« on: <03-12-15/0716:51> »
A couple of new (old) releases (all scanned images) just popped up on DTRPG:

Shadowrun: Corporate Shadowfiles - $9

Shadowrun: Native American Nations, Vol. 1 - $6

Shadowrun: Native American Nations, Vol. 2 - $6

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-12-15/0934:52> »
Those are all from the SR:R Jong Kong KS extras list. At some levels you could get free copies of older files.

Corporate Shadowfiles by Nigel D. Findley
Fields of Fire by Tom Dowd
Neo-Anarchists: The Guide to North America edited by Tom Dowd
Neo-Anarchists : Guide to Real Life by Nigel D. Findley
Native American Nations Volume 1 by Nigel D. Findley
Native American Nations Volume 2 by Nigel D. Findley
Seattle Sourcebook by Boy F. Petersen Jr.
Shadowbeat by Paul R. Hume
Shadowrun 2050 by Catalyst Game Labs
Tir NaNog by Carl Sargent and Mark Gascione
Tir Tairngire by Nigel D. Findley
The Universal Brotherhood by Nigel D. Findley

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-12-15/1040:36> »
Ahhh...interesting...hadn't made that connection. Thanks ;)

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-12-15/1359:06> »
There are still some of those fils missing. I hope they all pop up on DTRPG sooner or later.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #4 on: <03-12-15/1836:40> »
Most of them are by the two greats Tom Dowd and Nigel Findley, may he rest in peace.

All of them are good reads, although the Tir books seemed impossible for me to use back in the days.
My favorites from that list would be Real Life and Fields of Fire.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <03-12-15/2245:43> »
The biggest problem with the Missing PDFs is simply that a lot of the older original design files, especially 1st and 2nd ed, are either MIA (FASA didn't always archive the best, and a lot of stuff never made it to FanPro (and later CGL) when FASA closed, or they're in archaic file formats tat can't really be read or translated. 

So the PDFs have to be scanned in from a hard copy.  Doing this means stripping the binding and effectively destroying the book.  And obviously you need (or at least want) a pristine copy of the book to get a clean, nice scan.

And therein lies the problem. Getting ahold of copies of those books so that they can be destroyed.  I know a couple years ago I donated a whole pile of books after I bought a collection from someone on Dumpshock, and those were used.  But the stuff I donated was all duplicates, because I'm not giving my only copy out.  Sorry :)  And there's been a few more books that got picked up at the Cons when we found copies cheap.  But ultimately, that's the problem, finding them.

So hey, if you see a hole in our PDF's and have a copy you want to donate, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <03-13-15/0110:11> »
The biggest problem with the Missing PDFs is simply that a lot of the older original design files, especially 1st and 2nd ed, are either MIA (FASA didn't always archive the best, and a lot of stuff never made it to FanPro (and later CGL) when FASA closed, or they're in archaic file formats tat can't really be read or translated. 

So the PDFs have to be scanned in from a hard copy.  Doing this means stripping the binding and effectively destroying the book.  And obviously you need (or at least want) a pristine copy of the book to get a clean, nice scan.

And therein lies the problem. Getting ahold of copies of those books so that they can be destroyed.  I know a couple years ago I donated a whole pile of books after I bought a collection from someone on Dumpshock, and those were used.  But the stuff I donated was all duplicates, because I'm not giving my only copy out.  Sorry :)  And there's been a few more books that got picked up at the Cons when we found copies cheap.  But ultimately, that's the problem, finding them.

So hey, if you see a hole in our PDF's and have a copy you want to donate, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

ARGH!  I sold a bunch of my 2nd edition books way back when for chump change.  They would have been pretty good for this.  I wish I'd known.  :(
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.