NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #945 on: <01-18-15/0317:58> »
@Tec: In case it wasn't obvious, thanks for doing all of this work.  It ain't easy being green(or a GM), and as a player I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.  I'd buy you a beer or 3 if I could.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #946 on: <01-18-15/0408:44> »
@Tec: In case it wasn't obvious, thanks for doing all of this work.  It ain't easy being green(or a GM), and as a player I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.  I'd buy you a beer or 3 if I could.

seconded
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #947 on: <01-19-15/0303:46> »
I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I have a report due on Wednesday so I'm going to be less active the next few days. We'll be starting CT1 IP2 after Ace makes his rolls. The enemy decker and agent will be first, then Doc and his Agent.

@Everyone, please feel free to post ICly about your last actions and the crash.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #948 on: <01-19-15/0807:02> »

Well said, Zwei.  I think we're all in agreement on this one.  Thanks, Tec.

Ok, rolls.

Crash Soak: Prep(4)+Bod(5)+Cyberlimb Armor(4): 13d6t5 7
1P.  I'll save the edge.

Hold onto Weapon: 13d6t5 1
I am going to edge this on the chance that Ace's expensive toy would get damaged.  Re-rolling failures

RE-roll failures: 12d6t5 6
Wow 50% success rate.

Does Ace stand?: 11d6t5 1
Does Ace stand?  Nope.

Composure: 7d6t5 3
-1 mod for 1 turn.  I can live with that.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #949 on: <01-19-15/1310:56> »
1P.  I'll save the edge.

What is Prep(4)? Is that for Combat Sense? This is a soak roll, not a dodge/defense roll, so unfortunately Combat Sense would not apply. (Also, the spell technically hasn't gone off yet since the preparation won't trigger until the same impact that Ace is soaking breaks the preparation.)

If that's what it was, please roll 4 dice and subtract the hits from Ace's total. If it's for something else that I've forgotten, please let me know.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #950 on: <01-19-15/1323:16> »
@Tec: would Doc have any idea about the crash?  I don't think anyone is letting him use their goggles/earbuds anymore, but if someone is lemme know! :)

If aware, he'd use an edge to jump to the front of the line.  The last thing the team needs right now is the decker getting the upper hand on us.

Doc's limp form tumbles out of the couch on the left and somehow lands comfortably against the back of the dinette booth on the right.

hahah :) thanks!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #951 on: <01-19-15/1327:05> »
1P.  I'll save the edge.

What is Prep(4)? Is that for Combat Sense? This is a soak roll, not a dodge/defense roll, so unfortunately Combat Sense would not apply. (Also, the spell technically hasn't gone off yet since the preparation won't trigger until the same impact that Ace is soaking breaks the preparation.)

If that's what it was, please roll 4 dice and subtract the hits from Ace's total. If it's for something else that I've forgotten, please let me know.

Yeah, I thought the prep helped with soak rolls. 

Whoops -4: 4d6t5 2

So, that's 3P all together, and Ace is at a -1 modifier.  Saving my last edge because I have a feeling Ace'll need it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #952 on: <01-19-15/1443:58> »
@Tec: would Doc have any idea about the crash?  I don't think anyone is letting him use their goggles/earbuds anymore, but if someone is lemme know! :)

If aware, he'd use an edge to jump to the front of the line.  The last thing the team needs right now is the decker getting the upper hand on us.

I've been thinking about this. My best guess is that Doc knows that the RV has gone off the road - presumably the road has some sort of Matrix presence due to GridLink, and he can see the RV's icon deviate from it - but not that the RV has crashed or flipped.

I'm going to proceed with the assumption that there's not enough evidence to alarm Doc.

Enemy Decker: Action Hidden. Nothing that Doc or his Agent need to roll against.
Enemy Agent: Erase Mark: 6 hits
@Zweiblumen: Go ahead and roll to defend your Mark. Please also list your configuration again (generally speaking, once per OOC page of posts).

Next
1. Doc + Doc's Agent
2. Ork Samurai (Bulldog passenger seat)
3. Rotodrone + Fire Spirit (materialized) + Wolf (simultaneous)

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #953 on: <01-19-15/1511:18> »
Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

Defending Mark (Will 5 + FW 6 = 11): 11d6t5 3 Mark gone.

Okay, lets see if I can ramp this up some... trying for two marks this time.  Agent getting the last ID, then I'll have it defend the deck.
CT1 IP2:
Agent: Agent's Matrix Perception on hiden icon Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 5 (#6)
Doc:
Complex: Brute Force Mark 2 marks (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 1 - two marks 4 = 13): 13d6t5 4
Free: Tell the Agent to Defend the Deck.

4 hits worked last time, lets hope it works again :)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #954 on: <01-19-15/1617:39> »
While no one else is sharing their eyes and ears with you, you do have some interesting gear of your own that you can use. You have a biomonitor that would track any number of things that might alert you to activity around your body. It probably has a step counter of other movement sensor that would detect that your body is moving, etc. You have cyber eyes, so you could watch your own video feed - presumably leaving your eyes open won't cause any issues (except to freak out observers) since they don't likely need to be kept moist like a regular eye. And you have a subvocal mic that you could listen in on. Noticing that the RV has left the road might be curious enough to you to choose to activate one or more of thee methods.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #955 on: <01-19-15/1711:10> »
Agent: Agent's Matrix Perception on hiden icon Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 5 (#6)[/url]

Silent Device #6 is a Renraku Sensei, rating 3, Firewall 3.

Complex: Brute Force Mark 2 marks (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 1 - two marks 4 = 13): 13d6t5 4

Oops, you fell into a trap. The enemy decker is on Full Matrix Defense, hoping that Doc would get overly aggressive.

Willpower + Firewall + Willpower (Full Matrix Defense) + Modifiers: 7 hits

3 net hits on the defense means 3 boxes of Matrix damage, but chummer here is running Blackout so that means 3 boxes of Stun too. Because the damage is the result of a resisted Attack action, it cannot be soaked or resisted. Doc charges forward head-first, bounces off the enemy's firewall, and sees stars.

You have cyber eyes, so you could watch your own video feed - presumably leaving your eyes open won't cause any issues (except to freak out observers) since they don't likely need to be kept moist like a regular eye. And you have a subvocal mic that you could listen in on. Noticing that the RV has left the road might be curious enough to you to choose to activate one or more of thee methods.

A lot of this is possible but would require a Simple Action (the equivalent of Observe in Detail) to divert your attention from what's going on in VR long enough to make sense of what's happening in the physical world.

Ork Samurai
The ork, seeing his HK 227 do very little, is going to pop a cyberspur and stab Wolf.
Agility + Unarmed: 2 hits
Wolf dodge (-2 constrained -3 fourth defense): 0 hits, and that's why you whittle away the defense pool with multiple attacks, kiddies

Base damage is 14P -2AP - brutal! must be a cyberarm! - staged up to 16P by net hits. Wolf soaked 16 last time - can he do it again?
Wolf soak: 8 hits + 5 auto-hits = 13 net hits
Wolf takes an additional 3P for a total of 4P. Wolf is now at -1 wound modifier, which drops his initiative score by 1. He is no longer tied, so the rotodrone and materialized spirit act first.
All of Wolf's damage has come from this one ork, suggesting that he is a bad motherfragger.

Rotodrone
The rotodrone swings around the front of the RV to shoot Sam through the windshield.
Agility (AGI instead of LOG because the rigger is jumped-in) + Gunnery + Smartlink: 1 hit
Windshield soaking: 3 hits, forgot AP but dropping last two dice wouldn't matter
@Poindexter: Sam has to dodge 1 hit. He's at +4 for Good Cover but -2 Constrained and -3 Composure and -2 for Short Burst, so -3 overall. That still leaves Sam with 6 dice to roll a hit (and not glitch).
If Sam doesn't roll any hits, the base damage is 10P + 1 net hit - 3 Windshield Soak = 8P -2AP

Materialized Fire Spirit
Good news: The spirit isn't attacking anyone!
Bad news: The spirit has been commanded to set the RV on fire, and seems to be enjoying its assignment. All that carpet and wood paneling is beginning to catch fire. There is no smoke modifier yet but there will be if the fire is not suppressed. The smoke modifier will grow one step per Combat Turn, which is not a threat for smoke inhalation but will begin to limit visibility.

Next
Wolf!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #956 on: <01-19-15/1752:07> »
Oops, you fell into a trap. The enemy decker is on Full Matrix Defense, hoping that Doc would get overly aggressive.

Par for the course :)  I'm not so good at this!

Updated char sheet with new wounds.

Do you have my total edge spent?  I think it's 3, but I might be missing something in my notes.  Also, you mentioned the only stat missing now is my CHA, but I've got that, it's my base STR that I'm missing (I've got my cyber arm) unless that was noted somewhere and I missed it :(
« Last Edit: <01-19-15/1755:05> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #957 on: <01-19-15/1817:03> »
Do you have my total edge spent?  I think it's 3, but I might be missing something in my notes.  Also, you mentioned the only stat missing now is my CHA, but I've got that, it's my base STR that I'm missing (I've got my cyber arm) unless that was noted somewhere and I missed it :(

Yes, Doc has spent three Edge:
12/8/14 - Edge refreshes
12/17/14 - Tec rolls Edge for Doc per Zweiblumen's request
1/11/15 - Edge spent to go first
1/17/15 - Edged soak roll from RV crash

And you're right, you do know Doc's Charisma. I had not marked it off on the master sheet. That means that Doc's base Strength is the only attribute value not yet known. Everyone still has at least one unknown skill remaining.

Speaking of knowns and unknowns:
1. When Ohanzee thumps his head, he remembers that he has the spell Clout.
2. When Sam sees the rotodrone shooting at him, he remembers that he can do that too. Sam has Gunnery 3.
3. When Katsina crashes and everything in the RV goes flying everywhere, she remembers that she knows the Physical Barrier preparation.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #958 on: <01-19-15/2058:32> »

Wolf is going to give up his last action this round and go Full Defense. He is now at initiative 1 and has 6 more dice in his defense pool (wish I would have thought of this sooner).
Wolf will attack the mage. The Ork is next on the list though. But hopefully the mage will be a one shot. Here goes:
Attack Mage [Agility 7 + Unarmed 6 - Wounds 1]: 12d6t5 4

Since the mage doesn't get a defense, that is 14P AP -1 he needs to soak.

Wolf is now at initiative -9 and done for the CT.

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #959 on: <01-19-15/2104:40> »

Par for the course :)  I'm not so good at this!

Don't feel bad. So far, nearly every action I've taken in every PbP Ive ever played has been falling into some NPC's trap.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english