NEWS

Running Battle Royale -> Free Seattle (Spoilers'ish)

• 2 Replies

Tnirb

• Newb
« on: <01-29-22/1455:54> »
Hey fellow GMs

Tomorrow I am running "Battle Royale" and some time in the comming weeks, "Free Seattle"

I am looking for a timeline (since I like to track time) and none of the scenarios state what date it is. I might wanna go for "Cutting Black" and "30 Days of Night" after that and need a date in 2080 to Start up on "Battle Royale"?

As of now I have picked: Thursday, 7. November, 2080 as start date for Battle Royale because
(https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/2080) states that the latest blackouts are November 6th. Then I can start "Free Seattle" on: Saturday, 9. November.

Will these dates work or conflict with Cutting Black and 30 Days of Night?

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-29-22/1550:23> »
Yeah you should place them earlier.  30 nights starts at the beginning of the blackout.  Free Seattle takes place well before then.  I don't have cutting black in front of me, but it should have the dates for these.

My advice is to not get pinned down by dates.  Make things happen when it's good for the story.

It's good if 30 Nights happens in the cold months, because that adds a nice survival element to the story.  The plot of 30 nights barely ever touches on it though.

Just one of the many ways 30 Nights is not a good book.
« Last Edit: <01-29-22/1554:03> by MercilessMing »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <01-29-22/1812:56> »
Hey fellow GMs

Tomorrow I am running "Battle Royale" and some time in the comming weeks, "Free Seattle"

I am looking for a timeline (since I like to track time) and none of the scenarios state what date it is. I might wanna go for "Cutting Black" and "30 Days of Night" after that and need a date in 2080 to Start up on "Battle Royale"?

As of now I have picked: Thursday, 7. November, 2080 as start date for Battle Royale because
(https://shadowrun.fandom.com/wiki/2080) states that the latest blackouts are November 6th. Then I can start "Free Seattle" on: Saturday, 9. November.

Will these dates work or conflict with Cutting Black and 30 Days of Night?
Free Seattle takes place months before Seattle actually becomes free, it's about political stuff that happens which builds up to the eventual event. So I'd probably place Battle Royale in summer, followed by Free Seattle. Then shortly after the end of Free Seattle, the blackouts.

The first of November is when Philly went dark. Toronto goes dark on what sounds like the sixth of November, so that's the start of 30 Nights. That means it ends on the sixth of December. 28th of December Seattle actually goes free.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!