NEWS

The Essence effect scale?

• 48 Replies

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <11-05-10/1027:54> »
I have always handled essence loss effects in game as a strictly RP sort of thing, and rewarded it with Karma.  I like the idea that it is more the effects the cybernetics have on you that guides you to the RP, if you are built to be a hammer every thing starts to look like a nail. All these normal people are so slow why don't they talk faster I have had six conversation via IM in my head before this guy sputtered out a sentence or two.

I also like the notion that the more power a magical type gets they also feel a sort of a disconnect from the rest of (meta)humanity. If you can kill someone with a thought then maybe bring them back from the brink of death there is bound to be some sort of a disconnect, if you can shift into a large animal or fly or what ever just by thinking it or talk to beings that are not from this plane there is bound to be some disconnect.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <11-05-10/1442:58> »
I also like the notion that the more power a magical type gets they also feel a sort of a disconnect from the rest of (meta)humanity. If you can kill someone with a thought then maybe bring them back from the brink of death there is bound to be some sort of a disconnect ....

No more so than a surgeon. ;)

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #47 on: <11-06-10/0044:10> »
I've known surgeons there is a huge disconnect there already.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <11-06-10/1008:21> »
Some people can handle this kind of thing, and some people can't.  It's the same with anyone who has an advanced skillset (or perceived one).  Just take a look at all the starlets and pro sports folks who overindulge in stupidity.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."