NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #300 on: <12-14-14/2155:33> »
O'Connor smirked, "About three weeks back, eight of us woke up one morning completely naked and in various states of bondage. We didn't know who everyone else was, or why we were all out there. In the end we found out that we pulled a job in the Tir, and that getting captured and dosed with laes was part of the plan. So fair warning, utter humiliation and defeat counts as success for this team."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #301 on: <12-14-14/2221:34> »
Clem followed Sammy to the bar, but made sure to have everything she hadn't checked in with her. She might as well go through the introductory motions of welcoming a new member to the team, since everyone else was doing so.

Once at the table, she ordered a beer, glad Ophelia was paying for the first round. "At least she's starting things right" thought the ork, while she listened to the conversation unfolding. She was definitely overwhelmed by the Matrix technical stuff, and was skeptical about how their commlink could help the team perform better during fights. She decided to give it a shot, but if this setup was going to give her any trouble she would be the first to dump it.

Clem stayed silent while everyone else was talking. She never understood that urge people had to say things, to spill everything for everyone to hear. She had been brought up knowing that information was power, so people in her ancient organization kept it short and close to their chest. Still, she was always glad to hear more, as long as she didn't have to share anything. She had definitely met her "sharing" quota with Sammy earlier and was satisfied with her efforts.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #302 on: <12-14-14/2243:00> »
Snow will laugh at O'Connor's comment.   You raided in the Tir?  Did you even remember what you had been after?  So, if that was the four of you and Fionn, what happened to the other three of that group?"

"Speaking"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #303 on: <12-14-14/2254:47> »
O'Connor smiled as he shook his head, "Not a clue, and that seems to be by design. As for the other three, two popped smoke when we got ambushed after getting paid. Getting ambushed also seems to be a thing with us. Though hopefully with you here now to play Matrix master, that won't happen quite as often. Karate Kid, the other guy, just kinda dropped off the map. He and I didn't get along though..." He turned to the others, there was a much higher chance Johnny stayed in touch with them.

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #304 on: <12-14-14/2318:19> »
Snow will nod.  "I do hope that I will be of good use to you.  My honor demands it and I would hate to fail in that.  In my opinion, honor is about all we really have anymore, and I swear to all of you that I will do my best to not let you down individually or as a team."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #305 on: <12-14-14/2348:14> »
Clem chuckled a little bit when Snow started to talk about honour. What could she possibly know about honour, she was Russian, thought the ork. The newcomer was definitely saying the right things, but Clem was not impressed so easily; talk IS cheap after all.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #306 on: <12-15-14/0229:59> »
Snow will politely ask whoever is between her and the edge of the booth to slide over.  "I am sorry, but I need to use the restroom."    After standing up, she will smooth her skirt and ask the waitress where the nearest restroom is.  As she leaves, she will think, *Give them a chance to talk about me and see what happens.*  While in the restroom, she will check to see if she has any answers to her questions.  She is really interested in knowing if Boris can cough up a name for a possible Vory contact in LA.  She will check out her light makeup in the mirror and give it a quick touch-up if needed.  She has always been glad that she can get by with very little.  *Sam Torley is cute, but that O'Connor guy might be a better side catch after the mission.*After using the restroom she will return to the bar.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #307 on: <12-15-14/1509:44> »
O'Connor watched Snow depart, the phrase 'hate to see her go, love to watch her leave' was in full effect. He returned his attention to the group, Clem and Torley specifically, "She seems to know the two of you. Anything Sammy and I should know, or be keeping an eye out for?"

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #308 on: <12-15-14/1519:39> »
Having slipped his 'link back into its pocket, Sam sipped his scotch, then shrugged. "I don't actually know her. We met once, and she never let on that she could handle tech; it wasn't really relevant at the time. She does seem to know what she's talking about, though, and we need that gap in our team filled. Con, I know you didn't get along well with Red, but I liked him, and if he felt she was a good replacement, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. And she really does want to fit in, be a part of the group; she's not faking that."

He looked at Sammy. "I'm assuming you've checked her out astrally. Any red flags there?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #309 on: <12-15-14/1600:58> »
"Nothing special," Sammy replied, "some cyber, in the head mostly, but that's normal for techies.  The only thing I felt was that she wasn't as bouncy and happy as she wanted to show us, but I assume that this was simply nerves on meeting a group of strangers for the first time, knowing you have to do tech for them and not knowing how they would react to you.  I would give her a chance.  And if something goes wrong, we're going to a city I worked in for quite some time.  I know people there and quite a few people know me, so we should be okay."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <12-15-14/1851:07> »
"Same as Torley" said Clem after a sip of beer. "I was in the same room as her once, and she wasn't wearing her techie hat that time."

Clem took another sip and looked at O'Connor, a serious expression on her face. "Fancy her, Con?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #311 on: <12-15-14/1926:21> »
It was pretty obvious to O'Connor where Clem was going with this. Unfortunately for her, he wasn't in the mood for a 'think with your head, not your dick' lecture. So he fell back on his tried-and-true method of deflection, pissing the other person off. He scoffed at Clem, "What's it to you, jealous?"

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #312 on: <12-15-14/1936:43> »
Clem, having anticipated that remark, simply said "Nah, don't worry, she's all yours" before going back to her beer.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #313 on: <12-15-14/2117:29> »
O'Connor gave a small chuckle to Clem's retort. He inclinded his head, giving her remark credit. He took a swig from his beer, but didn't further the verbal spat. His goal was to get her to lay off, not start a full fledged fight.

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #314 on: <12-16-14/0213:34> »
Snow will use some breath freshener before she finishes in the lavatory because she knows that some people do not like the somewhat harsh aroma of her special Russian cigars.  She will return from the restroom and motion for someone to scoot over so she can sit.  Looking about at everyone, she will say, "So, did I give you enough time to talk about me?  I hope I am still welcome as part of the team?"She will look over to Sammy, "Say.  I have that "Dragons in the Mist" game loaded up.  I think that they did a good job with your character and your voice-over is very good.  Have you tried the game at all?  I am at a sort of sticking point and just cannot seem to get beyond it.  If you play, perhaps we can share notes?"