NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #900 on: <01-08-15/1822:57> »
Oh, forgot about the regent stuff, never mind I'll buy some next time I have access to civilization.
For summoning I'd go with a slightly stronger spirit, as I went for force 3 to be able to bind the darn thing. ;)  Can I role a force 4-5 spirit for summoning?

Instead of invisibility, lets have the spirit use its concealment power. It is similar in function to invisibility and should be able to effect all 3 drones. (up to force targets).  Thanks for keeping up with it, as one of the goals is to actually learn how to play. This is the first time I try to bind a spirit for example.

Would a more precise order will be, "follow the drones to battle and goodluck?"  I have no problem that specific instructions will be services, but I kind of wanted him to go and kick ass with the drones. It also doesn't matter how many services I have because, technically if I send him more than 400 meters away from me, he is free after combat. As it is a remote service and he is not bounded now.

adamu

« Reply #901 on: <01-08-15/1831:53> »
Oh, how far away do you want your hill that you are on to be? I am cool with whatever, but your spirits won't go beyond 700 meters without going remote service, so you'll probably want to be in that range.

My next big concern will be what "state" you are in from moment to moment, which of your minions you can perceive/communicate with at any given moment, and how well you can control them given limited numbers of actions.

Whatever state you are in, you will have your telepathic link to your spirits (though it is not visual, just informational).

Based on your IC, am I correct that you are staying out of VR/hot-sim, and instead doing all your hacking via AR? And simply issuing commands to drones rather than directly rigging (jumping into) them?
If not, do correct me.

If so, then I just need to know the exact wording of whatever commands you gave the three rotodrones, as they will all be on autopilot - basically under my command based on your orders until you change commands or directly control them. (Pretty much the same with the spirits, unless you change their orders).

Once we are agreed on all this, I think we will be close to where you can really "loose hell" on the bad guys.

Until you make contact with them, you can pretty much make all the actions you want.
Once any of your elements are in contact with them, we will have to get strict on how many actions you have for controlling/doing things.

Finally, seems that with all the dogs on the loose, you yourself are going to do some hacking. Any icons in particular you are looking for? Note that the T-bird is offline…any parameters to sift the friendlies from the unfriendlies? note that sustaining three invis spells, you are actually -6 on everything…the direct hacking may be stretching things a bit too far, but it's your call - and I suppose in AR you have only hardware at risk (maybe get yourself some agent program dogs!).

So, to recap, I think I need:
1) Two more invis spells.
2) Exact command(s) for rotodrones.
3) A physical initiative roll for yourself for use once you make contact
4) Initiatives for all dogs in combat
5) A lot more info for me on what you are trying to do with the hacking.
6) Distance of hill you are on.

Once we have that, we will be close to me being able to do an IC (shall we just have the drones and Bad Dog tear into the attacking bad guys!!!??!!??).

adamu

« Reply #902 on: <01-08-15/1836:02> »
Oh, forgot about the regent stuff, never mind I'll buy some next time I have access to civilization.
For summoning I'd go with a slightly stronger spirit, as I went for force 3 to be able to bind the darn thing. ;)  Can I role a force 4-5 spirit for summoning?

Instead of invisibility, lets have the spirit use its concealment power. It is similar in function to invisibility and should be able to effect all 3 drones. (up to force targets).  Thanks for keeping up with it, as one of the goals is to actually learn how to play. This is the first time I try to bind a spirit for example.

Would a more precise order will be, "follow the drones to battle and goodluck?"  I have no problem that specific instructions will be services, but I kind of wanted him to go and kick ass with the drones. It also doesn't matter how many services I have because, technically if I send him more than 400 meters away from me, he is free after combat. As it is a remote service and he is not bounded now.

Okay - see you answered some things while I was typing!

No problem on re-rolling the spirits (hope you can keep up your great luck!).
Decide exact force, roll, and post!

Check on dropping the invisibility in favor of the concealment, but you'll need to use up a service just to have one of the spirits use that power.

The new command sounds better - he'll fight in support of the drones with that (and you can adjust their combat commands as often as you spend an action to do so). So, dropping that first OOC command to the two spirits?

I see you are going with 400 meters for spirit range. I factored your power focus into your magic rating to come up with the 700 meters.

So cool on all these points.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #903 on: <01-08-15/1850:48> »
Oh, how far away do you want your hill that you are on to be? I am cool with whatever, but your spirits won't go beyond 700 meters without going remote service, so you'll probably want to be in that range.

My next big concern will be what "state" you are in from moment to moment, which of your minions you can perceive/communicate with at any given moment, and how well you can control them given limited numbers of actions.

Whatever state you are in, you will have your telepathic link to your spirits (though it is not visual, just informational).

Based on your IC, am I correct that you are staying out of VR/hot-sim, and instead doing all your hacking via AR? And simply issuing commands to drones rather than directly rigging (jumping into) them?
If not, do correct me.

If so, then I just need to know the exact wording of whatever commands you gave the three rotodrones, as they will all be on autopilot - basically under my command based on your orders until you change commands or directly control them. (Pretty much the same with the spirits, unless you change their orders).

Once we are agreed on all this, I think we will be close to where you can really "loose hell" on the bad guys.

Until you make contact with them, you can pretty much make all the actions you want.
Once any of your elements are in contact with them, we will have to get strict on how many actions you have for controlling/doing things.

Finally, seems that with all the dogs on the loose, you yourself are going to do some hacking. Any icons in particular you are looking for? Note that the T-bird is offline…any parameters to sift the friendlies from the unfriendlies? note that sustaining three invis spells, you are actually -6 on everything…the direct hacking may be stretching things a bit too far, but it's your call - and I suppose in AR you have only hardware at risk (maybe get yourself some agent program dogs!).

So, to recap, I think I need:
1) Two more invis spells.
2) Exact command(s) for rotodrones.
3) A physical initiative roll for yourself for use once you make contact
4) Initiatives for all dogs in combat
5) A lot more info for me on what you are trying to do with the hacking.
6) Distance of hill you are on.

Once we have that, we will be close to me being able to do an IC (shall we just have the drones and Bad Dog tear into the attacking bad guys!!!??!!??).
1. lets do the concealment power + 1 invisibility spell as there is no way I can sustain 3 invisibility spells. it was a fun idea, but 3 drones is too much. Lets just make the 'rigger choice drone' invisible.

2. I send them in autopilot with an order of self defense to where I think the combat is, if I actually see and understand whom to shot then I just tell them to shot that guys and then self defense as default. I can issue this command with a simple action as long as it is the same command to all the drones.

3.  no problem: 4  1  6  1  + 9 = 21

4.  let me try and see what drone initiative is: pilot *2 + 4d6:
Drone 1: (rigger drone): 6  2  1  5  +6 = 20
Drone 2: (regular):  3  5  4  4   + 6 = 22
Drone 3: (regular): 6  4  5  5   +6 = 26

5. I tried to do a matrix scan, so I get a feeling about what wireless technological devices are connected in the nearby area. I am not convinced hacking is the way to go, but it seems like a smart move. Same way as a wizard would astral project to see whats going on before rushing in. Especially since I am not an 'action hero' rambo style character.

6. Possible target is that plane (UAV was that) so that I can have eyes in there.

7. distance: lets say 400 meter, far enough for relative safety and close enough to rush in with the car. If things get dirty.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #904 on: <01-08-15/1855:54> »
Spirit summon @ home force 5 spirit of man.
Me: 10 dice:
6  3  1  5  3  3  4  5  4  2  - 3 hits

Spriti: 5 dice:
3  3  3  2  5   - 1 hit

Drain 2DV: 2  6  3  5  5  1  1  6  6  5  - 6 hits no drain... (where was that luck when I wanted to summon lol ;) )

So I get two services, first one concealment on me + 4 drones. (also the little one). it gives -5 dice to anyone trying to locate us. I

Second one, follow the drones and fight on our side in combat. (he is an intelligent creature, I think I can give him a general order and he is smart enough to understand without getting into specifics).

Now I have no more spirit services, so I feel a bit more exposed but oh well... can't win them all;)
« Last Edit: <01-08-15/1857:35> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #905 on: <01-08-15/1911:51> »
Spirit summon @ home force 5 spirit of man.
Me: 10 dice:
6  3  1  5  3  3  4  5  4  2  - 3 hits

Spriti: 5 dice:
3  3  3  2  5   - 1 hit

Drain 2DV: 2  6  3  5  5  1  1  6  6  5  - 6 hits no drain... (where was that luck when I wanted to summon lol ;) )

So I get two services, first one concealment on me + 4 drones. (also the little one). it gives -5 dice to anyone trying to locate us. I

Second one, follow the drones and fight on our side in combat. (he is an intelligent creature, I think I can give him a general order and he is smart enough to understand without getting into specifics).

Now I have no more spirit services, so I feel a bit more exposed but oh well... can't win them all;)

Okay so no more Good Dog and Bad Dog, just one Big Dog?
(no more bodyguard spirit, or is that one still there and you are just keeping him at F3?)

Otherwise all good.

adamu

« Reply #906 on: <01-08-15/1919:16> »

1. lets do the concealment power + 1 invisibility spell as there is no way I can sustain 3 invisibility spells. it was a fun idea, but 3 drones is too much. Lets just make the 'rigger choice drone' invisible.

2. I send them in autopilot with an order of self defense to where I think the combat is, if I actually see and understand whom to shot then I just tell them to shot that guys and then self defense as default. I can issue this command with a simple action as long as it is the same command to all the drones.

3.  no problem: 4  1  6  1  + 9 = 21

4.  let me try and see what drone initiative is: pilot *2 + 4d6:
Drone 1: (rigger drone): 6  2  1  5  +6 = 20
Drone 2: (regular):  3  5  4  4   + 6 = 22
Drone 3: (regular): 6  4  5  5   +6 = 26

5. I tried to do a matrix scan, so I get a feeling about what wireless technological devices are connected in the nearby area. I am not convinced hacking is the way to go, but it seems like a smart move. Same way as a wizard would astral project to see whats going on before rushing in. Especially since I am not an 'action hero' rambo style character.

6. Possible target is that plane (UAV was that) so that I can have eyes in there.

7. distance: lets say 400 meter, far enough for relative safety and close enough to rush in with the car. If things get dirty.

Okay, mostly great stuff.

No problem with the drone commands, but with all that concealment, if they are just waiting to be shot at, they may wait a while, as if they don't do something hostile it is quite possible no one will know they are there.

Check on just the one invis - so you do have one point of stun from casting that.

As for targeting the aircraft, that is the "LAV" I referred to, and it has already gone dark (offline) after being hammered by the team's original hacker. So looking at that thing in AR, you see no icons at all.

There are lots and lots and lots of icons around the train, and it has its own host as well. But for now, it is just lots and lots of stuff. If you want to make another test looking for something in particular….

I have to hit the sack now.

Tomorrow, if there is nothing further from you, I could do an IC of what you see in AR and/or what your drones' sensor feeds show you…what would best help you to decide your next actions?

Back tomorrow night!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #907 on: <01-08-15/1921:50> »
No, just me and the little drone. I also added clear sight software to the RCC. (that means no noise reduction but oh well, if it is noisy I'll just move the car closer to the action. As now I need the drone to actually spot people that arrive and I cannot trust the spirit to see them from the astral. He's armed with a flash bang gernade so I am not totally defenseless.

I edited the IC post accordingly, just Bad Dog  no good dog ;) Big dog is also a cool name... will name my next powerful drone/spirit like that.
He's special power is ball lighting by the way. (I noticed that spirits of man are not that bright with combat, so I might as well give him something he can actually fight with.)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #908 on: <01-08-15/1928:59> »
I kind of hope nothing sees the drones- but they approach the combat zone so they will see people fighting. Once I understand whom to shoot I'll give them a new order. As for the spirit, I assume that being smarter than most humans, I should be able to give him an abstract order like fight anything that is hostile to us. I do not think he requires micro management like the drones may require.

I always have the option to help the drones with jumping in, but it is risky operation as I take half the damage they do.  (this is why jumping in the invisible drone is the sensible thing to do if they need extra firepower.)  My character is not agile enough to use AR control on the drones, that I feel is a better idea theoretically, so the options for this char is either all in jump in, or auto pilot.

Goodnight I'll hit the sack too.

update: I now read a little bit: p 234 in core rules, I can attempt to discover the UAV in matrix space:
I role:
Opposed Computer + Intuition[Data Processing] v. Logic + Sleaze Test
computer + intuition is 10 dice -2 from sustaining a spell. (rolled 8 got 2 successes). 
For deck configuration: lets go with:

Data processing: 3 (just 8 dice lets not get ahead of ourselves)
Attack 2:  (do not plan to use)
Sleaze: 4 (for hacking) 
Firewall: 5 + 1 =6 from encryption. (can change later if hacking becomes an option). Right now I like the fact that the deck is relatively protected.

Programs:  for now lets go with the: Encryption: program that adds 1 to firewall.

Just in case. Anyhow, if I do manage to discover the UAV's icon, I'll go for hacking. Otherwise its either sticking to drone piloting, or finding a spot to sling spells. I have a car so I should be quite maneuverable.   
« Last Edit: <01-09-15/0437:08> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #909 on: <01-09-15/1633:48> »
@gilga - okay pal, I think we are through all the rules stuff - I am fine with your latest round of OOC statements, thank you for your patience, and commend your ambition!

You are free now to act IC and/or OOC.

As before, until you make contact with the opposition, I don't care how many actions you take. Once contact is made I'll be using the initiative rolls you've made to measure your allowable actions against theirs.

Let me know if you have any questions, and rock onward.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #910 on: <01-09-15/1833:04> »
Okay about the number of actions, I think hacking will not help me in this combat, with the divided attention to the drones, and the fact that I cannot hack if I cannot see the icon.
(the 19 hacking dice will not do me any good).

Autopilot from inside a trunk of a car... he is quite a character... It is funny not to play an action hero ;)

adamu

« Reply #911 on: <01-09-15/2159:58> »
@Big Guns - don't worry about the karma - wouldn't do that to you - I think it will amuse Aria sufficiently to know that your character owes a favor to a big fire spirit.

The tricky thing here is going to be staying on the thing while she gets you in (I am sooo thinking Die Hard 4 here).

Please make an 'Agility test….

@gilga - going to throw up an IC post for you too - it take place right after yours, so before your drones have had a chance to carry out your orders yet.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #912 on: <01-09-15/2217:08> »
@Big Guns - don't worry about the karma - wouldn't do that to you - I think it will amuse Aria sufficiently to know that your character owes a favor to a big fire spirit.

It's not doing anything to me. I just know that spirits like Karma, and figure that gifting it 5 Karma would be a good way to keep it happy. :)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #913 on: <01-10-15/1624:49> »
BigGuns  - okay, you're in!

Now I still need an Agility test.
0 hits, you will crash into the rear of the cabin and need to also roll a damage resist.
1 hit, you will avoid being tossed about and hurt, but be holding on for dear life (-4 to all actions, movement limited to 25% of Walk)
2 hits, you pretty much keep control of your body and have a good grip (-1 on all actions, one hand occupied)

Past the Agility test, you are still free to take an action...

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #914 on: <01-10-15/2033:29> »
BigGuns  - okay, you're in!

Now I still need an Agility test.
0 hits, you will crash into the rear of the cabin and need to also roll a damage resist.
1 hit, you will avoid being tossed about and hurt, but be holding on for dear life (-4 to all actions, movement limited to 25% of Walk)
2 hits, you pretty much keep control of your body and have a good grip (-1 on all actions, one hand occupied)

Past the Agility test, you are still free to take an action...

Just Agility or Agility + Reaction to account for reaction times and whatnot?

Edit- Nevermind. I've still got a couple points of Edge left to use on that, so I'll just roll the Agility by itself to be safe.

Agility 6 + Edge 5 = 10 dice

Rolls [3, 1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 4, 2, 5, 1, 4]
Rerolls [6, 6] [4, 3]

Hits: 5 hits total

Should leave me with 1 Edge remaining (out of my 5) assuming I remember right. I might have just used my last one. Then again, I also don't know if we've hit any sort of refresh point or not.
« Last Edit: <01-10-15/2041:23> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen