NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Elena

• 103 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <10-16-16/1112:24> »
Elena is a bit surprised at the message.  >>I am sorry if I have the wrong person, but I was told that a man from your house dropped a card off at the local bar  that said that you could help people that needed it.  And I need help.<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-16-16/1949:44> »
I see.  Well then.  I suppose you had best drop by then.  Can you be here about 1400?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <10-16-16/2358:43> »
>>1400 is doable.  And............thanks.<<

Elena remains in the 'Shack for the intervening couple of hours, nursing her caf and going over what she had picked up earlier.  She concentrates on looking for anything common between the two missing girls.  When the time approaches for her to leave for the house, she goes to the counter and purchases an envelope large enough to put the PDA and any written papers into, including some notes she has made.  She buys a card and writes a note to Kat:  >>Hey there.  I have included all I have found out about the missing girls.  I know that both were seen entering a house at the address below and that a man has been passing out a few cards in the local bars advertising some sort of service to help people that are down and out.  Mu contact remembers the girls going in the house but is not sure if they came out.  I have contacted the man and have an appointment there at 1400 today.  I am sending you this in case I do not come out of the house.  At least you will have an idea of where to have Gunderson look next.  Give me a couple of days or so to make contact before you call him.<<

Elena pays to have the envelope delivered to Kat at the Union then leaves the 'Shack for her appointment, arriving a bit before 1400.  She looks about nervously and rings the bell a bit tentatively.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-17-16/0059:56> »
14:00 rolls around and you are pressing the buzzer at the gate again.  This time it clicks and swings open at your touch.   An Elderly gentlemen in tails open the door for you and asks you to follow him.  He takes you into a sitting room and indicates that you should sit.  Ms Locke will be down shortly.  Would you care for a cocktail or some other refreshment?  I am told I make an excellent martini and Ms Locke seems very fond of my cape cods.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <10-17-16/0115:18> »
Elena follows the man into the sitting room and takes the seat offered, holding her small bag close to her on her lap and keeping her legs together and feet planted on the floor.  She looks at the man when he offers a drink and opens her mouth as if to accept then closes it, shaking her head and saying nothing.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <10-17-16/2202:45> »
Tea?  Perhaps a bite to eat?  Your stomach growls betraying your hunger.  The old man blows out bone white impeccably trimmed handlebar mustache.

Ms. Locke was about to take tea.  I will bring some refreshment.  He disappears down the hall where you can hear the faint sound of dishes clattering.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <10-17-16/2326:28> »
Elena nods at the offer of tea and gives him thanks in a soft voice then asks, "Do they really help people here?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <10-18-16/2231:55> »
The old man smiles warmly at you.  Some, yes.  After a few minutes of the dishes clattering he wheels a small cart filled with cucumber sandwiches, cashews and macaroons.  He pours you teach  Sugar?  Ms. Locke likes her tea bitter.  So perhaps a little milk?

Help yourself, the Mistress is vexingly tardy.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <10-19-16/0100:59> »
Elena nods at the offer of milk in the tea and eyes the food hungrily.  She is not really sure what a cucumber sandwich is, but takes one to eat anyway.  The tea is indeed a bit bitter, even with the milk and she shudders to think what it tastes like without it.  With her mouth still partly chewing, she reaches for a macaroon.  "What do you mean by some?  What would I need to do to be helped?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <10-19-16/2219:43> »
Some people choose not to accept her help, but I should let her explain.  Here she comes now. 

A young woman glides down the stairs in a stylish yet conservative dress.  Her hair is done up like a 1920's moll and she's smoking a cigarette in a long holder.  She joins you with a smile sits and crosses her legs.  She taps the ash off the tip of the cigarette, takes a cup of tea and says, I understand you need some help.  Please do tell me your story and I will see what can be done.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <10-20-16/1004:02> »
Elena has a well-founded belief that as much truth as possible is a good thing when telling a lie.  "My name is Elena.  I came here from Russia a few years ago, hoping for a better life.  Not much for skills so I work as a stripper and prostitute, which is not much better than family members using me, but it does pay enough to live here.  I would like to have a better life than this."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <10-21-16/1205:08> »
Surely there is more to it than that.  How did you come to be in possession of the tract you mentioned?  the one that brought you here.  Do you have it?  She says smiling and sipping at her tea.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <10-22-16/1148:03> »
Elena frowns at the use of the word tract.  "Oh, you mean the card?  No, I do not have it.  I was in a bar a short distance from here, asking about jobs.  The waitress told me that a man had come from this house and left a card about helping people.  She went to find it, but it was gone.  However, she did remember most of what it said and told me.  I was interested and came to see if the man could help me.  I did not expect you, so are you working with him?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <11-11-16/2141:52> »
Locke appears pensive for a moment but her expression clears quickly.  Those cards are invite only I'm afraid it should never have been "dropped off" and I find it hard to believe that one of the select would simply forget something quite so important.  We are unable to help everyone you see and this group is rather secretive.  Jealousy can be a powerful foe here and we must be ever vigilant.  We can feed you and give you some money but I would advise you not to mention what you've heard of here.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <11-12-16/1449:02> »
Elena puts a far from fake concerned look on her face.  "Look, you can ask the waitress at the bar.  She will tell you exactly what I told you.  A couple of friends of mine disappeared from work and I was thinking that they had finally got their break and went off with some rich guy, but I was worried a bit and asked a couple of questions.  The waitress said that she had seen them but could not remember when, then told me about the card when I said I was looking for a better job than what I have.  Maybe I was not the original intended recipient, but I did get it and maybe it was meant for me.  I am willing to do anything it takes to better myself and get out of here and away from this life.  At least give me a chance.....please?"