both print and PDF format, and the print book will be in glorious color. We released some of the older novels in Kindle format, as well as the Spells & Chrome short story anthology; I anticipate future novels will go there as well (and ePub, of course).

I can't give away the whole contents of the book, of course, but if you wander over to the Shadowrun Facebook page you can find artwork from the book for Serrin Shamandar and Puck. And some discussion of stats for Hestaby and Lofwyr. And a quote from Hans Brackhaus. But that's all I'm sayin' right now.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <06-08-11/1418:31> »
Full-color? Sweeeet. :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-08-11/1554:15> »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <06-08-11/1832:18> »
Yes and no, perhaps.

Where was it printed?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: <06-08-11/2011:31> »
I was wondering if there would ever be a "Prime Runners II". Sweet. Im all for the game mechanics, but for me its always been the people in the universe that make a game fun. Generic world and rules are nice, but its the inhabitants and their struggles that make it interesting. I could read SR stories all day.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <06-08-11/2133:26> »
Yes and no, perhaps.

Where was it printed?

This one's going to a domestic printer, but I forget exactly where they are.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <06-08-11/2256:51> »
Yes and no, perhaps.

Where was it printed?

This one's going to a domestic printer, but I forget exactly where they are.

Jason H.
Then I retract any complains I might have had previously.

When the sell sheet for this becomes available I'll print it out and order it at my FLGS!

Sorry to seem so flighty, Jason, but I try to support local (US and British Commonwealth in my case) business as much as I can.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11