NEWS

The current situation with Dragons

• 275 Replies

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #270 on: <07-03-12/1443:51> »
I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, the Hestaby/Lofwyr split could be just the next move in a long con on AZT, but there's the fact that Hestaby and Lofwyr don't get along, and what she is doing IS a big break from tradition. One of several in her time as Loremaster. But dragons do not tend to act so openly against eachother.
*BLINKS* Waitwaitwaitwait....I thought Lofwyr was the Loremaster? When did Hestaby become the Loremaster and
how the heck did she win it away from Lofwyr without killing him?
Survival of the Fittest. Ghostwalker came back and made everyone compete for the title. IIRC, the 'canon' ending was that Hestaby won, though the outcame came down to the runners making a choice on whether to betray Hestaby, or give in to Lofwyr's threat to make their lives hell if they didn't choose him.

Actually, no.
Survival of the Fittest, page 120
If the shadowrunners present the Jewel to Hestaby, read the following:
Hestaby takes the glowing crimson gemstone into one clawed paw, lifting it for the assembled dragons to see.
"Behold," she says. "The essence of the the Jewel of Memory, the lore and knowledge of dragonkind made manifest. It lies in my grasp and is now mine by right, according to our ways."
There is a long moment of silence, as the gathered dragons seem to be discussing matters among themselves. Then, one by one they begin to bow their heads toward Hestaby. Lofwyr is soon the last dragon standing at his full height and he too slowly lowers his head toward Hestaby.
Then she moves forward toward Lofwr, the glowing jewel held in her claws, and places it gently on the ground in front of him. Lofwyr lifts his head slighlt and the other dragons glance at each other. Clearly this is unexpected. Even Lofwyr seems taken aback for a moment, thought his inhuman features are difficult to read.
"You have been a good caretaker of this, Gold-Master," Hestaby says. "More importantly, Far Scholar intended you to have it. So I return it to you. Guard it well."
Lofwyr says nothing, but scoops up the jewel from the grounds and holds it. Hestaby turns to the assembled dragons.
"This contest is done, but I will not claim the title of Loremaster. As  have maintained from the beginning, it is time for us fo change our ways. Far Scholar showed up a beginning, a new path to follow where we exist in cooperation with the Young Races and take our places in this new Age that has grown up around us. I embrace that nex path, and I encourage you to do likewise. We can all of us be Loremasters and share our insight with others, learning from them in turn. As such, I declare that the dispersal of Far Scholar's hoard shall stand as he intended it. We will respect and honor his memory, and I hope that we will not forget his vision for as well."
Dragons of the Sixth World, page 192
As detailed in the campaign Survival of the Fittest, Hestaby recently earned her place at the top of the great dragon hierarchy, besting even Lofwyr and Ghostwalker in a massive ritual challenge. Though she declined to take the role of Loremaster, leaving that in Lofwyr's claws, she is using her victory to direct dragonkind down a new path-a patch originally blazed by Dunkelzahn.
« Last Edit: <07-03-12/1447:35> by Nath »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #271 on: <07-03-12/1453:21> »
And anybody who thinks they've heard the last of that one is fooling themselves....
Hence my reluctance to believe that this is a long con between Hestaby and Lofwyr.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #272 on: <07-03-12/1512:44> »
...The timing of the shot that killed the head of the Shasta shamans was too precise...and the
evidence pointing to Lofwyr just too...obvious...

Well...you`ve  sen the body???

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #273 on: <07-03-12/1728:46> »
And anybody who thinks they've heard the last of that one is fooling themselves....
Hence my reluctance to believe that this is a long con between Hestaby and Lofwyr.

Could be a mating ritual.

Meanwhile, Sirrug is up in Roswell, New Mexico (The very edge of Aztlan), up to some kind of Draco-Terrorism. Sounds like a party, neh? :)

(Patrick will show up soon, leading a party of Texas Rangers across the border to 'take out the trash'.)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #274 on: <07-03-12/1810:00> »
Quote from: Survival of the Fittest, 125
"Then do you propose a mating?" Lofwyr asked.

Now it was Hestaby's turn to be taken aback. That hadn't been what she'd had in mind at alL She and Lofwyr were both supposed to be well past their mating years.

''Perhaps,·· she said, curious to keep the line of discussion open. "I had something more like ... friendship in mind, or at least cooperation."

I should mention that Damage Control follows up on Hestaby's antics in Dubai.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #275 on: <07-04-12/0101:54> »
And Jet Set has some more of Lofwyr taking stabs at Hestaby.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters