NEWS

Pre roll edge!?

• 4 Replies

Darksithmstr

• Newb
  • Fraggin' A
« on: <02-01-22/1252:14> »
So it I never noticed, you are suppose to announce edge boosts before you roll unless stated?  Which is most of them, I am suppose to pay 2 edge to move a 4 into 5 before I know I have any 4's?  That seems ludicrous, or did they just fail to say decide after the roll?
See u in the Matrix!

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-01-22/1618:35> »
I don't think I ever noticed that changing the die roll boost didn't specify it could be used after the roll.  I've always played that it's available after the roll.  I don't think I'm going to change that.  My players use it a lot. :)

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-01-22/1634:46> »
So it I never noticed, you are suppose to announce edge boosts before you roll unless stated?  Which is most of them, I am suppose to pay 2 edge to move a 4 into 5 before I know I have any 4's?  That seems ludicrous, or did they just fail to say decide after the roll?
List of Edge Boosts in Combat you must declare before you roll consists of:

- Use of an Edge Action (all of them)
- Negate 1 Edge of a foe
- Add your Edge Attribute as a dice pool bonus to your roll, and make 6s explode
- 2s count for glitches for target

All the other edge boosts (such as "Reroll one die" that MercilessMing mentioned) can only be taken after the roll or (such as the "Add 1 to a single die roll" that you mentioned) can be taken at any time.

Darksithmstr

• Newb
  • Fraggin' A
« Reply #3 on: <02-01-22/1723:03> »
Found on Pg. 105 Seattle Core, it lists which can be taken when, it was worded oddly in initial Edge section.
See u in the Matrix!

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-22/1200:05> »
That's good.  Yeah the Edge section wording would lead you to believe it was pre-only, since it says everything that isn't pre-only would say so in the description.