NEWS

2 questions (Mage/Face)

• 24 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-11-12/1117:57> »
Had an idea once of hitting a group of targets with Orgy with in initiate and Quickening it.  8) ;D
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #16 on: <05-11-12/1121:55> »
Jesus, Gunz, that is just plain wrong!

Of course, I have a character in my files who runs around with 5 Force 4 Illusion foci and slaps orgy and orgasm on anyone who gets in his way XD

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-11-12/1232:24> »
Ssustaining spells does not require maintaining line of sight. You can keep an Orgy spell going for hours. Man, that can really piss people off. Truly exhausting.

Where does it say that? I am pretty sure you needed line of sight in order to sustain spells... i could be wrong tho! xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #18 on: <05-11-12/1306:44> »
No, you need LOS to cast the spell. Once the target goes out of LOS, you can still sustain the spell. So yes, slapping that Orgy spell on a group of people and sustaining it long term can have some hillarious results. But just remember that a spell you are currently sustaining is a link to you. And if one of your targets is someone who has a friend who can call on ritual juju, having anything that can be traced or linked back to you is a Bad ThingTM.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <05-11-12/1326:28> »
Sustaining an area spell is a little different. The spell effect occurs in the area and "Characters who 'drop out' of the affected area are no longer affected by the spell; characters who are 'enveloped' by the area must defend against the effects of the spell as appropriate." (SR4A, p.184)

_Pax_

« Reply #20 on: <05-11-12/1409:28> »
So Quickening an Orgy spell basically makes a "Fun Room", eh?

Hmmmmmm....

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #21 on: <05-11-12/1600:44> »

2nt this is the list of contacts I've chosen so far.

Decker[L:3 C:2]
Johnson[L:3 C:3]
Mike(safe house general thuggery)[L:4 C:1]
Mob(from made man)[L:4 C:8]

I was thinking of a contact in lonestar and or possibly in local government.

I've got 11BP left to spend.

On a less orgasmic note, I never spend points on a low-level or low-loyalty Contacts.

They're a dime a dozen. I'd rather have one very loyal and/or very connected Contact than several that I could make simply by spending a weekend getting to know the neighborhood.

Think about it - you go down to your Friendly Neighborhood Black Market Gun Shoppe, chit-chat a bit to build rapport, buy yourself a nice throw-down weapon (haggling just enough to let them know you're not a just some rube) and bang, you've got a low-level, low-loyalty Contact, basically.

If I'm spending BP,  I'm gonna make it count.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist
« Last Edit: <05-11-12/1607:57> by JoeNapalm »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #22 on: <05-11-12/1636:24> »

2nt this is the list of contacts I've chosen so far.

Decker[L:3 C:2]
Johnson[L:3 C:3]
Mike(safe house general thuggery)[L:4 C:1]
Mob(from made man)[L:4 C:8]

I was thinking of a contact in lonestar and or possibly in local government.

I've got 11BP left to spend.

On a less orgasmic note, I never spend points on a low-level or low-loyalty Contacts.

They're a dime a dozen. I'd rather have one very loyal and/or very connected Contact than several that I could make simply by spending a weekend getting to know the neighborhood.

Think about it - you go down to your Friendly Neighborhood Black Market Gun Shoppe, chit-chat a bit to build rapport, buy yourself a nice throw-down weapon (haggling just enough to let them know you're not a just some rube) and bang, you've got a low-level, low-loyalty Contact, basically.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I dunno, the flip side to that is the ol' "too many eggs in one basket" argument. If the GM rules that your contact wouldn't know the info you need AND doesn't have anyone in HIS contact list that would know, you're SOL. But by having multiple contacts in a broad range of specialities, you increase your options.
True, they might roll on you easier, and you aren't going to get free tickets to the game out if them, but hey, beats being in a lurch for a pass key to the EVO security mainframe when your only contact is a janitor at aztech. (yea, bad example, those aztech bozo hate everyone  :( )
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-11-12/1756:58> »

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Mechanically I agree with you, but thematically some times it is a bit of a stretch for why your former gang member knows Brucie the super fixer.  I usually just add a couple that fit the character and find the rest in game.  I wish you got free contacts by the book, it is a hard sell to spend points on anything but a fixer type contact when data search does almost everything else you want a contact to do.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #24 on: <05-11-12/1901:43> »

Hey, of it is a story-driven decision, that's awesome. I just wouldn't waste points on someone with no pull or trust, otherwise.

-Jn-