Korea

• 32 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <12-22-11/0939:13> »
I heard the space combat is like StarFox 64 Drek tho
"Do a barrel roll, Fox!"  "So help me Slippy, you better pray I never get ahold of you!!!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #16 on: <12-22-11/1045:50> »
Yeah it's pretty much a StarFox arcade minigame with limited customization and upgrades. I don't play this part very often. But really you play SWToR for this part of the game. The main RPG part is pretty cool tho and the story arcs are nice. Far from the best MMO I've played but the experience is enjoyable. I really like that I never really feel like I'm grinding my character to get to the next zone, I just do my storyline quests and all the others I can pick up on the road and it just goes up pretty smoothly.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <12-22-11/1138:42> »
They could have had the decency to make a graphically updated X-wing Vs Tie Fighter style game....but nooooooo
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-11/1359:46> »
Or actually finishing X-Wing:  Alliance and putting it out with a modern engine.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <12-23-11/1138:20> »
hell, only games that do that these days are Bioware games
I know.   :'(

on the Other Hand. Bioware games tend to be gems, so it kinda balances out

Even their new MMO is story intensive. Every quest is a ME style conversation.

"I say, (Playername), that Chiss looks angry with you."
Option 1: I killed his mother. (Dark Side)
Option 2: Yeah, his mother was killed by a stray blaster bolt when the Imperials came after me. I tried to make amends but he didn't want my credits, so I built him a house. (Light Side)
Option 3: 'Course he is, I had sex with his mother last night.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #20 on: <12-30-11/0101:25> »
"Do a barrel roll, Fox!"  "So help me Slippy, you better pray I never get ahold of you!!!"
Game Tip seen on one of the MMO loading screens:

"Press Space to do a barrel roll"

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <12-30-11/1011:54> »
Game Tip seen on one of the MMO loading screens:

"Press Space to do a barrel roll"

-k
Saints Row The Third had a character say "Let's do a spin, that's always a good trick." when first encountering combat in the thing that looked like "A Helicopter that f***ed a Jet Fighter".

I almost kicked my X-Brick.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #22 on: <12-30-11/1913:34> »
I will forever be unnerved by N. Korea until the day I find out they aren't murdering half chinese babies of escaping defectors.
« Last Edit: <12-30-11/1921:03> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #23 on: <12-30-11/2121:44> »
Got my fingers crossed... hopefully he'll be much more easily swayed by the lure of the Dark Side... *ahem* I mean capitalistic decadence... *AHEM*... sorry, I mean by the light of reason and open dialogue... than his father.  ;)
Y'know, even if we do some pretty rotten things over here in the US, I don't think that compared to North Korea we can really be called the Dark Side.

Unless there's a practice in our government of very literal baby killing that I'm not aware of. And I'm not talking abortions here (there are those too of course) I'm talking the baby is already out of the womb and get stabbed with surgical scissors or suffocated in a plastic bag.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #24 on: <12-30-11/2220:19> »
Got my fingers crossed... hopefully he'll be much more easily swayed by the lure of the Dark Side... *ahem* I mean capitalistic decadence... *AHEM*... sorry, I mean by the light of reason and open dialogue... than his father.  ;)
Y'know, even if we do some pretty rotten things over here in the US, I don't think that compared to North Korea we can really be called the Dark Side.

Unless there's a practice in our government of very literal baby killing that I'm not aware of. And I'm not talking abortions here (there are those too of course) I'm talking the baby is already out of the womb and get stabbed with surgical scissors or suffocated in a plastic bag.

I know. That's why it's a joke. ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #25 on: <01-04-12/1800:27> »
Keeping to facts and not politics.

Seems unlikely we'll be hearing much from N. Korea until they get things back inline with the new leader. BBC reported that the powers that be there said 'don't expect any changes'. Time will tell though.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <01-04-12/1830:02> »
Depends on how much crazy is in the family tree, or was just in the old man's history.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #27 on: <01-04-12/1909:33> »
Perhaps. Though I'm not sure how to read the new leader. He was educated in Europe, but that doesn't mean he is educated. His few public appearances have shown him to have an air of being distant. Doesn't really matter, his uncle and the military will be in control while he is groomed for the position.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #28 on: <01-12-12/1514:56> »
How crazy is his uncle?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #29 on: <01-17-12/0356:08> »
hell, only games that do that these days are Bioware games
That may explain why the only games I've purchased recently are Bioware games, with the exception of Civilization V

Since we're completely off-topic already, and on the off-off thread anyway:

Did it suck as much to you as it did to me?
I played it for a week, waited 2 months for some patches, tried it again for a couple of days, then gave up and went back to Civ IV.
Has it been fixed yet? I just don't have the courage to try it again... the disappointment is just too much :(