NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <03-27-15/2234:30> »
After a few steps it was readily apparent that neither Yelena nor Stahl could really dance well.  She laughs and leans closer.  Yelena not very good.  Sorry.  What about just hold Yelena."  She puts her arms close around the male Keeb and moves in to plaster her form to his.  They dance with a rhythm all their own and she is a bit lost in the music and the closeness.  Someone in the crowd feels her butt through the dress and she does not seem to mind. It could be Stahl or some random stranger, but it feels good that someone wants to feel her up.  After two dances she lifts her head a bit and says, "So tell Yelena about you.  Where from and what do?"

After a few more dances and hopefully some words from her dance partner, she sighs, "Well, back to work, Stahl.  Thank for dance.  Yelena must mingle.  Maybe more later if want."  She moves closer to the edge of the dance floor so as to be more available.  She smiles at all the people who bring her drinks or other things.  The drinks she takes and conveniently puts on a small table to her side before returning to a conversation with someone.  She guides the person chatting her up to the next table over, conveniently forgetting her drink.  The drugs she slips into her clutch.

When she gets the message from Marco about the steak she can hear her stomach growling.  Laughing, she moves over to her table and sits with Feathers to enjoy a really good steak.  She has not had a real one in years and thoroughly enjoys the flavor.  She pours another shot of vodka, her second of the night, and slugs it down, placing the glass upside down on the table with the first one.  She asks the waitress for some iced water.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ElteeDan

• Newb
« Reply #121 on: <03-28-15/0047:00> »
Stahl smiled briefly as Yelena spoke, realizing that the pair of them were certainly rather poor at dancing compared to some of the other people on the dance floor. Stahl replied to Yelena sheepishly, waving a hand briefly. "Don't worry about it. I'm not much better." It seemed Stahl's dancing skills fit in better with the slower tempo and he doesn't object to Yelena moving in closer. The uncanny feeling Stahl got every time he looked at Yelena returned and his vision was plagued with thoughts from the past. He once again shook it off as Yelena spoke again. After a short pause, he replies evenly, keeping his answers short and sweet and perhaps purposely vague, "I'm from Germany. The capital, to be precise." Stahl pauses for a moment and a flicker of what could be doubt flashes across his face. "I suppose I don't do much of anything right now. Work's been hard to find." Stahl would end it at that, clearly uncomfortable about speaking on himself.

As Yelena gets back to work, Stahl says his goodbyes and eventually meets back up with the elf at the table, eyeing the steak hungrily. He couldn't remember the last time he had honest, cooked food. He sat, using any available silverware to eat the steak in a decidedly posh manner. He'd remain quiet for the most part, opting to listen in to the others talk. Stahl realized, with some amount of surprise, that he was actually enjoying himself. The entire event was rather spontaneous but this group seemed to be made up of good people. Soon after these thoughts Stahl was hit with a pang of guilt. After all, he'd come here to look for Reiner, not party. He continued eating, nevertheless, his expression dour and solemn despite the club's energy.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <03-28-15/0258:36> »
Ambrose sighed as he didn't get a response from the kid. "Well.. Just think on it." he remarks, shaking his head as he stood, and moved off out of the bar. He was fortunate enough to get the maps of the place, and honestly could plot the bombs out with just those alone. It wouldn't have been hard, but in this job he's learned one thing. Undersell yourself more.

While the Yak knew his demolitions and pickpocketing, they weren't really brought into the knowledge of what else he could do. If it was about sixty years ago or so, he could be in some truck cooking meth with a dead beat druggy. Now the chemical compounds are different, a lot different. Somethings effect trolls, some effect awaken, somethings are digital drugs.

Moving around to a few shops here and there, he began a shopping list of gear he needed, wanted to have in order to properly do this. The first was the papers he needed to make the fake IDs, While he had some at his place, it was at his place. Besides that it was getting a little tinged from unuse, and he needed to make sure he had a fresh stock.

Then to the convenience store to pick up a few packs of cheap cigarettes, he wasn't of a smoker, actually quite the opposite, but one thing he found was just how usable one of these were if you pulled out a few and replaced with a small micro camera or Micro-microphone. Of course there was also removing the tabacco and putting a small fire cracker within then stuffing the tobacco back in. If done carefully enough,  none would be the wiser of the explosive within.

Along with the packs, he bought a few decent lighters. These were probably even better for hidden surveillance gear, as few people take them apart when they are emptied out.

He moved all over town so he could be there the next day, Collecting a few minicameras, minimics, things to hide them.

Along with that he finally got that update to his car's software, adding a rating 2 pilot program.

Returning home he begins to sit down and stare at his desk. What could he use for his story? While he pondered this he began taking apart the first lighter to install a microcamera into it.

[spoiler]
Criminal Knowledge: 8d6t5 1
Disguise the Lighter: 10d6t5 3
Sprawl Life: 6d6t5 2

Bought 4 packs of Cigarettes 5Y each 20Y
Bought  6 Lighters at 10Y Each, for 60Y
Bought 4 Micro Cameras at 100Y Each for 400Y
Bought 6 Micro Microphones at 100Y Each for 600Y
Bought rating 2 Auto Pilot at 500 per rating, for 1000Y

Total cost 2080Y

[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <03-28-15/0411:37> »
Ambrose works for several hours, slowly, carefully, methodically. And when he's done the ordinary looking cigarettes are tools for his trade and each one will serve his needs.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <03-28-15/0611:52> »
Marco goes back to the table, he looks happy and it is not the port wine. He sits and eagerly eats his steak… they are decent… definitely not exquisite tough, if Sam pays enough I’ll take you to a place with good meat. They'll do their work in enabling a night of drinking tough.

He looks distant for a short while and then speaks with great passion in his words.
This careful and in control thing does not work for us tonight…. we should indulge ourselves so we get offered their really cool attractions.  We need to be paitient -  I am going to start with the Apollo missions and I am going to drink the entire program- Or pass out trying to!
then I am going to dance like a devil and when my legs are tired I'll go to chill out in that hot tub on the roof… this my night plan. I think that it will be super effective, and we’ll have some fun in the process. I bet Arc can just record everything she sees and I can browse my memories when I am sober -  I can even help you remember if you let me.

After a short while he adds in a serious voice.

The people that see the true nature of this places are the ones that party the hardest, not the ones that carefully control how much they drink.
  he orders the entire Appolo program in intervals of 5 minutes between drink to drink. Be punctual. he tells the waitress, it appears that it is very important to him.

« Last Edit: <03-28-15/0616:17> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <03-28-15/0648:30> »
Yelena stays close to Stahl as he talks, stroking his back with an arm.  She perks up a bit when he says he is from Germany.  "Deutschland?  Jelena wurde Deutschland.  Mehrere Städte, sind Kapital."  She pauses but his answers do not express much.  Sensing that Stahl is uncertain, she stops asking questions and puts her head back against his chest and lets the music take her away.  When she reluctantly breaks from Stahl to mingle she spends a few moments to check on Arc.  Her friend seems to be having a great time so she leaves her alone to begin mixing.

When Stahl joins them at the table, Yelena motions for him to dig into one of the steaks.  She notices his hesitation and the expression on his face.  "Stahl miss friend?  Yelena know how feel.  Hope you find." 

She smiles at Marco when he comes back to the table.  Laughing, she says, "Marco know fun.  Yelena not know how let loose.  Very uncomfortable  Marco say tub on roof?  That where Yelena go and maybe meet with other people there."  She picks up one of the bottles of vodka and several shot glasses and heads for the stairs to the rooftop garden and hot tub.  A sign at the top of the stairs warns the patrons that the pool is a bathing suit optional area.  The paved path leads through a decorative garden, complete with small trees and she follows it to a large open patio.  A full bar sits on one side, artfully blending into the vegetation and several chaise lounges circle the bubbling hot tub in the center of the expanse.  She gasps when she sees the size of the pool.  *Is like huge boiling pot.*  Yelena greets the three women and five men that are already in the tub.  There is a pile of large fluffy towels on a rack near the tub and Yelena goes to get one.  She places her bottle and glasses on the patio surface in reach of the tub then she strips the cheongsam off and slips into the bubbling water, not particularly caring if they notice her tattoos.  After all, they might be conversation starters.   She offers the others a drink as she pours herself a shot. 
« Last Edit: <03-28-15/0650:02> by Mercy Merchant »

ElteeDan

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <03-28-15/1209:20> »
"Stahl miss friend?  Yelena know how feel.  Hope you find." 

"Danke. Viel Spaß." Stahl offered, somewhat still lost in his thoughts. Between meeting this new group and searching for Reiner, Stahl had a lot of thinking to do. He silently finished his steak, glancing around the club. Seems like I've enjoyed myself too much. Stahl shot a short glance around the less-populated parts of the club in an effort to maybe spot something odd. Not finding anything out of the unusual, Stahl realized he wasn't just going to get lucky and find out some random clue about his friend. With a somewhat crestfallen sigh he stood from the table, bidding anyone still there a good night, before moving to exit the club swiftly. On his way out, Stahl thought to himself, Looks like I'll just have to wait for Marco's friend. May as well ask around some more. Shortly after leaving the building, Stahl shot a short message to Arc.

>>@Arc: Heading out. Thanks for the help. Contact me if you find anything. Stop by my apartment sometime - I need to repay you for helping me get in. Bring whoever. No need for fancy dresses this time. After shooting Arc his address, Stahl began the long walk home. He wasn't too worried about handing his address out to the group. They seemed friendly enough and if they had information regarding Reiner he definitely had to make them his friends. It was getting rather late by this point. Stahl thought perhaps he might have stayed out a bit too late - Abigail wasn't going to be happy. With a short frown Stahl realized how old that made him sound. He was hardly in his twenties. For a brief moment Stahl longed to be back in Hannover. It hadn't even been that long since he left, and Stahl felt like he was a completely different person. He shook these thoughts off. Stahl debated stopping to pick something up for the babysitter, instead deciding to head straight back. He stuffed his hands into his coat as he swiftly walked down the darkening sidewalk.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #127 on: <03-28-15/1233:15> »
Sat @ 03:00
@ Arc  The music is infectious and you're having a good time despite you're earlier misgivings. The number of guys wanting to dance with you is very large, and you're earlier clumsiness is soon swept away. You eventually find yourself at the bar cuddled up against a very good looking human who signals one of the bartenders, an orc, to bring you a fresh drink. "I know a great little place we can go to after this. Someplace quieter, where we can enjoy each others company a bit more." His smile is warm and engaging and he gazes up and down your figure appreciatively. The orc glances at you and says, "I'm glad to meet Arc." and in Or'Zet, "Joyboy is branching out." with a look towards your 'admirer'.

@ Yelena  The party on the roof admires your figure and accepts the drinks. And once you're in you can see that bathing suits would be unexpected in here. They're friendly and one of them passes you some Bliss. "It doesn't go as well with Vodka as it does the Twin Sun Twilight but it'll still help your enjoyment. And I would definitely enjoy getting to know your tats a lot better." He grins at you lasciviously. A woman smiles at you all, "Although nothing beats the Starlight. Once you guys get over playing with the usual offerings and spend enough money the club will offer you their special." she says with the air of someone tantalizing you to sin. He responds, "I'm sure we'll all get around to it. Places like this make their money y keeping you coming. So they've always got to offer something new. But noting beats having someone new. RIght?" He says reaching an arm around Yelena and pulling her into him. The water is the perfect temperature as is his skin and his hand roves suggestively, teasingly, as his lips stroke her neck.

@ Marco  You're in demand tonight as the women and a few men via for your attention. It's not hard to keep the drinks coming as someone is always willing to pay for them in order to dance with you, and one good looking keeb leans in after a dance. "I've got a private room. You can enjoy a far larger variety of the pleasures this club has to offer back there with me. Very nice moves by the way." his voice drops a notch and his arm slides around your back with a subtle pressure pulling you towards him.

@ Stahl  The air is cold, and it's no time of night to be walking in The Barrens. Stahl decides he'd better get a taxi and one of the bouncers hails on for him. On the ride home he receives a comm, >>You're persona non-grata in your own country. But it remains to be seen if that makes you a hindrance or an asset to me. I am willing to show you the few photos I have of the missing to see if one of them is your friend and then we can discuss the possibility of you joining my crew. Meet me at The Skeleton at 09:00.Sam<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #128 on: <03-28-15/1331:26> »
After what seemed to be her second drink, Arc was definitely much more relaxed on the dance floor, her lack of knowledge of how to dance giving way to a natural moving of the body.  Ever she kept her eyes recording, in case there was something she missed that she may have so much as glanced at, for looking through later.  She picked up Yelena's trick about how to handle three drinks, though from all the offerings, she could have easiliy imbibed a full drink's worth or more.

Reading the messages from Marco, her smile seemed to falter a bit, but only for a brief moment.  Marco, what are you up to...  Stahl's seemed a bit less suggestive, which helped her relax a bit more as she finished her glass of rum, mentally sending her replies.

@Marco{Arc}>>
<<I'll think about that offer.  Stahl can have my steak.  Think I'm getting somewhere.  Saw Tammie take a glitch somewhere, but couldn't follow.  Drones won't do drek with this much noise.

@Stahl{Arc}>>
<<Null sweat, chummer.  I might take you up on that.  Be safe

It wasn't long after that into the late hours of the night that Arc found herself at the bar next to the man...who the bartender identified as Joyboy.  The human couldn't help but feel pleasantly surprised by the fact that only a few weeks ago, staying up this late would have  resulted in pain where her eye implants would begin burning from extended use.  That is gone, and now she is having a wild night as part of a job.  As the ork tender handed her a new drink, a dark whiskey neat in a glass, the little human responded back in Or'Zet.  "Joyboy, huh?  The frag you mean branching out?  Thanks for the drink, Ancestor's blessings."  Tilting her head, she sipped the strong whiskey as she turned to the human, a smirk on her face.  She was feeling the warm glow of the alcohol by now, getting a bit giggly.

"Picked up the language growing up.  You wouldn't be the first to think it odd, hahaha"  She took another pull, leaning up against the man before glancing up at him.  "..Quieter, huh?  I think I can be a bit more amenible to that...you ain't gonna whisk me away to some bunraku drek, right?  I'll break ya for that.." She winked, laughing and patting his chest, nodding her head.  "Aight...lead the way.."  Recalling through her buzz that private rooms could easily be where stuff is going on they might be interested in.  She sent a message to Yelena as a safety measure.

@Yelena{Arc}>>
<<Some gentleman Joyboy is taking me someplace private.  Seems innocent enough...for this place @ least.  Little nervous, but hoping I learn drek.  Will call if need help? :)

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <03-28-15/1341:11> »
@ Arc The bartender replies, "Ancestor's Blessings" and in Or'Zet, "Grifter, smart enough to know his face won't last forever."

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <03-28-15/1344:01> »
Finally finished with his work, and satisfied he can pick up a rather lot of info, he spends the night at home so he could be able to be rested the next day. Thoughts buzz through his head as he sleeps, plans for the new day.

Waking up, he eighed, looking at the ceiling. Another day, another dollar. Well, the job wasn't going to get finished with him staying here. Sitting up he began to stretch the fatigue ouf of his body, joints popping as moved. Everything creaked, popped and crackled on the old man.

The place probably did have metal scanners at the door. What place wouldn't? Especially one that looked rather fancy like this. Slipping into clean clothing, he began putting on his suit again, the heavy coat over his shoulders. It was great he lived up here in Seattle where it was quite a bit cooler than some place like Arizona where wearing this heavy coat would be.. heavy.

A few hours to go for the reservation he had, He was very much a preparer. He didn't like going into situations without having backup plans, but now that he was by himself, unless the fashion accessory finally got back to him on things, He was going to have to go in without one. If nothing else, he spent the time before, looking at the maps that he did get for the bomb placements, and what kind of bombs would be needed. He did however go just slightly over the amount actually needed. Not too much in case the Yak did it themselves, but enough he could pocket a bit of boom. The club however was a little different from his normal targets, too many people in a small space.

Now was the time, at long last, to enter into the club. HE didn't bring any weapons with him, at least none that could be counted as one. His cigarettes, lighters and normal outfits.

He looked around, trying to find what he'd need to do for his job, Thats right, there is a party here for some local monster hunters or something. It probably wasn't anywhere near as bad as the media said, they do like to embellish things. HE didn't want to spend any nuyen, but he knew the importance of course to look like he wasn't just there for a job. He examined his reservation a few times to see if it allowed for any sort of "business expenses" he could do.

[spoiler] Perception: 10d6t5 4 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-28-15/1347:03> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <03-28-15/1411:39> »
@ Ambrose  You receive a comm message just as you're leaving for the club. >>Blackhat will not be joining you. He had some most unfortunate friendships. Kato<< The credstick that's was delivered to you this morning is good for 300 nuyen. Ok for two, not generous but enough for drinks and tips. But, very generous for Ambrose with Blackhat out of the picture.

When you get to the club the AR display is in it's Jupiter Ascending phase. Spectacular, and the music is rising in tempo. Ambrose is a bit out of place with this young crowd, especially since he's not displaying any AR enhancements at the moment,
« Last Edit: <03-31-15/1034:45> by ismilealot »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #132 on: <03-28-15/1450:07> »
@ Arc The bartender replies, "Ancestor's Blessings" and in Or'Zet, "Grifter, smart enough to know his face won't last forever."

"Ayup, definitely not his usual then.  Ah well, thanks for the tip.  Here's one of my own"  A quick mental command authorized a deposit of 60 nuyen to the tender in appreciation of the warning.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <03-28-15/1459:05> »
Yelena accepts the little capsule and looks at it, knowing what will happen if she breaks it and inhales the forbidden pleasures hidden inside.  It has been years since she was this close to her drug of choice.  Well, this and kamikaze.  She recalled different highs and different thrills.  The kamikaze had made her feel invincible and the bliss had been her means of escape.  She had never even realized she was addicted, much less how addicted she was.  It did not take long for her to be so very reliant on the drugs that she would do anything to get them.  Sex and killing were the common coin in prison and she was very proficient at using both to get her fixes. 

In the partial second it took for her to relive this, she felt herself sliding back into the pit it had taken twenty years to crawl out of.  The capsule in her hand proved to be too much.  Breaking it open under her nose, she allowed the heady, wonderful stuff to enter her body, suffusing to every part of her sensory group.  Smiling she looks at the man who had given her the drug, "Thank much.  Yelena like much.  And may tell of tattoos, but might not like what hear."  She also smiles at the woman,  "And what this special?  You have?"  Her look promises a tantalizing sin of its own, if the woman wants to accept the offer.

She is amused by Arc's message.  <Arc.  Yelena.  Not likely innocent this place.  Go with eyes open.  Have fun.  Call if need and Yelena be there.  Friend always.>

Yelena does nothing to resist the man as he pulls her to him.  She momentarily closes her eyes as his fingers roam across her body.  She opens them as he kisses her neck and, looking at the friendly woman, motions with an arm for her to join them.  She will let herself completely feel the moment and all the joy it can bring.  Her body leaps at the remembered joys of the drug coursing through her.  So long, so very long between hits and yet everything is remembered as if her last capsule was just hours ago.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <03-28-15/1623:38> »
Having sort of wrote the book about temptation, Marco would never make it easy. He thinks that it does not matter how good you look - the best way to kill a desire is to completely satisfy it. Give them what they want and they are yours for a day, leave them begging for more and they are yours forever.

Marco gives a blank look to his partner, in just the right time he charges him and gives him a hot, sensual and passionate deep french kiss. I am sorry sweetie, there is really nothing you could possibly offer me. I like your smell and I would totally devour you some other night. I have experienced all vices in existence... I got bored with most of them. Either you shake that sweet body of yours, or stop wasting my time.

He continue dancing, giving in to the music and having fun. He does not wait to see what that keeb will do.
« Last Edit: <03-28-15/1626:10> by gilga »