NEWS

2072 sports teams?

• 14 Replies

benhatt

• Chummer
« on: <07-18-11/1611:13> »
I was wondering where I could find comprehensive lists of 2072 sports teams.  Names pop up every once in while (Seattle 2072 and Attitude being
the biggest places I know) and was just wondering if anyone had compiled them all in one place?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-11/1617:43> »
There are lots of sports.  Combat Biker and Urban Brawl were both initially covered in Shadowbeat and have team lists there (but those team lists are about 20 years old, in-universe as well as IRL) -- Urban Brawl, at least, has gotten an update list in a recent CMP Adventure I wrote, Super Brawl Sunday (which will hopefully be made available for general consumption, sometime after the summer convention season).

There's no single book with up to date lists of every team in every sport, but that's (again) in part because, well, there are a lot of sports.  ;)  Shadowbeat is where I'd start, though, for most of them.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <07-18-11/1641:01> »
Shadowbeat, p.59-61 for Baseball, Basketball and Football. Combat Biker's franchises are listed on page 66 and the Urban Brawl teams are on page 68.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <07-18-11/1807:48> »
I imagine the German Urban Brawl book they put out updates the world UB league.  And one of the Missions we're running at the cons this year, CMP 2011-08: Super Brawl Sunday updates the North American League.  Here's the NAUBL Rankings Sidebar from that adventure (Written by Rusty "Critias" Zimmerman):

OFFICIAL ISSV:NAUBL FRANCHISE RANKINGS, 2073
(1)   Mountain Dragons (Draco Foundation)
(2)   Chicago Sensations (Truman Technologies)
(3)   New Orleans Tombstones (CAS)
(4)   Ares Predators (Ares Macrotechnology)
(5)   Lakota Arrows (Sioux Council)
(6)   Detroit Nightmares (UCAS)
(7)   Boston Massacre (UCAS)
(8)   Atlanta Butchers (CAS)
(9)   St. Louis Slaughter (UCAS)
(10)   Horizon Coordinators (Horizon)
(11)   Tenochtitlan Volcanoes (Aztlan)
(12)   Havana Guerrillas (CL)
(13)   Cincinnati Lasers (UCAS)
(14)   Denver Thunderheads (UCAS)
(15)   Boston Champions (NeoNET)
(16)   Norfolk Battlers (CAS)
(17)   Portland Paladins (Tir Tairngire)
(18)   Dallas Outlaws (CAS)
(19)   Miami Spears (CL)
(20)   Renraku Invincibles (Renraku)
(21)   Montreal Assassins (Quebec)
(22)   Tsimshian Warriors (Tsimshian)
(23)   New York Slashers (UCAS)
(24)   Oakland Terminators (CFS)
(25)   Tacoma Wings (Federated Boeing)
(26)   Seattle Screamers (UCAS)
(27)   Cleveland Chaos (UCAS)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #4 on: <07-18-11/1809:40> »
I wanted to post it, but I was worried about NDA stuff.  Since Bull did it instead, I guess I shouldn't have been TOO worried.  ;)

For those interested in what changes I made?  I knocked off one Chicago team (since the original list was pre-Bugs), I added a Portland team (to reflect the Tir's newer, comparatively open, borders and waning isolationism), added a Cleveland team as a favor to a certain Ork decker I've never met, gave Horizon and NeoNET teams (either for being North American-headquartered, or heavily into media and popular entertainment)...and gave Dallas a team, because there's just no fucking way that the love child of football and gunplay hasn't got a team somewhere in Texas. 
« Last Edit: <07-18-11/1816:27> by Critias »

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-11/1810:51> »
<grin> 

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <07-18-11/1904:37> »
Desert Wars!

GO BLACK DEVILS!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <07-18-11/1926:05> »
I wanted to post it, but I was worried about NDA stuff.  Since Bull did it instead, I guess I shouldn't have been TOO worried.  ;)

For those interested in what changes I made?  I knocked off one Chicago team (since the original list was pre-Bugs), I added a Portland team (to reflect the Tir's newer, comparatively open, borders and waning isolationism), added a Cleveland team as a favor to a certain Ork decker I've never met, gave Horizon and NeoNET teams (either for being North American-headquartered, or heavily into media and popular entertainment)...and gave Dallas a team, because there's just no fucking way that the love child of football and gunplay hasn't got a team somewhere in Texas. 
Nice to see they still sit in the bottom half of the league. :P

(Yeah, I'm a Philly fan, what of it? ;))

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <07-18-11/1932:02> »

Nice to see they still sit in the bottom half of the league. :P

(Yeah, I'm a Philly fan, what of it? ;))
Most of the teams are where they are for a reason;  new franchises not faring as well as older champions, for instance, with a few long-running teams that are on hard times (as part of the adventure's plot).

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-18-11/1947:47> »
It wouldn;t be a Cleveland team if it wasn't in the losing.  And it will still have a rabid fanbase that puts most other teams fans to shame. :)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <07-18-11/1952:37> »
It wouldn;t be a Cleveland team if it wasn't in the losing.  And it will still have a rabid fanbase that puts most other teams fans to shame. :)

Bull
Haven't heard about the riot of a time they had in Vancouver, did you?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-18-11/2010:23> »
I said "most".  ANd that was Canada.  And Hockey.  You guys are way too irrational about guys who play with their sticks in public.

Bull

benhatt

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <07-19-11/1741:08> »
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.  I like having a good grasp of the current society of 2072, let's me add a good background for when I GM. It's one of the reasons Attitude is in my top three books.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <07-19-11/1912:29> »
I said "most".  ANd that was Canada.  And Hockey.  You guys are way too irrational about guys who play with their sticks in public.

Bull
Also Women's Lacrosse.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #14 on: <07-21-11/1144:11> »
I want there to be Laserball. So I can be King of it.

Oooh... now I wanna make an ex-sports celebrity in Missions named Roy von Bacon.

-k