NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #540 on: <12-20-14/2228:24> »
Just to make sure we are all on the same page in IC:

Blue team is unaware of the exact content of Sam's conversations with the Johnson, but is aware that some communication took place that was not good

Sam copied and forwarded the entire contents of his commlink to everyone on blue team before we found the house last night, but after we took down the helicopter.

So Ace could have taken part in the teamwork test?

no.

Ok so shared with new blue team not og blue team. Got it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #541 on: <12-21-14/0015:21> »
Blue Team has always been Sam, Chino, Doc, and Ohanzee. Poindexter did the naming:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17834.msg316943;topicseen#msg316943

Ace and Katsina do not know the contents of Sam's comm, nor that there is a code cracking in progress.

I think Mal's summary of the situation is generally correct if you swap the team colors.

I vaguely recall someone going over APB's body. I think Katsina took back the things she had given APB (a light pistol and ammo, which are still available for anyone who wants them). It is entirely reasonable that APB's commlink came along with that. I will say it is available for cracking.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #542 on: <12-21-14/0228:52> »
What's our ammo situation? If anyone wants any non-APDS speak now and Ace is buying.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #543 on: <12-21-14/0231:44> »
What's our ammo situation? If anyone wants any non-APDS speak now and Ace is buying.

What is ammunition? Chino has no guns  :)

Not sure whether that's bad or just not good?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #544 on: <12-21-14/0256:59> »
Fixed team colors in my post. Though I get the feeling that the post itself should probably be vanished.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #545 on: <12-21-14/0452:46> »

What is ammunition? Chino has no guns  :)

Not sure whether that's bad or just not good?

I thought about buying Chino a gun as a just in case, but then I saw that he'd be throwing 3 dice.  Yikes.  Probably safer for everyone if he stays far away from anything with a trigger.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #546 on: <12-21-14/1007:37> »
Get him a gun anyways. The guy he's pointing it at doesn't know how many dice he has.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #547 on: <12-21-14/1148:29> »
I've got a second clip of flachettes for my shotgun, but could use some slugs. One box for me should be good.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #548 on: <12-21-14/1159:18> »
As far as Sams ammo order goes, just grab me whatever ammo you can get for an assault rifle, the armor punchier the better, but he'll take whatever. If you can turn up any minigrenades that do dmg, that would be nice, but whatever.

"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #549 on: <12-21-14/1204:07> »
Get him a gun anyways. The guy he's pointing it at doesn't know how many dice he has.
That's what Ohanzee's gun is for. I mean, he has a few more dice for it, but I can't see him being all that effective with it. Of course, if he does hit, it'll sting some.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <12-21-14/1352:17> »
There's something to be said for holding a gun so that you don't look like someone who doesn't need to be holding a gun, like a mage or a technomancer. Chino can have APB's Beretta 201T (loaded with explosive ammo) if he wants something to wave around. It also has 2 clips of regular ammo to go with it.

The team also pinched 3 clips of stick-n-shock shotgun ammo off the poachers. Doc can have this.

The sporting goods store only has ammunition for shotguns and hunting/sporting rifles. (The Remington and the Ruger, despite being listed as sniper rifles, are sporting rifles.) Only regular rounds and flechette rounds are available. This is a family-friendly shop in a glossy town which caters to fancy pants corpers. Minigrenades are sadly absent.

Because the coded message is sent from Sam's commlink, it is ultimately his decision whether to send anything or not. (Unless Doc hacks it and does it for him.) I will leave some time for the rest of Team Blue to register their approval or objections to his current plan of sending nothing. If Poindexter is feeling like Sam can't be persuaded on the subject then we'll move forward.

Per an earlier post, when Sam muses whether he knows how to fly a plan he realizes that he does not. Everyone has Pilot Aircraft 0.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #551 on: <12-22-14/1048:51> »
So no ammo for Sam at Hamilton?  5.56 is a popular varminting round if that changes anything, but I'm guessing no.  IC coming up.
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/1051:30> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #552 on: <12-22-14/1633:50> »
I have some rolls to make (stealth, astral perception x 2) but I have to go right now, so I'll get to them in about 3 hours.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #553 on: <12-22-14/2131:33> »
Sneaking Astrally [Sneaking 3 + Logic 3 - Wounds 1]: 5d6t5 0
No love on the sneak. I hope Raven is having better luck than I keeping our pursuers at bay.
Assensing our cabin, Sam's residence surroundings, Sam's residence Interior [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 1]: 3#7d6t5 1 3 2
In the order listed in the roll. Decided to look around our physical location before I headed out as part of my astral overwatch.

Let  me know if I can add dice to any of those perception rolls as I am specifically looking for pursuers/scouts, guards/surveillance, and signs of Sam being infected while living here (assuming he was living here), for the rolls in that order, so I might qualify for the "Specifically Looking" bonus on those.
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/2134:52> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #554 on: <12-22-14/2149:34> »
Go ahead and roll +3 for the Astral perception tests, which we will add to those rolls.

You may want to Edge that Sneaking roll.