NEWS

Rigger vehicle

• 14 Replies

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« on: <05-03-15/1754:10> »
Ok so i'm between the bulldog, rover and  roadmaster also any source book for better customization of vehicles or drones would be great thanks.
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-03-15/1827:50> »
For 5th Edition there's very little rigger oriented material as of yet. A few modifications appear in Stolen Souls, but other than that you're likely going to have to use content from previous editions if you and your GM is up to converting material for use in SR5.

Some content is easy to convert, others rely on rules that are not applicable for SR5 (yet), and as such take much more effort.

SR4 had rigger gear in Arsenal for the most part.
SR1 through 3 had dedicated rigger books (Riggers Black Book, Rigger 2, and Rigger 3 respectively); these are great books for reference material, but unfortunately you'd have to do some major conversion work on most of the mechanical rules.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <05-03-15/2028:18> »
Don't have access to any of said books any links?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-03-15/2103:09> »
Thanks for that link . But anyone have Amy opinions on the vehicle

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <05-03-15/2107:13> »
IMHO,  Get yourself a Bulldog & a Shin-Hyung.

The Roadmaster might be awesome when we have actual mods available to make a "Tank", but since we don't, the 2 above will give you a solid Delivery Truck - Command Vehicle & a High Speed Getaway car.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <05-04-15/0719:38> »
Mmm, a Hyung of Jyungk.  ;D  I prefer a motorcycle for an absolute-must-get-me-away vehicle, but if you gotta take passengers ...

And the ideal book for building your own vehicle is Rigger 3 - but then you'd have to convert it.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <05-05-15/2201:27> »
So i went with a bull-dog got a hyung and mirage. i wish we have rvs and more mods :(

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-05-15/2240:59> »
Plenty of additional mods in previous edition books.

Used Car Lot (a 4th edition supplement) contains the Ford-Canada Bison and the Rolls Royce Prairie Cat, both RVs, as well as a Nissan-Holden Brumley, which is something of a cross between an SUV and an RV, and finally the Renault-Fiat Eurovan, which is listed as a passenger van with an available camper model.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-06-15/0038:23> »
Mmm, Used Car Lot, aka 'all the really cool ideas from 3rd we didn't move into 4th until now'.  :P :)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #10 on: <05-06-15/1622:25> »
and finally the Renault-Fiat Eurovan, which is listed as a passenger van with an available camper model.
Anyone else getting a flashback to the old VW Bus w/ pop up roof to make a bed area?

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <05-06-15/2018:12> »
Did everyone hear about vw rereleasing the bus as full electric? sounds sweet

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <05-10-15/1929:48> »
I always go with the Bulldog first. It is basically a UPS truck, so it is easy to disguise as almost any delivery truck. I have painted them as hazmat vehicles, swat vans, uniform trucks, and even food trucks (we sold donuts to Lone Star cops to keep them busy!) Their ubiquity is what makes them useful. The Roadmaster is grreat for all that Body/Armor, but its body style will make it look off for repainting; a repainted armored car is still an armored car. If the rigger in the party doesn't buy the Bulldog, I will.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-11-15/0051:32> »
Very good advice there, Mr. Black.  Always remember the start of 'The Score' ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #14 on: <06-01-15/0948:21> »
These are my usual kind of things for a rigger. add weapon mounts to taste/table needs.

Vehicles:
GMC Endurance (Van) 35k
speed 4, hand3/3, accel 3, bod 14, arm 6, sensor 2 (4) seats 8
 +Spoof chips 500
 +Morphing plates 1000
 +Rigger mod 1000
 +R4 sensor suite 4000
 +Satellite uplink 500
 +Smuggling compartment (troll) 7k
 +Chameleon coating 28k      78,025
{Sensor Suite R4}
 -Camera (front)
  +Vision mag 250
  +Flare comp 250
  +Image link 25
  +low light 500
 -Camera (rear)
 -Omni Mic
 -Motion sensor
 -Ultrasound
 -LRF (front)
 -LRF (rear)
 -Radio Signal Scanner

So the van can be disguised on the fly using its chameleon paint and can be made to fit in most places. Its also relatively quick and handles well, as well has having 20 soak dice which is cool.
I upgraded the sensor suite for stakeouts and so i can keep a VR window open to see my surroundings when in hot-sim. (don't want to get punked whilst i've got a limp body!!)
The hidden compartment is big enough for a troll so any "liberated" VIPs, heavy weapons or combat drones get stashed in there.
You could also give it some maneuver and clearsight autosofts so you could park it down the street and have it come pick you up if you're more "hands-on" with your runs

Thundercould Contrail Racing Bike 8500
Hand 5/3, Speed 6, accel 3, bod 5, arm 6, sensor 2, seats 1
 -Spoof chips 500
 -Morphing plates 1000
 {Sensor Suite R2}
 -Camera (front)
  -Image link 25
 -Camera (rear)
 -Motion sensor
 -Ultrasound (front)
 -Ultrasound (rear)
 -Motion Sensor
 -LRF (front)
 -LRF (rear)                            10,025

Fairly cheap get away bike. Good for slipping through traffic though would benefit from rigger mod if your table plays vr piloting for motorbikes.
(the limp-body on an agile bike seems a problem for some GMs though the fluff has precedents of bike-riggers).

The shin hyung is also a bad-ass. Its fast, cool and can carry passengers.
Stick morphing plates, spoof chips and a rigger interface on it as a minimum, then add chameleon coating if you have the cash.
A quick change of body colour, plate number and matrix ID could be enough to shake a tail if you can get some distance on them, and it should be enough to lose you from gridguide tracking after a job (until a human really really digs into the paper trail at least)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor