NEWS

4th and 6th worlds

• 30 Replies

Glorthoron

• Omae
« on: <07-01-12/2145:39> »
Another thread based on curiosity....

SInce SR and Earthdawn are now owned by different companies, the connection is pretty much gone. 

However, I would like to know who still recognizes it?

And who still uses this connection in adventures?
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <07-01-12/2151:27> »
The connection is still there, Glor. You've seen hints (some subtle, some not so much) of it in the Artifacts campaign and missions. And if Harlequin, Ehran, and the Great Dragons are still around, you can bet it will come up again.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-01-12/2153:52> »
The connection is still there, Glor. You've seen hints (some subtle, some not so much) of it in the Artifacts campaign and missions. And if Harlequin, Ehran, and the Great Dragons are still around, you can bet it will come up again.

True about the dragons, Harlequin, etc.  But the books you refer to me are out of my hands.  I haven't used a module in years, upon years, upon years, upon . . . . well, you get where I'm going with this: a very long time ago.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-01-12/2159:22> »
Well, the whole Artifacts campaign is basically saying "Look there's some stuff from long ago that is starting to wake up!" Also, at one point the DIMR got its hand on a piece of rock that happened to have an aura to it. Someone decided to call it a Life Rock. Given that Ehran is over at the DIMR...

Also, while people may call Simon Andrews (SK's player in the artifact craziness in Seattle) a Changeling, it is pretty clear that Lofwyr is thinking he might be the first of the tskrang to appear in the Sixth World.

My Characters

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-01-12/2201:50> »
Well, the whole Artifacts campaign is basically saying "Look there's some stuff from long ago that is starting to wake up!" Also, at one point the DIMR got its hand on a piece of rock that happened to have an aura to it. Someone decided to call it a Life Rock. Given that Ehran is over at the DIMR...

Also, while people may call Simon Andrews (SK's player in the artifact craziness in Seattle) a Changeling, it is pretty clear that Lofwyr is thinking he might be the first of the tskrang to appear in the Sixth World.

Very cool.

What is the official title of this campaign/module?  I'm very interested. 

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-01-12/2211:12> »
Dawn of the Artifacts is the campaign title. Goes over four books. Also, Artifacts Unbound has more artifact fun, ending with Ghostwalker stepping through Dunkelzhan's Rift, and shutting it behind him. And several of the Season 4 Missions have artifact-related plots.

My Characters

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-02-12/1221:17> »
Don't worry, Earthdawn and the Fourth world links continue to exist and sadly, at least in my opinion, continue to drag the game world down into the same static mess. Nihil Novi.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-02-12/1224:53> »
Don't worry, Earthdawn and the Fourth world links continue to exist and sadly, at least in my opinion, continue to drag the game world down into the same static mess. Nihil Novi.

Booooooo!!!!!!!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-02-12/1248:46> »
Glor and I agree on some things, it seems.

My Characters

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-02-12/1307:03> »

You're entitled to your opinion, but I must heartily disagree. Now that I'm actually playing in an Earthdawn game and have read up a bunch on the setting, I've found that it's only added new depth to the Shadowrun setting.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-02-12/1314:41> »

You're entitled to your opinion, but I must heartily disagree. Now that I'm actually playing in an Earthdawn game and have read up a bunch on the setting, I've found that it's only added new depth to the Shadowrun setting.
Now, now. The fact that people like Paris Hilton proves that there's a fan base for shallowness out there. To each their own. And hopefully they'll find theirs elsewhere.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <07-02-12/1622:02> »
Now, now. The fact that people like Paris Hilton proves that there's a fan base for shallowness out there. To each their own. And hopefully they'll find theirs elsewhere.
"Reality" TV Shows have to make a profit somehow, right?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <07-02-12/2037:42> »

Loss of five yards for straw man. Immortal elven conspiracies doesn't necissarily equate to depth. I would actually make the argument that it's the opposite. Supposedly the world has been run by the same small group. It's not necissarily depth it's a trope!http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AncientConspiracy Which isn't to say it's bad, just that in our case our ancient power blocks are run by dragons and immortal elves. From this concept the much hated Black Madonna book comes along with some others.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #13 on: <07-02-12/2046:38> »
Except the world hasnt always been run by an Ancient Conspiracy. The Fourth World was, the Fifth a definite "negative ghost rider", and now they're gearing it back up in the Sixth. A lot of the immortal players are fairly in the dark regarding some parts of the Sixth World, especially in the Matrix arena.

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <07-02-12/2201:10> »
Except the world hasnt always been run by an Ancient Conspiracy. The Fourth World was, the Fifth a definite "negative ghost rider", and now they're gearing it back up in the Sixth. A lot of the immortal players are fairly in the dark regarding some parts of the Sixth World, especially in the Matrix arena.

I never really got the feeling that the 4th world was run by an Ancient Conspiracy.  No worse than your typical political intrigue.