NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #540 on: <05-29-15/2337:07> »
Ambrose shrugs. "like I said.. too much effort. No doubt if we find this Sam it'll be the same thing since they're involved with the club as well. I think taking a trip to anyplace but here is probally the better way to go. Cut losses and cut out."  He'd have a lot more colorful plans, but he just didn't feel up to it anymore. He could see the fear and terror in Marcos's eyes every time the club is mentioned.. and really even when any action is taken, that would be anywhere within 100km of the place.

One could just sit under the sword of domiciles for the rest of their life. Or perhaps, one could man up a bit and take the bloody thing down, or just leave.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #541 on: <05-30-15/0154:37> »
Marco say: "We should do the hospital... The apartment can be scanned with one of Arc's drones. If the drone fail we can use demons...
Let's try to take the car late at night when people are leaving the club. If we are lucky enough and we get actual people that follow it we should subdo them somehow. There is much they can tell me..."

He sits down... drinking a bit from his beer.  He feels like crying... so much have happend, but he cannot be weak no yet. He takes a deep breath... then another one trying to relex. After a short while he say: "Do you still have a reporter card Phoenix? "

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #542 on: <05-30-15/0945:46> »
"Nope. That was in my coat." he replies with a matter afactly manner. "And we didn't get any kits for forgeries or disguises. I can work with somethings, but its typically best to have a proper kit."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #543 on: <05-30-15/1145:02> »
Arc grumbled a little. Whats this hoop's deal?  I'm offering genuine interest in health and he's already trying to convince giving up.  Ugh.  He must be hard of hearing..or not listening...whatever. Listening to Marco, she resumed her image scan before piping in her feedback.

"It's probably a good idea to wait on...Phoenix, was it?...Phoenix's car until the evening anyhow.  Odds are better that way.  Getting a Fly-Spy out to that apartment won't be an issue...how far we talking?  I'd rather set myself up within ten kilos if I can.  Still think the hospital's a bust...but if you think you can get drek out, Marco, I'll back you up.  Least I could do after ya stuck through last night"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #544 on: <05-30-15/1221:58> »
Ambrose wasn't really attempting to convince them to just give up, rather he sees a particular double standard here. Him getting his car back was a fool hardy mission that would get the club all mad. But somehow, finding their stuff, this sam and the like, no that was perfectly fine. His methods were designed to cut away at the big beast, find chinks in their armor, poke and prod away.

If he was really all about revenge, he'd go after the yaks first. Oh right the yaks. "It may interest you that the yakuza has some interest in this." he remarks, playing the the data from his recordings for them all. "And I think you mean in the morning. Its a night club. They're typically partying at night.. And if they've got a tracker, thats why we take it to some place away from where you eat. Don't shit were you eat. By the way... We probably should leave here. Who knows how much they know.. and if you've been using this place for a while, they probably already know."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #545 on: <05-30-15/1246:39> »
@ Arc  The feeds from Ambrose's drones download and begin to replay their info, They're busy going through his coat and pulling out the cigarettes, lighters and the grenades. And while the position of the hidden cam is generally lousy for any kind of good image, it does manage to pick up some unfamiliar tat's and the conversation around it. >>The reporter almost blew his leg off trying to get away from us boss. We got him in the first basement. We patched him up and tied him down. But he'll be out cold for at least 6hrs. Skinny here had an itchy trigger finger and tranq'd 'im. Although if I'd known how much hardware he was packing I'dve done it as soon as we spotted him. Jeez mutha, we're lucky he didn't pop any of these.<<

Suddenly the air was split with Yelena's screams.
« Last Edit: <05-30-15/1333:42> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #546 on: <05-30-15/1255:27> »
Yelena sleeps.  The drugs and alcohol she had poured into her body needed to be given the time to work their way out of her system.  She would later have to deal with any long-term effects of the drugs and try to wean herself away from them, but for now it was enough to simply let them finish coursing through her body.  So Yelena sleeps.  At some point the dreams come.  Most simply flit through her mind and are gone before they can be imprinted on her memory, but one stays. 

A field of green grass, manicured and well tended.  Yelena is sitting on the grass.  Looking about, she notices that the grass is a quiet, open glen amid a sea of trees that surrounds it.  The sun is shining and a cool breeze ruffles her dress and hair.  She is comfortable here and, as is often the way with dreams, does not even really wonder how she came to be here.  It just is.  Movement.  She is aware of movement in the trees at the edge of the glen and then a young human girl steps onto her small spot of grass.  The girl is picking some of the flowers that have appeared and is looking at the ground as if seeking a special type of flower.  The girl stops suddenly and looks up at Yelena, smiling.  She speaks in the somewhat peculiar Russian dialect common to the myriad of small villages and towns that dot the Siberian landscape.  "I am first today, but not last."  As she turns to fully face Yelena, the girl exposes the entirety of her face and Yelena sees the disfiguring mark high on the left temple that is a bullet entry wound.  "I have been six years old for fifty-two years.  Since you sent one of your bullets into my head and killed me.  I was playing with my brother in our yard.  He should be coming along shortly.  Ah, here is he."  A small boy of perhaps four or five steps out of the trees.  His chest is marred by a huge rending of flesh that indicates an exit wound.  The entry point for the bullet would have been the boy's back.  There is additional movement in the trees as more people step into the glen and move toward Yelena. 

Soon there is a circle of dead and mangled bodies standing about her as the bodies of those she has slain stream from the forest.  All are speaking at once of how their lives were cut short by the Keeb in the middle of the circle.  And, even though they were all talking at once, Yelena could make out each voice as it challenged, judged, and condemned her.  The first little girl will break the circle and step forward, lifting her arms and saying, "You are remembered and unforgiven.  You will never be free of us, never be at peace.  You are doomed to destroy.  You will bring about the deaths of those you care about as you step through your life.  You cannot do otherwise."

There is movement in the throng surrounding Yelena and she sees the crowd parting, the bodies moving apart as if to avoid touching whatever is making its way toward her.  The edge of the circle twists and a young Keeb girl steps into the glen, moving to stand near the first girl.  Yelena sees the neat entry wounds in the Elven girl's chest over where her heart would have been.  Although she never really got a good look at her at the time, Yelena knows this to be the shade of the mage she had killed in the Barrens.  The girl says, "No.  There is redemption.  This assassin took my life and in doing so spared others from the predatory thing I had become.  For that she has earned relief from some of you."  The Keeb moves and touches several of the gathered shades, and each one she touches takes on the look of someone released from a chore.  Their faces grow calm and the hate fades from their eyes and suddenly they are gone.  The vacancies are quickly filled from the ranks of those behind them and the small girl in the center of the circle with  Yelena snarls.  "Never!!!  She will never be free and you are not welcome here."

The girl will focus an outpouring of hatred at the young Keeb who motions with her hand, saying.  "I am still a mage, powerful even into death.  By yourself you have no power to defeat me.  I say this woman has the ability to heal herself and it is so.  You have simply been hiding that from her because of your hatred."  Looking at Yelena, she adds, "I cannot remain her long.  The fury of those who hate you for their untimely end at your hand is too great even for me.  You can clear the field of death if you want, but the trip will be arduous and long, for there are many deaths to atone for.  Or you can live your extremely long life in torment, always afraid to sleep, lost in the taking of innocent lives."

The first girl channels pure hatred into a ball-like energy mass and hurls it at the Keeb, and others begin to follow her lead, slinging bolts of hatred and fury at the girl.  Most bounce harmlessly off whatever shield the girl has constructed about herself, but the sheer amount of hate directed at her eventually takes its toll on even that strength.  The girl smiles at Yelena one more time.  She mouths a silent "thank you" and vanishes.  The first girl turns to Yelena, "You will never be able to be free of us.  Never.  Now, what was I going to do?  Oh yes, I remember."  The girl smiles cruelly and reaches out a hand to touch Yelena.  The touch releases pain and horror onto Yelena and as more from the circle reach out to touch her, she can no longer hold back the screams of primal anguish that escape her lips.

She wakes, screaming at the horrors she has created.  She is sitting up in her narrow bed in the room she shares with her friend.  The sheet is gathered about her waist, exposing her upper body, but she does not notice.  The shades of her victims laugh as they torture her.  One scream leads to another as Yelena tries to force them away, knowing that they will fade if she can but fully rouse from her sleep.

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #547 on: <05-30-15/1259:13> »
Marco rushes to Yelena’s bed, with his gun out loaded with stick and shots. His heart is racing... he was about to tell Arc that he’ll never bail on a friend... that despite not caring one bit about the big picture... he’ll never bail on her or Yelena. The scream signaled that the time of talking was over and the time for running and shooting arrived.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #548 on: <05-30-15/1303:15> »
Yelena is sitting in the bed, sheet at her waist and her hands over her eyes.  Her screams fade as she wakes fully, but she knows from experience that the images of the shades will remain for a few minutes longer.  She is shaking in the aftermath of the terrors she has unleashed on herself and tears stream from her eyes.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #549 on: <05-30-15/1317:02> »
A bit puzzled his emotions already pushed to their limits... The lover, the killer laying naked in bed terrified... At her level of sleepiness it could not have been another attack... an assassin would not scar this woman... if any death offer some sort of a release.  Marco, embraces her, still holding his pistol. "We’ll figure it out", he whispers... "you will not be in pain forever".

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #550 on: <05-30-15/1327:50> »
Arc gave a little nod in recognition, but replied to the British man flatly.  "I can stay someplace. But not till I know the rest of y'all is safe.  I'm trying to make this all work.  Bad news? They've picked through your drek.  Good news? They don't seem to know you're gone yet.  Might be a bit more helpful that w..."

The screamed from the bedroom interrupted the human, her eyes going wide as she darted, following closely behind Marco to see the half-nude Russian sobbing there.  She hesitated, for just a moment, before approaching, gently pushing Marco's gun out of the way, drawing the sheets to cover the vulnerable elf.  "It's over, Y...we got ya"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #551 on: <05-30-15/1345:37> »
Ambrose jumps with a start as he hears the blood curdling screams of a banshee.. Or the woman in the next room. Never could tell. "Bloody Cheese and Rice!"

He might have been feeling crazy before, but that has faded, and likely wouldn't ever be touched upon again. But these people where were a different brand of crazy. First off was the missing feathers. None of them seemed overly concerned about him. Just this Sam. One of them was afraid of the club and visably shaken every time its brought up. A Coward perhaps. A coward that saved his life, sure, but still is a coward. Another person who apparently screams at the top of her lungs for no real apparent reason. At best it was a one off nightmare or maybe she stubbed her toe, still quite the over reaction. At worse however, and most likely.. A crazy sodding bastard. The last one seemed about the only one who'd have  themselves straight.

In all honesty, there was not a single reason he should really stay and help them out with anything. Especially if he wasn't going to get anything more out of it. He'd already given them things, information.  Everything from the lighter and cigarette box feeds, his old coat's feed (This would also include all the times he's talked to people like John and Kato), the maps of the club, the previous packets of data, even information on SpittingCobra, the Army Wench, Blackhat, and Kato that he knows.

He's even given them a way to reduce the number of enemies, and get his car back. All that was left to do was fashion up a new coat, something he was taking the time to do at this moment, sewing data cables into the lining, so that all his grenades, and devices in the coat could be hardwired into his trodes. Made things easier and simpler even, and most importantly allowed him to directly activate the grenades under his coat, as the mirrorweave would make it pretty dang difficult for even a hardened hacker to hack his nades.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #552 on: <05-30-15/1433:32> »
"Well that was enough drama for the morning... we still have the noon and very late at night" said Marco, "lets go to the hospital."

[spoiler]
I do not know the distance from Shilla Shmidt's apartment to the hospital. (Smiles? )
[/spoiler]
On the way out Marco asks Ambrose, "Say... you were the last one to speak to the Mage Feathers before he was taken... any chance you tell me what was it you discussed that made them take him out of us all...?"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #553 on: <05-30-15/1508:02> »
"The drugs they serve there are alchemical creations with a powerful spell caster behind them. And its about time one of you spoke up about him, Ever since I've been here, its been Sam this, and sam that.  I was beginning to wonder about you lot. And well, I'm grateful you've helped get me set up and out of there, but don't expect me to go running in to help you lot out if you get into trouble." He lets the comment sit there for a moment, so he could watch how they take that news. "I don't mean that of course in a cold heartless way. Quite the opposite actually.. My skills are not for front line support. I can rig stuff up to blow, but I do that in the background. Doing too much in the foreground, and well, I get captured. My skills are more suited to draw them out.. and take them out enmass."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #554 on: <05-30-15/1552:37> »
"The drugs they serve there are alchemical creations with a powerful spell caster behind them. And its about time one of you spoke up about him, Ever since I've been here, its been Sam this, and sam that.  I was beginning to wonder about you lot. And well, I'm grateful you've helped get me set up and out of there, but don't expect me to go running in to help you lot out if you get into trouble." He lets the comment sit there for a moment, so he could watch how they take that news. "I don't mean that of course in a cold heartless way. Quite the opposite actually.. My skills are not for front line support. I can rig stuff up to blow, but I do that in the background. Doing too much in the foreground, and well, I get captured. My skills are more suited to draw them out.. and take them out enmass."

"That actually makes a lot of sense... it explain how the club preserves their secrets... by the time drug samples reach examination the alchemical properties are gone.
The thing is, Sam was the brain behind this operation. He was the one looking into Feathers disappearance and this whole gig is his own chess game.

The game does not seem to go out very well, first Feathers, than Sam, than you get jumped... too many indicators that we are not as stealthy as we think, and to answer your question I have a very good reason to fear the club... especially after what you just told me.

Feathers exposed his magical nature by examining the drugs and within a very short while he was taken. How do you think I got your hoop out of that basement?  I guessed that Feathers did something magical in the club, and so did I... He was a skilled mage, a capable shadowrunner and they got him... I am new to both shadowrunning and magic - so if they managed to take him they can just as well take me. I tried to keep everything mundane, the disguise the tools I used.. . but then I saw you in there and I just could not leave knowing that you are there...  "

He then adds:

"It's okay man...  everybody has different skills. Lets hope we won't need any muscle for the next hours, because our muscle is sleeping in her bed right now".

« Last Edit: <05-30-15/1603:19> by gilga »