• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #45 on: <09-26-10/0308:35> »
You and a few thousand others :/
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

XLII

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <09-30-10/0802:43> »
Mostly because that's how the media has portrayed intelligence agencies.  Actually one of two extremes:  Either they are boneheaded incompetents, or they are the All Seeing Eye of God.  Real world intelligence does it's job fairly well.  It's just that there is an ocean of information to swim through, and they only have snorkeling gear.

Try the BBC TV series Spooks. Of course, in some things they're still quite powerful, but it definately is one that shows their weaknesses and failures almost more than their successesl (and not in a 'CTU-infiltrant of the week' way ;)). Although in the end, of course, in most things they prevail, but almost always at a cost.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <10-01-10/1943:00> »
Why's that?  ???

I don't want someone else's IP being shoehorned into Shadowrun. It's one of the reasons why I hate Loose Alliances and wish I never bought it, read it, or knew it existed.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-02-10/0832:53> »
"Creativity is when you no longer remember your source of inspiration."

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #49 on: <10-02-10/1435:52> »
I don't want someone else's IP being shoehorned into Shadowrun. It's one of the reasons why I hate Loose Alliances and wish I never bought it, read it, or knew it existed.
What was the IP usage in Loose Alliances that bugged you?

Krypter

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <10-02-10/1511:53> »
Why's that?  ???

Fair enough for Section 9 since it's from Ghost in the Shell, but ISA and SO15 are real-life organizations, not someone else's IP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_Support_Activity

ISA ("Grey Fox") are the sigint guys who pinpointed Saddam Hussein. I'd like to see more of that kind of group in Shadowrun.
"Degrade first the arts if you'd mankind degrade,
Hire idiots to paint with cold light and hot shade."
-WB

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <10-04-10/0158:15> »
What about UNATCO?  ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <10-04-10/1124:01> »
What about UNATCO?  ;)

The United Nations Attack Company? That must be those mythical "UN fighters" that I see scattered across the anime I watch.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: <10-04-10/1242:36> »
Play moar Deus Ex... 

Oh man, I said it out loud, someone is gonna reistall it!
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <10-05-10/0239:09> »
Play moar Deus Ex... 

Oh man, I said it out loud, someone is gonna reistall it!
You meant to say that you have uninstalled it ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <10-06-10/2050:03> »
 Oh, and the Monastery of the Rose... certainly non-anime!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <10-08-10/1903:44> »
Let me just say that I don't buy the hype on ISA. That said, my comment was mostly about Section 9.

As for Loose Alliances, I've said more than I should. I don't like it and nothing will change my mind on that.

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <10-09-10/1040:48> »
The United Nations Attack Company? That must be those mythical "UN fighters" that I see scattered across the anime I watch.
Compare to the mythical "Interpol field agents" that you scattered across movies. Sixth World Almanac even features an Interpol official press release acknowledging Interpol agents bombed a cartel's facilities.

nakano

• Chummer
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #58 on: <10-10-10/0932:20> »
Gotta say that I am really happy about Attitude being on the sched.  I am just starting a new game and one of my players has decided to play a rocker concept.  An updated version of Shadowbeat is just what the doctor ordered.

The rest of the material looks cool too, but damn Shadowbeat was one of my favorite "fluff" reads in the game.  Stupid moving 3 times in the last couple of years and still not having fully unpacked the library.   :-\

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <10-10-10/1849:05> »
All in all, I think Spy Games is long overdue and will be pretty cool to see in print.