NEWS

20 minutes of Shadowrun Returns footage.

• 61 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <03-09-13/1321:31> »
I wonder if you'll be able to design custom spells, such as with Street Magic rules.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-09-13/1332:09> »
I wonder if you'll be able to design custom spells, such as with Street Magic rules.

I don't think that's listed in the planned features. Besides which, that would be a nightmare to program!
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <03-09-13/1348:13> »
Heh, I just had to explain to someone why there was no Wireless.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #18 on: <03-09-13/1533:40> »
Holy Fallout 2, Batman!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <03-09-13/1616:40> »
Holy Fallout 2, Batman!
Haven't seen the Wastelands 2 Pre-Alpha Footage then, have you?  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-09-13/1756:37> »

I don't think that's listed in the planned features. Besides which, that would be a nightmare to program!

Not really, especially not if it had been in the plans at first.  You could pretty easily write the spell design system and then use it to build the pre-set spells.  Or unify common spell aspects into the same code like any programmer would, and use that in the custom spell system.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Manchine

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-09-13/2010:07> »
This is something I want.  It looks so GREAT and to make your own missions will be FUN AS HECK!

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #22 on: <03-09-13/2106:39> »
I've talked to my family about increasing my level to the point where I could be an NPC in the game.

The beatings will continue in just a short period of time.   :'(

If only I could spontaneously find several hundred dollars sitting in my spring jacket.  :'( I would love to have myself ported in as a Stuffer Shack clerk using the store as a drug den or something (because art should imitate life a bit before shooting it in the kneecap), but baring a stroke of fortune I'll have to stick with what I've got.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #23 on: <03-10-13/1317:59> »
Haven't seen the Wastelands 2 Pre-Alpha Footage then, have you?  ;D
Perhaps it's worth noting Fallout 2 was one of my all-time faves.

Manchine

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <03-10-13/1929:00> »
My question is I wonder how big you can make your own content?  Can you make a whole city worth?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-11-13/0102:09> »
I didn't know Kickstarter even EXISTED until this was over with. :(

If they're letting people up their pledge, will they let someone pledge that didn't get to earlier?

Because, you know ... I want in. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <03-11-13/0159:46> »
My question is I wonder how big you can make your own content?  Can you make a whole city worth?
Find out when the editor releases, I guess.

I apparently have been volunteered by some forumites to write adventures already.  I don't even know if I'll be able to grok the editor!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-11-13/0325:43> »
Find out when the editor releases, I guess.

I apparently have been volunteered by some forumites to write adventures already.  I don't even know if I'll be able to grok the editor!

I imagine, were that the case, that you could find someone who's no kind of writer but groks the editor just fine.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #28 on: <03-11-13/0604:50> »
I'm seriously considering buying the game, just for the editor... be handy to use it to make maps for tabletop or PbP games.
The game itself... I hate to say I wasn't all that impressed. More the opposite really. Sorry.

From the lack of any social skills (apparently Charisma is all that matters), it looks like it's pretty much a squad-based turn-based combat game.
Which, I have to admit, is among my favorite genres. But I've seen it executed way better in games like Jagged Alliance (2) and very soon, Xenonauts.
Doesn't even look like there'll be an inventory!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-11-13/0618:49> »
I'm seriously considering buying the game, just for the editor... be handy to use it to make maps for tabletop or PbP games.
The game itself... I hate to say I wasn't all that impressed. More the opposite really. Sorry.

From the lack of any social skills (apparently Charisma is all that matters), it looks like it's pretty much a squad-based turn-based combat game.
Which, I have to admit, is among my favorite genres. But I've seen it executed way better in games like Jagged Alliance (2) and very soon, Xenonauts.
Doesn't even look like there'll be an inventory!

...  Dude, alpha footage.  Know ye not what this means?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites