NEWS

Weapon Mods and Melee weapons

• 19 Replies

忍

« on: <01-30-16/0004:02> »
There's a slew of modifications for guns. Perhaps melee weapons could use a few of them? Examples include, but are not limited to, Personalized grip, Custom grip, and maybe even chameleon coating.

Is there any ruling on whether or not weapon modifications can be applied to melee weapons?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-30-16/0017:47> »
Personalized grip is confirmed for any weapon.

Melee electrical weapons can be modified for Physical damage.

Theres kind of talk about holster/sheath overlap... but nothing exact or official.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Soahl

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-30-16/0241:43> »
I do wish melee weapons had more modifications, but I always fail to come up with suggestions when put to it.

Although I still really want to put a Laser Sight on my Katana.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #3 on: <01-30-16/0340:20> »
There's a slew of modifications for guns. Perhaps melee weapons could use a few of them? Examples include, but are not limited to, Personalized grip, Custom grip, and maybe even chameleon coating.

Is there any ruling on whether or not weapon modifications can be applied to melee weapons?

Those are the 3 big ones. Maybe weapon personality and weapon comlink. Yeah, wish there were more as well.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Adamo1618

« Reply #4 on: <01-30-16/0532:37> »
My group houseruled mods such as Vibro (from Sail Away, Sweet Sister), monoedge and Masterwork. They add a lot of flavor.

Edit: Vibro is only available for bladed weapons, a vibro sap would cross into age-restricted territory.
« Last Edit: <01-30-16/0540:05> by Adamo1618 »

&#24525;

« Reply #5 on: <01-30-16/1832:00> »
Here's a few ideas:

Serrated edge (could be more AP or damage)
Poison channel/groove
Cleft tip
Ceramic/plasteel (yes this already exists)
Small compartment (kind of a thing already)
Live wire (to add/shift to electrical damage)
Concealed Sheath
Basket hilt/ Wide guard (bonus for full defense maybe)
No guard/Quick draw (easier quick draw + lower full defense)
Deceptive Sheath (Think umbrella or cane that hides a stun baton or sword)
Gecko Grip for no disarms??
Antenna for noise reduction

I feel like melee weapons could (and should) get some love.

Are there any mods from other sources like Sail Away?

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-01-16/0314:22> »
The 2050 book reintroduced Dikote coating as an option.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-01-16/0502:23> »
The 2050 book reintroduced Dikote coating as an option.

The Black Books are 4A
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-01-16/0509:14> »
Not if you have the German version. It contains sweet, sweet 2050 rules for SR 5e
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

&#24525;

« Reply #9 on: <02-01-16/1137:47> »
Ooooo... Haben Sie einen Link?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-01-16/1340:13> »
Only Hardcover as far as I know. But I am away from my books at the moment. Come the weekend I'll take a look for you on the rules - or some other fellow countryman of mine will do so  ;D
talk think matrix

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #11 on: <02-01-16/2211:13> »
Oh sweet Jesus please, these will be helpful.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-06-16/1332:29> »
Just for your information, I posted the info on Dikote at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23315.msg432377#msg432377

talk think matrix

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #13 on: <02-06-16/1934:33> »
Sadly, that is some of the dumbest rules I have seen to date. Mostly do to the fact that 500 cm2 might work for some katanas, but there size varies slightly, between 63-70cm blade length, not counting thickness nor width variation. And the armor jacket sizes might work for average human or elf, but what of orcs or max strength humans? My point, is that it is excess math that is not needed. But, that is my opinion, I know this. Thanks for translating it.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <02-07-16/0247:34> »
Sadly, that is some of the dumbest rules I have seen to date. Mostly do to the fact that 500 cm2 might work for some katanas, but there size varies slightly, between 63-70cm blade length, not counting thickness nor width variation. And the armor jacket sizes might work for average human or elf, but what of orcs or max strength humans? My point, is that it is excess math that is not needed. But, that is my opinion, I know this. Thanks for translating it.
I got confused here! First I thought you were saying the process wasn't precise enough, you want additional rules that account for all the sizes of a pretty well defined weapon and also to account fir everyones strength score, then you say that it has excess math?  I think the rules look fine, no need to get crazy with details, it's just a game.