NEWS

This time they really did die...

• 37 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-03-11/1749:14> »
Well it was a GMs relative so we couldn't really boot him, but we did force him to make a different character. He ended up making the standard elf with a pistol. Well ok, he was a Texan elf who dual wielded heavy revolvers (Used SS and fired each one on a separate simple action to avoid the dual wielding penalties), but he was considerably calmer than the troll and actually had a personality other than kill all the .... not me people.

Well, that does sound like a character less likely to get shot in the back of the head.

I used to present all my missions in that format, and a do a recap in that format as well. It was pretty fun, but too time consuming.

One of my players used to bluebook, so they would do a recap themselves while I was getting any last minute stuff done. It was good, gave the players a bit of a laugh (sometimes) or a grimace (other times) and got them in-character and into the swing of things for the session we were about to play.

And I used to do screamsheets, as well, so that helped a bit, and was fun.

scream sheet?

I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before...

haha! knew asking it again would lead me back to that topic. Thanks! I was trying to remember what topic it was in. I was looking and looking. XD Thank you again! +1

No problems. I'm just glad I wasn't having deja vu for no reason. ;)

Again?
Living the Electronic Dream

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <10-03-11/1751:51> »
I lost it the first time. :D

Taking a look at some other scream sheets as well at the end of the first season Shadowrun Missions. Kinda like the wrap up and the idea of handing them out to the players. xD

I'm working one for my DnD campaign now as well since it's a big city and I don't see why I can't make a newspaper :D
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #32 on: <10-05-11/1626:48> »
Also keep in mind shadowrun's a pretty lethal game.  A mission that's nothing but straight up FPS-style shoot 'em up combat can be a lot of fun, sure, but to a group of players who are new to the rules, and a group of characters who aren't being given much reason to work together...a death-match lethal brawl might not be the best way to go, unless you're trying to kill the whole party.

Even experienced, combat-oriented, characters can get worn down and slaughtered pretty quickly in scenarios that are just straight up fights, over and over again.

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you have fucked up."

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <10-05-11/1631:19> »
Also keep in mind shadowrun's a pretty lethal game.  A mission that's nothing but straight up FPS-style shoot 'em up combat can be a lot of fun, sure, but to a group of players who are new to the rules, and a group of characters who aren't being given much reason to work together...a death-match lethal brawl might not be the best way to go, unless you're trying to kill the whole party.

Even experienced, combat-oriented, characters can get worn down and slaughtered pretty quickly in scenarios that are just straight up fights, over and over again.

Nice qoute.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #34 on: <10-05-11/1753:16> »
"If you're fighting dirty, you're doing it wrong.  You should be fighting in ways that make dirty look good by comparison."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <10-05-11/1756:28> »
Like Han Solo? XD

Who's scruffy lookin?!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #36 on: <10-06-11/0135:27> »
"If you're fighting dirty, you're doing it wrong.  You should be fighting in ways that make dirty look good by comparison."

I've also been partial to : "I believe in preemptive strikes and parting shots"

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-06-11/0725:10> »

I've also been partial to : "I believe in preemptive strikes and parting shots"
The best defense is to never let the other guy attack.

Now whether you do that by overwhelming force, overwhelming diplomacy, overwhelming deception, overwhelming stealth, or anything else is up to you. But if he never attacks, you win.