• 2 Replies

Quicksilver

• Newb
« on: <10-15-19/1255:12> »
Read SR5 and have some questions:
1) SR5 CRB, p175: "Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase
and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced
into, a Simple or Complex Action other than shooting. "

So I can each action phase do Aim (simple) + Shoot (simple) and don't even care about recoil? Or I forgot something?

2)To gain a benefit from Vision Magnification character need to take an Aim action. Does character need to take Aim in every action phase and after shooting it's "resets", or you can Ain one time and than gain benefit during all encounter?

(Sorry for mistakes, I'm not native speeker)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <10-15-19/1418:43> »
#1: Correct. That's why I hate the recoil errata, it took all the bite out of the recoil rule...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-19/1607:39> »
So I can each action phase do Aim (simple) + Shoot (simple) and don't even care about recoil?
In this case you don't have to care about cumulative recoil. The attack itself might cause enough recoil that you are left with uncompensated recoil which will affect your dice pool for that attack.

But if you for example Take Aim + Fire (simple) and in the next action phase Fire (simple) + Reload then you would suffer cumulative recoil in that second attack.

Does character need to take Aim in every action phase and after shooting
Yes. The effect of Take Aim is just for one attack.

The effect of Take Aim (or multiple Take Aim in a row) is gone once you take your shot (but also if you take any other action except Take Aim, even spending a free action will reset your Take Aim bonus and you have to start over).