NEWS

[5e IC] Tabula Rasa

• 240 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-22-14/2233:25> »
The Masked Woman sees the ork stirring, and then his coordinated drop. She hears the urgency in the Troll's voice and knows that a plan needs to form. She looks reluctant to talk but finally breaks her silence. She goes for a tone of reason, rather than for one of command.

"We've been out here long enough that the battery is dead. It seems to me that our most immediate threat is the weather, not any pursuers. The cold outside will kill us as certainly as anything." She glances at the human wearing clothes that aren't suited for the weather, and the elf with the skintight black suit. Maybe it's one of the Evo HEL suits that are perfect for situations like this, or maybe it's just a body stocking.

@Dwarf
She turns to the dwarf, hoping to calm him down by grounding him with a familiar task. "Brother Dwarf, can you bring a spirit to help us? A wisp to scout the area and look for shelter, or to keep us warm? Or perhaps your own spirit, if you can project it." She smiles slightly until she remembers that no one could see it through the mask anyway, so she stops.

@Ork
"Brother Ork, can you please grab the large crate as you come back? It is too heavy for me to lift, but certainly you are stronger."

martinchaen

« Reply #16 on: <08-22-14/2302:50> »
Squatting down at the very rear of the car I rifle through the duffel bag. "Hey, there's some stuff in here that probably isn't mine" I say as I pull out the armored coldsuit from the bag. "This thing is far too big for me, obviously. Wait, this looks familiar..."

I don't even notice that I trail off as I grab the Nitama Sporter out of the bag, immediately checking the ammo counter and nodding to myself as I confirm the ammo counter is reading true. I look up at the comparatively huge troll crouching next to me, and feel a pang of envy at his assault rifle. Better stick close to this guy; he seems like he can handle himself.

"Hey, everyone, listen up. First of all, I'm sorry I snapped at everyone just now. I'm a little on edge, as I'm sure we all are. More importantly, however, I've got good news, bad news, and worse news." I tie my long, black hair up in a bun before continuing, opening up the survival kit to rummage through it as I talk. "Bad news is it's fragging freezing out here, in case you didn't notice. I've got a coldsuit for myself, and a survival kit, so we might be able to survive. I don't know much about this stuff, though, at least not that I can remember. All right, on to the worse news; we're way out in the middle of nowhere. Anyone heard of a town called Aspen? Well, we're about 30 klicks away, which probably means we won't make it there on foot before we all freeze to death. Good news is, there's a Rover approaching us, about 5km out. We're 150 meters from the road, so I'm going to slip into my coldsuit and head for the road, see if I can flag that thing down. Gotta be a flare or a light stick or something in this thing... Oh, and I seem to have gotten banged up a little back there. Any chance one of you can patch me up or give me something for the pain?"

I mentally list off the other items in the bag, and decide to keep the other weapons to myself for now.

"So. Who's coming?" Looking up at the big troll, I nod at the doors. "You think you can open those? I'd appreciate it if you'd wait until I get my ass into this thing, but I'd like to get out of this death trap before we all fall screaming to our deaths..." I start unpacking the coldsuit, getting ready to put it on.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2314:33> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #17 on: <08-23-14/0053:53> »
Frank, eh? I don't feel like a "Frank." Probably a fake SIN. Yeah, I'm definitely a criminal, and from the tone of these messages, it would seem a rather hot headed one. Oh GOD, it's probably MY fault we're here.

Without taking his eyes off the sights of his rifle, aiming out the back window, he announces loudly to the rest of the team, "Ok, people! Don't ask me how i know, but there's something in this van that we frakkin NEED! I don't know what it is, but i know we've got it, and whatever it is, it's the reason we're all out here."

Squatting down at the very rear of the car I rifle through the duffel bag. "Hey, there's some stuff in here that probably isn't mine"

"Bring everything we can carry. We'll figure out whose drek is whose later."

"So. Who's coming?" Looking up at the big troll, I nod at the doors. "You think you can open those? I'd appreciate it if you'd wait until I get my ass into this thing, but I'd like to get out of this death trap before we all fall screaming to our deaths..." I start unpacking the coldsuit, getting ready to put it on.

I like the balls on this one.

"Yeah, I'll go with you, but I'm not moving from this spot until everyone's off. Our driver looks very strong. He should more than suffice."

I hope I had the good sense to bring something insulated with me. But, the whole "hot head" thing would seem to suggest I probably relied on the fact that I'm Russian. I probably picked on the rest of them for bringing survival gear. Oh, no. Am i the hot headed asshole on the team?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-23-14/0136:49> »
Looking out the back at the snow trench plowed by the van, the Masked Woman slowly abandons her implausible-but-totally-wiz theory that the van had actually been ditched by a t-bird smuggler mid-flight when a coyote run into Denver went sideways. She listens to the facts and figures rattled off by the Elf and the Troll and does some mental math.

"Rovers are rigs for rich corpers, right? Not sec teams looking to clean us up. Should be a soft target."

Oh, Goddess, can a Rover even fit seven metahumans - one of them a troll - plus that crate? I'd sit in someone's lap but this claymore and all.

"The Rover will pass us in 3-5 minutes, depending on highway speeds in a storm. That's how long we have to make it 150m uphill in the snow. The Elf and I can take point. She can show some leg; I can plant a suggestion in the driver's mind that it would be a good idea to stop and help. Damsels in distress, neh?"

Wearing a ballistics mask isn't suspicious, right? Everyone wears masks in weather like this, sure.

"Once they're stopped she can pull her pistol and jam their comm ... right?" This based on the fact that anyone clever enough to find a signal approaching in a storm 5 klicks out is wiz enough to jam a comm.

"There's something metallic in the crate that might be of interest," she says, reiterating its importance. "Can we get this guy into the coldsuit and then up the hill? I can prepare something for him once we're stable."

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-23-14/0215:02> »
"There's something metallic in the crate that might be of interest," she says, reiterating its importance. "Can we get this guy into the coldsuit and then up the hill? I can prepare something for him once we're stable."

He glances sideways at the crate in question, glaring at it like it slotted his sister. "That's probably the thing, right there. He and I come off the van last. The rest of you will finish unloading this coffin here while Elf and Mask get moving. If you two plan to cover that distance in that time, you'll need to leave now and haul ass. Go!" His mind wanders a bit about the crate.

Once we get out of here, I'm putting "Johnson" in this fucking box and dropping it in the fucking snow outside Skovorodino.

Then, as an afterthought to the masked woman and the elf, he adds "Make sure your comms are set to this frequency, too. We'll call you 'red team' for now." After a pause, he mutters, "This is Uncle Sam. Copy, red team."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-23-14/0322:14> »
Twisting out of the seat with a flip that looked almost well practised, Ork grimaces as turning pulls at a handful of injured muscles he didn't know he had. Opening the glove compartment, he turns to reply to the Masked Woman, but doesn't otherwise stop what he's doing;

"Brother Ork, can you please grab the large crate as you come back? It is too heavy for me to lift, but certainly you are stronger."

"Aye, and for that please, I'll even consider pulling out to the snow. Just let me check this here first ..."

The toothy grin that was intended to go with it was interrupted by a shiver, but was otherwise well intentioned.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <08-23-14/0444:32> »
The Human set the Hermes Ikon to the channel the Troll was broadcasting at, testing the connection with an answer. >>Copy that.<< After that, he cautiously moved back, adding to the counterweight the troll provided and giving space to the Ork to get out of his seat. He squatted beside the bags and started to pick up the weapons and stow them in their respective holsters one by one - the taser in the ankle holster, the light pistol in the hidden arm slide, and the machine pistol, after reloading it with the spare clip, in the holster under his jacket. He felt reassured by holding these, as if naked until then. He also checked if the Ares Armored Survivalist was his - he had the nagging feeling it should be.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-23-14/0628:15> »
Twisting out of the seat with a flip that looked almost well practised, Ork grimaces as turning pulls at a handful of injured muscles he didn't know he had. Opening the glove compartment, he turns to reply to the Masked Woman, but doesn't otherwise stop what he's doing;

The van shudders and shifts slightly as the Ork changes position, but he is quick on his feet and shifts his weight expertly to keep the vehicle from the tipping point. It settles back down into position. He leans over, making sure not to upset the balance, and knocks open the glove compartment. Inside he finds a Simrig, a Trode headband, a Bug Scanner (Rating 6) and a Tag Eraser.

"Aye, and for that please, I'll even consider pulling out to the snow. Just let me check this here first ..."

The toothy grin that was intended to go with it was interrupted by a shiver, but was otherwise well intentioned.

The Ork goes to move the crate and gives it an experimental push to judge the weight. The entire van rocks, but the crate doesn't budge. He puts his back into it.

Body 5 + Strength 5(9): 14d6t5 6

The crate shifts, and slides forward slightly. The Ork is barely able to move it, and attempting to get leverage on it risks upsetting the balance of the van. The Ork estimates the weight of the crate to be in excess of 300 kilos.

The Human set the Hermes Ikon to the channel the Troll was broadcasting at, testing the connection with an answer. >>Copy that.<< After that, he cautiously moved back, adding to the counterweight the troll provided and giving space to the Ork to get out of his seat. He squatted beside the bags and started to pick up the weapons and stow them in their respective holsters one by one - the taser in the ankle holster, the light pistol in the hidden arm slide, and the machine pistol, after reloading it with the spare clip, in the holster under his jacket. He felt reassured by holding these, as if naked until then. He also checked if the Ares Armored Survivalist was his - he had the nagging feeling it should be.

You examine the Ares Armored Survivalist, noticing the distinctive white coloring and fluffy interior that suggests its well suited for winter wear. You put it on, noting it fits you perfectly, and that you have easy access to your gear while wearing it, as if it were tailored intentionally to allow this.

It is designed for Arctic conditions. Custom Protection (Insulation 4), with a wireless bonus that applies to cold terrain.

The Elf pulls the Coldsuit on and finds it equally well fitting, and now feels significantly warmer.

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <08-23-14/1255:35> »
The dwarf calms down as he reaches the relative safety of the back of the van, and see's that none of the others seem to relatively care if the van goes hurtling off the cliff to a fiery doom. He searches his pockets, hoping to come up with a pair of gloves or something for his head as he comes to the conclusion that it is only his exposed skin that really feels cold. He notices everyone else pulling out whiz gear, and hopes he's got a nice gun or something hidden in a pocket also, so far it seems as if he's only got a nice coat and nothing else.

He slips a little on the roof of the van when the Ork tries to move the crate to no avail.  "Uh hey... what's in that thing anyways?  Do we need it? Can we move it piece by piece?"

Thinking that he knows he can't help much with the crate itself anyways, he makes sure his weight wont upset the balance of the van before stepping outside and looking up the hill back towards where the road apparently is.  He tries to think if there's anything he could do to get up to that Rover in time.

martinchaen

« Reply #24 on: <08-23-14/1300:07> »
"Slot off, I ain't showing leg to no-one, 'specially not in this frakkin' thing!" I exclaim indignantly while struggling into my coldsuit. "Besides, you all worry about getting whatever it is we need out of this thing, I'll worry about stopping that car." I grumble a bit under my breath about the foolishness of trying to run in deep snow, before adding. "But, yeah, how about those painkillers?"

After the Troll opens the door, I look around for a bit and head outside. For some perverse reason, I consider just giving the damaged vehicle a nudge so I can watch the others go flying off the cliff, but reconsider quickly.

Jeez, where did THAT come from...

Despite the weather I spot what looks like at least a slightly sheltered spot nearby, and trudge over to it quickly, settling down by a large fallen tree. I relax my body and let my consciousness fall into the Matrix, delighting in the feeling of warmth provided by my hot-sim VR interface. I send a quick message to the incessant troll on his damned comm channel. "Yeah yeah, I hear you, don't get your knickers in a twist... I'll be right here, you just get that thing out of the car and be ready." Surprisingly, I discover that my Matrix Persona looks like a blend between myself and the masked woman; small, definitely female with somewhat more ample curves than my own (am I compensating for something?) wearing a skin-tight leotard and a mask. I can't even tell my own features in here, it seems.

The icon of the rover blinks in the distance, and in a nanosecond I'm right next to it ready to begin ... wait, what am I doing? Oh, right, I know this.

I must have done this a million times, because my actions are instinctual more than anything. Just like the flip in the car, this is something I know how to do very well. "MARK it, stop it, job's a good'n." Wait, that's not my saying. Is it? Shaking my virtual head to myself, I set to work.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/1314:32> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-23-14/1309:29> »
"Uh hey... what's in that thing anyways?  Do we need it? Can we move it piece by piece?"

"YES! Once everyone is outta this frakkin thing, I'll bring it out with me. NOW MOVE IT PEOPLE!!!"

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-23-14/1359:23> »
The Masked Woman sighs inwardly as the Elf rapidly disabuses her of any romantic notions of how elven ladies speak. Not only has the Elf reverted to her original brusque nature, but she also seems to have gone out into the storm for the express purpose of falling asleep against a tree. The Dwarf has ignored two direct questions, and is either unwilling or unable to share his Talent with the group, despite their need. She shakes her head slightly and tries to make allowances for the shock of the situation. Perhaps the ballistics mask muffles her voice, and the wind is loud. Maybe she can strike up a rapport with the Ork later. Maybe she'll just play the Quiet Game.

She turns her attention to her commlink. Through her DNI she sets it to the frequency that the Troll indicated.

<<Copy.>> She seems a bit relieved not have to speak anymore.

Wading out into the night, she turns her collar up; luckily the length of the coat provides some protection from the wind for her legs. She glances around the crash site and then heads up the hill at a steady pace. Moving through the snow is hard work, having to lift each foot up out of the snowdrift before stomping forward. She can't remember, are you supposed to move fast to generate body heat or not to fast so you don't sweat? At the moment she can't think of anything related cold weather survival.

While she's moving, she checks back on her commlink. She looks for her own personal profile, something that would tell her more about herself. Professionally, socially, whatever comes up. She also tries to think of what other spells she might now. Something that can lift the crate? Or the injured man? Or a Cone of Silence for the Elf? Think, godfraggit, think.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-23-14/1753:01> »
@The Dwarf
He searches his pockets, hoping to come up with a pair of gloves or something for his head as he comes to the conclusion that it is only his exposed skin that really feels cold. He notices everyone else pulling out whiz gear, and hopes he's got a nice gun or something hidden in a pocket also, so far it seems as if he's only got a nice coat and nothing else.

The dwarf checks himself for gear. He's wearing well insulated clothes, and finds a pair of gloves, a beanie and a scarf stuffed in one of his pockets, which he promptly puts on. It looks like the beanie had trodes sewn into it, as he feels a mental connection to his commlink as soon as it is firmly in place. He finds the commlink in another pocket shortly after; a Renraku Sensei.

Continuing to pat himself down, he feels the distinct bulge of a holster on his side near his left arm pit. Opening his jacket to inspect it, he discovers a quick-draw holster, with a heavy pistol firmly in it. He immediately recognizes it as a Ruger Super Warhawk.

Finishing his self search, he finds his biomonitor band on his upper arm, a small and stylish respirator (rating 6) and a pocket full of reagents. He counts about 30 of them.

The dwarf inspects the pendant hanging from his neck, recognizing it as an important talisman of his tradition. He remembers he's a Shaman (Drain stat is Charisma), and that this is a Power Focus (Force 2).

@Everyone

After the Troll opens the door...

Seeing that everyone was bundled up and it was time to get a moving, the Troll goes to open the door and finds it jammed shut from the crash. He's not about to let this stop him though.

Body 10 + Strength 8: 18d6t5 8

The metal screeches as the Troll almost casually tears it apart and forces the rear doors open. You are all immediately assaulted by a cold blast of freezing air and the howling wind from outside spinning through the inside of the van. You hadn't realized just how much warmer the van was, being largely inclosed with 7 metahuman bodies working to heat it up.

Cold Resistance Tests:
The Troll: Body 10 + Insulation 2: 12d6t5 6
The Elf: Body 3 + Insulation 4: 7d6t5 4
The Human: Body 5 + Insulation 4: 9d6t5 4
The Dwarf: Body 3 + Insulation 6: 9d6t5 4
The Ork: Body 5 + Insulation 6: 11d6t5 4
The Masked Woman: Body 5 + Insulation 2: 7d6t5 3
The Crumpled Man: Body 3 + Insulation 2: 5d6t5 2

The chill is intense and your breath hangs visibly in the air like puffs of steam, but you're all insulated, and are able to deal with the temperature shift.

@The Elf
Looking around for somewhere to sit down nearby that's at least partially sheltered from the wind and snow:
Perception [7]
8d6t5: 4 [8d6t5=6, 6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 1] Would have -1 on this due to visibility, but doesn't affect the result.

The Elf ventures out into the snow, the boots of her coldsuit sinking into the drift past her ankle as she strikes a Magnesium Torch she found in the duffel bag. Now having illumination, she looks out into the darkness for a warm place to situate herself, and trudges through the snow towards the nearby tree line. She puts her back against the trunk of the tree in the opposite direction the wind is blowing, and uses the Survival Kit in her duffel to try and make herself a warm place to huddle.

Willpower 6 - Defaulting 1 + Coldsuit Wireless 1 + Survival Kit 2: 8d6t5 4

Using the thermal blanket in the kit to shield herself, she manages to get pretty cozy before dropping into VR. Her icon is surrounded by static, the inherent noise from being so far from anywhere worth being drowning out much of the matrix topography. She reaches out and finds the grid she has access to and connects to it, replacing the virtual world with a blank black sky filled with icons meant to approximate stars, while the ground beneath her feet rises and falls, like she were a giant standing among the Colorado mountains. The elf spots her target, the small car icon of the Rover 2072, and manifests her matrix protocols to crack into its system.

Slipping into VR and hacking the van:
Hack on the Fly [5]
16d6t5: 7 [16d6t5=3, 6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 2, 2, 5, 4, 5, 6] 1 net hit.
16d6t5: 7 [16d6t5=6, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6, 3, 4, 1, 3, 5] 2 net hits; get 1 piece of info from it as if you used Matrix Perception.
15d6t5: 5 [15d6t5=2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 6, 5, 1] 3 net hits; 1 more piece of info

She reaches out and sends streams of data into the icon, discreetly placing a mark on it and granting her basic access. But she's unsatisfied with that and digs deeper, placing a second mark, then a third. In the process she looks for protected files and data bombs, but finds neither.

@The Crumpled Man
I am going to assume enough time has gone by that The Crumpled Man has been able to patch himself up. so now his actions would be

1. Take a closer lok around the van and see if he recognizes anything. With all the guns around he is going to want his.
2. Pull up a quick diagnostic of all of his cyberware
3. See if he has any idea how to survive this horrible cold.

By now the Crumpled Man has finished patching his wounds as best he can and gets to his feet. He takes stock of himself, the van and the gear that's lying around.

Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Wireless Vision 1 - Wound 2: 6d6t5 3

He sees two remaining duffel bags of gear and guesses one may be his, as well as a large medkit (Rating 6) that he suspects he's best equipped to use. Checking his own pockets and gear, he notes a few things.

He's wearing an Ares Survivalist suit, colored in browns and greys, vaguely aware that it's part of the urban survival line. The custom protection is Insulation 2, Chemical Protection 2, Nonconductivity 1. The wireless bonus applies to cities. It has a medkit, a biomonitor and a respirator (rating 6) built into it.

He finds a spare clip in one of his pockets of 10 Flechette rounds for a shotgun. He also finds a tag eraser, a data tap, a flashlight and a gold credstick in his other pockets. He notes he has a subvocal mic on his throat.

He finds three Datajacks on his body: One on his left wrist, one on the side of his head, and one at the base of his neck.

He then fires up the cyberdeck in his arm and runs a diagnostics check.

>> SONY CIY-720
>>> Attack 4 Sleaze 5 Data Processing 6 Firewall 7(8)
>>>Active Programs: Encryption,  Armor, Biofeedback Filter, Shell
>>>Running diagnostics on Cyberlimb . . .
>> Jonny G's Secondhand Cyberware
>> Get a secondhand second hand at Jonny G's!
>> Strength 6, Agility 6
>> Cyberdeck slot (In use: SONY CIY-720)
>> integrated shotgun: Operational [4/4 rounds remaining]
>> external clip: Operational [ERROR: please insert clip]
>>>Running diagnostics on additional implants. . .
>> Sony Cybersystems TL310 Cybereyes (Rating 1): Nominal
>>> Smartlink: Operational
>>> Vision Enhancement (Rating 1): Operational
>> All Systems Nominal

You manage to find the external slot for the shotgun that's apparently built into your arm near your elbow. You then turn your attention towards surviving this cold

Willpower 5 + Survival 2 - Wound 2: 5d6t5 3

You realize you know a thing or two about surviving, and are confident you'll manage.

@The Dwarf
Thinking that he knows he can't help much with the crate itself anyways, he makes sure his weight wont upset the balance of the van before stepping outside and looking up the hill back towards where the road apparently is.  He tries to think if there's anything he could do to get up to that Rover in time.

You step out into the snow and sink up to your knees, practically climbing rather than walking as you try to get up hill. You think about what you're capable of, and ponder the abilities you have.

You realize you have the Conjuration Skill Group at 6 and Magic 6, and that spirits offer you a number of solutions for faster movement.

@The Masked Woman
The Masked Woman
22. Assensing the Dwarf: 5 hits.
23. Assensing the surroundings outside of the vehicle: 2 hits. Just basic recon.
24. Per the IC post, connecting comms with the group and looking for a personal profile on her own commlink. SINs, licenses, social accounts, recipes, cat trids. I'm thinking that I don't need a Computer test for this but please inform me if otherwise.
25. Trying to remember any other spells that might be relevant to moving people or crates, or detect people or danger, or anything that the current situation might trigger.
26. Actual snow-running: 3 hits.

Woo, clawing my way up to 20th percentile rolling.

The Masked Woman turns her astral perception towards the dwarf as he trudges out into the snow, seeing the vibrancy in his aura and recognizing it as Awakened immediately. She sees he has Essence 6, Magic 6, and is completely unaugmented. He has a Force 2 Power Focus bound to him, which he wears around his neck. He's in fairly strong health, and his emotional state is fearful, and worried. She notices he has an astral signature on him from a health spell that has been fading for a few hours, and sees it is his own. She also sees an astral signature from a high force manipulation spell, also having had several hours to start fading away. This astral signature she recognizes as her own.

She then turns her astral vision to her surroundings, the dim illumination of the gaiasphere allowing her to see much further than the others in this complete darkness. They're in a heavily mountainous area, with a large hill ahead of them leading up towards a plateau that she gathers is where the road is, before another cliff rises on the other side and the mountain continues upward far above them. A light snow is falling, and the wind is blowing the small astral shadows through her vision, limiting her somewhat on how far she can see. There are a large number of trees in their immediate area, which adds to the illumination on the astral, but makes it difficult to see anything between the auras. She does spot the aura of a few smaller trees laying in the path the van had taken down the hill, their auras slowly dimming from having been uprooted. Turning around, she sees the blackness of empty sky. She has to look down slightly to see the earth again, and sees just how precipitously the van is balanced on the edge of a slight cliff. The fall looks to be at least two or three meters, and the hill blow it slopes dramatically down even further. It's difficult for her to tell where the van would stop if it ended up falling, but it would slide a long way.

She thinks about her spellcasting abilities while absently sending mental commands to her comm to find out information about herself. She remembers she knows the Detect Enemies, Extended spell, as well as the Combat Sense preparation.

The Masked Woman finds two SINs.

>> Ivana Kutchukokoph
>> Aztechnology Corporate Limited SIN
>> Age: 18
>> Sex: Female
>> Metatype: Elf
>> Race: Japanese
>>> Registered Awakened (Claims you are an awakened turnip.)
>>> Concealed Carry License (Specifies 'sharp things' as what you are licensed to carry.)
>>> Anonymity License (Apparently a license to not have to broadcast a SIN. Weird.)
>>> A License to Kill (This is totally fake.)

There are no further records attached to the SIN, no supporting data or history, not even any biometrics. You're pretty damn positive this SIN is fake, and not a very good fake. You check the other one.

>> Ileana Anghelescu
>> Saeder-Krupp Limited SIN
>> Age: 23
>> Sex: Female
>> Metatype: Human
>> Race: Caucasian
>>> Registered Awakened (You are listed as a Spellcaster and Enchanter)
>>> Talismonger License (An international license permitting you to operate as a Talismonger)
>>> Weapon Focus License (Specifies your claymore)
>>> Enchanting Focus License (Specifies your mask)

You scroll through all the supporting data and history attached to the SIN, as well as seeing a full array of biometrics. If this is a fake SIN, it's a very good one. You find your own home address, which is in Aspen.

Your contact list only has a single name: Daria. The profile image you have for her is a Wiccan pentagram. Her address is listed in Denver.

There are a number of photos on your commlink, of the landscape in the mountains. Pictures of forests, of natural formations, of various plants and mountain ares. You have an awful lot of pictures of the mountains. The time codes suggest these were taken a few weeks ago, although GPS tagging appears to be disabled on your comm. You only find one picture of an actual person, which you recognize instantly as a photo of The Human. It looks like a picture from an ID badge, as its simply a picture of his face staring passively straight ahead with a plain blue background behind him. You notice this image came from a text attachment.

>>Retrieving Message Log. . .

>> FROM: Daria
>> TO: Ileana
>> SENT: January 3rd, 10:13AM
>> I've attached a picture of the man you'll be looking for. All I know is he's somewhere in Aspen, but you are a resourceful one. I'm sure you'll find him, and find a way to make him cooperate. Take care, sister.
>>> Attachment: AI_J.png

You check your bank account: you have 915 nuyen to your name.

You begin trudging your way through the snow, up hill towards the road. The snow halves your movement rate, but your 3 hits on running add 6 meters to your total distance per combat turn. You have 150 meters to go, and have Agility 6, so you are traveling at 12 meters per combat turn, 18 while sprinting.

You manage to trudge all the way to the top of the hill in less than a minute. You manage to find where the van went off the road, going straight forward into a corner and plowing through the snowbank and the railing before tumbling down the hill.
« Last Edit: <08-23-14/1810:05> by Ryo »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <08-23-14/1831:07> »
First things first, the Crumpled Man loads the clip into cyber arm. Once that was done he felt a little more comfortable around everyone else waving guns. If he had one implanted it was obvious he knew how to use it to some decent degree. Why else would he have it installed. The deck and the gear intrigued him but it would have to wait. He grabbed the medkit and slung it over a shoulder then proceeded to chuck the two remaining duffel bags out of the backdoor of the van.

I'll get this stuff out. and get out of the way. Anyone needing medical attention needs to follow me to shelter. I'll let those stronger than I am to grab the crate.

He then pulls out the flashlight, steps out and begins to survey the surroundings outside the van. He sends a mental command to the cyberdeck to bring up the last hour of messages and any footage his eyes may have recorded over the last day. He sets aside to review once he has finished dealing with the injured. If No one speaks up about needing help he starts rummaging through the duffels for his gear.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-23-14/2113:21> »
Having equipped himself, and now protected from the environment extremes, the Human took a final look around in the van, trying to ascertain if something he saw still belonged to him. He grebbed whatever he had a clear memory of owning, then got out in the snow. >>I'll provide backup to the Masked Woman beside the road. We shouldn't split up too much, i think. Call if you need me down here.<< Without further ado, he tried to follow the Masked Woman, matching her speed. Once up at the road, he looked for a suitable place to hide and initiate an ambush from.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake