NEWS

Transportation for Characters without a vehicle

• 50 Replies

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #45 on: <02-11-19/2336:06> »
Maybe the power shouldn't be a multiplier but instead be additive?

I'm not near my books but if you add its force to your agility or even just to the raw meters/turn total that might work a bit better?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #46 on: <02-12-19/0734:50> »
Maybe the power shouldn't be a multiplier but instead be additive?

I'm not near my books but if you add its force to your agility or even just to the raw meters/turn total that might work a bit better?
That would make it much better, yes, and make it less imbalanced for it to be used on a team without a domain.

- Spirits: Multiplier
- People: Addition for Agility-based movement
- Vehicles: ... Too complicated outside domain, perhaps? So only in aspected domain (hello traditions their home areas and free spirits!), and +/- F/4 on Speed if using core vehicle speed rules?_?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #47 on: <02-12-19/1022:11> »
deleted due to glitched memory of the rules.   :P
« Last Edit: <02-12-19/1344:03> by Beta »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #48 on: <02-12-19/1303:57> »
Do recall that currently to use Movement on vehicles, the spirit has to roll against object resistance -- every turn (!).  Which is a high enough resistance roll that eve if you average net hits, there is apt to be a large swings in speed.  Personally I apply that change as a threshold factor on control tests, and call for a crash test when the delta exceeds the vehicles acceleration rating.  (with the unintended consequences of turning it into quite an effective anti-vehicle tool)
The problem with Movement on Vehicles is that it took the SR3 description of Movement, but missed that the rules on how vehicle movement works changed (no accel 35 m/CT, but accel 1 speed level instead). So any kind of houserule needs to completely switch how that's working.

Also, unless I missed some errata, the critter power Movement does NOT face Object Resistance. The rules state [Body/2], not vs OR.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #49 on: <02-12-19/1334:08> »
Oops, my apology -- I remembered the high resistance, forgot the source of it.  Killed the original post now.
« Last Edit: <02-12-19/1344:23> by Beta »

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #50 on: <02-12-19/1622:14> »
A dodge scoot isn't that pricey, it seems a good way to go for the low budget runner.  you can bring it into your low lifestyle apartment. Squatters I usually tell the player to go back to the drawing board.
A Dodge Scoot IS an apartment for someone with a Squatter lifestyle...