NEWS

New campaign, advice on adventures for small stealthy group

• 17 Replies

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <12-07-18/0954:50> »
It looks like a 4th player might be joining our group in the near future. That might help a bit with the combats, and I think that means I'll be running Alphaware adventures or maybe short missions until he's ready to join us.

I ran some players new to Fifth Edition through the Alphaware adventures a few months ago, and shared a few tips in this post. Key takeaway: Google Earth is your friend.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <12-07-18/1114:58> »
It looks like a 4th player might be joining our group in the near future. That might help a bit with the combats, and I think that means I'll be running Alphaware adventures or maybe short missions until he's ready to join us.

I ran some players new to Fifth Edition through the Alphaware adventures a few months ago, and shared a few tips in this post. Key takeaway: Google Earth is your friend.
Thanks. That's some solid and helpful advice. I noticed that the map for "Going In" didn't remotely fit. Other than that, that seems like a nice adventure. I'm also considering "Milk Run". (I've already done "Food Fight"; "Stepping Up" and "Working the Streets" don't really appeal to me. Stepping Up might, but it seems the middle part of the adventure is missing.)

People in that thread don't seem to like Splintered State at all.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <12-07-18/1352:42> »
I came across this discussion on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/44tjqv/season_4_missions_to_sr5/

It has some interesting ideas about using Splintered State as the finale of the Season 4 Missions. Season 4 is mostly for SR4, and I'm not sure I want to convert them, but if I understand correctly, a few of them are in Sprawl Wilds for SR5. Maybe I can try those and finish with Splintered State. Apparently it shares a number of NPCs, and Splintered State with its high danger and high reward may be more suitable for a campaign finale than a starting adventure.

I don't think I'm going to convert Copycat Killer or Back in Business to SR5, so I guess I'll start with Manhunt. Does that sound sensible?