NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <11-25-14/2140:54> »
Do we need Doc in VR any more?  Standing on my own two feet sounds like a better idea than burdening Sam with me.  I can keep an eye on things via AR.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #136 on: <11-25-14/2142:11> »
Doc took care of all the external motion sensors, correct?  I'll get an IC up as soon as I can grab a few.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <11-25-14/2144:17> »
@Zweiblumen: I don't think we need Doc in VR anymore. AR should be fine.

@8-bit: Ah, yes, specifically looking. I should have been including that in other Perception rolls but mentally I was thinking that it was just being offset by environmental modifiers. That said, I should have remembered that thermographic vision stages Visibility up one row so those people with thermographics (namely, everyone but Doc and Chino) could have benefited from specifically looking. Let's make it more explicit here:

Intuition 3 + Perception 4 + Traveling Overwatch 1 + Specifically Looking 3 - 3 Visibility (snow): 3 hits

Intiution 3 + Asesnsing 2 = OH HOLY GOD FIVE 6s ON FIVE DICE!!!

Odds of this are about 0.0129%, or 1 chance in 7,770 (rounding a bit). 8-bit, I'd give you an award - karma or Edge or something - but I was the one who rolled it. I'll have to think of a way to suitably celebrate.

In the meantime, you see everything. Long story short, no immediate threats. The coast is clear. I'll PM you with additional details later.

Edit: Added color because the bold + underlining + exclamation points weren't sufficient.
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/2146:32> by Tecumseh »

8-bit

« Reply #138 on: <11-25-14/2200:09> »
Wow. I ... just don't have words for that. Five 6s on five dice is like ... unheard of. Boy am I glad you rolled for me  :)

As a side note, really, thanks for rolling for me. Not only did you have awesome luck, but it is really helpful, as rolling dice on a phone is nigh impossible.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <11-25-14/2201:45> »
Is there anyway for me to have the Host invite marks on me and everyone else AFTER I reboot?  Or will I have to have the Host invite marks on everyone but me, and I'll just suffer :P (and do we need marks for everyone on the host?)
I'm guessing thats going to be 5 or 6 spoof commands?  I'm going to jump the gun and roll that (man, I wish that was a logic roll) and use Qualia for the INT as you implied that was right earlier... Also, just discard all of these if I'm completely off base.  I don't want to risk doing this if it's not useful/needed.
6 Spoof Commands Hacking(6)+INT(4)+Qualia(1)+VR(2)-Wounds(1)=12: 6#12d6t5 3 2 3 5 5 6 (limit 7)
Again, using another point of Edge for that 2 as that's scary low.
Edge to re-roll misses (10): 10d6t5 6
Well that makes that 8 hits... waste of a saving roll :(
gives me 3 8(7) 3 5 5 6.  Might catch me on 2 of those, but unlikely on the rest.
And if my math is right, Doc has used up 3 points of edge so far?  (Damn, having a crap load of edge is AWESOME!)
Mostly I hope all of that isn't needed and I can just drop out of VR.  Either that or I it all works perfectly and I'm a rock star :)

Intiution 3 + Asesnsing 2 = OH HOLY GOD FIVE 6s ON FIVE DICE!!!
Also, HOLY CRAP!!!
* Zweiblumen rewards Tecumseh with a beer!
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/2217:41> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <11-25-14/2206:23> »
@8-bit: Luckily your Astral Limit is 6 so at least you can take advantage of all the hits.

@Rednblack: Yes, Doc took care of the motion sensors.

@Zweiblumen: You must be the owner to invite marks. In other circumstances you might be able to spoof a device to invite a mark, but spoofing doesn't work against hosts. Unless you're going to change ownership of the entire host, there's not a good way to invite marks.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #141 on: <11-25-14/2219:06> »
Welp, that answers that! :)

I'll post about coming out of VR into the cold, and once we are inside I'll reboot.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #142 on: <11-25-14/2225:36> »
I was thinking that you could issue commands to the devices that would persist even after your marks disappeared.  I assume that processes in motion remain in motion until commanded otherwise,  regardless of Mark status. Also,  there may be a file on the host that lists allowed guests.  Editing that should allow us free reign of the place as guests of the owner. At least,  that's how I see it working.

ETA : nix the file part,  that's what marks are for. Not sure how we can persist access.
« Last Edit: <11-25-14/2227:08> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #143 on: <11-25-14/2237:50> »
Probably going to have to find some way to disable the motion sensors (without raising alarms, of course) in the physical world and then run silent so that devices don't show up.

It will be impossible to remain truly invisible in this building, but any temporary measures we come up with should buy us time to dispose of the Rover, catch our breath, and get a replacement vehicle.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <11-25-14/2250:31> »
I've already turned off the motions. We'll have free run of the house while we are here. Was just hoping to make things easier going forward if we are going to be here for a few days.

Am I right that Chino can use the comm to drive the van?

8-bit

« Reply #145 on: <11-25-14/2303:07> »
I believe I can, I simply have to get the commlink IC from Katsina. I think Uncle Sam is hoping to find some materials in the garage to help in disposing the vehicle.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <11-26-14/0312:06> »
@Poindexter: Be careful with the sub-vocal communications. Only Chino has earbuds, so technically the rest of the team wouldn't be able to hear Sam.

@Team: Long story short, I'm going to say that Chino is able to pilot the van remotely.

Long version, I'm not 100% sure how this would best work in terms of the rules and the setting. Simply having Chino use the pilfered commlink seems questionable because then all someone would have to do to steal a car is to nick a commlink. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be, but that seems a bit easy, especially for someone rolling around with a Fairlight Caliban. You think he would password protect the commlink if nothing else. (In that case you'd have to hack the Fairlight, so it would make more sense to turn it off and just hack the van directly.) Or maybe the Fairlight is unnecessary because Chino could just use Doc's deck - the one with the marks - to do the driving. (If Doc is willing to hand it over, that is, or to let Chino use Doc's arm like a remote control for a few minutes.) There's almost certainly some way to do this but I don't know what the best way would be. Pick an option based on how you want to RP it and go with that.

I'll give rednblack until the morning before advancing the action.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <11-26-14/0929:29> »
I agree hat simply pilfering the commlink is probably too simple. I'm fine with hacking the link. I'd say get a mark on the link, then I could spoof command from the link to the car having the car invite marks from chino. Then with three marks on the car chino can do as he pleases with his own gear.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #148 on: <11-26-14/0934:18> »
@Poindexter: Be careful with the sub-vocal communications. Only Chino has earbuds, so technically the rest of the team wouldn't be able to hear Sam.

Shouldnt anyone with soundlink or a DNI be able to hear as well?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #149 on: <11-26-14/1138:33> »
Sneak test to get around the side of the house: Sneak Test: 12d6t5 6

Perception test while going it solo: Perception Check: 10d6t5 4

Sam's SUT command resonated with Ace.  He remembers that he has the SUT Knowledge Skill as well.  Char sheet updated.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal