NEWS

Gun H(e)aven 3 is here!

• 122 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #75 on: <12-19-13/1524:35> »
Saw down the barrel of a lever action, saw the shoulder brace down to a pistol grip, and boom:  Mare's Leg!

Yeah! Now give us rules for that :-))
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <12-21-13/0547:56> »
Actually, CanRay, I was talking about this, not a mare's leg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vllg-kif988

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #77 on: <12-21-13/1138:39> »
Actually, CanRay, I was talking about this, not a mare's leg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vllg-kif988
Yeah, the Volcanic is a nice piece of history, but just was never practical as a design.  There is a reason it went from Volcanic to Henry to Winchester.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <12-22-13/0202:30> »
Yeah, the Volcanic is a nice piece of history, but just was never practical as a design.  There is a reason it went from Volcanic to Henry to Winchester.

Yes, but this is also Shadowrun, where not everything is necessarily practical. While the Volcanic might not have been practical,
it WAS cool! And Cool Looking.

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #79 on: <12-22-13/1107:59> »
Yes, but this is also Shadowrun, where not everything is necessarily practical.

I thought that this was Shadowrun, where doing the impractical is the quickest way to get yourself killed.
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #80 on: <12-23-13/0121:15> »
I thought that this was Shadowrun, where doing the impractical is the quickest way to get yourself killed.

Where having fun is more important than your character's survival =)
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <12-23-13/0158:46> »

Not everyone plays Black Trenchcoat, sir. Especially with an edition that has gone back to favouring the
Pink Mohawk style of play.

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #82 on: <12-23-13/0519:02> »
What is the Ares AR w/grenade launcher - Is that the Ares Alpha? Is it in one of the Gun haven books?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #83 on: <12-23-13/0524:56> »
The Ares Alpha is an AR with grenade launcher. Highest damage, highest accuracy, highest inherent RC that does not come from accessories/modifications, plus grenade launcher. All that makes it the AR of choice usually.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #84 on: <12-23-13/0849:01> »
Despite the fact that it is Forbidden, interestingly.

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #85 on: <12-23-13/2112:10> »
The Ares Alpha is an AR with grenade launcher. Highest damage, highest accuracy, highest inherent RC that does not come from accessories/modifications, plus grenade launcher. All that makes it the AR of choice usually.

Is there any art depiction of the Ares Alpha somewhere?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #86 on: <12-24-13/0006:31> »
Is there any art depiction of the Ares Alpha somewhere?
In a few places, but here it is on the Internet:
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #87 on: <12-24-13/0414:51> »
Where having fun is more important than your character's survival =)
That implication wounds me, 8P.

Not everyone plays Black Trenchcoat, sir. Especially with an edition that has gone back to favouring the
Pink Mohawk style of play.

Must we be divided into two different tribes?  We're both Shadowrun fans and I really think there is room in the canon for Shadowrun at it's brighest dayglo pink neon as well as Shadowrun at it's clever sneakiest.  I honestly don't think that those are two different things at all, that's what makes Shadowrun what it is.  Sheerly from the point of view of how Shadowrun has tended to work generally though, my overstatement in jest earlier holds more or less true, no matter if you're charging headlong into BTL chipping go-gangers in the Barrens or Red Samurai on Ares territory, I feel like it is safe to say that impracticality is how runners end up dead and in jail in all of the wonderful editions of our beloved SR.
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #88 on: <12-24-13/0745:11> »

Getting yourself killed is considered Niche lately ;)

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #89 on: <12-24-13/0758:02> »
o.k. i'll bite what a red samurai is doing ot Ares terf'? 8) .
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!