Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Decker Movies

(1/2) > >>

Chalkarts:
I've made a decker.
I'm hoping to get him into play soon but I'm not as familiar with the archetype as I'd like.

As I'm sure we all do, I often have a frame of reference from Film/TV/Books.

For Deckers, as they are in SR/CP, the only good film example I can think of is from Johnny Mnemonic(Keanu Reeves-1995).

Do you know of any others?

I don't really count "The Matrix Trilogy"

Sphinx:
Hardison (Aldis Hodge) from Leverage would be my favorite hacker example. In no particular order, there's also Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series of novels and films. Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) from Nikita. Bryce Lynch (Chris Young) from Max Headroom. Mac (Tina Majorino) from Veronica Mars. Finch (Michael Emerson) from Person of Interest. Napster (Seth Green) from The Italian Job (remake). Stanley (Hugh Jackman) from Swordfish. Matt Farrell (Justin Long) from Live Free or Die Hard. Nick Hathaway (Chris Hemsworth) from Blackhat.

Mirikon:
Angelina Jolie in Hackers.

Psimon_Says:
Try looking at the Keanu movie Johny Mnemonic that movie is based on a short story that essentially jump-started the "cyberpunk" concept. If you are looking for a literary reference the seminal work in the field is Neuromancer by the same author William Gibson

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: Mirikon on ---Angelina Jolie in Hackers.

--- End quote ---

Technically all the protagonists and the villain in hackers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version