Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Mercy Merchant on <08-18-16/0215:10>

Title: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-18-16/0215:10>
Sunday  10 June 2075  2300  Pulse Nightclub  Seattle

The Pulse is hopping tonight.  The smart club is the happening place for many of the idle rich who want the feel of being a bit risky without really taking too many risks.  The bodies are all groomed and fit, comprising the beautiful social elite of Seattle.  The club's entrance is about a hundred people from the end of the line of young well dressed wannabes vying for some inside.  The girls that work the floor taking orders and delivering drinks are reputed to be clean and willing, the best sort of combination.  You are already inside, one of the chosen; a permanent private invitation from Grace, the somewhat flamboyant  manager of the club.  There is talk that she is really the owner but is operating under an assumed name to avoid some trouble.  You have been working the crowd for a couple of hours now and your evening's stock of your special brand of happiness is already down to less than a third of what you started with.

You are currently talking with a pair of pretty young things that obviously have more money than sense.  They are in the process of buying a couple of hits from you and one is giggling far too much to be sober, but the other is giving you an appraising glance as she hands over a credstick for you to slot for the purchase.  As her friend turns away the second one remains.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-18-16/0818:06>
The power of the Seductress is strong here as it is everywhere that pleasure and vice intermingle.  Doing my part to fuel that is thrilling and I always feel at home in places such as these.  The itch to do more has just begun and I ponder what else I might do to please my mistress.  Perhaps simply expanding my operations.  I'm sure Shelly could find plenty of people looking for cram or some sort of mental booster at the school where she takes night classes and this wouldn't be the first time she has dealt for me.  Corbin may have a market with those meatheads at the gym.  I will have to talk to them.

Perhaps she will point me toward new and more exotic pleasures.  This pretty one however is screaming to be taken advantage of, the unspoken request is plain on her face.  Who am I not to accept such a willing sacrifice.  I lean forward close enough to smell her, I wet my lips as I whisper to her just loud enough to be heard over the music.  Tell me, pet...is there something more you desire?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-18-16/2354:22>
The young woman standing in front of you is tall and slender.  Her long dark brown hair hangs down to the middle of her back and matches her eye color.  Her complexion is pale and flawless, perhaps helped a bit by a subtle use of make up.  She blinks twice before nodding.  "Yes.  I want something more.  I think that you want something more.  That woman I was with wanted more but could not see past the drugs she abuses to grasp it.  Can you?" 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-19-16/0729:51>
My face changes from a languid smile to pursed lips then finally a blank mask.  I glance at her out of the corner of my eyes and sigh.  Everyone wants something, but play coy and mysterious with someone else.  I'm going to my table.  You can come tell me what you want, or you know...not.

What a pathetic power play.  It's expected I suppose, women tend to like to pretend to be mysterious, so few actually are.  I steeple my fingers and look through the crowd.  If she is still watching I meet her gaze, nod and motion with me head for her to come join me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-19-16/0950:57>
The woman watches you walk away but says nothing to stop you.  Once at your table, a waitress swings by, a new girl you think, as you do not remember her face and you have been here long enough to know most of the permanent staff.  She asks if you would like a drink and takes your order.  While waiting, you look through your steepled fingers and see the slender woman watching you.  At your nod, she moves to your table, taking a seat.  Leaning forward she places the drugs she has just purchased from you on the table in front of you.  "Here, you may have these back.  I never use the stuff and have no need for them other than as a means to secure an introduction to you.  I did not mean to come off coy or mysterious, but it can be difficult to decide the best manner of approaching someone you wish to do business with.  Are you comfortable talking business here or would you prefer a quieter place?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-19-16/1159:58>
It should be private enough here, grave is kind enough to her regulars to let us know about the white noise generators she has installed at these tables, I say drawing up my hood to let the trodes connect me to my comlink and use my code to activate the device.  I lean back and observe the astral looking for any watchers and sizing up the girls aura and assensing what I can.

It doesn't appear anyone is watching us.  What business did you have in mind
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-20-16/1234:22>
There are some people interested in you, but it would appear to be a casual thing as the glances, both mundane and astral, wash over and past you without stopping long.  There is a touch on your hand as the girl opposite you reaches out with one of hers.  Suddenly, your astral eyes are opened a bit.  The aura of the girl in front of you changes from that of a normal mundane to something.............else, becoming a rippling mass of almost unformed, seething energy.  While you are watching, the undulating mass seems to stretch out tendrils of energy that gently caress the people nearby then retract, returning with something bright and leaving the others a tiny bit weaker, but not enough to be noticeable if you were not seeing it.  There is just a hint of something akin to a siren's call in the almost seductive way the energy moves, then the touch of her hand goes away, as does the vision, leaving you a bit breathless.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-20-16/1304:45>
Neat trick.  I say coolly.  While you've managed to intrigue me, I can't say that your little demonstration has made it any more compelling to work with you.  That said I'm still willing to listen to your offer.  This person may be some kind of magical threat.  I do not stop perceiving astrally, preferring to stay on guard.  I cast improved reflexes and sustain it while mentally calling for seductress to advise me.  I know I cannot trust to her whims to come at my beck and call, but it can't hurt to ask.

[spoiler]Increased reflexes force 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/428417): 8d6t5 3 +3 and 1d6
drain 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/428419): 10d6t5 4
That's no drain as I understand it, if I am incorrect please let me know.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-20-16/1515:47>
The other woman smiles.  "Good.  Very good.  I would be disappointed indeed if you were to just run away.  To business, then.  I represent an individual who provides similar services as yourself, but in a different market.  We wish to expand and I have been tasked with finding those who might be willing to get in on the ground floor of what could be a big thing.  I do not know who your supplier is, but would like to supplement your current flow of pleasure inducing substances and your market share.  I am good at enticing others to the right source and can bring you more customers than you currently have.  Your profits increase, as do those of the person I represent.  Does this interest you at all?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-20-16/1848:09>
I prefer to control the quality of my product.  My rep suffers if quality is not good and I can produce quite  a lot more than i can sell.  My current bottleneck is chemicals and customers.  I am interested though, but i'm afraid i'll need more details.  For instance, what product are you referring to?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-20-16/1909:43>
The girl reaches across the table and taps a long, pedicured finger on the packet of pills still in front of you.  "This sort of product.  You are indeed talented if you are making your own.  My partner can provide you with the chemicals and I can help with clients.  So, are you interested in expanding with us?  I could take you to meet my partner if you are and if it would help make up your mind."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-20-16/2137:24>
Sure.  I'll meet your guy but it sounds like buying supplies on credit and offering to sell for me.  So im not sure how that is going into business together but I will listen to your pitch.  Where shall we go to meet this person?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/0405:20>
The woman laughs.  "A bit paranoid, aren't you?  No credit involved if you like us and she likes you.  I will let her make the pitch, though.  I will take you there now, if you have the time.  Here."  She slides a credstick across the table to you.  "Take this to recompense you for any lost business while we are out.  I can give you a lift if you need one."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1255:43>
I take the credstick and pocket it.  Paranoid?  No, I'm just not seeing your angle.  Maybe your business associate can explain it better.

I have my own ride.  I'll follow you.  I get up to leave then motion that she should go first.  After you..

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1343:55>
The girl smiles and rises from the table.  She heads for the exit, making a quick stop to talk to the bartender and pass him something.  Outside, she heads to the parking lot and climbs into an old beater of a car.  You think it is on older model Americar, but it is rusted in places and badly dented.  The front bumper has been replaced by some sort of board.  She starts up and waits for you to indicate that you are ready.  Leaving the lot, it is not hard to follow her as her car does not seem possible to go more than the speed limit and she is careful to signal her turns well in advance.  Fortunately, all of the lights seem to be in your favor and you are able to stay close to her without being separated.

Soon enough, it is evident that you are headed to Chinatown.  Once at the large arched entrance, she pulls into a lot and parks the car, getting out and waiting for you.  "Ready?  It is not far.  The way can be a bit confusing but it should be alright if you stick close."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1354:59>
When she parks I pull up next to her astride the Mirage and remove my helmet.  I glance at the car then up at her, then back to the car and finally at her again.  With a dubious look I get off my bike and shake my head.  Your ride doesn't really inspire confidence that there is much profit in your operation.  So what do I call you and your...associate?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1404:47>
The girl laughs.  "It runs and is not likely to be stolen, and even if it is, it cost me less than a hundred nuyen so is cheap to replace.  Profits do not need to be visible.  My name is Glinda......I know, do I really look like a Glinda?  I think my parents were high on some of the drugs they were using when I was born.  My partner is named Sian.  And I apologize for the parlor trick back at the club.  Would it be too much to ask if you did not mention that to Sian?  She does not really approve of that sort of display and I really don't need to get a lecture from her."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1421:20>
While what you say is true, perception can be everything, particularly if you are trying to sell something, there is a time for moderation and a time for opulence.  Knowing when to use which is a part of the game.

Or perhaps they know me better than I thought they did, who sees through illusions better than an illusionist.  These people may bear some watching.

I suppose I can keep your secret, if you tell me what it was.  I have some hypotheses but I'm actually quite curious.

I motion again for her to lead the way.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1443:37>
Glinda grimaces and looks to the ground for a second, obviously embarrassed.  "I am afraid it was a bit of gratuitous showing off.  Something I have been cautioned about in the past and I really don't need to hear all of that again."

She begins walking toward the arched entrance, but swerves off to enter a narrow alley whose entry point seems to be artfully camouflaged to appear as part of the wall to a casual observer.  She walks with a comfortable pace, as if she has made the trip many times.  There are a number of turns and intersections and you can see how it might be easy to get confused and lost in the maze of passages.  Several times you have to step over or around someone laying on the ground and are not sure oif they are dead or simply sleeping off some drink or drug binge.  She makes one last turn and the alleyway open out onto a narrow street.  Glinda pauses and motions with her arm.  The Chinatown Barrens."

You might have dreamt that places like this exist, but the reality is a bit of a shock.  The "street" is little more than a wider alley, perhaps about ten feet from side to side.  The heady aroma of urine, unwashed bodies, vomit, and incense fills the air, almost causing you to choke.  People are walking on the street, going about some sort of life.  Others are prone or sitting against walls in various states of unconsciousness.  Most of the buildings are shells of what they once were, some so badly in need of repair that you cannot imagine that people live in them, but it seems that is the case.  Glinda points down the street and says, "Home is that way.  Please be careful where you step."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1529:37>
Showing off can be fun and who knows I might not even be here if it weren't for that display.  You are obviously Awakened, what you did did not seem like a spell but neither does it bring to mind any Awakened species, but I am no expert.  My instructor never considered that sort of thing to be that important.

I continue to engage in small talk pressing slightly for more information about her ability, but not so hard as to make her feel like I am interrogating her.

Lovely,  I say when she makes her declaration and nod at her when she says to watch my step.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1652:51>
"I was an embarrassment to my family but it does not matter much now as they are all dead.  I was awakened to a family and place who did not appreciate such things as magic.  I have never studied magic formally, so do not know what is normal for an instructor to cover.  We can talk about it at length sometime, if you are interested.  I confess to be wary of that at this juncture, due mostly to some poor prior experiences in giving out too much personal information."

As she steps onto the street, Glinda mutters a few words and her clothing changes its appearance to be in sync with the surroundings and waits to see if you do the same.  While walking, she gives you some information about the area you are moving through.  She points out which of the buildings are businesses and which are residences.  Some buildings are both.  All of the buildings are very near the ruin stage, although some do show signs of a bit of repair.  Most of the people tend to walk on the other side of the street, some even moving across the street as the two of you approach.  No one gives you a friendly glance, but some give you an odd look before shaking their heads and turning away.

A large Ork approaches you, apparently not bothered by your presence here.  He gives Glinda a slight bow and rumbles some words from a mouth distorted by too many fights.  "Sian says to meet her at the market."  The Ork gives you what can only be described as a leer.  He sniffs loudly, as if to get your scent then leaves without waiting for an answer, disappearing down the street. 

Glinda nods to herself and shrugs.  "Change of plans.  We are going to the market."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1715:16>
I haven't studied it "formally" either, my "spirit guide" taught me things she thought I would need to know is all.

It appears they rule by fear here.  It's one thing to be known as a badass, certainly a little notoriety can even be helpful but fear foments unrest.  Respect and even love leads to a certain level of devotion one cannot gain from fear alone and for that people must recognize you as a source of personal prosperity.  Something obviously lacking here.

Tell me about this place,  I say ignoring the Ork.  What makes this place so oppressive?  Gangs?  Corps?  Something other-wordly?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1758:10>
It takes about a half block before Glinda answers you.  "Oppressive?  yes, I suppose that is an accurate description of this place.  It is purely situational, I think.  I mean, the poverty is mostly because no one has much of anything.  No money, certainly, but no hope, no dreams, no real future either.  The dregs of society end up here, and I do not mean just gangers.  We have plenty of those, for sure, but they are rarely more than a nuisance and actually provide a good bit of the resources that keeps the people here alive.  No, I mean these are the people that lost everything to one cause or another; gambling, drink, drugs, something else.  Mostly some combination of those.  Many are slaves brought here from mainland China and other Asian countries, people tricked into giving all they have in hope of getting a better life here.  Sadly, most end up as sex slaves or laboring for different masters to work off an inflated and usually unreachable debt.  Many are descendants of such slaves and so know nowhere else and no different life.  It is a circle of despair and misery that just seems to enable itself to go on."

"I have never seen any evidence of any sort of corporation involvement here, but the Triads are all around us.  Mostly, though, the big boys are invisible, working through feeder gangs that are allied to one of the major three Triads."

She pauses in her talking for a bit, as if to gather her thoughts.  "Sian is.................different.  She is wonderful and terrible at the same time.  I know that must sound odd, but wait until you meet her.  She is generous here, but sometimes generosity is suspect.  Some fear her.  Some hate her and would rejoice if she left.  Some love her and would do anything she asks of them.  The last few respect her and try to see what she is doing.  I am one of the latter, although there is probably a bit more to it than just saying that.  Because I am her associate here, I am tarred with whatever emotion others feel for Sian.  She stays here and uses people like me to keep her informed of what is happening outside the Barrens."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/1822:02>
So just bone-crushing poverty then. 

A shadow-economy might do wonders here.  Black market goods, illicit drug factories, money laundering operations, just a few small projects could have enormous effect here employing a fraction of people in this way could sustain legitimate business and create a positive effect here.  If people knew who to thank for that prosperity that could be a very lucrative market.  Perhaps I'm getting a glimpse of Glinda and Sian's angle after all.  I can't wait to see what this market is like.

I suppose I might enjoy being in the business of hopes and dreams.  I can't wait to meet your boss.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/1942:44>
Glinda snickers.  "That is not normally the emotion most people have when going to meet Sian.  Refreshing, perhaps."

Glinda leads you down a couple of side streets that are no wider than the street you had used to enter the Barrens.  As you turn a corner, you see that the street opens up ahead, widening to the size of a normal plaza, perhaps seventy feet to a side.  It is hard to tell because the outer edges are not straight, being formed of buildings or parts of buildings and the mass of small structures masks the true dimensions.  This would be what you might imagine a street market to be, with people clamoring for the goods available and negotiating the purchase price.  A common coin would seem to be sex and you can see payments being made in several corners of the market.

Glinda heads directly across the plaza from where you entered, going toward where a woman seems to be standing in a circle of space devoid of others, except for a large Ork that might be the twin of the one you had seen earlier, if not the very same one.  Certainly, part of the void of people near her can be explained by the pair of huge Hell hounds that stand to either side of her.  They turn massive heads towards you as you approach and you can see the red glow in their eyes and see a bit of fine smoke coming from their nostrils.  The person between them can only really be described as a girl.  She finishes her transaction with the peddler in front of her and turns to look at you as the Ork reaches to pick up the parcel the merchant hands across.  In appearance, she seems to be no more than perhaps fifteen, but she has an air of............................of something not quite defined.  Something attracts you yet repels you at the same time.  Her clothing is only of slightly better quality than that of the people around her.  Glinda walks up to her and takes a position just to her side without saying a word.  The teen looks you up and down as if examining you in some fashion.  "Hello.  My name is Sian.  I understand yours to be Lizzie and hope that I may use that.  Would you care to walk with me a ways, Lizzie?  I want to show you something."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/2007:10>
Well, that's not something I typically get accused of, being normal, I respond lightly.

I observe her right back and her hounds as well checking astrally to see if they are truly hell hounds and if there is any astral link to Sian.  I don't expect Sian to have more than a mundane aura as her associate had clearly demonstrated proficiency with masking.

A pleasure to meet you, I say with a slight bow, it's china town after all I should at least attempt a little traditional etiquette even if my host does not. Lizzie is a handle I use, not my name but I think in this case it is appropriate.  Shall I call you Sian then?  It would be my pleasure to accompany you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-21-16/2327:44>
Your astral perception indicates that these are indeed Hell Hounds and that they are powerful in magic.  There is no astral link to the girl, who, as you suspected, appears to be mundane.  Neither Sian nor Glinda appear to be oriental.  Sian returns your bow.  "You may indeed call me Sian as it is my only name.  I sort of prefer Empress of the Universe, but that is more an aspiration than a reality."  That last part was said with a chuckle.  She looks at the Ork who simply bows to her and leaves.  She then looks back to you and holds out an arm for you to take.  "I would like to show you my little project.  I hope that you will agree to help me."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-21-16/2344:05>
Just the universe?  You should think bigger.  I think I like this girl already.  I take her arm and indicate my readiness.  Lead on.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-22-16/0041:06>
As you take her arm, she indicates the hounds at her side and says, "You should let them smell you.  I would not want our little partnership to end before it really begins."  You can feel the heat from the nostrils of both hounds as they sniff at your offered hand.  Sian laughs and starts walking, the hounds fan out so that one is walking on her left side and the other at your right.  Glinda follows behind you.  You get the same reception from people on the street that you experienced when walking with Glinda to get to the market.  No one really makes eye contact with you and many make some sort of furtive hand sign as they hurriedly cross the street to avoid her.  Or maybe to avoid the hounds, which do seem menacing.  You walk a bit and Sian talks to you, providing a bit of knowledge of the area you are passing through, much like Glinda had done. 

Finally, you reach an area that is......................different.  At first it is difficult to say what is different, but then it hits you.  The people do not seem to be avoiding you.  They do not cross the street to come closer, but they neither cross the street to go past you.  Most still make some sort of sign with their hand, but some actually make a very slight bow.  You also note that most of the people seem to be a bit better fed and dressed than the norm.  You pass a band of four large Orks led by a massive Troll.  This group gives the rough appearance of a KE patrol, but they do not bother anyone, even moving aside for an elderly woman using a cane.  The buildings are in slightly better repair.  Certainly, the differences are mere, but they are differences.  Sian stops in a small plaza that seems to mirror the one you had left a few minutes earlier.  The biggest differences here seem to be the varied types and quantities of goods and the fact that the people are paying with some sort of scrip other than sex.  Sian waves a hand in front of her and turns to you.  "My own portion of what I hope is paradise some day.  Look about you.  I imagine that a smart girl like you can see the differences between this place and the last.  It is small, but growing and I need help making it grow.  I use money we get from outside sales of drugs and..................other things.............to fund this.  It is slow going, but some people are seeing a slight improvement in their lives.  It is a sad reflection that I use horrible things like drugs to help the helpless and hopeless.  I would that it were otherwise, but I cannot just wave a hand and make it all better.  I offer jobs and productivity in exchange for a wage that can be used locally to purchase food and materials that are not available elsewhere down here except to those who hold the power.  I am talking of the crime lords that rule this Barrens with a fist of iron."  The young girl turns to look at you and you can see a strange sort of glow in her eyes as she talks.  "I have found a soul mate in Glinda.  Is there a chance that we have found another in you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-22-16/0816:57>
We do appear to have similar goals and methods if that makes us kindred spirits, I'm not so sure.  My question is what do you want from me and how can we mutually benefit from that?  As I understand it you want me to cook for you and you can increase my distribution.  You want me to sell you drugs at wholesale or are we partners in your schemes here?  I mean what's your business model look like.  I mostly deal in cram, bliss and eX but I can make pretty much anything with the right compounds.  I could even set up a lab here with full time cooks that I could oversee for you.  These other things would take a much more significant investment from you but I think we can do business, we just need to iron out the specifics neh?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-22-16/0940:36>
"I do like your style.  The drugs produced at the lab here are pretty much of the quality used here in the Barrens.  By that I mean low, so as to be affordable.  Unfortunately, the most common form of payment in the Barrens is in kind; labor, material, and most often sex.  This does not really provide me with the sort of money I need to make my program really succeed.  I would like to branch out and sell to the greater metropolis outside this district, but that means I need a better quality product and a distribution system.  Glinda has been searching for the right person to help us and we have decided to ask you if you are interested.  My vision would have you set up a drug lab to produce a quality product.  Once you have that working, you would take deliveries of your drugs and sell them.  Glinda would help by steering customers your way, customers that pay in cash money that we can use here to keep making the small improvements you see around you.  Now, I know that you are a businesswoman, not a philanthropist, so what sort of remuneration would entice you to partner with us?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-22-16/1015:54>
Well typical distribution models, what I do for the gang in my area for instance, is I sell the product at 80% of market value and you keep the profits.  If you want to set up a lab here with your chemicals and labor that I oversee I would be willing to sell it at 60% instead and your sellers could keep the 40% and your cut of that 40% would be up to you and could be used to fund the lab and your little community improvement project.  It will also in turn provide a source of income for the workers which in turn would increase the prosperity here as they would then also have disposable income, in a nice little feedback loop of capitalism.  This model only works well if you have a reasonable distribution network however.  I can easily over-produce my current needs with the set up I have now.  Also your initial investment would not be insignificant, the facility alone will run 50k to equip, but luckily the chemicals needed for basic pharmaceutical grade compounds are relatively cheap.  You want something exotic or custom made well we can cross that bridge if we come to it.

Also I have one rule...You do not cut my product.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-22-16/1057:16>
Sian turns to look at you, silent for a few moments as she takes in what you have said.  Finally, she nods.  "So I understand that if you make the product and I supply additional customers to you, you will keep 80% and I will get 20%, but that if I use a lab here to make the product, you will only keep 60%?  If that is correct, I can go for the second option and build a lab here.  However, that will take time and I would need to work out how to get this done down here.  Can you provide me a list of equipment that you would need and would you be willing to train people to do the work?  In the meantime, we can proceed with the first option.  I will provide you with more customers for the product you currently sell.  Glinda will work closely with you on that.  You would not mind working with her, I hope?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-22-16/1222:18>
Basically.  Think of it like an army or a pyramid scheme.  We are the generals.  I have people under me, you have people under you.  My people sell for me your people sell for you.  I'm not selling individual doses to your people I'm selling 100 doses.  Or maybe that guy has 5 people selling for him so he buys 500 doses and keeps a cut as he gives them each 100 doses to sell.  Layers of management and a system of distribution emerge.  I only sell at clubs to increase my base there, eventually someone will take over selling there.  What do you want to sell? 

I write up a list of the items needed for a chemistry facility, then a second list of the chemicals needed for production and send them to Glindas link.

The first list is the equipment needed the second list contains the chemicals needed to begin production, on the popular ones like cram bliss and ex.  I will need a portion of those in advance to get started on your initial order.  If you want other stuff I will need other things, though there is a crossover.  I can do BADs but that will maybe double your costs unless you wanted to do something basic like deepweed.

Training won't be an issue, the assistants will just be doing the grunt work and prep.  If you have any talent I might apprentice them.


Oh, and do your friends have names? I say indicating the hellhounds.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-23-16/0941:32>
Sian shrugs.  "As for what we sell and how, I am pretty much in your hands.  You will be our general in charge of that and can organize as you see best.  The same with what we sell.  The same with what we sell.  You have much more experience in that area than I do and I would defer to your judgement." 

Glinda receives your list and nods before looking over at Sian, who says, "Thank you.  We will get to work on these lists.  We do have people here that can make some of these.  Would you like to see the facility we use?  It is not much and would hardly qualify as your lab, but it is good enough for what is commonly used down here."  At your question, Sian kneels between the Hell Hounds, ruffing the inky fur of one then the other.  "These lovelies are my constant companions and have been with me a long time.  This one is Darius and this one Vilna."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-23-16/1005:00>
What you sell depends on your clientele.  The clubs people tend to want bliss and eX, maybe cram, students will want cram and cereprax, muscle heads will want steroids or ripper.  I'll hook you up with bliss, eX and cram and if you want others let me know.  Of course if you intend to enhance you goons there's always Woad and K-10 but that stuff is nasty and I wouldn't suggest it except for extreme measure.

No offense but I prefer to use my own set up and I have work space where I cook.  If you have the chemicals on hand I will be happy to take those to get started.  Would you like to place an order to get you started?

I kneel down in front of the hounds Hello Darius, hello Vilna.  Will they allow me to pet them?  Paraspecieis are fascinating.

(If allowed) I pet them briskly with a few who's a good boy/girl's then stand and say  Unless there is something more, I will pick up those chemicals and get started on your order.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-23-16/1019:36>
You are allowed to pet them.  The hair is surprisingly soft and their blood-red eyes watch you.  Sian stands and the interview seems to be over.  "Very well.  Glinda will take you to get the chemicals and will show you the way out of here.  Thank you for wanting to help and I am sure that we will do good business together."  Sian nods to you and walks off, a massive hound to either side of her.  Seeing her walk away, you are reminded of the incongruity of the conversation you have just had with a teenaged girl who walks with Hell Hounds. 

Glinda makes a noise and you turn to look at her smiling face.  She motions for you to come with you and takes you to a small building on the edge of the plaza.  Inside you find two skinny girls and a boy, all Chinese, working in a very rudimentary drug lab.  They are taking the most basic precautions to avoid exposure to the drugs, but that is about it.  Glinda gets you some supplies.  "I can get you more when you need it.  We will be working closely together over this.  Personally, I am glad that you have said you will work with us.  Are you ready to return to civilization or do you want to see more of this place?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-23-16/1046:51>
I turn to Glinda  with a huge grin, and giggle I just pet hell hounds.  The wonder of the sixth world almost makes up for all the other shit.

After gathering the supplies and seeing the lab I shake my head.  I hope you don't treat all your assets like this.  How many people have you killed or gotten sick in there?  There will be strict safety protocols at the lab.  I won't tolerate that kind of sloppiness in a facility I run, I hope you understand that.

Yeah get me back to my bike.  You got a map soft for this place or am I going to need an escort every time I come here?  Did you want to place an order or should I just cook up 100 doses or each to start with?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-24-16/0028:54>
Glinda nods at your comments about safety.  "Yes.  We do the best we can with what we have, mind you, but our knowledge is pretty skimpy.  To my knowledge, no working here has ever gotten sick from the dust, but we will accept any of your recommendations and do our best to put them into practice.  Here, let me help you carry some of that."

She helps carry some of the supplies out of the building and motions for you to walk with her.  "I am afraid a mapsoft will not do much good down here.  You must not have tried much with your 'link or you would have seen that the matrix connections are very weak and almost non-existent most of the time.  I would recommend contacting me for an escort when you want to come down, at least until you get more used to the way.  And the people.  Right now you are an outsider.  Suspect.  Of course, being with me or Sian does not really earn you a lot of points down here, either.  Some things just never change."  That last bit had been said in a very low voice, almost as if more to herself than to you.

Indeed, as you leave the area of the second plaza, you notice that the people you pass still avoid you.  Some even go inside buildings if that is the only way to keep out of your path.  "I think you do not really understand how little access to the outer city we have.  I do not have other sellers to take your product and pass it on.  Not yet, anyway.  My plan for now is to bring you clients.  You make your product and tell me where you will be and I will guide people to you.  Is that satisfactory?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-24-16/0755:57>
Why don't you just sell it yourself?  I will front you 100 doses of each since you supplied the chems I can do you this solid as a good will gesture for our future enterprise  When you need more you give me my cut and I'll set you up with another hundred doses.  Unless you are sending people to buy from me in bulk this is just going to waste my time.  I'm trying to spend less time slinging and more time cooking.  The whole idea is to widen distribution right?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-24-16/1002:17>
For the first time since you met her, Glinda looks a bit.................uncertain, and maybe a bit vulnerable.  She licks her lips and hesitates before answering.  "Yes.  I can do it that way.  It's just that I have, well, never really been out on my own like this.  Sian told me I need to experience some life outside the Barrens and gave me some tasks, most of which I accomplished when I found you.  I had not really thought out the next step.  But sure, I can try that.  I should be able to sell as easily as guiding people to you.  Sure.  When can you get me my first lot?"  The young woman actually sounds a bit like she is trying to convince herself.

Once back through the maze of alleys, she walks to where the two of you had parked and helps put the packages in your car.  "So, what is the next step?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-24-16/1029:16>
I will cook you up 100 doses of cram bliss and ex the street on that is 9k, remember this pharmaceutical grade.  When you want more you 7200 pay me.  Or we can go with a specific type if one sells faster.  We'll work that way until you set up a distribution network or can afford to pay me back and start taking bigger orders.  This stuff can proba ly sell a little higher than the normal prices since pharma is harder to get ahold of.  the product basically sells itself you just need to watch out for the law.  I can cook your first batch tonight.  I'll give you a call when its ready.

If you're worried you can hang with me tomorrow while I deal and see how it's done.

  Shelly, Corbin, meet me at my place.  I have some business opportunities for you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-25-16/0118:09>
It almost seems as if some sort of veil passes over her face and she straightens up a bit.  When she speaks, she is a bit more confident.  "Right.  Call me when you have the first batch ready and I will meet you to pick it up.  Anything more for tonight?"

>>Got it.  We'ii be there.<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-25-16/0743:08>
That...is entirely up to you pet,  I say with a near predatory look in my eyes.  Our business is concluded but there's always time for pleasure, if you are interested.

Whether she comes with or not I head home.  Home is the top floor of an apartment building in a nice part of the Redmond Barrens (If any part can be called nice that is).  Shelly, Corbin and I have taken over the entire third floor between our apartments and my work space.  We have also started a garden on the roof.  The local gang guards the place; they know who their sugar daddy is, so it's relatively safe.  My apartment is also my lodge, art as well as occult symbols decorate the walls in a tribute to indulgence.  Corbin and Shelly are here entertaining themselves, we each have free reign of the apartments though typically they congregate here unless entertaining privately.

Ohayo chums.  I have good news.  We've got some new partners!  They have provided some chemicals so that I can increase production.  You guys should check out your individual haunts and see if you have a market and you can start selling again...if you want.  Other than that how have you been doing?  I will also introduce Glinda if she came with.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-26-16/0225:04>
Glinda looks at you for a moment then smiles and nods.  "Yeeees.  Pleasure.  I could do with a bit of that, if you are really interested, and I do not mean the drugs we are peddling."

Her heap has changed a bit to something a bit more acceptable to you, exposing much less rust, but still something few real thieves would want to steal.  Glinda goes over to it and climbs in, following you to your apartment.  When you get out of your car, you notice that her clothes have changed yet again to be completely suitable for this part of the Barrens.  Corbin and Shelly are both waiting for you and seem not at all fazed by the new person.  They are both is a state of near undress, with Corbin lounging in pajama bottoms and Shelly wearing a robe that is just barely clinging together.  They nod as you make the introductions and Corbin rises to come kiss Glinda's hand.  Both of them give you a somewhat quizzical look.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-26-16/0718:24>
[spoiler]OOC: you keep saying car but I'm riding my bike.  I don't own a car...yet.[/spoiler]

Glinda these are my very good friends, Shelly and Corbin.  Glinda has provided us access to more of the supplies I needed to increase production and is going to be selling with us.  I hang my coat and bracers on the coat rack in the corner.  Are you two going to speak or just look at me weird?  This isn't the first time I've brought home a "friend".

After the introductions I unload the chemicals and show Glinda around  the work space.  This is where the magic happens.  Literally sometimes when I'm doing alchemy, I don't have any good formulas for that yet but I hope to utilize chemistry and alchemy together in new and exciting ways some day,  Would you like a drink I have a very tasty aqua vitae I've created, has a nice ginger flavor, or I have beer. 

I show Glinda around the lodge I stop at a piece of art to talk about it, placing a hand on her hip and drawing her next to me, explaining the feelings the piece evokes.  I release her as I move to another area drawing my fingers lightly across her back as I move away.  As I show her the altar I squeeze her shoulder gently, I continue touching and teasing as I finish showing her around ending at the only unopened door in the apartment.  ...and that is the bedroom,  I say looking into her eyes.  We can explore that a bit later if you'd like.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-26-16/1018:19>
Monday  11 June 2075  0330   Lizzie's Apartment  Seattle


Shelly laughs.  "I was just admiring the view, dear.  It has been a while since you brought such an interesting friend home.  Corbin nods in agreement.  "Much superior to your normal tastes.

Glinda blushes and seems grateful to be taken on the tour.  She makes no effort to move away as you touch and tease her, even returning some of the touches.  When you stop at the bedroom, she turns to you.  "I am very impressed.  Sian will be impressed.  You are perfect for what we want here.  Do your friends come with  you or what?  And their familiarity implies a certain closeness with each other and you, perhaps?  I would  like very much to see the bedroom when you want to show it to me, but I do not want to impose if you have other plans?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-26-16/1047:53>
They come with me in as far as we are a family and all that might entail.  They are not part of our deal however they are not chess pieces or bargaining chips.  They work for me and work with those I work with...if they want, nothing more.

But enough of business.  Relax, have fun, there is much to entertain yourself with here and anticipation whets the appetite.

I move toward her slowly We could watch some trid, I say taking her hands.  Listen to some music?  Closer still looking deep into her eyes.   Grab a ...snack. pressing her gently against the wall.  Engage in some light, petting.  I press my body against hers and steal a kiss.  Abruptly I break contacts and turn away from her and take two steps toward the couch.  I look back over my should at her and hold out my hand.  Whatever you wish.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-27-16/1141:41>
She smiles as you go through your bit of increasing the sexual tension, willingly letting you take the kiss and touch her body.  Her breathing quickens and her body reacts to your touch in a manner that tells you she is interested and aroused.  When you look back over your shoulder, her eyes are alight with an intensity that you are not sure you have seen before in others and you are drawn back a half step towards her before she shakes her head and smiles.  She walks to you and takes your hand.  "I want it all, just as you said.  I have too long been in that cesspool of humanity and am feeling free, which probably make me sound silly or pathetic.  Perhaps even both."

Accompanying you to the couch, she smiles at Shelly and Corbin and motions for them to join you on the couch, as it is big enough for four.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-27-16/1243:14>
No, it makes you sound normal.  Everyone needs to have fun, everyone needs a release,  I say drawing her to the couch. 

When she nods to Shelly and Corbin, I raise my eyebrows.  Feeling adventurous are we?  Shall we do body shots?  I must say Corbin has exquisite abs. I draw my fingers along the line of his muscles. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/0156:50>
Glinda has a pretty laugh and gives one now.  "Yes.  I would like to have fun.  Remember, though, that I am somewhat new to this sort of thing."  She blushes a bit.  "Well, not to sex, of course, but to this sort of adventure.  And I am only basically familiar with body shots, but willing to experiment."  Her eyes follow your finger as it strokes Corbin's bare abdomen.  Her breathing is a bit ragged and you can see her nipples poking against the material of her blouse in a sign of arousal.  Shelly giggles a bit and leans forward to place a hand on Glinda's knee, allowing her robe to gap a bit more and exposing quite a bit of her cleavage.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/0257:25>
Then I shall demonstrate.  Corbin...  I lay him down on the table and pour a shot of the vitae onto his abs, while he flexes to make a shallow pool for it to gather.  I slurp it up and suck on a lemon wedge to cut the the bite of the distilled ginger.  See?  Easy.  You try.

Again I pour and hold the lemon for Glinda, then Shelly gets a turn.  I take a swig of the vitae and pass it to Corbin with a kiss and stick a wedge in his mouth.

I pour Glinda a second shot but this time the lemon is in my lips and offer it to her as she comes up from her drink.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/0306:00>
Glinda hesitates for only a second then takes the lemon slice from your lips, allowing her lips to contact yours.  Her tongue plays about your lips before she sucks the wedge from them.  Shelly call next turn and removes the robe before laying on the table.  Glinda's eyes roam over the taut body of your friend and she smiles as you pour the liquid into Shelly's navel.  The new girls takes her time sucking the vitae from Shelly then takes her time again taking the lemon wedge from her mouth.  Corbin runs a hand along Glinda's flank, receiving a sound almost like a purr from her in response.  He looks at you and winks.  "We may have found a new playmate."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/0341:26>
I pull Glinda to me, cradling her with my strong arm and my other on her stomach.  I lean in for a kiss, teasing at first, noses brushing my parted lips inches from hers feinting with her as I caress her stomach slipping my hand inside her blouse.  As our lips meet my tongue darts and seeks a playmate and I cup her breast and run my thumb over her hardened nipples.

I take pull back and take a breath.  Well Glinda...do you like how we play?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/1021:38>
Glinda's body responds to your touch in a way that leaves you no doubts that she is aroused.  When you pull back, she takes a deep breath and nods.  "I do.  Very much.  It is all so very different.  But it is VERY arousing.  Will all of us be playing?"

Shelly sits up from where she is laying on the table and reaches out to begin unbuttoning Glinda's blouse.  "I hope so.  But I seem to be the only one here without any clothes on.  Let's see what we can do about that condition, eh?"

Corbin silently nods and slips his pajama bottoms off, revealing that he, too, is aroused then joins in helping Shelly while looking over at you.  For her part, Glinda shivers as the other two run their hands over her body and strip her of her clothes. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/1118:48>
I watch for a bit as they stroke and kiss each  other.  Oh my, Glinda you are so very greedy, I say playfully.  You said you want it all and you know what I am capable of.  Would you like a little magical stimulus, or would that make you uncomfortable?

I will use magic if she requests otherwise I undress and join in our little impromptu orgy.  I loose myself on the three of them both attending to their desires and demanding they fulfill mine until sated.

Afterwards after a few moments of resting entwined together I extricate myself and open my sight to the astral and begin gathering reagents.  I expect after that they should be rather potent.

Once complete I go to my workshop put on the chemsuit gasmask heavy apron and gloves and begin cooking.


[spoiler]Euphoria (if needed) force 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/431265): 8d6t5 4  ooh that's a good one
drain 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/431266): 10d6t5 2 bah, I use an edge to reroll misses, probably don't need to but ...
edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/431267): 8d6t5 2 no drain
reagent gathering (http://orokos.com/roll/431268): 8d6t5 3 1, unless you want to give me a bonus due to the, er "ritual"[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/1236:51>
Glinda nods and smiles as you call her her greedy, already returning the caresses from the other two people.  She laughs as she replies.  "Magic?  I do not mind a bit of magic as long as it helps.  It is up to you if you want to use it." 

Your euphoria spell seems to have a great effect, almost as if you were receiving aid or inspiration or whatever, and everyone gets deeply into the process of pleasuring all of the partners.  You cannot actually remember when you have enjoyed a sexual encounter so much or experienced as great a degree of sexual release.  Recovery afterwards takes longer than normal and it seems to be the same for the others, too.  As you wander the astral, you do indeed notice that the "ritual" has improved the quality of the reagents you can gather. 

As you begin cooking a batch of your drugs, you have to force yourself to keep focused on what you are doing.  Part of you wants to go back out to the living room and see if the others are awake and ready to continue the action.

[spoiler]The power of your spell is increased by two and you do not have to use edge to avoid drain.  You can also take a bonus of two to the reagent gathering.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/1317:25>
I open my sight to the astral during a pause in the cooking process and say I take it you approve?  I could feel your call to action but are you so powerful as to have set all this in motion.  I threw caution to the wind because it felt like you were telling me to do so and the rewards seem great but I know very little about this organization or its enemies.  I forsee danger ahead and would have you teach me what you think I should know for these trials.  I need a formula for healing alchemy, and perhaps something else that you might think I need.

I can only see the Seductress' lower half of her face smiling at me the rest of her concealed by shadow a tantalizing outline that suggests more to the imagination than anything real could offer.

I only think of immediate need.  I will focus on becoming more powerful after that.  Perhaps you could lead me to a magical group of like minded fellows.  I chuckle, or weak minded fellows.

I lean back against the  one of the counters keeping an eye on the boiling concoction in front of me and another on my mistress.  There are so many things I want, I barely know where to begin.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/1448:01>
The part of the Seductress' face that you can see laughs.  "In this case, I do not approve or disapprove, as that is not in my nature.  You are taking steps that will put you in either conflict with or working with things and realms I have little control over.  You many choose to remain in the place and at the power you are and go through life as you have been, but I think that your ambition drives you to something else.  Something powerful and perhaps controlling.  If this is so, I have already provided you with a link to a group of like-minded individuals.  What you do with that link is completely up to you.   Such is the nature of your kind; that you have such a range of free will.  I will consider your requests, but some things are available for you to grasp, if you are careful and if you are willing to pay the price."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/1620:15>
I'm willing to pay so long as the juice is worth the squeeze, as I always have.

After the chemistry is done we let the mixtures set.  Next will come the grinding, sifting, straining, measuring and encapsulating which is just grunt work.  While waiting on this I go out to my alter pausing to scratch the heads of my lovelies, old and new, lightly and wink at them if they look up from their rest.  I scratch absently at the alter tracing the grain of the dark gray marble, opening my mind to symbolism that might connect to the spell from esoteric to material.  I continue to do so until I have arrived at a conclusion or time to get to the grunt work of putting together this last batch of medicines.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/1643:41>
When you enter the room with the others, you note that Glinda is not in the body mix, but you do hear a shower running.  Moving to the altar, you run your hands across is and consider your words with the Seductress, barely noticing when Glinda pads into the room.  She is wearing a blouse that is mostly unbuttoned and barely conceals anything below the waist.  As she walks towards you, you notice that her movements are particularly alluring and seductive, almost mesmerizing.  She comes up to you and kisses you before she speaks, her tongue seeking yours before she backs off a foot or so.  "You have been a busy girl this morning.  I am afraid that we wore Shelly and Corbin out.  What are you doing, if it is not too impertinent to ask?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/1718:13>
I am... planning for the future.  I'm not so naive to think that allying myself with Sian will have no repercussions for me and we are playing a dangerous game.  I am preparing myself but I would know more about my allies... and my enemies.  I glance at her out of the corner of my eye.  I hope you will be more willing to discuss things sooner rather than later.  Expanding territory is a dangerous business, in the barrens dealing with the gangs is one thing.  The mafia and the Vory are the main players here, but they tend to stick to their own neighborhoods and I'm familiar with where I can expand into and where I can't.  Dealing with you and upsetting the status quo in the chinatown barrens, might bring down...what, the triads on us?  Where are you setting up shop, who are you stealing customers from.  My position for now is safe but once you build the facility, that's a game changer and I don't like playing a game I can't use the rules to my advantage.

I'm going to need power and I'm going to needs lots of it, and likely sooner than later.  I'm going to have to expand here and tie other gangs to me as well.  We are going to need muscle, guns... information.  You know any private armies for sale?

Hmm...that thing you did...  I turn to look at her.  You took something from those people.  It weakened them.  You will not use that on Shelly and Corbin, is that understood?  I don't care if it's temporary or even beneficial, but until I know exactly what it is and they understand as well, it will not be tolerated.

Friends are not a weakness,  I whisper, more to myself than anyone listening.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/1943:37>
Glinda looks at you without saying anything for a couple of minutes; long enough for you to wonder if she is going to say anything.  "Are you disappointed that I helped you with the euphoria?  I assumed that the others were already into sharing that sort of experience with you and would not mind.  The other thing, at the club, you mean?  Alright, I will agree to not use that on any of the three of you.  I do have several variations of that, most of which are painless, but all take something from others.  I can use it to redistribute what I took to others as well, so it does have a beneficial effect.  And I have never found friends to be a weakness, although I have known precious few people I would call friends."

"How fast are you planning on expanding, Lizzie?  The way she said your name sends shivers down your spine at how seductive it is, as if just saying your name means something special.  "Too fast too soon is dangerous, don't you think.  Without the infrastructure to build on, you are at risk of being unprepared for success as well as for others to try to take what you have.  I would think that a slower, better planned, approach would have a greater chance to succeed.  If you want something quick, you will need men, weapons, and money................lots of all three.  Sian and I cannot help much with any of that from where we work.  There are soldiers in the Chinatown Barrens that would be willing to work for you, perhaps even at a good cost.  But once they got out into the city, they would find out what they are really worth and their fees would increase.  Slow and steady buildup of a good war chest and planning for an expansion is better, to my way of thinking.  We can expand a bit and still remain under the notice of the big boys.  Perhaps you could refine the procedure and go to another gang and offer to distribute to them at a better rate than what they get now., then move in and take them over after you know what is going on.  I imagine that running a gang is far different from being a solo act, and that running a major syndicate is even more different.  And much more complicated.  Think on that."

"As to me on a personal level?  What do you want to know?  I might tell you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-28-16/2131:40>
The euphoria was you then?  I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure and I'm not concerned about them experiencing that.  I usually ask first, at least with anyone I respect.  I was referring to the club, you said you didn't know me well enough to tell me what it was before and you wouldn't tell me much about Sian except in the vaguest sense. 

That wasn't really meant for you.  My friends are...special to me and I love them dearly, but I fear for their safety, more so than my own at times, at least I've chosen to be where I am, and sometimes I feel that is a weakness.  I'm afraid I will draw them into something and I can't tell them to stay out of it because they would never consider it.  I look over at them a half smile on my face

I shake my head.  I've been scouting out neighborhoods next to us for a while now they aren't affiliated and they are cooking their own craptastic quality street meth and sitting here staring at my altar I think I may even know a way to tie them to me, I say fingers drumming across the tooled and polished surface.  Though the chances of my idea working out are rather low it could work as a long term con.

Other than that my rate of expansion will be mainly based on the profits from your endeavors since it is your area that I'm worried about drawing the wrong kind of attention to.  That notice at this juncture is basically nothing to me until you get your facility up and running, once that happens things will change very quickly.  For instance, did you know in the few hours I've been in there I've already cooked up the batch of chems for you, restocked my supplies for tonight including samples for the neighbors and have enough to get Shelly and Corbin started?  Granted I still need to do the grunt work, but with a facility and people trained to do the grunt work do you realize how much product we can make in a single day?  We aren't talking doses anymore, we aren't even talking ounces.  We are talking pounds of pharmaceutical grade drugs...daily.  That kind of production, is going to seriously piss off some people and I have no idea who I'm working with.

I need to know who you guys are and what you can bring to bear.  I understand your desire for caution.  I get it.  But I've got people on the line too and if lack of intel puts them in danger I will cut the legs out of this faster than you can blink.  Clearly you and Sian have some magic, formally educated or not it's clearly advanced.  Why don't you start by just telling me what you think you can trust me with thus far.  Maybe I'll tell you some of my secrets too.  We've got another hour before I go back in and finish up.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-28-16/2357:11>
Glinda looks at you with somber eyes then smiles.  "You have a point.  I will tell you a bit about me if you really want to know, but I need you to realize that once this is out between us it cannot go back in the box.  Are you sure it is important enough for you to know?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-29-16/0756:54>
After all that, do you really think I'm going to back off now?  I think you might be surprised at what I can accept and what I can't.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-29-16/1020:17>
Glinda smiles, but it does not seem to be a truly happy smile.  She reaches out and puts her hands on your temples and closes her eyes.  Suddenly, your mind is filled with a series of pictures, snippets in time as it were. 

Videos pass through your mind of a young girl living in a city of block houses, the style of dress is very foreign to you, as is the architecture.  The girl is very young, perhaps six or seven, and playing on a street in front of what looks like a stone building.  An older woman comes from inside and motions for the girl to come in. 

The girl is a bit older, but somehow you know she is the same one from the street.  She is standing at a fire and looking on as the older woman stirs a large pot and adds ingredients.  The girl is sent to fetch another tray of ingredients and you can see it is filled with herbs and what appears to be meats of different kinds.  The older woman seems to be giving instructions as the girl places small amounts of some of the ingredients in the pot, causing it to bubble and steam.

The girl is now about nineteen and working in the room in front of the fire.  She is setting aside ingredients from different pots that look like clay when a shadow indicates that someone has entered the room from behind her.  She looks around and you can see a young girl of about fifteen approaching her.  The second girl closely resembles Sian in her features. 

The two girls are apparently close friends, now living in a degree of luxury far above what the older girl had been living in.  Large rooms and servants could indicate that this is a mansion of sorts, and the deference paid to the younger girl might lead you to believe that she is the mistress of the house.  At times you see two huge mastiffs at the side of the younger girl.

The two girls have become lovers, but they share more than just themselves.  A series of videos shows them cavorting with other partners, sometimes parties of naked people moving from person to person.  You still cannot identify the location but the style of dress clearly indicates that it is not Seattle. 

The older girl is sick.  She is pale and bedridden and an older man is standing at the side of the bed talking to the younger girl and shaking his head.  After he leaves, the girl sends the other servants away and crawls into the bed of the sick girl.  She kisses her on the lips, which brings a smile to the older girl's face, then buries her face in the girl's neck.  The expression on the sick girl's face goes from startled to fearful to one of peace.  When Sian lifts her head form the other girl's neck you see blood around the mouth and tears on her face.

Both girls are running through the streets of the city.  Sian points out a man slumped over in an alley and the older girl moves to it and sinks her face to the man's neck, causing him to flop about in ever decreasing movements until he stops moving at all.

The pictures stop as Glinda removes her hands from your head and steps back.  "I think that is enough to get the idea across.  More might be too much.  Frag, what I have just shared might be too much.  So, is this where you go grab a stick and try to kill me with it or is this where you say you will work with me and keep my secret?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-29-16/1403:35>
I nod.  Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised to be honest.  I've suspected since the club.  I have questions... but not here.  Let's go into my bedroom.  I lead her into the bedroom then close and lock the door.  I take a seat on the bed and pat the spot next to me.  After she takes a seat I continue the conversation quietly.

So, vampire then?  I actually know a bit about HMHVV Corbin Shelly and I had a run in with ghouls when we were younger.  They were monsters, hunted us for months, killed friends right in front of us, held us in cages.  They would have killed us had I not Awakened when I did.  So you don't mention this to them they not see the difference.  I do not like keeping secrets from them but I will guarantee it stays between us, if I decide to tell them.

Do you have a blood lust like they did?  Do you have to kill when you feed?  Like does the blood have to be fresh or could you survive off of donated blood for instance?  Is it just you and Sian or are there other?  Well of course there are others...I mean like in your group.

Wait... sorry, I'm babbling... like I said I have questions but first let's separate fact from fiction.  This is an Awakened virus right?  We just exchanged bodily fluids, are we infected or is there more to it than that?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-30-16/0121:26>
Glinda laughs softly.  "I am pretty sure that I am not an HMHVV vampire, or if I am, it is a far different strain.  I was born in 327 A.D. in a country far from here.  I did have a blood lust when I was first reborn.  That lasted years, but over time I have grown to be able to control that.  I still need blood, but can get it from various sources.  Straight from the body is still the best and a little can go a long way, but I can also use blood from blood banks if it is not too old, and dealing with street clinics has proven to be a good source of blood.  The fresher, the better and the less I need.  I prefer to feed without killing.  I can eat normal food and can even drink some alcohol, but my real nourishment is blood."

"I cannot infect you with what I have through sex.  That seems to be a particular side effect of the current HMHVV strain.  For me to turn you, I would need to drain you of your blood and then help you with a rebirth.  It is a very painful procedure to begin with, but the ending is pure ecstasy, just before dying.  The rebirth is absolutely horrid and I have heard that most new vampires do not survive the first few days.  As for us, we try to keep our group very small.  There were two others long ago, but our male partner was killed and our younger sister left us.  There are others besides us, but I have not seen any of them for several centuries, although I have heard a rumor of one like us in Denver and another in New Orleans."

She puts a hand out and runs a finger down your side.  "You have not immediately drawn away, which is promising.  Do you have other questions?"

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-30-16/0835:11>
Why would I...Clearly you do not intend to harm me or my friends.  If you meant to do that you have had a hundred better opportunities than in my lodge where I am the most dangerous. 

Your skills with magic, are they vampiric or are they learned?  Are you two part of an initiatory group for instance?  Can you explain more of what you did at the club?

I'm sure I will have more questions but I need to process this information.  Like I said, you might be surprised at what I can accept.  I am not afraid of you but I've been wary from the start, this has gone a long way to putting my mind at ease.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-30-16/0944:57>
"Part of my magic comes from being a vampire, yes, but much is just from learning the old fashioned way.  I suppose that we could be part of an initiation circle, but why, are you in need of one?"

"Hmmmm.  The club, yes.  I am still sorry that I was showing off.  I was siphoning some of the energy away from people.  This has two major effects; first, it temporarily gives me their energy, and second, it makes them easier to control, more susceptible to my suggestions.  Suggestions like "come buy drugs from this woman".  Without training, it can be a very dangerous spell, as it is possible to take more and more energy until they.........well..........until they die.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-30-16/1141:52>
If it were only about what I need, I wouldn't have taken the deal from you.  There are things I want and magic is a very large part of that.  Finding like minded sorts is always a challenge.  I figured Corbin and I could offer to teach the gangers who had the talent, but that is a pipe dream at the moment.

I won't jump into anything at this moment.  But so far you two seem to fit the criteria.  What sort of tradition do you follow?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <08-31-16/0022:54>
Glinda looks a bit confused.  [color-blue]"Tradition?  I am not sure that I follow you.  What do you mean by that?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <08-31-16/0805:40>
[spoiler]OOC: Is this something that doesn't translate into IC information?  I've always played this as common knowledge.[/spoiler]

Like Hermeticism, Shamanism, Voodoo, Islamic, Theurgy.  What sort of symbolism do you use for your magic?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-01-16/0152:46>
Glinda still looks puzzled.  "I am afraid I still do not understand.  I am afraid that I do not use symbolism.  I just reach out and grasp the strands of magic that exist everywhere and mold them to my needs.  Here, let me show you.  Can you see the astral?  I can meet you there."  The woman looks at you and waits.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-01-16/0722:58>
I begin to astrally perceive curious as to what glinda has to show me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-02-16/0132:06>
When you peer into the astral, you see Glinda waiting for you.  She smiles and holds out her arms and moves them about, then offers you her right arm.  "Welcome.  Will you walk with me a bit?  Please try to hold on to some part of me."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-02-16/0741:42>
I take a seat and project fully.  I grab my weapon focus and take her hand.  Okay then.  Are we going somewhere?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-02-16/1013:33>
Glinda nods.  "Yes.  We should be back before your.....our.....friends wake."  She begins walking and the two of you eat up the distance, finally coming to a stop at the edge of a swirling...............something.  For the sake of reference, it looks sort of like a pool of water, mostly because it is a deep blue in color.  Glinda points to the pool from a short distance away and says, "This is about as close as we should go, I would think.  That pool is a node of power.  They exist all over the astral.  Some are very small, like this one, and a few are very large.  I have seen a few that are only a couple of feet across.  These are the centers of magic power.  I am going to let go of your hand for a few seconds, so please do not wander closer to the node."

She drops your hand and her clothing changes several times over the space of about a minute.  Then she holds out a hand for you to take and does it again.  The last time, you notice something odd; a small tentacle of blue erupts from the pond in front of you and moves very quickly to Glinda.  The effect is almost as if there is a glowing blue cord attached to her.  After she finishes the change, the cord flows back to the pool.  Glinda looks at you and smiles.  "That is my symbolism, my source of magic.  I can take hold of and manipulate the strands of power to fuel my spells.  That is why I do not really understand your terms about traditions.  But I would like to learn if you would teach me.  If there is one thing I have learned in my long life since I was reborn, it is that I know very little about so many things and would like to learn more.  Do you think that you could teach me?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-02-16/1321:57>
I'm not much of a teacher, but I'll explain what I know.  Mechanically what you do isn't really any different from what we all do.  Traditions are more about how you approach you magic, to an outside observer there is functionally no real difference from what you do and what I do.  It has more to do with how you understand your connection with the magic and how you visualize it taking shape.  Hermetics see magic as a science.  Certain arcane symbols and strict formulae are how they achieve their desired effects.  For others it is prayers and catechisms.  I express through art and force of personality, and emotion, similar to shamanism but I focus more on gratuity and pleasure, more of a sensuous art than a spiritual frenzy.

When you grab the strands what do you visualize?  How do you tell the mana what to do?  Do you demand it to fulfill your desire.  Do you bargain with it?  Funnel it through a specific pattern you visualize...?   
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-03-16/1216:14>
Glinda laughs and shakes her head.  "Can you believe that I am still learning how to use it?  Basically, I manipulate the power to do what I wish, but there are some laws that must be obeyed.  It might appear that I have control over what I do, but that is an illusion in itself.  Manipulating power is inherently risky and bad things can happen if I try to do too much because power apparently does not like being manipulated and will try to subvert my desire.  I could tell stories of my early days and trying even the most basic of spells, but we can do that another time."  She gets a sort of faraway look in her eyes as she continues.  "The power is addictive and we could be absorbed into it if we are not strong.  It preys on the mind, tempting me to just walk into one of the pools and let myself become part of it.  No more worries, no more regrets, and believe me, I have lots to regret.  Anyway,, let me get you back to the astral plane so that we can get back to our bodies.  Do you have any questions before we leave?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-03-16/1229:40>
Wait...This isn't the Astral Plane?  Where are we?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-04-16/0123:49>
Glinda chuckles.  "No, dear, we are not on the astral plane.  The astral is like a gateway to other planes and other places.  This is a realm of power, the place where I draw my magic from.  It is inherently much more dangerous that the astral plane.  I am doing my best to shield you from its draw and am feeling a bit tired, which means we have stayed here long enough."

She turns to walk away and leads you some distance before she lets go of your hand.  "Here we are.  You go first so I know that you have not been called back there and I will follow in a few seconds."  Her voice seems to take on a bit of................something................that disturbs you.  Her shoulders sag just a bit and her eyes again have that far away look in them as she takes a step back along the path.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-04-16/0130:46>
No.  I say, taking her hand  Snap out of it.  We will go back together.  Come on.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-04-16/0305:04>
Glinda seems to focus a bit when you take hold of her hands, which seem quite cool to the touch.  She takes another step backwards then shakes her head and smiles at you.  "What did you say?  Oh, yes, we should leave.  Our bodies are right here."

You find yourself back in your room.  Glinda is balancing against a wall and moves a bit shakily to a chair to sit down.  "Thank you.  I could have resisted that...................maybe.  What a fragging sorry end to such a long life.  I owe you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-04-16/1119:24>
You okay?  Maybe you shouldn't go there anymore.  I don't think a suicidal vampire will make a good ally...or friend.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-04-16/1331:22>
She shakes her head and holds up a hand.  "Definitely not suicidal.  I was shielding both of us from the draw, which took a bit more from me than I had thought it would.  I almost never go there, but wanted to show you my "tradition", if that is what it is.  I can reach the power from here just as easily and without the risk.  At least there is no risk now.  The early years learning magic were hard and I struggled to avoid getting addicted to the power.  It does take getting used to, sort of like I was after my rebirth.  It took a long time to be able to control the hunger for blood and I had to be restrained to keep me from killing anyone in sight.  It was a horrible time and was very difficult even after Sian removed the chains and allowed me to walk about the house."

"But, yes, this was hard and I thank you for taking my hand and reminding me that I needed to come back.  So, what do you think?  Still partners?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-04-16/1419:37>
Oh, of course.  I... didn't think you were still in doubt about that.  I thought I was pretty clear.

You aren't the only one with a dark history you know.  You've killed people.  So what?  So have I and you may find my stories more troubling than any superstitious fear of the dark that colors vampires in folk legends.  Vampires aren't really that different than any other Awakened critter.  Honestly if anything that's made you and Sian that much more interesting. 

Seriously, you act like this is some gothic tragedy.  I say laughing, but sober quickly.  I'm sorry, that was maybe a little insensitive.  I don't mean to make light of your condition, but have you looked around you lately?  Atrocity is an every day occurrence these days.  Corporations kill people in droves as sacrifice to their bottom line.  Spirits make corpses dance on strings and dedicate themselves to ending all life or infesting the planet with their offspring.  Ghouls literal and metaphorical butcher the living for food and organic materials so sell for profit.  In the grand scheme of things, what's a little blood.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-04-16/1606:02>
Glinda smiles then laughs.  "Well, that is putting a different perspective on things, yes.  So I am not so bad-ass, after all.  But, seriously, it is good to know that you are not afflicted with a superstitious fear of vampires.  Are you certain that your friends share your attitude?  If not, I would prefer this to be our secret, but tell them if you have too.  By the way, do they usually sleep this long after sex?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-04-16/1621:25>
They've seen the same horrors I have and I doubt that they hold to any kind of superstitions. we have very similar worldviews I think.  Like I said I don't like keeping secrets from them but you do not need to worry about them keeping your secret, I'll make sure of that.

I noticed I was a bit more fatigued than usual after sex too so I just let them sleep.  Let's go check on them.  I say patting her on the leg.

I leave the room and if they are still asleep I wake them softly.  Wake up sleepyheads.  If it's bedtime perhaps you should go to your beds.  I'm sure it's much more comfortable than my couch.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-04-16/1907:08>
Shelly and Corbin just seem to be a bit more tired than normal, but then the sex was quite a bit more than normal, so it is not too surprising that they are still a bit out if it.  They both come awake, sort of, and shamble off to their beds, nodding at Glinda as they pass her.  Shelly seems to be a bit more awake than Corbin and even manages to give Glinda an extended kiss and cops a feel of her tits.  "Hey.  Come on back to the bed a bit later and I will go another round with you when I fully wake up." 

Glinda makes a non-committal sound and watches as the other two head out of the room then turns to you.  "I like them.  Knowing you three could be a lot of fun but I do not wish to intrude on any sort of arrangement you already have, so tell me when I am about to cross some sort of personal line, right?  So, what now?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-04-16/1931:52>
The only boundary is consent and what we already talked about.  Do you have problems with sunlight?  I assume you do, but I don't really like to assume things, by my reckoning you have about an hour-ish before dawn.  You are, of course, welcome to stay here.  But I don't know if you trust me quite that much yet.  Personally I have a few more hours of processing to complete before I have your batch done and maybe another hour or two to finish up totally and I usually sleep through the day.  It's not pressing or anything.  It will keep if you'd like to do something else.

I'd offer to take you to bed, but I prefer the anticipation and enticement more than the actual act and if you have to leave soon we wouldn't have time for any fun.  I say pouting bringing my hand to her face and running my thumb gently across her bottom lip.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-05-16/0233:19>
Glinda opens her mouth and sucks your thumb inside, swirling her tongue around it, as a hand returns your facial caress.  "I am actually far less bothered by sunlight than you might think.  The only constant about my type of vampire is that what you know about us is probably not correct, or at least not completely correct."  She looks at you and smiles seductively.  "I do not have any place to go just now so could stay if you really want me to.  I like it here very much.  Could you use some help with your work?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-05-16/0419:07>
I love it when people offer to help.  This part is really quite boring.  I assume you can use a mortar and pestle?  I take Glinda into the laboratory and hand her the protective gear and put the rest of mine back on.  This part is actually quite easy it just takes a long time.

This one needs to be crushed into a fine powder, this one needs to be strained through this cloth and this one needs to be mixed with gelatin.  I say pointing at the batches one, two and three.  You start on the crushing and I'll get on the others.  The last one takes a little finesse to get the hang of and very precise measurements.  Once we've processed it then I will measure out the individual doses.  The cram we will make into tablets,  I prefer to do eX as a lozenge and the bliss will be a gel capsule.

Like I said, once I show you how everything is done, anyone can do this part.  The actual cooking is more of an exact science that has a rather steep learning curve.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-05-16/1400:44>
Glinda goes with you and puts the protective gear on, listening to your instructions.  She seems to be a fast learner and sets to with little supervision, taking care to do it exactly as you told her.  For a bit, there is little noise but for the two of you working and the job seems to move far quicker than if you were doing it yourself.  At times you look over at her and notice her long, slim fingers deftly working the mortar and pestle to grind the material into a fine powder.  her strokes are swift but sure and she moves with a grace that is part seductive without trying to be and part quite businesslike.

Before long, you are both finished with this section of the work.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-05-16/1428:13>
I laugh.   You are the first person I've ever seen make rubber gloves sexy.

The last part is measuring the dosage and adding  it to the capsulating mix and running them through the compressor.  I inspect the work and make sure the powders and granules are fairly even the put them on a scale and show her how to separate the amounts by removing them from the scale.  You want to be careful not to remove too much it's a pain to put it back on the scale.  It will probably happen a little, I still do it on occasion but you will want to keep that in mind.

I demonstrate a few times then observe her to make sure she's got the hang of it then get started on my mixtures, checking on her every once in a while.

See how quickly this goes with just one more person?  Now imagine this production on a scale of a facility with people who do two thirds to three quarters of the process.   Ten days worth of work could make a million dollars worth of product.  This is why drugs are such a big business, even the legal ones.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-05-16/1536:38>
She lifts her hands and looks at them before turning to you with a smile.  "Thanks.  You are actually the first person to ever say that to me."  She watches patiently as you describe the measuring process and demonstrate it for her.  It does not take you long to notice that she is very careful and conscientious in following your instructions to the letter.  Her movements are quick but precise and you do not see her make any mistakes in the times you come over to observe her technique.

"Yes, I do see how this could be better with more people doing this part of the work.  How many do you envisage we need to train to work in this plant we are going to build for us?  As you have said, we do not want to move so quickly that we get the big boys excited, but adding some product to what we sell will certainly bring in the cash needed to get the factory up and moving.  Sian is pleased, and so am I.  You will be a great help as a partner in this endeavor."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-05-16/1723:44>
I chuckle at her statement.  Do you wear rubber gloves often?

That depends on how fast you want to expand.  Well the facility wouldn't even be needed until you can start moving 300 doses a day.  I can keep up with that production by myself given access to the chemicals needed, we are doing not quite three times that.  I'm estimating about 800 doses here and I'm not exactly working at max capacity but I'm not going to work more than six hours a day, more than that is for suckers.

Once I get to just cooking in an actual facility and have people who can do this part, I think you could have ten to fifteen people working and if I apprentice someone with an aptitude we could nearly double that.  I think distribution will be the bottle neck at that point, provided you can acquire the chemicals.  Some of these are restricted and harder to get.

After measuring out the individual doses is complete I set up the compressors for the tablets and start the machine, then take the warmed gelatin molds and put them in coolers and take a cold wet towel from it.  Then off comes the protective gear, only underwear beneath.

Phew, I say. and start wiping the glistening sweat from my face and neck trying to cool myself.  I probably should have warned you the protective gear can get pretty warm even though this room is kept extra cool.  Do you feel heat and cold?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-05-16/2302:52>
Glinda laughs, "No, often, actually."  She listens to your ideas about the size of the crew needed, almost as if considering what sort of staffing they can get together.  When you strip off the protective gear she laughs again then begins to try to remove hers.  Unfortunately, she did not strip down and her clothes are matted to the overgarments.  She peels them off and you can pretty much see every curve outlined against the clothes plastered to her skin.  "Yes, you might have mentioned that.  Better, I should have been smart enough to think about that.  I think that this should answer your question, though.  Yes, I do feel heat and cold, although I am less affected by it that you might be.  In any case, I probably could use a shower."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-06-16/0008:08>
As she starts to undress I stop her and hand her my towel.  I pull her close and say, Why don't you let me get that?

I start to undress her slowly looking at her with a hungry smile.  After unbuttoning her shirt I put my hands inside cupping her breasts for a moment then push it off her shoulders entangling her arms behind her for a moment as I kiss her and nibble a moment on her bottom lip.  I let the blouse fall to the floor then run my hands up her back pressing against her as I remove her bra.  When finished removing her clothing I take her hand and lead her to the shower.  Once inside under the running water I say, Touch yourself.  Show me what turns you on.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-06-16/0155:46>
Glinda stops and lets you undress her, making a noise almost like a cat purring as you hold her close.  Your lip nibble elicits a low moan from her and she willingly follows you to the shower, standing close to you as the water runs over your bodies.  At your suggestion, she begins touching herself, stroking several points on her body that bring smiles and moans.  Her eyes stay on yours as she slowly works herself to a shuddering explosion under the water.  She is panting as she says, "Do you want to do the same, or would you like to practice on me what you have just seen?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-06-16/0757:49>
I turn my back on Glinda and guide her hands to my hips, slowly I draw them around to my stomach and up to my breasts.  I show her fingers the secret places that illicit low moans of pleasure.  Kiss my neck, I want to feel your body against mine.  After a few moments of showing her I let Glinda take over.  We trade back and forth until the hot water runs out then after a short respite to dry ourselves off I take her to my bed.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-06-16/0942:31>
At first, she stands close behind you and allows you to show her where to touch.  The feel of her lips on your neck is perhaps the most sensual thing you have ever felt.  If this was not an erogenous point before, it certainly is one with her.  "I can smell your blood running so close to your skin right here.  It pulses with every beat of your heart, calling to me.  That you would put such trust in me after knowing me for so short a time is precious."

Once in your bed, she starts off by facing you and retracing the places that bring you the greatest pleasure and allowing you to touch her and bring her to a climax before slipping around on the bed so that both of you can please each other.  The lovemaking starts off slow, allowing passion to build, but eventually climaxes in a rush as both of you release nearly at the same time.  Her body trembling, she turns around and lies down facing you again.  "That was amazing.  I hope I never get used to that."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-06-16/1041:37>
I chuckle, my finger tracing the outline of her breast, That bit about the blood was sort of creepy and kinda hot at the same time.  I didn't even think that might be a problem for you.  Like I said before, I have no reason to think that you would attack me, you've had plenty of chances to do that.  It didn't occur to me that it might be too much of a temptation for you.  That you might give in to the bloodlust you said you could control.

Let me know if that starts to happen.  While every gothic chick such as myself has had fantasies of being a vampire, I don't actually want to be one for realsies.  Don't get me wrong I would be thankful if I were in your shoes when Sian turned you, it would beat death any day of the week but I'm not going to volunteer to join the ranks of the undead.

I look at Glinda carefully weighing my words  From what you've shown me I don't think that this is a problem, but I find it best to keep these things in the open.  You do realize this is just us having fun right?  I enjoy having sex with you but this is not monogamous, I don't expect it from you and you won't get it from me.  I assume you and Sian are still lovers, though picturing that kinda makes me feel like an ephebophile, so I doubt this is news to you but I wanted to be clear so there are no hurt feelings down the road.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-06-16/1133:24>
Glinda laughs softly.  "No, I can control the hunger.  It was a temptation to just nip and taste, but that is not for now and I will not do that unless you ask me to.  As fro turning you?  No, you do not want that unless you have to and I would not do that to you.  The rebirth is incredibly painful and the hunger robs you of any coherent thought for a long time, sometimes years.  The length depends on you, but it is not a pleasant time, no matter how long.  Sian has told me that most new vampires die very soon after being reborn.  So, no, I will not be doing that."

"And this?  Yes, neither of us is monogamous and I do not expect you to feel that you should be.  I enjoy this very much and you are a terrific lover, but my feelings will not be hurt if you have other lovers."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-06-16/1146:18>
Good, on both counts.  You have my permission to try if I'm about to die or something and as far as tasting I think we need to talk more about...everything before I can consent to that.  I stifle a yawn before I continue.  And with that, I need some sleep.  You are welcome to stay if you want, but if you need to return to your coffin I understand, I say with a wink and a grin.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-07-16/0123:26>
Your last comment gets a wry grin and a chuckle from her and some words softly spoken in a language you do not think you have ever heard before.  Glinda puts an arm about you as you turn away and pulls you in close, placing her lips at the base of your neck and spooning into you.  Her breathing gets soft and regular and she appears to be asleep in moments, her body pressed to yours.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-07-16/0848:20>
After a good eight hours of sleep I get up, slip on a robe and put the kettle on for soykaf then go package up the doses that compressed and solidified while we played.  I message Corbin and Shelly's coms to let them know I had samples for them if they wanted to get started and separate out the samples for the gangs, Shelly, Corbin, Glinda and myself.

After that I drink my soykaf grab a bite to eat and scan the trid for news.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-08-16/0016:54>
Monday  11 June 2075   1815  Lizzie's Apartment  Seattle


The news feeds are all about the gang violence in the Redmond Barrens.  The stories are conflicting and even the official press releases seem to tell different stories.  One station's recap tells you that the various gangs of that district had decided to go all out at each other, leaving scores dead.  Several high ranking KE officers are interviewed and all give the same pap about how there is little they can do in such an area.  That the Barrens should be cleaned up and the gangs eliminated.  That perhaps this will convince city hall to give the KE free reign to move against them.  That..........

The news just keeps repeating this in endless vid and sounds bites as pundits from across the spectrum chime in with their own ideas of what is happening and why.  The only really known for sure is that the streets have been quiet for hours and that there are some places of extreme devastation.  Drone footage reveals an area of the Barrens that looks like a war zone.  Vehicles and bodies are scattered on streets and alleys as dazed residents wander about trying to make some sense of it all.

You feel a hand on your shoulder and Glinda walks into the view from the corner of your eye.  You had not heard her enter the room, but it is probably because you were concentrating on the news.  "Very sad, what happened early this morning.  The reports are pretty much lies and guesses, but the people will not care.  The world is changing Lizzie, and not for the better.  Something is coming.  Something Sian has felt for a long time, from even before I was turned.  Something she is afraid of.  She will not talk to me about it in any detail, but I know that she is afraid.  And in my book, anything that scares Sian is very frightening, indeed."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-08-16/0839:39>
People have been saying the apocalypse is nigh for over two thousand years.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Things always change, you either adapt or your die.

Your stuff is ready.  It's over there on the counter.  If you want to hang with me at pulse for a bit to get an idea of what you will be doing I'll be there around 11 o'clock though with your little display you probably won't be doing it quite the same as me.  I'm going to approach the neighbors about supplying them as well.  That might give you an idea of how to set up distribution.  I don't want to monopolize your time though.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-08-16/1004:13>
"Yes, for over two thousand years.  Maybe they are right and this is the time.  It does seem like the modern age is driving itself that way."

"I had originally seen myself as more bringing you additional clients as actually selling.  Do you think this way works better?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-08-16/1025:28>
Yes.  I don't just think so I know it.  It was the first problem I ran across when I started doing this.  We just cooked a batch that's worth over 20k.  You know how long it takes one person to sling that?  With your special technique you may be able to increase efficiency, but you'll be lucky to clear 2500 a night, working all night long.  Selling in bulk through a network of distribution is how you make money at this.  I really thought I was clear the last two times we've discussed this.  I understand you are nervous but I'm sure you can handle it.  Sian believes in you and so do I.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-09-16/0110:06>
"Thank you.  I will do my best to not let either of you down."  Glinda walks over to the counter to pick her parcel up and looks around as Shelly and Corbin walk into the room.  "Good evening, you two.  Lizzie has it all ready for us.  So, I guess the plan is to each take our share and pick a market?  Will you tell me where you are working from so I do not work the same area?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-09-16/0843:44>
Shelly take night classes at the community college and Corbin works out at a gym, what's it called?  I call over to him.   If they plan on operating other places you will have to ask them.  I've already told you my plans.  Do you have an idea where you would like to start.  Clubs and bars are typically good business.  There's often a lot of drug seekers at hospitals but the security is tighter.

Did you want to join me for ideas or are you eager to strike out on your own?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-11-16/0210:59>
Glinda smiles.  "No, I can go off on my own.  I do not want to be a drag on us and want to see what I can do.  This is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I can do well with people.  I can check back in with you later.  How long will you be at that club?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-11-16/0230:17>
You've got my com if you have questions.  I will probably be there a few hours unless something comes up.

What about you two?  I got you starter kits if you want to sell, you up for it?  Either way I could use some back up when I go visit the neighbors.  I don't expect any trouble but you can never tell with the gangs.  Would you two mind accompanying me?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-11-16/0816:14>
Both Shelly and Corbin hesitate long enough for Glinda to interject a comment.  "Do you expect trouble?  I can be pretty good in a scrap, if it comes to that." 

Both of the others look at her with some surprise etched on their faces.  Corbin actually snorts just a bit.  "I did not see a gun hidden on you anywhere."  Then his eyes get larger as he considers the options.  "Or are you some kind of awakened, too?"

Glinda nods and says.  "You could say that.  No problems, right?"

Both of your friends shake their heads, but give you an odd look.  Corbin then says, "Sure, we can go along if you like."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-11-16/1033:33>
Oh I doubt there will be any trouble, but it's not like gangers are known for their hospitality.  I'm sure I can keep the peace but a little show of force may be needed to facilitate matters.  You can come if you want Glinda, but like I said I don't want to monopolize your time.

Help yourselves to breakfast I'd like to leave within the hour.

I get dressed and chat for a while as everyone gets ready then we head out to meet with our southern neighbor with about 25 doses of cram and 5  of bliss and ex in case they want to try a few others.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-11-16/1335:00>
Monday  11 June 2075  1835  Lizzie's Apartment


Glinda gives you an odd look and smiles.  "Breakfast at this time of day?  How delicious.  We have worked and slept the day away.  I am hungry, though, and could eat an Ottoman mule.  However, I think that I will just go and meet up with you later."  She walks to and kisses each of you, whispering something in Shelly's ear.  She then walks to the door and turns to face everyone.  "This has been an amazing night and one I hope to repeat."

She smiles at everyone and leaves the apartment.  As one, your friends turn to you and Corbin voices their thoughts.  "OK, spill.  What is really going on?  She is super sexy and great in the sack, but where did you find her and just who the frag is she?  And what is an Ottoman mule?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-11-16/1347:17>
What?  I already told you.  She approached me at Pulse and had an opportunity for us.  She is connected to some people and we have entered into a partnership of sorts.  I cook for them and they set up distribution.  She has magic that I know for sure, but I'm also quite certain her group has some secrets, and I do love secrets.  She is their liaison more or less.  They work out of the Chinatown barrens and are interested in creating a manufacturing facility.  We are going to go slow to build up a war chest, we know we are going to eventually step on some toes so I'm am expanding here where it is safer until we can afford better security.  You know of course to tell no one of our alliance.  Did you have specific questions?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-11-16/2241:52>
Corbin holds up his hands as if to ward off a blow.  "Hey, nothing special.  It just seems a bit odd, that's all.  You know us, Liz.  We're with you all the way.  And we can keep our mouths shut, you know that.  Just curious about her." 

Ever the peacemaker, Shelly takes his arm and pulls him back a step.  "Alright, let's go visit some of the local gangers, er customers."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-12-16/0802:50>
I reach up and pat Corbin lightly on the face.  I'm curious too.  Keep your ear to the ground and let me know if you hear anything.  I doubt she is an open book, so very few people are.

Once we reach the next neighborhood I'll keep an eye out for gangers and approach a group offer then a few doses of cram in exchange for an intro to the gang leader or one of his lieutenants regarding a business venture.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-12-16/1042:52>
It is not hard to find a group of three toughs who will take your drugs.  One of them will step forward and say, "So, what you got?  And why should I not just take your pills and stuff you in that dumpster over there?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-12-16/1334:26>
I see for once my reputation does not proceed me.  I will give you two reasons.  The first is that my product is the bomb.  That is why I brought samples.  I am here to give them away so you taking them only keep the rest of your gang from enjoying them as well as the opportunity to get more.  The second reason is because I'm Lizze goddamn Borden and smart people know better than to fuck with me.

So tell me are you smart or stupid?

I cast improve reflexes while talking and ready another spell if he decides he's stupid.

[spoiler]Increased reflexes force 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/436184): 8d6t5 4 +4 2d6 for initiative, very nice.
drain 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/436186): 10d6t5 3
I'll burn an edge to reroll misses edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/436187): 7d6t5 4[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-13-16/0206:44>
The ganger does seem overly impressed by the mention of your name.  Perhaps he is new here.  However, he does not make any overtly hostile moves, either.  His eyes go from one of you to the next.  "Yeah, we'll see how solid your drek is, but ain't you three just a bit far from your fancy palaces?  You could just leave your bit of stuff with us and move on back home and we all forget you were ever here.  Or, you can walk on by and go see the boss with your offer.  But just remember, if he don't like it, you'll lose your drugs and most likely be passed around the gang for fun."

"But none of you are getting past here without a quick search for weapons.  So make your choice.......move on or get searched before seeing the boss."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-13-16/0814:39>
I sigh.  If you are worried about that why don't you just give me his code and I'll talk to him and let you pass along the  product..  I'm here to do biz but if you think we are going to disarm, you're mistaken.  If he has to meet in person, I will leave my weapon with my friends outside and meet him alone. I say impatiently.

If you guys don't want the stuff there are plenty of gangs out here that do.  I've heard about the nasty street cooked drek you guys call amphetamines, this stuff will make you fly brother.  You do not want to miss out.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-13-16/0943:25>
The thug grins.  It is not a nice grin.  "Sure, you can leave your weapon with your friends, but you still gonna be searched.  You are crazy if you think we are letting you get close to the boss with a weapon.  So, what's it to be?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-13-16/1131:22>
I believe that was one of the options I had already agreed to.  But not you.  I don't like you. Someone else gets to pat me down, you've lost that perk.  Let's get it over with shall we?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-14-16/0205:13>
The thug splutters a bit and looks like he is going to say something when a man steps from the shadows and says, "Seems she put you in your place, Seek.  Now back off."  The newcomer moves with the grace of a cat as he steps into the dim light.  He is a thin man, not quite the stereotypical street thug or go-ganger, yet his presence seems to have an immediate effect on the three gangers in front of you.  They all appear to be surprised to see him there, almost as it they had not known, and all move away from him.  He watches the three men as they take a couple of steps towards the street, but you are pretty sure that the thin man has a very good idea where you are standing. 

The leader of the three gangers gulps a bit then says, "Sure Jess.  We was just having a bit of fun.  Like it ain't the first time she has her boobs felt up."

"Perhaps, Seek.  But not by you tonight."  He turns to you and his lips smile without letting it touch his eyes.  "So, you have some new product that you want to show to us?  May I see a sample?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-14-16/0724:21>
Well, some talent.  I was afraid I was going to be stuck dealing with this cliche.  I toss him a dose.  Enjoy, that's pharmaceutical grade cram ten times better than the street meth I've seen some of your chuckleheads using.  Figured you all might be interested in an upgrade.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-14-16/0949:05>
The thin man deftly grabs what you toss at him and puts it in a pocket.  "I am sure that you will not mind if I have this examined.  So now I have two questions to ask you.  First, no one just gives stuff like this away, so what is your angle?  And, second, who are you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-14-16/1209:47>
Well if you are testing I have bliss and eX as well.  My angle is simple.  I give you samples of my product.  You are blown away by the difference in quality of the stuff you currently cook and you start buying from instead.  I hand him a dose of eX and bliss as well.

The deal doesn't have to be with your boss.  You look like you have enough pull to make the deal, provided that's allowed.

As for who I am...I'm your friendly neighborhood drug manufacturer looking for someone to distribute my product on your turf.  People call me Lizzie Borden, or just Lizzie.  If you haven't heard of me just ask around.  I'm sure someone will vouch for my professionalism and I'm sure your testing will show the quality of my product.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-15-16/0027:01>
The man takes the samples and nods.  "But an argument can be made that we already sell a product, even if it is inferior.  What would we have to pay you to get these super drugs and what would we have to charge people to make any profit.  In this neighborhood, you have to consider who the potential customers are.  If they cannot afford to pay what we have to charge to meet your prices, we have lost ground, not gained. "  He shrugs and gives you another of his pasted on smiles.  "But such decisions are not left to me.  I will take you to meet the boss and you can try to sell him on the plan."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-15-16/0752:32>
The argument loses it's teeth when you realize you may always have a market for your street cooked amphetamines but you will have plenty of customers willing to pay for that.  I'll make my pitch to your boss though.  Lead the way.  We follow him to their HQ and I hand over my sword to Corbin and put my hands on my head.  Have fun.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-16-16/0021:47>
The thin man looks you over and actually does smile.  "You got something, Miss.  Tell you what, if you sell the boss on this and still want me to feel you up, I will take you to the best club in town, wine and dine you, take you dancing, then take you to a nice hotel for the night and make love to you.  If you are in the mood.  You might like it so keep it in mind."

He motions for you to drop your arms and leads you into the building and through a room full of gangers who all seem to be staring at you.  A cute waitress comes up to him as he is walking, but he waves her away as he leads you to some stairs.  Two very large guys are guarding the stairs but they move apart as he approaches.  The man does not turn his head as he ascends the stairs and walks down a short hallway to a door.  He knocks and opens the door without waiting for an answer, ushering you into a large room that has been converted into an office.  A large man is sitting at a desk with the chair turned sideways to give better access to the blonde who is on her knees blowing him.  The man looks up and grimaces.  "Frag, Jess, what the frag you doing just barging in like that?"

"Lady here has an offer for you.  Give it some thought."  Turning to you, the thin man nods.  "I will be back in a few minutes.  Make your best pitch."

The girl on her knees pulls off the man, who takes her head and puts her back on him.  The thin man leaves the office and the other man looks at you.  "Well?  let's hear this offer.  Must be good if you impressed him with it."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-16-16/0139:21>
Well, I didn't really WANT to get felt up but I assumed you would want to pat me down and I figured I might as well enjoy myself.  I've got plans tonight, but maybe another time, I'll keep you in mind.  I imagine I'll be seeing you around.

I walk in like business as usual.  I've been dealing with gangs quite a while not much they do phases me anymore.  I nod at Jess as he leaves.  I lay out a handful of hits of cram and take a seat, cross my legs and lean back in the chair..

Did you want to finish up first, you seem to be enjoying yourself.  I'd hate to interrupt.  Seeing that he isn't interested in waiting to hear the offer I shrug and continue.  That...is pharmaceutical grade cram.  I have bliss and eX too.  I would like to supply you with these at wholesale prices and let you distribute them to your more discerning clients who might be interested and can afford higher quality drugs.  I would sell to you in bulk at 80% of street value and you have your people distribute and you keep the 20% or more if you want to mark up the prices a bit.

The samples are free of course as enticement to do business with me and to let you sample the quality of the product.  Jess has samples he said he was going to test.  I don't know how but I can assure you this is top shelf stuff.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-16-16/0249:47>
The man leans back in his chair and lifts a hand as he grunts and wheezes for a few seconds.  He pats the girl's head and she stands up, wiping at her chin before nodding at you and leaving the room.  There is an obvious sound of a zipper and the man swivels his chair to face you, putting his hands on the desk and smiling.  "Well, I could maybe be talked into something, depending on the quality of your goods and  if we can reach a fair distribution of profits."  He emphasizes the word "fair".  "So happens I do have some rollers that might be interested in some quality merchandise.  Have to wait on any deal until I get the stuff evaluated, but what is your idea of bulk?  And I think a cut of 70/30 is better."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-16-16/0848:48>
Well that's why I brought the samples, to let you evaluate.  80/20 is pretty standard and I haven't had any complaints.  If you can move more than 200 doses a day I could be convinced to go up to 75/25 though.  I figured 100 doses to start, or more if you think you can move it.  I didn't come here to rip you off my initial offer is quite fair.

[spoiler]Negotiations (http://orokos.com/roll/437237): 11d6t5 2 blech, I'll spend an edge to reroll misses
Negotiations (http://orokos.com/roll/437238): 9d6t5 2 pff oh well.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-16/0658:20>
"I am not too sure how fair your deal is.  You may be a hot shot cook, but we are taking all the risks of distributing the stuff.  And just how many fraggers do you think are onto this stuff?  200 doses a day is a lot of junk and it could saturate the market in this area quite quickly.  I am willing to go to 75/25, but only if you can throw in a bit of personal service."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-17-16/1039:48>
Holding my last spell for so long I find it easier to concentrate on the spell while splitting my attention.  I think I could probably keep a stronger one going now.  I will have to test this later. 

What risks?  This is the barrens you own the streets.  If anything this is an extra revenue stream that you can use to better equip your soldiers and solidify your position here.

What sort of personal service did you have in mind.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-16/1517:44>
The man laughs.  "I know that you are smarter than that, so do not play games with me.  I control a neighborhood, not the entire district.  I would like to control the district, but that would mean convincing a lot of gangers that I am stronger than the other bosses.  Or I could always just kill them, but that gets messy and complicated and the KE Jackboots take a dim view of that sort of thing.  My risk is in pushing the product into areas outside my immediate neighborhood.  I am willing to risk my soldier's lives, but not for only 20%.  I will go as low as 25% if you take your clothes of and let me slot you right here.  Otherwise it is 30%.  Come on, when have you had a more lucrative few minutes on your back?  A bit of sex for 5% is a good deal.  And it helps build a bond between us."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-17-16/1802:58>
I laugh.  I'm not asking you to expand your influence.  I figured your boys might enjoy it or your more well-off neighbors.  You aren't risking anything you aren't already risking now you are just upgrading the quality of your merchandise.  My product could allow you to expand your influence but that has nothing to do with the deal.  If you want me to get you off I can do that but I have a better way than sex.    I cast euphoria on him.

OOC: force 4 euphoria on him.  I dont have access to the dice roller. I can either wait until I get home or I trust you to roll for me if you'd prefer.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-17-16/2257:12>
The man shakes his head and smiles, obviously pleased by the sensations affecting him through your spell.  He stands up and you can see that he had removed his pants for the ministrations of the blonde and has not put them back on, leaving his rather obvious arousal plain for you to see.  "I do like how you work and your arguments are a bit compelling.  Tell you what; if you come over here and let me do you against the desk, you got a deal for your 80%.  Perhaps we can renegotiate the deal as we become better friends."

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-18-16/0138:05>
Is that what you want?  I say, standing languidly.  I stride over to him and push him into a sitting position on his desk, straddle a leg and whisper in his ear, Just get your rocks off?

I lean over him and push him onto his back with my strong arm bringing my knee up to grind slowly into his groin not too hard but not too soft either.  Before he realizes it I've taken all his leverage and have him pinned against his desk. That's not how this works.  People line up to please me.  I am offering to let you in on the ground floor of a good deal.

My knee works him faster, his struggles futile even if they weren't half-assed as the pleasure rises up in him and my other hand twists a nipple through his shirt.  I whisper one last thing as he explodes against my leg.  Take it or leave it.  But I'm not your fucking whore.

I drop the euphoria and walk around behind his desk to find his pants and use them to clean my leathers, leaving him breathless on the desk.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-18-16/0234:21>
The gang boss is barely able to speak as you finish, but manages to croak out a few words.  "Holy drek!  You are some woman.  I like your style, but would have preferred a slightly different ending to this first time.  Perhaps we can do something a bit differently next time.  Alright, I will take your 20% for now and see if I want to negotiate that later.  When can I get delivery of the first batch?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-18-16/0438:02>
I can have you set up tomorrow.  What do you want and how much of it?  With a grimace I drop his soiled pants on the floor.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-18-16/1138:12>
"Set that up with Jess.  I.....I will leave that part of it up to him."  He licks his lips as he stares at you, as if he is mentally undressing you and imagining what you look like naked.  This was......different.  You should consider doing a bit more next time, but this was a good start to our relationship."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-18-16/1338:26>
Sure, I'll set that up with him then.  I go to leave as Jess is returning and he escorts me back to my people and places his order.  I return my sword to its rightful place and get on my bike before turning to Jess.  Your boss is an idiot, why does a man like you follow a fool like that?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-18-16/1355:55>
Jess gives you a slight smile.  "Yes, he is an idiot, but it serves my purposes right now to do as I do.  Are you making a better offer?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-18-16/1419:32>
I might another time.  I always keep my eyes open for talent. 

So you tested my little creations?  How much do you want to start with?    I give him my comcode.  Don't keep a girl waiting.

After he places his order we head home.  I link to Shelly and Corbin Ugh. I need a shower after that slime ball.  I am going to destroy that man.  Let me clean up and restock and we can hit the other gang and I'll let you two off the hook.  Thanks again for coming with.

After a shower and a change of clothes I restock and we head to the opposite side of the territory to talk to gang number two using the same process as the first one.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-18-16/1440:56>
Jess links you with an order and sets a delivery location, but does not say more than that at this time.

The shower is indeed refreshing after that experience.  After restocking, you make your way to the other side of the neighborhood and into the territory of a go-gang that rides a stretch of the highway near here.  As you walk the streets, you see lots of people going about their business, but no gangers hanging around. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-19-16/1028:16>
I ask around in the commercial areas, spreading a little nuyen around, about the gang, it's members and any hangouts they may know about.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-19-16/1046:20>
The gang calls themselves the Aces and it seems that most of them are currently out on a stretch of the nearby highway.  They apparently live in a ramshackle former warehouse just over there.  You are told that someone should be in if you really want to go there.  Four different people warn you to stay away from some razor girl named Jessie, who seems to be positioned quite high in the gang despite arriving not two months ago.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-19-16/1307:46>
We go check out the warehouse.  Shelly will have a drone give us intel on the defenses and approach openly but cautiously.  Once a guard comes to challenge us I will offer the same deal as I did to the gangers.  Samples of cram bliss and ex for an intro to whoever can make the deal.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-20-16/0003:49>
The warehouse appears to be part garage and part living space for the gang.  Shelly's drone puts an eye in the sky for you and what it sees on its sensors is routed to your internal 'link.  Two large garage bay doors are open to the evening air and you can hear the noises of a working garage even before you get to the front and some sort of metallic music competes with the banging of hammer on metal coming from inside.  The bright light streaming from the open doors means that you do not need the specialized drone sensors to see the three toughs hanging about outside the garage, smoking and sharing a brew.  That is perhaps not all they are sharing as you also note that a scantily clad young woman is curled into the arms of one of them, letting his hands massage a barely covered breast as she runs a hand down his thickly muscled arm.   

You are still a good thirty feet from the three when they straighten and the one with the girl sends her off down the street with a swat on her butt.  None of them make any more threatening gesture than spreading apart, but you can tell that they seem to be alert to your coming.  By the time you get to fifteen feet, one will raise a hand.  "That be fragging far enough for now, friends.  What business do you have in Aces territory?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-20-16/0822:51>
I come bearing gifts.  Perhaps a business deal.  I have product samples for you and your gang.  All I want is an intro to either your boss or someone high enough up the chain to make a deal for distributing this product.  I show off the pills.  Care to try some?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-20-16/1000:33>
One of the toughs takes a step closer to you but the one who had spoken earlier puts out a hand to stop him.  "Hey.  You want your guts strung up on that wall there.  You know what Jessie said."

The thug stops moving but snarls at the other one.  "Yeah.  I remember.  I also remember what it was like before her.  Lots more fun."

"But now we are making some serious nuyen."  He turns back to you.  "You have to talk to the boss about that and the rest of the gang is out right now.  There is a bar just across the street where you can wait.  Probably about an hour."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-20-16/1025:50>
Sure I can wait.  What did Jessie say?  You can't take presents?  I have plenty of samples and they are for everyone.  I'll still have plenty to show your boss.  I offer one last time then head to the bar to wait for the boss.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-21-16/0123:18>
"Nah, it has to do with drugs and drek like that.  Something along the lines of being gutted where we stand if we get fragged up on guard duty."

The bar is about half full of locals, most of whom are watching a skinny girl take her clothes off on a small stage.  Her dancing seems a bit..................well, uninteresting, but several men are tossing scrip on the stage in an attempt to buy a look at everything she has.  A cute waitress comes over to the the three of you, a serving tray in one hand and a smile on her face.  "What can I get you?  Booth or table.  Near the stage or something more private?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-21-16/0136:19>
Well then here...  For afterwards, send them my way when they get back if you wouldn't mind..

At the bar I indicate we would like a booth and order a round of drinks while we wait.  Shelly will keep an eye outside for when the gang gets back and I will peruse the astral while we wait and make small talk with my friends...maybe buy a lap dance for Corbin if anyone strikes his fancy.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-21-16/1011:38>
The cute waitress will lead you to a small booth that is off to one side.  You can still see the stage but are pretty much out of the way.  She shows you a small console that has several buttons.  One calls her if you need anything, another raises a sort of privacy screen that allows you to look out but keeps others from seeing in, and a third that brings up a selection of porn films on a small screen at the table.  She takes your orders and comes back with the drinks.  "You got here at the right time.  The local gang is off terrorizing the highway or this place would be jumping.  Actually, there seems to be less terrorizing and more order sine that new girl took over the gang a month or so back.  Anyway, have fun.  Call me if you need a second round or if you want some company for a bit.  I am available for about another twenty minutes, then I need to do my turn on the stage."  She smiles at all of you and leaves.

Corbin watches her go and whistles softly.  "Not the woman you brought home, but nice looking.  Can't wait to see her on the stage."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-21-16/1042:21>
Hmm, this may be good news or bad.  New management and more order is conducive to business, but it seems my intel is out of date and this Jessie girl is an unknown quantity, but I've dealt with unknown quantities before.

I nod at Corbin, she's cute.  I'll get you a lap dance when she's done on stage.

We watch for a bit and once the waitress is done on stage I call her over and buy Corbin a lap dance.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-22-16/0204:36>
The girl leaves and about twenty minutes later walks onto the stage from one of the wings and is introduced as Kandy and the DJ asks the crowd to show its appreciation as Kandy unwraps herself.  The girl is a different cut from the other three you have watched since entering the bar.  They wiggled against the pole and stripped down in the first song of a three song set, but Kandy dances, using the pole as a prop but not relying on it.  She also keeps most of her clothes on through the first song and is still not completely naked at the end of the second song.  The anticipation from the onlookers was clear as they tossed handfuls of scrip on the stage.  When she finally stripped off the last bit of clothing the whole place whooped and men surged to the stage to get a good look at her. 

She smiled brilliantly as she bent over to pick up the money and give the people the looks they had been waiting for.  After staying long enough to wind up the crowd for the next girl, Kandy leaves the stage and returns to walk the floor while serving drinks.  Most of the people do not seem to recognize her in the dim light, their eyes already focused on the girl that has just walked onto the stage.  Kandy comes to your booth and smiles at you as she asks if you need anything.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-22-16/0821:34>
Well done.  You have a much better stage presence that the other girls.  My friend here would like a lap dance...assuming you do that here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-22-16/0942:19>
Kandy nods.  "Of course we do that here.  25 if you are paying in scrip or 12 if nuyen.  Let me hit the button that sends up the privacy screen.  We don't want anything to distract the other customers from the stage."  She leans over and presses a button on the console and a shimmer appears in the air in front of the booth that allows you to see through it but keeps others from seeing in, or so you have been led to believe.  Another button and some music comes from the several speakers in the booth.  After getting paid,  Kandy stands in front of Corbin and begins to sway to the beat.  Even in this smaller area, you get the feeling that she has some dance experience as she twists and moves her arms to the rhythm.  As she begins teasing your friend, you can see that he is tenting in a show of how aroused he already is.  She slowly removes her clothes, exposing a very nice body a bit at a time, alternating that with either turning to place her well-formed ass against his hips and the bulge there or actually bending over to stroke him while her breasts are within range of his mouth.  She looks up at him during one of these interludes and says, "For 25 more you can touch."

Corbin gurgles out a yes and reaches up to fondle her as her hand goes out to you for payment. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-22-16/1030:55>
I give her 150 nuyen.  Well if we are allowed to touch I'm next and you can do my other friend after that.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-22-16/1037:09>
Kandy look amazed at the amount you are paying.  "Wow.  Alright, for that amount you can touch anywhere you like and I will fuck all three of you, if you like and are into that."  The expression on Corbin's face says that he could be very much into that and Shelly gives a low moan at the thought.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-22-16/1044:14>
Well...chop chop then.  Shelly keep an eye outside for our guests.  I let my friends enjoy and will accept petting and licking but I'm keeping my pants on.  The others can do as they want.  I'll do some reagent gathering afterward the meet too.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-23-16/0101:00>
Corbin clearly does not want to keep his pants on and lets Kandy do him expertly.  She has probably done this many times for clients but she makes it seem special.  Shelly comes back to the booth after Corbin stumbles out to relieve her and she, too, does not keep her pants on.  Kandy gives you a look and a smile and whispers to you that you can come visit her any time and she will take care of you.  Corbin pokes his head in and says that a bunch of bikes have just roared into the area and seem headed to the garage across the street.  Kandy nods, "That will be them.  Bunch of noisy bastards will be all over this place in about twenty minutes."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-23-16/0828:55>
Well good timing then pet.  We best make ready for a visit.  Send anyone looking for us over here would you?

You know I didn't mean you guys had to leave.  I just meant Shelly should keep an eye on the drone feed, but this works too.

I keep an eye on the door and watch for anyone who might be looking for us.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-24-16/1300:24>
Kandy smiles at all three of you, giving you a wistful look, and pushes the buttons to stop the music and cancel the screen.  She steps away from the booth and goes back to work on the floor.  Just then, there are loud noises as several men wearing gang jackets enter the club, headed for the stage area.  The girls on the floor yell and wave at them and the other patrons make room.  During the jubilation, a woman walks into the bar, accompanied by several more men.  They are quieter and from your vantage point you think that you see the locals, including the two large bouncers, move aside to give the group lots of space, even in a crowded room such as this is.  The girl has long, dark hair and you can see the handles of two swords poking up above her shoulders from her back.  She moves to a central location and stands, scanning the room then stops as she faces your booth.  Her face remains expressionless as she nods to her companions and sets off in your direction, leaving them to sit at a couple of tables where they can observe you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-24-16/1410:50>
Hi.  You must be Jessie.  I've heard good things about you.  Would you like a drink?  I order a round for everyone and turn back to Jessie grinning.  I have a business proposition for you.

I slide the packet of goodies over to Jessie and continue.  This is pharmaceutical grade cram mostly, there's some bliss and eX in there too to give you a sampling of the other things I can do, I find cram is my best seller though.  This is a gift to you, in exchange for listening to my proposal such as it is.

I would like to provide pharmaceuticals to you in bulk.  You can use them for whatever you want, sell to your gang, your more discerning clientelle, even expand your sphere of influence if you think you are able.  I will sell bulk to at 80% of street and you can keep the difference.  Are you interested?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-24-16/2304:02>
The woman does not smile but she does reach out and take the offered package.  "I like business deals that might benefit me.  Tell me more about these drugs and how much you can provide."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/0103:49>
I shrug.  My drugs speak for themselves.  Have them tested or try them out, that's what the samples are for, but it's top shelf stuff.  I can provide conservatively 1500 doses a week, though most people prefer to commit to something a bit smaller at first.  If you can move that much I will most certainly make you a priority though.  Though if you can move that much I would suggest coordinating with me so that my customers aren't stepping on each others toes.  Bad for business all around you know.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/0112:08>
The woman does smile at that, showing even, white teeth.  "No, I think that I will go for something smaller than 1500 at first.  Say 300?  Will you need the current price up front?  If so, I may have to start smaller until I can get the first ones sold.  Running a gang in the Barrens is not exactly a money tree, and my.......predecessor......was not particularly good with finances.  Or discipline.  Or just about anything that did not include riding a bike, drinking lots of whiskey, and laying whores, all of which he excelled at.  Even with him now out of the picture, it is taking time to get things organized here.  So, can I take the first shipment on spec and pay you as they sell?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/0124:45>
That type seems to be normal around here.  I don't know how people like that manage to stay in power.

Unless you have something you'd like to use as collateral until you are more liquid 300 seems a bit naive of me.  I could cut you a deal on 100 you pay half on delivery then you pay me in advance for each batch after that until you can afford to pay in full.  Does that work for you?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/0217:57>
The woman shrugs.  "Not much to use as collateral.  I will take these and have them analyzed and will randomly select a few samples from every batch you deliver to be tested.  I can get back to you tomorrow afternoon about accepting the deal or not.  I will accept your terms for now and will have a deposit ready for you if the deal is a go.  Good enough?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/0453:45>
I hand over my com code.  Sounds good.  I look forward to doing business with someone more...disciplined than usual.  Oh, and people call me Lizzie.

I head back to home territory with Shelly and Corbin and pick up my supplies for Pulse.  Thanks for the escort loves.  I'm heading to Pulse, you two have fun.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/1302:00>
Corbin smirks.  "Yeah.  Call me if you ever need an escort back to that bar."  As the three of you  split up, Shelly looks thoughtful.  "Did anyone else think those two were eerie?  I mean Jess and Jessie seemed so much alike to me.  Almost uncanny.  Anyway, luck to you tonight."

The pulse is hopping when you walk through the door; men and women filling the dance floor and most of the tables already occupied.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/1400:35>
Yeah I noticed that too Shelly.  Even their names were similar.  Perhaps they are part of some weird Jessie order, trained by a Jessie master in the ways of the fierce.  Even I groan at the pun, then laugh and wave as I leave for Pulse.

I set up at my regular table and watch the crowd for a bit.  The power of the Seductress is strong here as usual but something seems to have changed in the air.  I flex my magic muscles a bit and find that my overall strength has increased.  The seductress must be pleased.  I put in call to my Talismonger Red Eye Jill.

>>>Hey Jill, it's Lizzie.  Looking for a spell focus or two, big ones, would normally run 20k legit.<<< 

[spoiler]OOC not sure how you handle RP for magic ratings if it would be okay to just say  level 5 or it needs to be more esoteric.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/1517:38>
The seductress has indeed been pleased and you are not wrong about the changes you feel in yourself.  There is a bit more confidence in how you view your magic skills and you feel as if you are more powerful tonight than you were last night.  The crowd in the club goes about its normal life and you get a couple of your regulars come by with friends in tow, looking for what you can provide them.  In the middle of a deal with a girl who looks too young to be allowed in here but rich enough to have bribed someone, you get a message back from Jill.  >>Hey, good lookin'.  You want big ones I can get you big ones, but not if you need 'em tonight.  Can you swing by in a couple of days?  And if you could get 'em legit, you would.  My price is 24K, due to high overhead.<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/1753:19>
>>Thanks Sweets.  I need a health one mainly and illusion if you can find a second.  24K is fine you don't have to explain mark up to me.  See you in a few days then.  Buzz me if you get em early.<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/2155:38>
Within a couple of hours, most of your regulars have been to see you.  If anything the crowd seems to be a bit more alive tonight than in the past.  Perhaps it is the music from a new band, but you are not sure.  What you ARE sure about is that your normal load for the evening is probably not going to enough.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-25-16/2325:52>
I sell until I get close to out of stock then I call up Glinda to see how she's doing so far.    >>Evening pet.  I seem to be selling out at pulse awefully fast.  I may be leaving early unless someone wants to keep me company for a while...you could maybe make a little money at my table the way things are going today.  So want to be my arm candy for a bit?<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-25-16/2332:23>
The response is almost immediate.  >>Already done.  I can be there in a few. and would enjoy very much being your arm candy.<<

Indeed, within twenty minutes you see Glinda moving through the crowd as if it does not really exist.  Her eye catches yours and there is an almost electric surge through you as you see her eyes light up and her smile is both public and private at the same time.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-26-16/0826:12>
I greet Glinda with a lingering kiss.  Did I hear right?  You sold out already?  I was also successful.  I have two new clients myself.  I'm going to have to find someone to take over here soon too.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-26-16/0955:05>
The returned kiss is incredibly seductive and promising.  When you sit down, she takes a seat next to you and puts a hand on your knee under the table.  A waitress appears like magic and takes her drink order while asking if you need another.  When she is gone, Glinda turns to look at you.  "Yes.  I have distributed all of what you gave me.  It seems that we have both had very good success tonight."  She looks over at the sea of bodies on the dance floor.  "Do you dance?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-26-16/1728:39>
All three hundred?  In a single night?  Maybe I should come watch you do it to give me pointers.  I've never slung that in singles.  I figured that would last you a few days at least.  And you were worried!  See?  Damn... I'm going to have to double my batch... you willing to help again?

Sure I'll dance with you, though I prefer it slow.

I take her hand and lead her out to the dance floor.  I grab her hips and press close, writhe back and forth a few times.  Then I place her hands on my hips and raise an arm and get me groove on.

As an after thought  I shout to be heard over the din.   Do you think Sian would mind if we dropped by to see the puppies?  I want to give them some treats.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-27-16/0946:03>
"Oh.  Was I supposed to make them last?  I found it easy to influence people to buy them.  A subtle touch here and there and voila, I had customers bringing customers.  I think I will need to slow down a bit, though, when I go out again.  I attracted some attention and had to deal with a couple of thugs that wanted to horn in.  One is now distributing for me, but the others.......well, they are not."

She smiles as you take her to the dance floor.  She seems perfectly content to ignore the percussion beat and dances slowly with you.  Her hands on your hips brings back memories of her touch on your skin and the change in her breathing lets you think she is remembering that, too.  She laughs when you mention Sian and her hounds.  "You do understand that those Hell Hounds are not quite like others of their kind, right?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-27-16/1649:30>
I laugh.  Of course you weren't supposed to make them last.  I just didn't think it was possible to sling that much that fast.  Yeah you don't really want to draw too much attention to yourself especially before we've built up a war chest.

I figured they weren't based on what you showed me...I wasn't going to talk about that in public though.  Still, can we go see them?  I mean, if Sian isn't too busy of course.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-28-16/0109:35>
Glinda pulls you closer, that is if the milispace separating you could get any less.  "You want to go out there tonight?  We can if you want to.  When ?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-28-16/0800:56>
When we are done dancing I suppose.

My face is inches from her.  I look for her eyes to her lips then back to her eyes.  My slightly parted lips dance close to hers as I groove slowyly against her body.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-29-16/0127:25>
Glinda's eyes are mesmerizing, perhaps a bit disturbingly so.  You are dancing in your own little universe as people seem to just give you some space.  The dancing is incredibly sensuous and it is easy to tell that she is very much aroused.  She smiles a bit and even the smile is sensuous.  "Then you may have to say when that is, because I could do this with you for hours."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-29-16/0830:06>
After about an hour we stop and head to see the dogs I ride with Glinda so that we can talk, we can pick up my bike afterwards.  In the car we talk for a bit and pick up dog treats on the way.

So does Sian know that you told me?  I don't wants to get you in any trouble so I'll keep it hush-hush if you haven't.  Are Darius and Vilna the same dogs in the vision you showed me?  Do they have any preferred treats? 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-30-16/0158:42>
Glinda and you walk to the parking lot to pick up her car.  It is an Americar in much better condition than the one you have seen earlier.  It is well apportioned on the inside and starts without any of the expected resistance some of this brand of car are known for.  As she pulls out into traffic, she looks over at you to answer your questions.  "Sian knows I have told you.  I am sure that she expected me to and is happy that you do not feel the need to carry some sort of ridiculous-looking stick with you.  That does not mean, of course, that you should run off and tell everyone what I am.  At some point we need to put our trust in others and right now that is you.  We have been betrayed in the past and have had to relocate many times, but I would prefer to remain here for a bit, if you please."

"Darius and Vilna?  Yes, they are the same from the vision I shared with you.  It is enough to say that they are not your normal Hell Hounds.  They prefer human flesh for treats, but can be bribed with some soy-bacon strips.  They can be bought in almost any 'Shack and will get you some friends if you bring some for them."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <09-30-16/0840:25>
Yeah you don't really need to tell me to keep it quiet about that I understand the danger of bigotry and superstition.  Though that does raise a few questions, do things like religious icons bother you.  I imagine that's a superstition, what about water can you swim?

Human flesh huh?  Maybe I should have killed that idiot after all, I chuckle.  I'll keep that in mind if I have to kill someone.  Human flesh seriously?  I'd heard stories about zebra meat and other rare game, but that's a little disturbing to hear that they prefer my meat.  Did Sian turn them too somehow or ...something else?

I hope you don't mind all these questions, but you have to understand this is all pretty new and exciting for me.

We stop at a 'Shack and get some bacon flavored soy strips.  soy?  Are you sure they wouldn't prefer krill or myco-protein strips?  I shrug and get into the car.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <09-30-16/2215:12>
Glinda laughs.  "That is a lot of questions, but I like that you are interested.  DO not discount the power of religious icons, but some true vampires are less affected.  Like the sun, one gets less affected over time until it is just a slight irritation.  And yes, I can swim quite well, thank you, although holy water has a negative effect.  And, yes, human flesh.  They are pretty much carnivors and can eat almost any sort of meat, but they prefer human flesh.  I do not know how Sian came to have them as they were fixtures at the house when I first met her."

She nods at your question in the store.  "Soy strips are fine; it is the bacon flavor they like.  Of course, if you could find real bacon........."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-01-16/0123:49>
back in the car I follow up.  Well yeah but they weren't hell hounds before right.  Did they change with the world or did they change early like you two?

Once we reach the parking lot from last time I follow Glinda through the China town barrens.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-01-16/1336:20>
She laughs.  "I do not really know much about the hounds.  They have been with her since I first met her.  I never really asked her much about them.  I do know that they are fanatically loyal to her and virtually immortal, much like Sian and I."

When you reach the lot, she parks the car and leads you through the alleyways to the Chinatown Barrens, which has not changed any since your last visit.  The people on the street still seem to be afraid of you, moving to avoid you as you walk.  At least you do not have to worry about being mugged here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-02-16/0312:51>
I do my best to try and keep track of the path Glinda takes and see if I can tell whether we are heading to the market or our original destination from yesterday. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-02-16/1116:05>
It is very hard to keep track of the path Glinda uses through the veritable maze of connecting alleyways that lead to the Barrens.  At times you have to step across of around people involved in sex acts or doing drugs and you are not quite sure if some of the people are alive or just unconscious.  Once out in the slightly wider streets of the Barrens, you are pretty sure that you are not going to the market, but not truly certain until she stops in front of a ramshackle building and opens the door, ushering you inside. 

The room you enter is sort of what you might expect of what is typical in this part of of the sprawl; it is a wreck.  Certainly not what you might expect of a several hundred year old vampire with prodigious magical powers.The main room contains a couple of mismatched chairs and a sofa whose right end looks to be a hazard to sit on.  No electronics are visible.  The two Hell Hounds rise from the floor near a doorway that looks to lead to a hallway out of the room.  Their eyes are burning bright red as they sniff the air.  Glinda looks over at you.  "They smell the bacon.  You can carefully remove it and hold it out to them or place it on the floor, whichever you are brave enough to do."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-02-16/1616:31>
Hey sweeties, I say kneeling down in front of them.  Look what auntie Isla brought for you.

I hold out the treats for them in the palms of either hand.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-02-16/1956:19>
As you kneel and speak to the hounds, you hear a sharp intake of breath from Glinda.  The hounds come over, each standing taller than you are kneeling.  You can see smoke rising into the air from their nostrils as the lower their heads to sniff at your offering.  Their eyes are like burning embers as they focus on you and you detect a somewhat peculiar odor emanating from the hounds that is both enticing and...............frightening............at the same time.  Sian appears at the doorway and watches you.  "What did you say your name is?  I thought it was Lizzie.  Foolish me for not asking if that was a nickname or street name."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-02-16/2027:22>
I look up smiling at Sian  Oh?  I thought I mentioned that when we were introduced.  Lizzie is just a nickname I...earned.  I mostly use it for business it's a little more fitting you know Lizzie Borden took an axe etc. etc. 

But I'm just visiting my sweetums.  I add in that annoying voice you talk to your pets and babies in, putting my hands up higher for the hounds to take the treats.

Remember?  You wanted me to call you the Empress of the Universe.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-02-16/2047:19>
"Yes, well, I must have missed that.  Sorry.  Careful you don't lose a hand there."

The hounds sniff at your hands then long tongues snake out and take the snacks, transferring them to their mouths.  Sian laughs.  "Well, you are making friends.  Can I get you some coffee?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-02-16/2142:05>
There's nothing to apologize for.  Heck my friends hardly ever call me Isla anymore and they KNOW why people call me that.  I didn't much care for it at first, but it's grown on me.  I scratch their heads behind the ears, that spot that all dogs love and grin back up at Sian.

I would love some coffee, thank you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-02-16/2349:29>
'The kitchen is through here.  Please come with me."  The hounds apparently like the attention you are giving them, but the respond immediately when Sian makes a soft noise in her throat, returning to stand at the doorway Sian is near.  She reaches down to scratch at their heads then turns on her heal and disappears down the hallway. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-03-16/0802:10>
I follow Sian.  They're lovely and they clearly love you.  I understand you've had them quite some time.  Obviously they are special in some way, do you know how or was it simply their association with you that made them so?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-03-16/0936:04>
The kitchen appears to be every bit a ruin as the rest of the house.  Sian sets the coffee to brewing then goes to sit at a small table that has three rickety chairs that look like they are about to break at any moment.  She sits down on one and motions for you and Glinda to take the other two.  "Oh no, they were special long before I found them.  Or they found me.  I am still not certain which is true.  Why the interest in them?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-03-16/1007:05>
They are beautiful animals and I'm rather fascinated by para-critters.  That and  the fact they are over 2000 years old I'm surprised you even need to ask.  They let off an interesting scent earlier, is it some sort of pheremone.  Does it mean something?

I must confess I've always been more partial to cats myself but the loyalty canines show to their masters is quite endearing as well.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-03-16/1110:31>
Sian laughs.  "Perhaps Glinda has been telling you to much.  Oh well, yes, they are older than that and there is no canine-master relationship here.  I rescued them from.................something a long time ago and they have rewarded that with friendship, companionship, and loyalty ever since.  They are very special.  You are quite perceptive to pick up on the scent.  It means they like you, which is unsurprising since you bring them bribes, but it does go deeper than just the bacon flavoring.  They have accepted you, which is a good thing if we are going to be working together.  Ah, the coffee."

She stands and gets the pot, pouring coffee into three shipped mugs and setting them on the table.  "Sugar or cream?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-03-16/2145:13>
Perhaps master is too strong of a word.  They clearly recognize you as the Alpha.  I don't want to get Glinda into trouble.  I believe showing each other trust is a two way street and the foundation of relationships as a whole.  I trust you and Glinda as you have trusted me and Darius and Vilna trust me as i have shown trust in them.  I shrug as if this is obvious to anyone.

That depends, if it's plain old soy-caf I'll take it with sugar but if you are talking real coffee, well no need to cover up that flavor.

Speaking of trust, I have wrung a number of answers from Glinda here, is there anything you would like to know about me?  I don't mind sharing...and frankly I'm wondering how much homework they did before approaching me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-03-16/2158:54>
Sian chuckles.  "Yes, they see me as their alpha.  And do not worry over Glinda.  She is my strong hand and I have never been disappointed in her.  And I would never offer soycaf to a guest in my own home, so black it is."

Sian sips from the mug and sighs in contentment.  "That is good, if I say so myself.  I think the only thing I really need to know about you just now is how fast you are intending to move.  I think that Glinda got a bit ahead of herself and should slow down after tonight.  I have no real desire to get the attention of the major players until I am ready for that and I hope that is your goal as well."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-03-16/2228:26>
I've limited my expansion to the two groups I had been scouting out already.  I would have approached them soon if not today whether you had come to me or not.  I will monitor their activities for a bit, ingratiate myself into their ranks see what talent I can pull from it and reassess at that point.  I have been considering offering to train any awakened that might have the Talent, though I'm not much of an instructor, nor am I sure I have the patience for such a task.  It is tempting for other reasons, however.  Basically I'm focusing on solidifying my position where I am.  Even if these new gangs run afoul of a feeder gang for one of the big boys that I haven't heard about there is very little that will blow back on me and could even serve to tie them to me further in the long run.

I'm rather impressed with Glinda,  She may have over done it but she beat my slinging record by nearly 200%.  For her first day I really didn't expect her to break 3k even with her "uncanny  persuasiveness".
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-03-16/2248:51>
Both Glinda and Sian laugh.  Sian nods and says, "Yes, she can be quite persuasive when she tries.  But I have already warned her about going too fast and I think that will not happen again." 

Glinda looks down at the table then back up.  "No, I will be more careful.  I got carried away.  Mistake."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-04-16/0000:17>
Well I guess I know your darker secrets so I feel honor bound to reveal one of mine own.  You know I go by Lizzie, Lizzie Borden to be precise.  Do you know who that is? There's an old nursery rhyme about her.  Lizzie Borden took an axe/ and gave her mother 40 whacks/When she saw what she had done/ she gave her father 41.  Gruesome isn't it.  You'd be surprised how many are actually.  A few months after I turned 13 our neighborhood was overrun with ghouls.  They were monsters.  Those of us they didn't turn, they hunted for sport and food, or who knows what else.  There was some organlegging stories as well.  One day I was able to sneak into my old home, now my parents had always been worthless, they were these big Humanis supporters, neo-catholics...You know superstitious and hateful of anything different.

I found them...eating my little sister, she was a toddler, barely crawling,  I thought I was going to vomit.  I left, not even thinking of where I was going.  I went to the shed in the back grabbed an axe and went back inside, I buried it in my fathers skull.  They say that when you chop at someone like that blades get stuck,  Not this kind of axe I guess, it's thick wedge shape let me draw it right back up with almost no trouble at all then I buried the axe in my mothers chest.  I continued hacking at them for a while.  I wasn't sure if they would get back up.  My friends found me.  There were a lot more than Shelly and Corbin back then, our numbers dwindled as some were caught by the ghouls.  I miss them, but not my parents, not a bit.  Is that weird?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-16/0122:51>
Both of the other woman are quiet and the thought passes through your mind that it is sometimes difficult to remember that Sian is not 15 and that Glinda is not 22.  Sian breaks the silence first.  "I am so sorry for your loss.  I do not remember my parents, anymore." 

Glinda nods and adds.  "I remember mine, but not fondly. I did not have a happy childhood.  But now I have Sian and life has been so much better."

Glinda goes quiet as she remembers and Sian asks, "So, Lizzie.  Do you know what the origin of your real name is, by any chance?  Old family name or whim of a parent or something else?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-04-16/0920:22>
My parents weren't the loss I suffered.  I know Isla is Scottish but that's about it.  Isla Sixx, never really thought about it that much.  Why?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-16/1127:43>
Sian gives you an odd look and shakes her head.  "Not sure.  I have heard the name before.  Not sure where.  It is somewhat different, isn't it?  Scottish, you say?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-04-16/1529:14>
I think I had a great grandmother with the name or something.  I'm the only person I know with the name but It's not all that uncommon I don't think.  There's a river in Scotland called Isla.  Queen Elizabeth had a daughter named Isla.  That's about all I can think of.  Did you know someone with that name maybe?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-16/1621:01>
Both women nod but only Sian says anything.  "Yes.  We did, once.  It was a very long time ago.  She was.................important.............to us, but she chose a different path and left.  You even look a bit like her.  It is an interesting coincidence.  So, on a different note, are you staying long?  I can fix up the spare bedroom if you are."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-04-16/1659:23>
Oh, no.  it's still early for me.  I have some things to do at my lab.  Business is booming after all.  I'm going to have to get a stockpile going so I won't have to cook everyday.  I just wanted to visit a bit and spoil the puppies.  I have more T-R-E-A-T-S for them when I leave too.

I'm rather glad you two sought me out.  I feel a certain level of rapport with the two of you.  Perhaps it comes from being able to understand each others existence.  I've lived my entire adult life with a small inner circle of friends and the rest being afraid of me.  Here you two are, an old hat at the experience.  It can color ones outlook on life.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-04-16/2311:28>
Glinda nods and Sian gives a sort of soft, enigmatic smile.  "Yes, that is so, I suppose.  We have been hiding and running for a long time and from many people and places.  So, do you prefer Isla or Lizzie?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-05-16/0032:03>
To you two, I can be Isla.  It is a name to be used with friends though, everyone else except Corbin and Shelly, I'm Lizzie.  Like I've said the name has grown on me, I suppose all real handles are like that.  Let's go with Lizzie in general, I'd like to keep Isla for special occasions.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-05-16/0043:45>
Sian nods.  "So Lizzie it is.  More coffee?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-05-16/0844:46>
Please.  Coffee is a vice I don't get to indulge in very often.  Mostly because I have no idea where to get it.  You will have to tell me the name of your supplier. 

Do you ever venture out of the Chinatown Barrens Sian?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-05-16/1029:19>
"Glinda brings me the coffee in small bags, but I think that she gets it from a shop in a small creole community on the edge of the sprawl.  I rarely leave the Barrens, but on occasion, yes."

Glinda nods.  "That is right.  And it is small; maybe fifty or sixty people all together."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-05-16/1521:29>
You will have to introduce me then sometime.  And you are both welcome at my humble abode, should the interest arise.  I drink my coffee engage in some chit chat and play with the hell hounds a bit. 

Thank you for your hospitality, but I think it is time for me to get so e work done.  I reach into my jacket inner pocket and retrieve two more treats for Darius and Vilna as I ready to leave.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-06-16/0207:12>
The Hell Hounds eagerly sniff at the offered treats then their tongues will slip from between very sharp teeth to snatch them away.  They seem a bit disappointed when you do not offer more.  Sian laughs.  "That is part of the problem when you offer these two treats.  Bring more next time or you may have a riot on your hands.  Farewell and goodnight.  Glinda will see you home."

The two speak quietly for a few seconds in a language that you do not know then Glinda nods.  "Whenever you are ready, Lizzie."

The way back seems a bit off from what you remember coming here tonight, but you are eventually back at the maze of alleyways leading away from here.  Back at the entrance, you can see Glinda's car as it idles.  As she leads the way, the woman looks over at you.  "So, do you want tome company tonight or is that too much of a distraction?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-06-16/0817:03>
Company would be great and your help with the rest of it saved me a lot of time as well.  You are welcome any time.  Lets go pick up my bike and we can head to my place.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-06-16/0956:06>
Glinda nods and drives you back to your bike then follows you to your apartment.  When you open the door, you find that Shelly and Corbin are still out, but that is not too surprising.  Glinda pauses in the living room and looks out over the part of the sprawl that is visible from the window.  "Lots of lights out there."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-06-16/1026:48>
I join her at the window.  Curious as to what's caught her attention.  What do you mean?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-07-16/0051:34>
When you get to the window, you see nothing more than an ordinary skyline and the twinkling lights of the city sprawl.  Glinda waves her arm at the vista then reaches over and takes your hand in hers.  "I was born to a time of candles and fish oil lamps.  As a young girl, it was often the hearth that provided the only sort of light in my father's house.  I have lived through every phase of the world since that time and am still amazed at what has been done.  I witnessed the birth of electricity and can still be awed at the view of so many lights in one place.  I am fascinated by it all.  Does nothing still fascinate you, Lizzie?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-07-16/0915:38>
Of course things fascinate me.  Para-species and magic the most.  Science fascinates me even though I understand it more.  People fascinate me, their motives, morality and madness.  I may be a bit cynical because I am no longer surprised by most things, but it's still fascinating...even more so when I'm wrong.

Why do you ask?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-08-16/1507:08>
"Perhaps it is your short lifespan.  I still find many minor things that surprise and fascinate me.  Like you, for instance.  You did not seem to flinch one bit when I told you what I am.  And now you are standing next to me, holding my hand.  I detect no fear or distrust from you towards me, which I do find a bit surprising."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-08-16/1608:17>
Like I said before you haven't tried to hurt me and I find you interesting.  There are strange things in the world these days.  Powerful creatures stalk the lands.  Dragons are real.  Corporations may be the most dangerous thing out there and they are completely mundane.  I have faced horrors at a young age and have learned to use my fear instead of it controlling me.  Of course if you had been a ghoul we would never have gotten this far.  I've learned my lesson with those things.  I've learned to deal with dangerous.  All it really comes down to is motivation.  I understand yours, so I'm not afraid.

If you were hungry, I might take precautions though.  I add on with a grin.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-09-16/1423:20>
She turns to look at you and her deep blue eyes look into yours.  "No, I have already fed tonight and do not hunger in that way.  What I need is the touch of another person who wants me.  If you are interested, I can help you with your preparations and lay with you after."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-09-16/2001:33>
I brush her cheek with a finger and stand close to her.  You can help with set up but I'm afraid the actual cooking will be about an hour that you will have to entertain yourself unfortunately.  You can watch of course but I'm afraid it would take quite a bit of training to actually assist with this part.  Make yourself at home otherwise.  I will be all yours for a while afterwards though.

I move in and kiss her gently biting at her bottom lip, besides the anticipation is my favorite part.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-09-16/2009:41>
The other woman almost purrs as you touch her cheek and her eyes brighten a bit.  She nods and goes to help you in the set up.  She is very attentive and you do not have to repeat any instructions to her.  She stands aside as you set about the cooking phase, standing off and not getting in your way or distracting you with silly and useless questions.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-09-16/2318:13>
Set up only takes a few minutes with the help.  I make sure Glinda wears appropriate safety gear.  Properly made, the fumes and dust particles can be deadly or scar lungs.  Not sure if you need to breath but I don't want to take any chances.  I blink a few times.  Do you breathe?  Sorry I don't think I'll ever run out of questions.  Like I said I'm interested in you. 

Maybe someday you will give me a blood sample.  I imagine that could have some interesting alchemical applications, I chuckle.

Once we are both prepared I concentrate on the cook, double checking measurements, maintaining temperatures, separating compounds and recreating them.  Transforming one set into my recipes.  There's nothing like this.  Sex is pleasure for the body, but chemistry and alchemy, changing materials into the things I desire, it's an orgasm of the mind that is at least as satisfying as a physical one.

Once complete I set the mixtures out to set and turn on the ventilation system to aerate the room.  I lead Glinda out close the door and take off the protective gear.  I look Glinda in the eyes and draw her to the bedroom backing in my eyes on her at all times.  On the bed I caress and tease the places she showed me that turned her on and continue with the foreplay until she can't take it anymore.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-10-16/0136:48>
Glinda looks at you.  "The body breathes because it is a reflexive muscle operation, but I really do not need to breathe to exist.  Not anymore.  That part of my life changed a very long time ago when I died and was reborn.  And, other alchemists have tried over the years to make something of a vampire's blood, but they usually tried to take all of it and I am a bit against that notion.  It all starts out with a sample that might have "interesting" or "beneficial" applications, but has so far always ended up being merely interesting and beneficial for the alchemist, who just cannot get enough from little samples and goes for the lot.  There is usually some really important thing they an do to save peoples' lives or bring about a cure for some disease, but they need so much more of our blood, you see.  In fact, any relationship of that sort with an alchemist has universally ended badly.  Are you so different from all the others I have met over the centuries?"

Once in bed, she encourages your touch with appropriate moans of pleasure and need, but does not stop there.  She remembers much of what she has learned of your body and shows you that she is as expert a lover as you might expect from someone with over 1500 years of practice.  She very clearly lets you know that you are driving her to the level of ecstasy that you have intended, but turn about is fair play and you, too, experience a most profound sexual revelation at her hands and tongue.  Afterwards, she holds you tight to her, her eyes seeming to burn into you as you both relax.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-10-16/1013:56>
I lazily trace patterns on her skin with the tip of my finger.  Sorry if I brought up some bad memories before.  That wasn't my intention.  I like to think I'm different from those you spoke of but then again temptation is kind of my thing.  I always want more, but I like to think my affinity for the anticipation of an act gives me a certain level of patience.  I would never actually ask you for blood, I was just letting you know that I would be interested in testing its properties.  I hate putting my friends in positions like that.  I try not to ever put my friends in a position to have to say no to me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-10-16/1025:25>
Glinda rubs a finger along the side of your face, her touch warm and alive somehow, despite her having been dead for centuries.  "I do believe that you are different from almost any mortal I have ever met.  I will freely give you a sample of my blood if you like and you may do with it what you will.  Just remember that there is a limited amount available."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-10-16/1638:37>
I nestle in closer to her, pressing my body against hers, feeling her softness against mine.  If you are comfortable with that then I accept.  Perhaps you can tell me what properties your blood has that you've discovered so far.  I've heard many stories about that and magic seems to resonate with symbolism, so it might be that its properties are those which the most people believe them to be.  Can you feed it to others to control them?  Can it heal wounds or diseases?  You know anything like that?

Is my pillow talk weird?  It's weird isn't it.  It's funny I don't ever do this.  I guess you are just more interesting than my other lovers have been.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-11-16/0038:38>
"Yes, I would be willing to let you experiment with it.  I do not know what it can do, but I do not think that it is the blood itself that makes me what I am., and I do not really know the answers to these questions.  But I will give you some blood.  Would you give me some of yours in exchange?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-11-16/1015:18>
What, like to drink?  I'm a little skittish about the biting, but I have a chalice I can pour you some if that's okay.  Or are you wanting a material link?  I suppose that's only fair if you are going to trust me with your blood.  It's not like we haven't had ample opportunity to collect those from each other on the sly anyway.  I rub against her feeling flesh on flesh and kiss her.  Then reluctantly pull away from her and roll out of bed.  I should get working on finishing the batch.  If you'd care to help it will go much faster  I say stretching.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-12-16/0013:04>
Glinda, too, reluctantly gets out of the bed to stand near you.  She reaches out a hand and runs it down your torso from your cleavage to below your navel, all without her eyes leaving yours.  She then places the tip of her finger in her mouth and sucks on it before saying, "Of course I will help you.  I want to learn how you do it, or at least enough to be your assistant."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-12-16/0036:24>
I go over the instructions again to make sure she has got them and I even let her try to more annoying stuff like setting the lozenges and how to mix them.  While grinding and mixing I ask, Do you really want to trade blood samples?  Did you want a vial of mine for keepsies or a cup to drink?

Then we continue on preparing for the encapsulating process.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-12-16/0125:04>
Glinda seems to remember quite well your instructions from the last time and seems eager to try something new.  She laughs softly at your question.  "No, I do not want to keep it; I would like to drink it, to savor the essence of you.  But I do not need a cup, nor do I wish to endanger your magic.  A few drops is sufficient and will drain nothing away"

Beyond that, she is quiet and works hard to your specifications.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-12-16/1034:31>
Do you have to bite me though?  That kinda weirds me out.  It's not a deal breaker or anything, but it would be easier on my nerves.  I have used blood in rituals before  I laugh lightly.

The work moves quickly though it takes longer than last time since there is about twice as much to process.  Once completed I set the machine to start encapsulating and compressing and lay the lozenges out in the cooler.  I shed my protective gear, toss a cool rag to Glinda and wipe myself down. 

Shower?  I ask.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-13-16/0042:00>
She has not answered your questions while the two of you were working, keeping silent to concentrate on what she is doing.  At times you catch her looking intently at something and her tip of her tongue is showing at one corner of her mouth.  When finished, she accepts the rag and wipes some of the sweat off as she nods.  "A shower is definitely called for."  While walking to the bedroom and shower, she says, "No, I do not have to bite you.  In fact, I do not really think that is best for now.  Blood is like nothing else in creation; it soothes, it seethes, it maintains, and it is addictive.  It is as necessary for my life as it is for yours.  My own blood will not sustain me beyond a short time, which is why I need the blood of others.  I have learned great control, but I have also learned to not put myself in a bad situation, too.  Biting you would be immensely gratifying, even if you only allowed me a few drops of your precious blood.  Such an act is more binding than making love or sharing children.  It presupposes so much more......................"

She pauses for a few seconds.  "I do not intend to ever ask to be allowed to bite you, Isla.  I will leave that up to you, if you ever wish to allow it.  In the meantime, I can be satisfied with a few drops from a simple cut.  And you would not wish to drink my blood without changing it in some way.  The only time it is possible for you to survive that is at your turning, your rebirth as one of us.  Then, it is vital and you could not survive the change without drinking of my blood.  Or Sian's.  But I do not think that you are considering making that sort of change right now, so please do not drink of the blood I give you.  Experiment to your heart's content, but do not sip at it."

"But enough of dire talk.  I have sweated in a hot suit and a hot room and want to clean us off so we can get all sweaty again."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-13-16/0847:31>
I start the shower and let Glinda take the lead this time.  So far I had been the one instigating and teasing.  Perhaps it is time to see what Glinda can do and while I know she knows what I like I think a pop quiz may be in order.  Will she rush it?  Will she take her time?  Will she make me go mad with desire? The anticipation...
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-13-16/1012:23>
She goes with the "making you mad with desire" option.  By the time you go through your third shattering climax you have moved from the shower to the bathroom floor to a chair in the bedroom to the bed.  She seems to have enjoyed the experience as much as you and lays next to you, panting.  Her eyes bore into yours and she smiles at you.  "Now, that was amazing.  Thank you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-14-16/0750:58>
That was fun, I say snuggling in close.  Are you staying?  I need to get some shut eye.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-14-16/0956:19>
She smiles at you and caresses your face.  "Then sleep.  I will watch over you and keep the night demons at bay."  Your last memory is of her looking at you as you drift off to a dreamless and very restful sleep.  You wake to find that you have turned and your back is to her.  Her arm is wrapped about you and you actually do feel safe and warm.  As you stir, her hand strokes down your side and she says, "Good morning.  I trust you slept well.  Your friends returned a bit ago and are sleeping in Corbin's room.  Shelly did open the door to make sure that you were alright, but did not try to disturb you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-14-16/2128:39>
They were out late...or early I suppose.  You want soy-caf.  I don't have real coffee until you introduce me to your contacts.  I blink and look thoughtful.  Clearly you drink it does the caffeine effect you the same way?  What about other drugs; can you even get high or does it have to be in a persons blood?  How much blood do you need each day anyway?  Are we talking pints or what?

I stretch cat-like out of bed put on some underwear and a robe then head to the kitchen to put the pot on.  I go to my altar grabbing a shallow chalice and a ritual dagger on the way.  I make a small incision on the back of my hand and make squeezing motions to make the blood flow.  It's more than a few drops about a swallows worth.  Then cast heal on myself.

As requested, I say swirling it in the bowl.

[spoiler]force 4 heal; drain (http://orokos.com/roll/445617): 9d6t5 4 10d6t5 4 No drain.  Since this is my lodge I may not have rolled enough dice, but you know...[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-15-16/1315:43>
She looks at you with interest as you walk back with the chalice; an interest that increases as you cut yourself and allow your blood to drip into the cup.  Her eyes grow larger and she runs her tongue around her lips in anticipation.  She takes the goblet and sniffs deeply of the warm blood you are offering her, almost as how a wine connoisseur would  treat a glass of fine wine.  Carefully, the vampire lifts the chalice and sips at the blood in it, making a sound of intense pleasure as she drinks.  When she lowers the cup, there is no sign of the blood in it or on her lips, but there is an odd look on her face.  "My very existence is forbidden and my kind are hunted ruthlessly in every corner of the globe, yet you have accepted me into your life and your bed without any apparent qualms.  You have freely offered your most precious physical asset, your blood, to me without fear or prejudice.  History, legends, and rumors all conspire to paint my kind in the worst possible light but you look at me differently than others of your kind.  You would almost certainly be considered insane for befriending me."

She motions for you to give her the knife and cuts the back of her own hand, allowing some of her own blood to flow into the chalice.  You can instantly tell that there is something different about the blood; it is red, to be sure, but it flows with a different texture and you think you can see small sparkles in it.  As she hands you the cup, you note with some interest that the cut on her hand is nearly healed.  "Remember, do not drink of this.  Your body is not ready to take my blood.  And to answer your questions, at my age, I am able to exist for some time without the need for blood, the length of the interval depends on what my physical exertions are.  I try to "top off" as often as possible so that I do not get in a position of need.  I need a good bit, but can get a tiny amount from several people to make up the total.  My body is a very efficient filter and I am not affected by the poisons people put in their blood, so the caffeine has no effect on me.  I happen to like the flavor of the food and liquids I take in, but need neither to exist.  I do not get "high" in a normal sense, but I can reach a certain euphoria from the act of sex and from drinking blood.  Right now, even from just this small amount of you that I have consumed, I am feeling a strengthened desire for you.  Do what you will with the blood I have provided you and perhaps you can share with me the details of anything you discover."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-15-16/1352:29>
What measure makes you a monster?  How much suffering do you cause and how much do you intend to cause?  By my count you are a positive influence in the world.  Sure some people believe that certain conditions lead to a kind of moral black hole where once caught in it's gravity there is no escape from its damnation.  I'm not sold on that.  Ghouls may be the closest thing to it for me but I can still conceive the possibility even with those foul creatures.

I take the blood to my alchemical study and store it appropriately. 

I want to drop everything and take a look at it right now but business first,   I say.  I gather up the completed doses and divvy them up into hundreds, I get packs for my deliveries, Glinda and refresh my stocks and the rest will go into storage for future use.  Another day or two of this and I should have a weeks worth of distribution.  I doubled you up this time.  I know Sian said to slow down but if you've got someone distributing for you then you will need more anyway.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-15-16/1445:22>
Glinda laughs softly.  "You are seeing me now, but it took a very long time before I could control the hunger for blood.  After I turned, I was ravening for it and sated the lust with many lives.  Old, young, criminal, pure; it made no difference to me back then.  Sian helped me take the ones that would be missed the least, but even then I was hard to control.  We are not the only ones of our kind and some are not as careful with their....progeny......as Sian was.  Some just leave their creations alone to wreak whatever harm they can before some hunter puts them down.  Sian is different, even among our kind.  She cares for me very much and did not want to leave me to be destroyed for my actions.  So I lived and survived, but make no mistake, I killed many people in those early years.  I was a monster, so does outgrowing those tendencies take that away somehow, or am I still a monster?  I still kill on occasion and take someone's blood almost every day.  I can control my urges and only take a small bit from each victim, but I am still robbing people of a bit of themselves every time I feed.  So, you decide if I am a monster or not."

She takes the packet of drugs with a smile.  "Thank you, Ilsa.  I will be more careful with this lot.  I do not wish to disappoint Sian.........or you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-15-16/2032:18>
Well then we should be good stewards of the future to make up for the suffering we cause then.  Regretting our past is useless it's wasted energy.  Your past is already a part of you.  Use that energy to move forward instead of constantly looking back.  This world is bleak, it doesn't take much to make it better.  Simply not being a douche bag, makes you good people in my book.  You and Sian trying to make that cesspit of humanity a little brighter makes you god damn heroes in my book.  Don't sell yourself short.

Sorry, did I just sound optimistic for a second there?  I'm gonna lose my goth card.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-16-16/1050:35>
Glinda snorts.  "Yeah, you did sound a bit optimistic, there.  I should probably report you to the Goth Council, but I think I will let it ride.......................this time.  Just watch yourself in the future and be careful who you such things to as others might not be so nice."  She sets her packet to the side and continues.  "So do you have plans for the day?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-16-16/1208:47>
Yeah, I have deliveries to make to my new suppliers and I'll probably stop at Pulse for a few hours...I really need to find a distributor for that place.  I'll probably make another batch as well so I have some stockpiled.  Hopefully you will show me your coffee connection too.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-16-16/1250:09>
"Hmmm.  My coffee connection?  Now, that is asking a lot from a new relationship.  A really big step.  Next thing you know, you will be asking me to move in here."  She laughs.  "Of course, I will take you to meet the guy.  And you don't have to invite me in.........................unless you want to.  I have a nice coffin not too far from here."

You hear some shuffling of feet and Corbin sort of stumbles into the room.  "Did I hear someone say something about coffee?  And a coffin?  Hey, if you are living in one of those coffin motel places, you ought to move in here with us until you can get a better place."  He looks from one of you to the other and back.  "Ooops.  Did I say somehting wrong.  Serves you right for making so much noise so early in the day."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-16-16/1329:03>
Invite you in?  You're welcome here any time.

No.  She was just making a joke Corbin.  Don't act so desperate.  I say giving him a wink.  Help yourself to soycaf or whatever.  You and Shelly were out late, everything okay?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-16-16/1347:42>
Corbin stifles a yawn, but perks up a bit at the mention of soycaf.  He walks over to pour some, saying, "Yeah, things went fairly well after we split up, although the late start sort of ate into my distribution.  But the stuff is good and I still unloaded a god bit, so about average for the night.  Still have plenty of what I started with though, so don't need a restock yet."  He looks at Glinda with eyes that are marginally more awake now after some soycaf.  "You really thinking of moving in for a bit?"

Glinda looks from him to you.  "Well, that sort of depends on all three of you, I guess.  My place is comfy for one, but that is about all it is.  Is this an official offer or just noise?  I could help with any rent payments, if that will help make the choice easier?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-16-16/1610:54>
Do you really want to stay here?  What about Sian?  I mean you are welcome to stay... it just never occurred to me that you might want to.  You are helpful at work and fun to play with.  I fine with it, Corbin made the invitation and I'm sure Shelly won't mind, but we will have to ask her of course.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-16-16/1944:47>
Corbin says, "Shell will be thrilled, I am sure.  And who is Sian?"

Glinda smiles and nods.  Sian is a friend of mine that I sometimes stay with, but I do not live with her.  I have an apartment not too far from here, but it is small and fairly plain.  I would love the opportunity to move in.  I do not have much to move over and certainly understand the need to wait for Shelly to wake up to give give her approval.  Thank you for asking me, though.  It means a lot."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-16-16/2134:46>
There's a spare room we just had a couch and a spare trid in there in case a guest wanted to crash.  No reason not to use it as a bedroom.  I can help you move, summon up a spirit to help anyway, once we get the okay from Shelly.  I'm going to check out that new compound while we wait for Shelly to get up.

[spoiler]Some dice rolls in case you want them
Assensing, Arcana, Alchemy, Chemistry (http://orokos.com/roll/446249): 8d6t5 4 7d6t5 3 9d6t5 1 8d6t5 2
reroll alchemy misses w/ edge (http://orokos.com/roll/446251): 8d6t5 5 total of 6 hits on alchemy (let me know if the edge is needed)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-17-16/0106:41>
Glinda smiles at the prospect of your offer and sips at her caf  as you go off with your sample.  Over the next hour, you quickly determine that the blood you are looking at is very special indeed.  You determine that it is a physical source of mana and could probably be used in various alchemy processes and formulas.  You also feel that it will take a lot of research and work to be able to use it in any fashion.  You also have a nagging feeling that you would need much more of it than what you have now.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-17-16/0143:12>
After an hour I return the blood to a proper storage container and head into the main room to check if Shelly has awoken.  She up yet?  Did you tell her?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-17-16/0338:59>
Corbin is sitting on the couch and looking out the window in the living room.  He waves his hand in a lazy manner.  "Not yet.  You know how she gets when she is out working all night.  Anyway, I really think she will be all for the idea.  Glinda went to look at the room and is probably measuring it for furniture.  She is nice and very sexy, but are you sure that you want her here?  I mean, we just met her.  I am for the idea, but what about you?  Really?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-17-16/0928:48>
Having second thoughts?  I don't know.  I trust her though and it's convenient.  She says she isn't the jealous type and that's all that really worries me.  I shrug at Corbin and commune with my altar for a bit attempting to understand the spells and alchemical processes that I want.  I open myself to the astral seeking guidance.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-17-16/0947:24>
Corbin shakes his head emphatically.  "Frag no; I am not changing my mind.  Just wondering if I made an offer to her that you really did not like.  She is easy on the eyes and exciting in bed, if the first time was any indication.  And she can apparently help us in our operation.  Very neat package, all in all."  He goes silent as you move to your altar.

[spoiler]OOC What sort of astral guidance are you looking for and how would that manifest?  Are you asking a specific spirit for aid?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-17-16/1121:23>
Corbin you are and Shelly are my family.  If I had a problem with it I would tell you. 

Do you trust my judgement Corbin?  We've put out lives at risk with each other countless times, but if I were to put you in harms way would you trust that I believed I had all of our best interests at heart?  I know I come off as a hard ass with others but you know I keep yours and Shelly's safety foremost in my mind right?

Do you think I'm easily swayed or naive?  I ask in all seriousness and I want a straight answer, no matter how you think I might react.  Unfettered truth, so-ka?

[spoiler]Nothing specific allowing Seductress to teach me something.  Practicing Magical theory.  turning cluttered ideas into sharp focus in ways to manipulate mana.  General magical training and spell/alchemy formula research etc. basically[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-17-16/2318:43>
"So-ka, Lizzie.  Alright, unfettered truth it is.  I like her and I think she is a good fit here.  I believe that you have our best interests at heart, even if you are taking us into dangerous waters, which I do, by the way.  Very dangerous.  I can handle most low-life ganger scum, hell, we could easily be classified as that, given what we do to get by.  But what you are doing now is dangerous.  Those two people we met last night spooked me.  Similar names and they put off similar vibes.  Ruthless and scary is how I would describe them.  The girl has already made her move on a gang and I think it is only a matter of time before the dude does the same with that other gang.  And then there is the whole idea that we might just get big enough to get some of the major players interested in us.  Mafia or Yak or Triad?  Maybe the Vory?  Are you sure that you want to play in that league?"

One of the minor servants of the Seductress enters the room you are using to examine the blood you were given.  "Mmmm.  A gift for our Mistress?  What have you for me?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-17-16/2355:38>
Yes.  They are dangerous people for sure.  I don't know that I could respect them if they weren't.  It was actually a refreshing change of pace from normal ganger scum as you put it.  They've instilled discipline in their people.  They are smart and even a little charismatic.  They have secrets and I will have to find out those secrets to keep them tied to me.  I don't see this as a bad thing, it will be dangerous, but I believe we can handle it. 

What i need from you and Shelly is to keep your ear to the ground and keep me appraised of any rumors you hear about our product, these gangs, our neighborhood and chinatown.  I want to keep you out of the line of fire, I know you and Shelly too well to hope you will stick with distributing and not get involved in anything else, but come to me with anything.  What comes next will take some planning and precision.

Don't worry about the big boys.  They may be in our future but right now they have no interest in this area...yet.  Nor are we alone in this endeavor,  I have been sworn to secrecy, but I will tell you both when I am able.  Thank you for being straight with me.

I look over at my workshop and see the spirit peeking in side.  Just a moment.

I take a seat and project and stride up to the spirit.  That is not for your nor our mistress.  I doubt she would even want it.  I have been studying its properties while attempting to develop and alchemical formula for healing magic.  Are you here to  teach me or do you have a message.  Surely you aren't nosing about my lodge out of sheer curiosity.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-18-16/0012:37>
"Do not act huffy with me, mortal.  I am a servant of our Mistress, just as you are.  She sends me with a message to you that she needs a favor."  The spirit moves, swirling and eddying about the room.  "You are to see to the needs of a man by the name of Alvin Corse.  Find him and seduce him and get the secret of his wealth.  The Mistress desires that this man be left alive to do her bidding in the future, but you may toy with him as you desire.  You will be rewarded for success.  Do you understand?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-18-16/0842:11>
Find Alvin Corse and discover the source of his wealth.  Who is the man and where do I find him?  I am rather busy at the moment but I will do my best to help.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-18-16/1103:22>
"our Mistress is not overly concerned with how busy you are, but she does have mercy in her heart for you, mortal, although I fail to see why."  The spirit motions with a wispy arm and a small card falls to the floor.  "The man's contact information is provided.  I am told that you now have enough to perform your task.  I am also supposed to tell you that you are to be cautious in this.  I do not see why She has to work through mortals, but that is not my decision and I bow to the wishes of our Mistress, even as you must."

The spirit swirls about the room a bit more then dissipates.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-18-16/1412:56>
What a little shit.  I come out of my trance and go to the spot and pick up the card.

I'll have Summer check this guy out.

Hoi Summer.  I need info on a mark name of Alvin Corse.  I've got contact info and apparently he's got money.  Think you can put together a profile on this guy?  Its a paying gig of course.

I go knock on Shelly's door.  Shelly?  You awake yet?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-18-16/2332:52>
>>Hoi back.  Sure, I will give it a shot.  How much detail and how fast?<<

"Mmmhmmm.  I am now.  Just don't turn on the light when you come in.  I think I had a bit too much to drink.  Corbin make it back OK?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-19-16/0003:58>
Give me anything you can today.  I will let you know if I need more.

Ah another spell I need to pick up.  Corbin is fine.  I go in and sit down next to her and stroke her hair.  Who were you drinking with?  Anyone I should know about?  Glinda has decided to join us here pending your blessing of course.  You can finally lure her to your room at your leisure.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-19-16/0121:31>
Shelly visibly perks up at your words then puts her hands to her temples.  "Got no problem with her staying a bit.  But why?  Is her place being sold or something?  And I don;t think you need to worry about the punks I was with.  A couple of hotshots tried to prove they could drink me under the table.  I showed them."  Her face scrunches up a bit as she tries to remember something then her arm moves under the sheet.  "Frag.  I seem to have lost my panties somewhere, so that means that I probably got fucked.  I hope that I did not embarrass myself too much in the process.  Sucks that I cannot remember it, though."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-19-16/0921:13>
No she just said her place was small and she liked the company.  I trust your judgement but do try not to let yourself get taken advantage of dear.  I'll go get you a hangover kit.  I grab a few packs of aspirin and a hit of bliss just in case, a few bottle of generic electrolyte solutions and a shot of my aqua vitae for a little hair of the dog.  You know the drill.  Drink lots of fluids, the bliss is last resort.

I sit with her a moment stroking her hair making sure she takes and aspirin and drinks plenty of the electrolytes.  Feel better sweetness I'd stay with you but I have some deliveries to make.

I go back to the others.  Glinda Shelly has given her blessing so you are welcome to move in,  However I have some deliveries to make.  If you would be so kind as to join me Glinda I would appreciate.  Shelly is indisposed.  Corbin you can come if you like but you had a pretty late night to if you want to get back to sleep for a bit.

Time to go make the deliveries for Jessie and Jess..
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-19-16/1009:33>
Shelly does as directed then lays back down.  "Thanks dear.  Very tired so I think it is back to sleep for me."

Back out in the main room, you see that Glinda has rejoined Corbin and the two are chatting.  Both look happy when you make the invitation to move in formal.  Glinda nods when you mention the deliveries and Corbin takes advantage of your offer.  "I think I will stay here and get some more rest, if you don't mind."

Glinda moves to your side, saying, "Ready when you are."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-19-16/2249:32>
First batch is for Jessie.  I take both batches so we don't have to come back.  Why don't you just drive, no need to take two vehicles when you have a car.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-20-16/1018:36>
Glinda nods and walks with you to the car.  "Is this just a drop or do we have something else to do here?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-20-16/1623:45>
Money is changing hands so it's a little more than that.  Hopefully it wont take too long.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-21-16/0027:00>
Glinda climbs in and turns the car on.  "Where to, Isla?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-21-16/0118:25>
I give her directions to the meet.  Stop a few blocks out so I can do a little astral recon.  I'm not really expecting trouble, but you never know.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-21-16/0131:24>
Glinda drives to the destination you give her then waits quietly while you do your search.  You do not detect anything amiss.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-21-16/0837:39>
I summon a force 4 fire spirit before continuing and asking him to guard me for the day.  Then we will go meet Jessie.

[spoiler]summon force 4, resist, drain (http://orokos.com/roll/447921): 9d6t5 2 4d6t5 1 10d6t5 4 1 service but no drain[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-21-16/1020:00>
When you get to the garage, you notice that there is a row of bikes parked outside, along with four men who seem to be watching over them.  one of the men notices you approaching and alerts his companions, who all turn to watch you come up.  They do not appear to be hostile, but are alert.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-21-16/1131:55>
I approach scanning for Jessie. Greetings gentlemen.  Is Jessie here?  I understood he was making this deal in person.  Are we doing this here or inside?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-22-16/1137:05>
One of the gangers will squint at you.  "And who the frag are you to ask?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-22-16/1229:23>
I'm Lizzie.  Seriously this lack of communication is really very unprofessional.  Are we doing this deal or what?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-22-16/1637:32>
One of the other guys saunters over.  "Hey, Scar, she might be the slot Jessie told us to be on the lookout for."  The man called Scar looks closely at you and grins, showing some really bad dental work.  "Yeah?  So you here to deal, is that it?  Give the stuff to me and I will see that Jessie gets it."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/0157:17>
I've put up with quite a lot from your people.  That ends now.  I grab him by the balls with my strong arm.  I won't crush them but I will make it hurt. 

Let me introduce you to my friend.  I have the spirit materialize.  The spirits I summon aren't typical black magic summons they tend toward traditional demonic shapes.  I like my demons with a certain Lovecraftian flair.  It appears as a giant bat-winged maggot with a mass of tentacles at its head.  I look over at the other one who spoke and say, Now go get Jessie before I kill this asshole.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/0226:27>
The expressions on the faces of three of the gangers are priceless as they all stop in their tracks and back up a bit.  The guy you are gripping simply passes out and you have to release him to avoid crushing his nuts in the vise of your hand.  None of the men appears able to speak but one nods his head and dashes away to the building.  Glinda steps up next to you and whispers in a voice loud enough for the remaining two men to hear.  "If you kill him, may I have him, dear?"  The two men still near blanch perceptibly and look from one demon to the other before backing even farther away. 

At that moment, Jessie comes out of the building and sees the three of you.  Taking stock, he does not appear to be afraid or even particularly bothered by the spirit.  He pushes past the two guards, barely giving the unconscious man a glance.  "Is he dead?.  He toes the man, who moans a bit and turns onto his side cradling his balls.  Jessie looks back up at you.  "Can you please send your spirit away now that you have scared four nearly witless men half to death?  Such a creature is not necessary here and might lead one to think that you are impatient and rash.  We can do business once it is gone."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/0254:57>
Thank you my friend.  I say to the spirit.  I have it dematerialize and retreat back to the car to wait for us.  Then I turn to Jessie.

My apologies, I expected you to have a better reign on your people than this.  You seemed to command more respect from them the last time we met.  I confess they caught me a bit off guard.  I turn to the remaining gangers.  My name is Lizzie Borden.  I have little tolerance for disrespect.  You will spread the word.

I turn back to Jessie and say, Better?  We dealing here or inside?  You never did call for that date...how long are you going to keep a girl waiting?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/0325:09>
Jessie laughs and sends the other men away.  "In the first place, these are not my people.............yet.  For now I am just an underling with ideas.  Perhaps working with you will give the bit of edge I need, eh?  And we only talked yesterday and the boss has not yet taken his mind far enough out of the drug haze he has given himself to make a cogent decision about much except which woman he wants to have sex with.  He is bragging about having sex with you, but I somehow doubt that you are that desperate.  How much are you looking for me to push?"  There is something about the man that attracts you to him.  His easy charm or the way he looks at you?  His looks?  Perhaps his ability to hide his fear when he saw your demon or his obvious ambition?  You might not know exactly what it is, but there is something there.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/0341:07>
[spoiler]You were never specific about how much he wanted.  You just said he gave me his order.  Should I have asked for specifics?[/spoiler]

I just brought what you asked for.  I suppose you can push whatever you are comfortable pushing.  If you are considering expanding past your gangs haunts I would suggest you contact me so you don't overlap with the other groups I'm supplying.  You wouldn't want to get into a pointless war over that. 

Speaking of other groups...I met a woman who reminds me very much of you, not only your demeanor but she also seems to share your name.  I must say this is not the kind of coincidence that I find easy to overlook, yet I cannot imagine a connection.  Do you have a clone or twin or something; but what kind of parents would name two children the same...outside of tasteless jokes anyway?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/0353:08>
Jessie takes the packet you have for him and smiles as he brings a stick from his pocket.  "Here is your money up front.  I understand 80% of the street value, yes?"

He pauses as you mention the girl then smiles.  "Now that you mention it, I might have a sister by that name.  Tough girl, so be careful around her.  I don't think she scares easily, either.  And yes, our parents were a bit on the odd side.  I am quite sure that they heartily disapprove of the lifestyles we have taken up.  Now, not to put too fine a point on it, you two are remarkably attractive.  Could I buy you both a drink?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/0416:45>
That's the deal though I can give you a better percentage as you start to sell more.  I suggest taking it slow at first though, but you strike me as smart enough to take the necessary precautions.

I can stay for a drink or two, but I have an appointment, with your sister apparently, so we can't stay long.  Glinda, this is Jessie, Jessie this is Glinda.  We going to a bar or you got a bottle inside?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/1230:07>
The man actually smiles as he reaches out to shake hands with both of you.  "Pleased to meet you both but sad that you cannot stay longer.  I imagine that it would be nice to be on the good side of the two of you.  But no, not a bar.  Bars are for chumps who want to pay way too much for some soy swill.  I have a good bottle at my place just around the corner from here, if you are comfortable with that."

Glinda takes his hand and mutters something under her breath that you cannot make out.  She smiles and looks at you as she lets his hand go.  "I think we can spare a few minutes for a good drink.  What do you think, Boss?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/1312:54>
Okay we'll follow you in the car.

Once in the car and out of ear shot I speak to Glinda  Sorry about that.  I have to say I have very poor self control when it comes to things like that.  I'm still disgusted by the pig of a gang boss I had to deal with and I hope Jessie makes his move soon to get rid of that fool.  Did you cast a detection spell of some sort on him?  I swear a day doesn't go by that I don't wish I knew more spells.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/1400:45>
Jessie shakes his head.  "Nah, you won't need a car.  My place is just around the corner.  Do you think I could keep these people under any sort of control if I lived away from them?"

OOC:  You can have your whispered chat with Glinda as you follow Jessie.

Glinda nods.  "Sure did and will talk about it when we are solo.  For now, he is not entirely what he seems, but you probably figured that out for yourself."

Jessie does indeed live pretty much just around the corner.  His apartment is in a run-down building much like all the others in the area, but things change as soon as you open the door.  The inside is far nicer than the outside would have you think.  Nice furniture and it seems like he has far more space than a little walk-up should have.  "I took all four apartments on the floor and knocked out some walls.  I wanted to make the place mine.  Have a look while I get the bottle and some glasses."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/1539:23>
I take a look around, both in the meat and in astral to see if there is anything interesting.  i take a moment to assense Jessie scolding myself for not having done this sooner.

Nice place.  Similar to what I did at my place but I have friends who live with me.

[spoiler]Assensing (http://orokos.com/roll/448788): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/1621:33>
Jessie's aura shows that his essence level is practically non-existent.  Your look in meat space shows that he takes care of his place and that he is neat.  "Yeah.  I never found anyone who wanted to take a chance on me so it is pretty much just me.  I like nice things and would like to share them with someone, so let me know if you are interested in the position or know someone who might be.  Here you go.  This is a very good year for scotch so I hope that you like it.  I made it neat, but can add ice if you prefer."  He hands both of you glasses filled with an amber liquid. 

Glinda swirls the drink and sniffs it, giving a soft moan of appreciation before sipping at it and letting it run down her throat.  "Very nice, Jessie.  What do you think, Lizzie?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/1645:12>
I raise my glass to him.  To you finding that special someone.  I swirl the glass under my nose to get a sense for the smell and take a drink getting a sense of the flavor and quality.

Very nice.  I will have to drop off a bottle of my ginger distillation the next time I come by, see how you like it. 

So what's your story Jessie, if you don't mind me asking?  You certainly don't appear to fit in around here.  You seem disciplined and competent.  An attractive quality in business associates.  Certainly much more pleasant to deal with than your boss.  I can see you going far, the gang not so much...at least not under its current leadership.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-23-16/2014:46>
Jessie watches as you drink and smiles.  "I like a woman, er women, who can take the time to enjoy a good scotch.  I may find the right woman someday, but for now, I am alright just looking and taking what comes my way, even if it is just for a short time."

He lifts his glass to both of you and takes another drink form it.  "As for about me, I don't fit in well in most places.  Neither does Jess or Jessica, who you might meet another time.  But we have plans, plans that might include you two if you are interested.  I expect that one of your stops is to see Jess.  Yes, she told me about your meeting.  And the boss here?  He is not long for this world and I hope that does not disturb you.  I am just waiting for the right opportunity to remove him and step in."

Glinda looks at you then back to him.  "Maybe we can help each other out.  What if we can provide for his removal?  That would leave you out of it and allow you to assume control.  What do you think, Lizzie?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-23-16/2136:04>
I have plans that might include the two of you as well.  Perhaps all three of us should get together and discuss those plans.  Are there others involved in these plans?

I'm sure he knows what he is doing Glinda.  I doubt he needs our help.  Still I wouldn't mind being involved in that cretins demise.  So if you would find it advantageous we could see our way to helping out.  So long as that advantage is mutual, of course.  We are all business people here after all, and I wouldn't want you to feel beholden to me, nor would I care to feel used. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-24-16/0202:22>
Jessie nods.  "You are right; I do not need any help doing it, but it might be interesting to see how my new allies work.  And yes, my sisters are part of the plan.  We are business people to be sure and we can each benefit from the other.  Are you willing to talk to us?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-24-16/0826:59>
Of course.  I have some plans.  I need to meet with your sister and an errand to run but I could meet with you later this night or if you'd prefer we can meet tomorrow.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-24-16/1035:08>
Jessie shrugs again.  "Talk that over with Jess and see what she wants to do.  I am pretty flexible as to when we meet.  Tonight is better than tomorrow, but I can change my schedule if you are busy later."  He tips back the last of his scotch and holds out the bottle to see if you would like any more.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-24-16/1055:21>
Sure.  I'll take another finger.

So where are you from and where did you get your cyber, if you don't mind me asking? 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-24-16/1133:25>
Jessie smiles as he pours you another finger of scotch.  "Hmmmm.  We were born in Denver.  Our family has some very good relations with a certain AAA and they managed to pull some strings to get us wared up.  Jess is wared as well, but Jessica went another route, as I am sure you will find out when you meet her."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-24-16/1146:22>
If your family has that kind of money and influence why are you working with these gangs.  Surely there were better opportunities.  I take another swallow listening, fascinated and a little suspicious, I make it a point not to hide it.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-25-16/0105:45>
A wry grin and something that looks like pain crosses his face for a second then is replaced by his normal smile.  "Yeah, well some good thing have to come to an end, don't they?  For now, let's just say that the AAA in question no longer supports us and would rather that we disappear.  Permanently.  The grand opportunities went away pretty quickly.  Still, we landed on our feet, right?  I mean, what could be nicer?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-25-16/0124:14>
I raise my glass one more time.  To our future plans.  May they all be compatible and complementary.   I swallow back the rest of the scotch.  It's been a pleasure Jessie and I hope we may soon be part of a much bigger endeavor.  With that I fear we must take our leave.  I would hate to keep your sister waiting.  If she's cool with it we will set a meeting for the wee hours, you can bring the sisters I haven't met....You aren't all named Jessie are you?

In the car I lean on Glinda and say So what did you learn of our new friend.  I must say things are coming up spades for me and it makes me nervous.  I expect things to go my way because I am good at making them go my way, but this is on a different level.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-25-16/0134:55>
Jessie just smiles and does not answer the question.

Glinda pats your arm as she gets the car moving.  Smiling, she says, "What's the matter?  Everything going too well?  I suppose it could all be a dream and you will wake up next to Corbin and Shelly and wonder what the frag happened.  As for our new friend, he is actually very hard to read, which is a mystery and a challenge.  I did not want to start anything that might end the relationship before it really got started and I really do not like jumping into something without doing some research first.  So what is spooking you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-25-16/0932:21>
Nothing really.  It's just that as a scientist I don't trust coincidences and there have been entirely too many.  Nothing outside the bounds of possibility, but more than I feel comfortable with.

What was the spell you cast ?

Once we get to Jess' deal site I'll pop out and do another astral sweep before heading out to meet her people.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-25-16/1011:12>
"I did not use a spell as such, really.  I have a knack for reading body language and seeing into the words spoken to get a good idea about someone.  Some people are easier to read than others.  He is fairly tough, but I did get the impression that he is tight with his sisters."

You get nothing out of the ordinary from your astral sweep.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-25-16/1051:58>
Oh.  I heard you mutter something when you spoke to him and figured it was a spell.

Everything looks clear.  Jess has a tighter reign on her people I doubt we will have trouble, even the minor issue with had with his brothers people.  I approach the site of the exchange and greet the gangers keeping watch.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-26-16/0018:44>
Glinda laughs again.  "No, no spell.  Just some muttering."

Jess does indeed seem to have better control over her people.  Two gangers who look like they know what they are doing step out of the shadows as you approach.  One looks the two of you over then talks into a 'link and takes up a position where he can watch both you and the street.  The second man simply moves sideways to give himself an uninterrupted field of fire if it becomes necessary.  Both men are armed with what appears to be a serious-looking short barreled combat shotgun as well as a Predator V handgun in a shoulder rig.  They move as though they are familiar with what they are doing.  Funny, they are not wearing the ganger colors that Jess was sporting.  The first one speaks up and his accent is decidedly slavic, "The boss is on the way.  Please wait here."

Glinda touches your arm and nods past the men, where you can see two figures approaching.  Both are women and the moonlight shows that they bear a striking resemblance to each other and the man you have only recently left. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-26-16/0812:08>
I take some time to assense the two women as they approach.  Good Evening ladies I have your order ready.  I just spoke to your brother.  It appears we may have further business to discuss.  I have a few things to do first but we can meet at Pulse in a few hours to discuss it, if you would like.

[spoiler]Assensing x2 (http://orokos.com/roll/449757): 8d6t5 4 8d6t5 4Oh my I probably know quite a bit about these jessies[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-27-16/0036:54>
As the two women approach, your look at them reveals that one is barely human, stuffed to the gills with cyber or bioware.  The other has a faint glow as if she were awakened, but  the cat on her shoulder is clearly awakened as well.  You hear Glinda suck in her breath a bit, but she does not say anything at this point.  The women look amazingly similar in feature, but theay are dressed about as differently as they could be.  One, you think it is Jess, is wearing a bomber-style jacket emblazoned with the gang colors you had noticed on your previous trip here the handles of a pair of swords can be seen over her shoulders.  The other woman is dressed in the same style combat fatigues the two men are wearing.  The man who had taken the lead in talking to you, nods to her and both men leave.

When you are alone, Jess nods to you and holds out her hand to exchange a credstick for your package.  "Thank you very much.  It is a pleasure doing business with professionals.  Jessie said you were on the way.  This is our sister, Jessica, but I do not know your new companion?  We are interested in talking to you later, but I am not sure a club like Pulse is the best place as it might be hard for either Jessie or me to get past the scanners.  Do you have an alternative or would my place here be satisfactory?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-27-16/0846:40>
Jess this is Glinda.  Glinda this is Jess.  A pleasure I'm sure Jessica.  I say nodding to her.

I'll make some calls I know the owner of the club I think I can get you in without having to go through the scanners and they have white noise generators at the table for discreet business..  Otherwise I suppose here will work.  I can call with details if that will be okay.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-27-16/1020:24>
Jessica smiles.  Sure thing.  Call us.  Maybe we can all get the slacker brother of ours to do what he needs to do.  Maybe he just needs a small push."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-27-16/1227:57>
Good, I will see you later tonight then.  I say my goodbyes and take my leave.  Once in the car I ask Okay, what's with the breath sucking.  I'm guessing Jessica surprised you in some way.

I also send a message to Grace.  I have a couple of friends that want to meet me at Pulse.  You think you could overlook their cyber when they come.  If not you know any decent places one can have a private conversation on neutral ground on short notice?

Let's go meet your coffee supplier then we can get you moved

Once we are heading out I dismiss the spirit Thank you again my friend I'm glad we did not need your protection.  You may go.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-28-16/0248:09>
Glinda looks over at you as she puts the car in gear.  "Yes, she did surprise me.  The woman is a sorceress for sure but hides it well, allowing only a bit of her power to be revealed.  Her familiar is something else............something very powerful.  She is well protected.  The one with the swords is almost dead from the 'ware she has, but I suspect that she knows how to use what she has."

>>Sure.  You can use the side entrance as long as you vouch for them.  When are you dropping by?<<

"Coffee, eh?  Letting you in that secret is worth it to be able to move in with you.  Let's go."

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-28-16/0338:04>
I assumed it was an ally spirit.  I'm thinking of doing that myself soon-ish.

Yeah I'll vouch for em.  We should be there in a few hours or so.

Good News Jessies They will let you in the side door as long as you promise to behave yourself.  I can meet you there in a few hours, I have a couple of errands to run, but I'll let you know when I'm heading that way.

Drive away you are the one who knows where this place is, after all.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-16/0510:41>
Glinda drives a good distance, out to the edge of the sprawl to a small parking lot.  Exiting the car, she points to a wooden arch near one end of the lot.  "Cajun Town.  Ever been here.  A bunch of people moved here about five years ago from New Orleans, CAS, and settled here, creating their own little community.  It is a bit odd, almost as it they are living in a different time and place.  There is a sign at the entrance asking that visitors please respect the privacy of the residents and guests and refrain from assensing or casting spells while they are in the community.  There is a rumor that there is at least one very strong mage living here that works really hard to protect the place and that it does not pay to get on his bad side.  There is also a voodoo priestess here that can tell your fortune and cast hexes for you..............if you can pay her."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-29-16/0723:14>
Nope.  Never even heard of the place.  I'll mind my manners.  Mambo's are the priestesses but they don't typically sell their services or deal in hexes, those would be the bocor the sorcerers, course some might take offense to being called a bocor too.

Anything else interesting here besides coffee and magic?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-16/1445:00>
Glinda laughs as the two of you walk towards the arch.  "Sounds like you know something about voodoo.  Maybe you should talk to this Mama Lini, that is the priestess I was talking about.  As for other things, there is a very good restaurant here if you like Cajun cooking.  A bit spicy, I hear, but what do I know, right?  There is a path along the river that is something to see.  I think there is an illusion of some sort at work, but the magic is foreign to me."

There is a man in rough clothing at the arch, wearing some sort of large metal star on his vest.  He politely doffs a hat to you and motions to the sign at the entrance that indicates exactly what Glinda had said it does.  The man bids you a nice day and waves you in.  As soon as you step through the arch, you feel a bit odd, as if you have just stepped into a foreign land.  The weather seems to change to clear but hot and muggy.  The locals are easy to tell from the tourists due to their way-out-of-style clothing.  You see huge trees just beyond the buildings lining both sides of the single dirt road.  Glinda points out a shop where you can find Mama Lini as she leads you to the restaurant, which bears a weather-beaten sign indicating this is Sophie's Kitchen.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-29-16/1806:37>
I dont really get restaraunts.  I mean you can only prepare mycoprotein and krill so many ways.  Sure maybe their seasoning is better I suppose and I havent eaten lately so I guess we can try it.  We can check out the view too.  Id like to check this place out astrally, I love illusions.

I open my mind to the astral to see whats there.  I wont assense anyone as requested.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-16/1956:50>
Glinda shakes her head.  "No krill, soy, or microprotein here, dear.  I am pretty sure that everything they cook is real.  Don't know how they do it, given that they look poor as dirt, but try the food and see for yourself.  Of course, it could be that this Sophie is a real stove wizard and can just do it better then most."

The astral here is amazing.  You have never really seen it quite like this.  It is a confusing mass of swirling colors and the overall effect is almost hypnotic.  It looks like one of those old-fashioned kaleidoscope toys you have heard about and you have a vague but unsettling notion that you could easily get lost in the maelstrom of color and movement if you stay in the astral here for too long.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-29-16/2136:15>
Real food? Oh my, why am I just now hearing of this place.  Let's go have lunch then.  This place is...intriguing..  I will limit myself to checking the astral every once in a while instead of constant monitoring.  So many things, so few hours...

Remind me to buy coffee before we leave,  I say as I wander into the Kitchen.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-29-16/2331:15>
The restaurant looks a bit ramshackle from the outside.  A wide wooden porch stretches across the front and three old men are sitting in rocking chairs and smoking long pipes.  They will all tip their hats to you as you climb the rickety stairs.  Even from out here the aroma of food cooking is making your mouth water.  Inside are eight tables that can seat four people each and all but two are occupied; four with groups of tourists and the others with locals, at least you can assume that based on their clothes.  A young girl who appears to be maybe ten comes to you and motions to one of the empty tables.  "Hello and welcome to our restaurant.  Would this table be suitable?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-30-16/1258:09>
I smile and nod at the men as I pass and glance around the interior in the astral for a moment.

Hi.  Thank you this will be lovely.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-16/1319:55>
The swirling colors make it very difficult to read anything in the astral here.

The girl shows you to the table and provides you with a paper menu.  "Our special right now is crawfish stew, but we also have a very good gumbo.  Please ask if you have any questions.  May I get you something to drink?"

The menu is pretty basic and lists several varieties of gumbo and jambalaya, as well as something called a poboy. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-30-16/1419:08>
Both sound great.  What do you think Glinda should we order both and we can share them between us.  I'll have an iced tea please.

Real crawfish, shrimp and sausage?  Where do you get your ingredients, if I may be so bold as to ask?  With all this astral energy I attempt to determine what kind of background count exists here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-16/1454:35>
Glinda smiles and nods at your suggestion and orders iced tea as well and the girl takes an old-style lead pencil, licks the end, writing your orders down on a small order pad she takes from a pocket of the apron she is wearing.  "'Ol Jeb, he brings the crawfish in and the taters and herbs come from the gardens hear about.  Big Daddy brings the shrimp in on his boats........................"

She is interrupted by a woman probably still in her late twenties who speaks with a French accent.  "Why don't you get their order in Jeanette, please?"

The girl smiles at you and heads off to the counter as the woman places two tall glasses of an iced amber beverage on your table.  She nods to Glinda then to you.  "Hello.  I remember you from a couple of earlier visits....Glinda, oui?  And this time you bring a good friend?  Hello, I am Sophie.  Is this your first time here?"

You think that the BGC is at least five here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-30-16/1514:50>
Thank you Jeanette, I call after her, as she leaves.

Hello Sophie.  I go by Lizzie.  It is indeed my first time here but I hope I will be a frequent visitor if the food here is as good as they say.  This place is quite charming.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-16/1523:24>
Sophie smiles at you.  "You have made good choices for your meal.  You should let me know how spicy you like your food and I would recommend saving some room for spice bread for dessert.  And I, too, hope that you become a regular."

Glinda says, "And we will need a couple of pounds of that spiced rum coffee."

"We were fixing up a new batch of that this morning.  I will bring some with the dinner so you can taste it and decide if it is to your liking."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-30-16/1627:58>
She recommended them I'm sure she has good taste.  So you must be the proprietor of the coffee shop then?  Do you carry unflavored coffee?  I'd quite prefer a dark roast as well if you carry any.

I'm surprised how easily you seem to be able to get these ingredients.  Is your method a secret?  Jeanette seemed rather matter of fact about it but these days all these things are typically much harder to come by.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-16/1719:17>
Sophie laughs.  "The only real secret is finding the people who know how to get the supplies.  And, yes, I am also the proprietor of the coffee shop, but most of the time I am too busy here to really manage it, so I have someone from the community in to help me.  So you want a plain dark roast?  I can get you some, but you really should try the spiced rum.  Your food will be out in a few minutes; I hope that you enjoy it.  Oh, you did not say if you want it spicy or mild?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-30-16/1742:42>
Oh, I'll take both kinds.  As for the food, just make it however you do normally if it needs to be spicier I'll have you make it spicier next time.  If it's too spicy I'll know better next time, but unless you can't taste the food underneath the heat it's probably not too spicy.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-30-16/2323:00>
Sophie nods and smiles at you as she walks away to talk to the diners at one of the other tables.  Glinda leans forward a bit and says, "Did I not tell you this whole community is like a place from another time and location.  But the food is very good and the atmosphere is very laid back and easy."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-31-16/0101:08>
Yes, but I didn't think you meant literally.  The astral here is mesmerizing.  I'm not sure I could cast a spell here even if I tried.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-31-16/0110:49>
Glinda nods her head and chuckles.  "It is a bit uncomfortable for me, which is why I cannot stay here longer than a couple of hours at a time.  It is the same every time I have been here and I do not know if this is some natural astral event or someone manipulating the astral streams.  Frankly, both options are a bit unnerving."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-31-16/0902:08>
I'm rather surprised that they have managed to avoid more public scrutiny.  I can think of any number of groups who might want to study a place like this.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <10-31-16/1056:06>
"Hmmmm.  Good point.  But it could be that the astral phenomena here does a good job of discouraging that sort of thing; I know that I could not stay here long enough to do any real research."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <10-31-16/1944:48>
Perhaps, but I'm getting pretty much the opposite vibe.  Like it's inviting me to get lost in it.  So many things to investigate.  Our new friends, this place, the new reagent you showed me not to mention my regular studies.  I'm going to spread myself too thin on multiple fronts I feel.  I finish with a laugh shaking my head.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-01-16/0152:43>
"Yes, I can sympathize with your problem as I have been in a similar situation more than once.  Your life has changed a lot in the past day or two and it will probably never be the same.  Try not to regret it..  Mmmm, it looks like our food is coming."

Jeanette is carefully making her way across the floor, wending her way between the other tables while carrying a large tray with some bowls on it.  She makes it without sloshing a drop and put the bowls down between you, along with some extra tableware.  The tray also had four small cups of coffee that would be appropriate in a child's tea set service and she places two cups in front of each of you, pointing to them.  "This is the plain dark roast and this is the spiced rum.  I am to tell you that the rum gives it a nice kick, if that is what you are looking for.  Here is some cream and sugar if you need it.  I am to wait to see which you like so I can bring a pot out to you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-01-16/0900:21>
I dutifully taste the coffees but say, They are both lovely but I will stick with the tea sweetie.  Another cup of the dark roast will be lovely with dessert if I have room after all this, though. 

I taste the stew and gumbo, chewing slowly and savoring the flavor of real food.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-01-16/0954:09>
The food is definitely worth savoring, both dishes containing generous chunks of meat and different vegetables in savory sauces.  Glinda lets you take as much as you want then tastes of hers, smiling at the look on your face.  "By the way you seem to be enjoying the food, I think I can say this place is a hit.  I am glad that you enjoy it.  So, which do you like the best?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-01-16/2154:57>
I'm going to have to go with the gumbo.  The crawfish just reminds me a little of krill.  It's good, better than krill for sure still reminds me of it a bit.  I work methodically through the meal eating slowly, enjoying the flavor judging the spiciness.  When finished I lean back and rub my tummy.

Oh, that was yummy.  I'm definitely coming back here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-02-16/0028:25>
Glinda digs in with relish, seeming to greatly enjoy her food.  When finished, she too, sits back and makes appreciative sounds.  The girl comes to the table and begins to move empty plates onto a tray.  "It looks like you enjoyed the meal.  I hope that you have room for at least one slice of spice bread?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-02-16/0849:21>
Oh, I suppose.  I probably shouldn't though.  Just one slice and coffee please.  The food was excellent.  Thank you for the suggestions.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-02-16/1058:06>
Jeanette nods and walks away, seriously concentrating on not dropping the things on her tray.  Glinda watches then says, "Sweet kid.  So, off to my place after we leave here?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-02-16/2055:20>
Yeah I'll summon an earth spirit to move you in.

So I was wondering...I mentioned forming or joining a circle, had you broached that subject with Sian at all?  Are either of you interested in something like that?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-03-16/0119:54>
"Hmmm.  What would that entail, exactly?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-03-16/0911:17>
It's a bit of ritual magic, we come up with rules for the group and it creates a mystical bond between us, making it easier to learn the deeper mysteries of magic.  I thought we could set it up as the four of us as the council in charge and eventually start recruiting those with the Talent from our respective territories



[spoiler]page 129 street grimoire[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-03-16/0945:10>
"Sounds intriguing.  What is the risk and who is the fourth person you have in mind besides Sian, me, and you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-03-16/2206:34>
Well Corbin of course, if you have anyone else you might want to include we can discuss that.  The only danger other than the normal issues with magic is the bond itself will need to be rather potent but since it's a ritual spell it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.  It could theoretically kill us but so could any powerful ritual magic, the chances are slim but we can take precautions so keep it low enough to be manageable.  Those precautions can have consequences of their own however.  Each stricture we include would be a rule that if broken could have repercussions, physical, painful repercussions or even loss of magical ability.  It depends on the rule.  Other things like swearing an Oath and keeping magical links like blood or a special creative work will also make it easier to cast but you have to be sure about the bond because these things can be used against you.  There is a lot of trust involved.  This bond is deep, granted we've only known each other for a few days now but... I don't know it feels like I've known you much longer.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-04-16/0001:31>
"Oh.  That will definitely be something for Sian to decide.  And are you sure that you want to be bound to a pair of................well, you know.  What about Jessica?"

She reaches a hand across the table and touches yours.  "And I really feel that I have known you far longer than a few days, too.  There is a bond of some kind already between us.  What would this other bond do?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-04-16/0059:20>
We will have to let Corbin know and of course Shelly too, those can't keep secrets from each other.  I suppose Jessica could join but I don't think she should be part of the ruling council.  None of us know her at all.  Then as I start training the Talented folks in these gangs we will have a spiffy little mage corps for when the shit hits the fan.  Yeah I don't mind but that's why we'd need to tell Corbin, but I think our goals are well aligned that this wont be so difficult.  I'll look in to possible strictures we might want to include.  I'd trust you and Sian with a material link and an oath to our strictures at least.  I think secrecy would be good, you know, first two rules of magic club, don't talk about magic club.  We can also try to get a mentor spirit involved to guide us as circle.  I have mine but I can see the benefit of having one the order respects as well.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-04-16/0122:51>
"I can bring it up with Sian, but in person.  And she may need to talk with you and Corbin.  She has not lived as long as she has by acting rashly, and she does not know your friends.  How much time do you need to organize this?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-04-16/0837:08>
Certainly it would be something for all four of us to discuss together.  Once the decisions are made I'd say it's pretty much done and it's just creating the group bond,  The important part will be determining the strictures and what we are willing to commit to the circle.  We could probably do it the same day.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-04-16/1131:07>
Glinda nods.  "I will certainly bring it up to Sian, but it might take some convincing from you to sell this idea to her.  It sounds like this would require a high degree of personal trust and that is hard to come by for us.  Too many memories of people with torches and pitchforks, not to mention the wooden stakes, no never forget those.  But I will talk to her about it."

The girl returns with a smaller tray with four thick slices of bread and a pot of butter, all of which she puts on the table.  "Would you like some coffee with this?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-05-16/0002:05>
Of course.  It's not a decision to be taken lightly.  We would set it up that those who might join later do not need be so close knit.  The four of us would be the lead council, assuming you agree of course.

Yes please.  The dark roast would be lovely.  Thank you dear.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-05-16/1422:46>
Glinda nods and munches at her slice of bread as she sips at her coffee.  She gives you a thoughtful look and smiles as she puts her cup down.  "I will go visit Sian and talk to her about it."

Sophie comes to the table with two small bags of coffee.  "Fresh ground, just for you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-05-16/1628:44>
I munch on the bread and sip at the coffee while talking with Glinda.

But first we need to get you moved in and talk to the Jesses,  Are you about ready to go?

Thank you sweetie.  I say to the girl.  I pay for the meal and top it off with a generous tip. 

Once we reach Glinda's place I summon an earth spirit to move her.

[spoiler]summon force 4 earth spirit; resist; drain (http://orokos.com/roll/453675): 9d6t5 4 4d6t5 0 10d6t5 1  [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-05-16/1935:32>
Glinda finishes her drink and nods as she stands.  She follows you out the building and you see that most of the tourists have departed the area, as there is really not much here that attracts people other than the restaurant or the voodoo shop.  But that is not to say that the road is deserted.  You find that there a number of locals out and about, to include several children chasing a metal hoop down the road and others going after some early fireflies.  The old men on the porch tip their hats but do not stop rocking. 

There is a new deputy at the arch as you go through it, heading to Glinda's car who tips his hat and smiles.  "Good evening, ladies.  Hope you had a nice stay and please come back to visit with us again."

The ride to Glinda's apartment building is without event.  Once there, she takes you up to her place and shows you around.  The tour does not take long as she has little to show.  "Not sure how much we need to move.  What do you think I need?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/0155:30>
I suppose it depends on what you want.  Your bed or coffin or whatever, clothes, hygiene products if you even need those.  The rest is to your taste I suppose.  Honestly I don't think you'd NEED a thing.  I've seen you change your clothes with a wave of the hand.  You wouldn't lack for a bed between the three of us, I doubt you'd ever need to sleep alone.  The only apprehension I have is telling the others your secret.  You get why they have to know right?  It doesn't need to be right away but it should be soon if you live with us.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-06-16/0228:36>
Glinda breaks into laughter.  "Coffin?  No, I do not need a coffin anymore.  Once upon a time there were restrictions like that, but I have grown beyond the need for a coffin to rest in.  Hygiene products, yes, but mostly for the benefit of those I am near.  For presentation sake, I do have some things to take over to put in a room, and a few keepsakes that I have picked up over the....................uh, years.............but they do not amount to much."

She moves about to gather a few things and soon there is a medium-sized pile of stuff on the couch, along with a box of mementos.  "I took the place furnished and still have a couple of months left on the lease.  I will keep the lease in case we need another place to go to for any reason.  And yes, I do see the need to tell Corbin and Shelly.  The knowledge will put a tremendous burden on them, just as it does you.  I, we, have found that this is a secret that many people find too hard to carry about for long.  The usual result is a need to relocate to another place.  I know that Sian likes it here and feels compelled to be here for some reason she is not fully sharing with me."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/0507:32>
I surprised you didn't I?  My friends are cut from the same cloth.  They may see things a little differently but not by that much.  I know my friends.  There will be some trepidation but they will see reason.  Then there will be a lot of curiosity and questions...I imagine they will want to meet Sian as well and show them what she is doing.  Her goals are very similar to our own after all, just different neighborhoods.  In fact we should probably do that first.

I turn to the gorgon-like spirit I summoned, Thank you for heeding my call.  We require your assistance.  These items here need to be delivered to my lodge, afterwards we need you to accompany us to a meeting for protection.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-06-16/1216:11>
"Yes.  I was surprised and that does not happen often anymore.  I think a meeting is indeed in order.  Perhaps you and me with Shelly and Corbin first, then I talk to Sian and then we all meet."

The spirit bows and picks everything up before vanishing.  Glinda looks at the space her stuff had been just moments before and shakes her head.  "Yes.  Well, I may never get truly used to that sort of magic.  I am more of a direct user and do not have never really used spirits.  I can see their value, though."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/1309:52>
I don't like using them for menial tasks.  I try to be respectful of them though some will treat them as slaves.  I don't see any reason not to be polite, I've never understood that particular vice to be honest.  Pride, it seems a silly thing.  I understand self respect and dignity, but gloating makes no sense.  Treating people, or spirits, poorly without cause, just doesn't make any sense to me.  Don't get me wrong, some people deserve ridicule and disdain, but that is based on their actions not on your default setting.

You should talk to Sian first.  Then we should show Shelly and Corbin Chinatown and explain what you are attempting to accomplish.  If Sian wishes to meet them at that point then she can.  Then we have that meeting and tell them.  We won't mention Sian without her approval though.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-06-16/1348:01>
Glinda nods.  "Sure.  That makes sense."  She looks about the sparse room, now a bit more sparse with the rem,oval of her things.  "Seems a bit cold here to me now that there is little of me left here.  Are we off to the meeting with our new maybe partners?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/1428:35>
Sure, give the place a once over and make sure you have everything,

I link the Jessies, We're on at Pulse.  Use the side entrance and they will let you in without a hassle.

When you talk to Sian are you wanting to do that alone or should I accompany you?  We sort of have a lot to talk about and half of it is my idea.  Shall we visit her after?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-06-16/1459:06>
Glinda laughs.  "Sure, we can go see her after our meeting; it is not like she will be asleep or anything.  And I do think that it is important that you be there to explain what I am not familiar with."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/1606:46>
We head to Pulse.  Once there I inform the guards about my friends.  We take a seat and set up the tables white noise generators.  I will deal with those who approach me but I won't be pushing today.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-06-16/1903:12>
Pulse is jumping when you get there, but your table is reserved and waiting for you.  It is techno night and Glinda laughs and takes you out to the dance floor where you find that she has an excellent feel for the beat of the music and seems to prefer this type.  She moves with a sensuous grace mixed with an abandon that has some people near you reaching out to touch her, which seems to bother her not at all; instead, she just seems to let go a bit more as she writhes and moves to the music.  Her eyes are on yours as the hands of several strangers touch her face, sides, and breasts and you notice when they seem to change first to a light red color then a deep crimson from their normal hue.  She smiles at everyone, but when she turns it on you, you know that the others are just toys and that you are the one for her.  You know what she is but there is just something........................some almost animalistic draw to her that you find difficult to explain or ignore.  She moves in close to you and there is a hunger in her eyes and mouth that reaches out to you as she leans in and runs her tongue down your cheek and the side of your neck, easily competing to be the most sensual feeling you have ever had.  Her hand cups your breast and her thumb flicks across your already hardening nipple as her mouth seeks out yours and her kiss seems to stop time as your body goes into sexual overdrive.  She pulls back and looks deeply into your eyes and no else in the room exists for a few seconds.....minutes......hours......ever. For an instant, you are allowed to share what an immortal love might be like then the music breaks in before you can get more of it, leaving you completely breathless and a bit weak at the knees.  She places her forehead against yours and whispers one word that your ears cannot make out in the din, but your inner soul hears it.  "Isla"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-06-16/2346:43>
After dancing for a while I bring her back to the table.  What is that thing you do.  Is it magic or is it how you feed?  And why does it make me feel like it does?  Am I noticing the effects just from being around you or when you do it or am I getting in the way somehow?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-07-16/0014:05>
Glinda talks softly, yet you seem perfectly able to hear her in the noisy room.  "It was both.  I was using magic to feed.  I was taking a small bit from a number of people around us, but not from you.  What did it make you feel like?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-07-16/0829:35>
I feel a pull, both alluring and scary.  Like it's bait for a trap, dangerously seductive, like nectar from a carnivorous plant.  I thought maybe it was part of the magic you used and I was just caught in the fringes of it.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-07-16/0953:00>
Glinda shakes her head and reaches for your hands, causing an almost electric shock to pass between the two of you.  Her eyes open a bit wider for an instant.  "No, I think there is something more to it than just being on the fringe of what I was doing.  I was not reaching out to you to take anything, but I felt that I was being drawn to you as a moth to flame.  Are you my doom, Isla?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-08-16/0008:00>
Your doom?  Are you waxing poetic or is that something I should know about?  If I'm your doom it would only be because you desired it.  Tell me about the Isla you knew.  Do you think she could have been my great grandmother that my mother would talk about?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-08-16/0155:50>
Glinda's face takes on a very sad look.  Her eyes seem to focus far away as she shakes her head.  "I would not think they are the same, but.............................My isla, or rather, Sian's and mine was our sister wife and the third of us.  We lived and loved a very long time ago.  She was an Egyptian beauty and our brother husband wanted her very much and turned her when she was in the flower of her youth.  We were together for centuries, happy in our immortality.  Then the Venetian Doge and several other European princes conspired to weaken Constantinople just as the hated Ottomans were making plans to besiege the city.  Still, things might have worked out, as the Sultan of the Ottomans was losing heavily in his war.  But traitors within took advantage of the weaknesses created by the Doge and opened the gates to the invaders and life changed.  Our brother husband was betrayed and killed and we three fled on foot with some jewels, vowing vengeance.  We walked across the lands to get to Venice and plotted to have the Doge and his friends pay for the loss of our beloved Constantinople and our brother husband.  In the end, we accomplished all we set out to do, but Isla had grown tired and left us shortly afterwards.  Not even the love we had thought we shared was enough to keep her.  It seems that her love was for our husband and less for Sian and me.  I know not where she went after that, perhaps to the lands of your name.  Still, I doubt that she would have been the woman your mother spoke of, but the name is odd enough to get my attention.  In any case, we loved her much more than she loved us.............and still I miss her touch and the way her eyes caught the light and reflected it back."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-08-16/0832:36>
That's terrible.  I hope she brought you more good memories than those bad ones.  You're right though, unless she could have children, which I assume you can't, there's no way she could be my ancestor.

I check the time on my com to see how much more time before we can expect the Jessie's.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-08-16/1001:24>
Glinda nods.  "Yes, it is a very sad tale.  There were many good memories, but they were mostly illusion, as she really cared for our husband and not so much for Sian and me.  And in the end, there is even some concern that he had tired of us and grown closer to Isla.  Even vampires can love and such a revelation was hard to accept or handle.  Sian and I have been together for a very long time.  We have had mortal lovers, but the sad truth is that my appearance will stay as you see it while lovers grow older and die."

Even as you check your chrono, five people approach your table.  You recognize Jess, Jessie, and Jessica, but the other two are strangers, although the family resemblance is striking.  Once at the table, Jessica motions to the strangers.  "We thought that it would be prudent to bring Jessup and Jezzabel to this meeting.  There is a sixth sibling, but he is..............detained from attending this meeting.  Is it alright if they join us?"

Both newcomers look remarkably like the other three and it might be hard to tell them apart if they wanted to pretend to be each other.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-08-16/2000:25>
Good grief, are you guys clones or something?  Of course, if we are all going to be working together it's only natural that we should meet.  I had a feeling I'd be seeing more of you.  What were the chances of me stumbling on to the only two Jessie's in the two areas I was expanding into.  I didn't think you would all be...what is it sextuplets.  I may have to tell you that joke after all.

I peer at them in astral space and assense them, nodding and smiling as they are introduced.

It's a pleasure to meet you all.  I, as I'm sure you've been told by now, go by Lizzie Borden, or just Lizzie.  If you are all as competent as your siblings are I think we will get along marvelously.

So let me tell the story, it's a little groan-worthy but it's worth a few chuckles and I must say I cannot think of a better time for it.  I used to work security for a guy in the Barrens.  He was a social worker and ran a shelter poor folks flooded that place down on their luck and he got some grant to pay the bills and his salary.  So one day this single mom and her five young kids show up, ages 4 to 10 maybe and I thought, oh goody a bunch of screaming kids are just gonna make my day.  Sure enough it doesn't take them five minutes to start acting up but before they get too loud the mom says "Lee Roy!"   Every one of those kids shut their mouths.  I almost started applauding.  I said "how did you get them all to be quiet?  You only said one of their names."  And she replies "Nah, they all Lee Roy" she saw that I was confused and pointed out they have different spellings for the girls "Leigh Roi" and she mentioned a famous boxer at the turn of the century who named all his children George.  "Well okay" I said.  "but what if you only want to call one of them?  What do you do then?"  She replies "Oh, that's easy.  I just call em by their last name."

Buh dum Tss.

[spoiler]I may have already assensed Jessie, but I get general mood and on the 3's and 4 their magical power in relation to me as well.
Assense x 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/454653): 8d6t5 2 8d6t5 3 8d6t5 3 8d6t5 4 8d6t5 2 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-09-16/0038:01>
Four of them chuckle at the joke.  Jezzabel leans forward and looks you in the eye.  "So what sort of security were you doing for a homeless shelter?"  Jessie gently punches her in the arm, getting a blank stare in return.  From your assensing, Jessica seems to be the only mage of them and her power is likely on a par with yours.  The general mood seems to be upbeat and interested.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-09-16/0817:39>
No, but seriously are you all twins or what?

So, what are your plans in the barrens and how can I help?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-09-16/0955:18>
Jezzabel looks at you with her almost blank stare.  "Of course we are all twins.  All twelve of us were."  She looks like she is going to say something else, but Jess puts a hand on her arm, bringing back the near blank look before turning to look at you.  "Look, we were all part of a genetic experiment to create a superior being, a sort of collective that could with everyone doing something in concert to increase the effectiveness of the group.  Something went wrong at the lab and a decision was made to cancel the program, which meant cancel us.  They came in the night and started killing us, but two of the scientists managed to help six of us escape.  The rest died.  We fled here to hide and make plans.  Our goal is to bring down the people that turned on us to try to hide what they had created."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-09-16/2109:59>
I wince.  I know that pain.  Ghouls ate my little sister.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Were you close?

I flag down a waitress Scotch, best ya got.  Bring the bottle, glasses and a bucket of ice please.  We will drink to family and to vengeance.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-10-16/0223:20>
Only Jezzabel has a blank face; the others all cloud over in various stages of anger and.............something...............else.  Jess nods and says, "Yes, we were all very close.  We were bred to almost think like each other, to anticipate each other's needs.  The immediate loss was almost unbearable as we felt the others die.  It almost prevented us from leaving as we tried to turn on the killers.  But the two scientists that were helping us kept herding us along, using our own strength against us to keep us moving away.  They got us out of the complex and into a van they stole, giving us some money and the directions to go to hide.  The last we saw of them was in the rear view mirror as we drove away."

They all go silent for a bit when you mention your sister, the silence only broken by the arrival of the bottle and glasses.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-10-16/0804:07>
I place a cube of ice in each glass and pour two fingers over them and pass them around.  I hold up my glass, to absent family and their killers ruin.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-10-16/1026:05>
In what appears to be an amazingly synchronized movement, all six siblings pick up their glasses as one and drink the whiskey down, placing the empty glasses back on the table at the same time.  Each acknowledges your toast and smiles, well all but Jezzebel, whose rather disconcerting blank stare does not seem to change much during all of this.  Jessica leans forward.  "All of this is good, but why did you want to talk to us?  What are YOUR plans?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-10-16/2145:06>
Plans are fluid.  I have ideas and goals.  My actions are based on the best information I have at any given time and the best way to achieve those goals.  So while I have no plans per say, other than making money with you folks, my goal is to make the Barrens, or at least my part of it stable and prosperous.  Relatively speaking of course.  The gang wars, shifting territories and alliances, the general violence of every day existence needs to end.  This whole Might makes Right thing that's going on isn't in my best interest, and it certainly wasn't in the best interest of my friends when ghouls invaded our neighborhood.

Besides, a little bit of order is good for business.  I think the best way to do that at this point is a criminal empire.  It seems like you folks have a similar idea, I thought maybe we could work together.  You at least seem to have your shit together which is more than I can say for must of the bastards I've met in the barrens.  Professionalism is so hard to find these days.  So tell me...how can I help?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-11-16/0126:29>
As one, four heads turn to look at Jessica.  Jezzabel does not seem to understand that you have asked a question and continues to stare at you.  For the others, though, Jessica seems to be the primary spokesperson.  She nods at you and says, "Yesssss.  Similar goals, perhaps.  The criminal enterprises we have entered into are a good stepping stone to a greater goal than simple stability in the Barrens, though.  It would seem, however, that our short term goals align with yours and I can see that there is room for a conversation and perhaps even a working relationship, even though you are not one of us.  We already control two of the smaller gangs and are in position to shortly secure control over two more.  I am in control of a honed and experienced group of mercenaries that can provide us some security as well as some mobile force projection.  Is this of interest to you and can it help you help us?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-11-16/0208:13>
I refill everyone's glass and continue on.  The problem with the stability in the barrens is the competition.  The Vory, Mafia, Yakuza, Triads, Seoulpa...move too fast and we risk the big boys coming into play and they will likely see us as a threat as soon as we make our presence known, unless you guys have ties to any of them.  That's a long way off though.  I don't need any mercenaries right now, but there may certainly come a day.

Which corp are you after?  You going to take down the whole thing or just the people involved?  What kind of resources do you think you will need for that?  We also discussed other more immediate concerns regarding accidental death and dismemberment insurance and promotions.

I say to Jezzabel I mean some of you mentioned killing their boss to take his place.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-11-16/1043:26>
Jezzabel opens her mouth to say something but closes it when Jessica puts a hand on her arm.  The mage looks to you and says, "Does it matter so much right now which AAA it is?  I think that we are still a bit early in the planning stages for that to be necessary.  And we agree that planning for this needs to be drawn out so that we do not move too fast and get noticed too soon.  That is why we only have three gangs, including my mercenaries, and are waiting patiently before moving on the others."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-11-16/1448:32>
No I don't suppose it matters.  Knowing that it's a triple A does.  I'll have to make educated guesses I'm thinking Horizon or Evo.  No that's not important at this point but it will become important if we are to align in this, food for thought.  If you think rivaling a criminal syndicate will be an easy or short term goal, well...I think I will need a little convincing of that.

So short term, what can I help you with?  You trusted me enough to bring me into your plans in this small way.  I understand if you want to keep me in the dark as to specifics but I am a professional as well and there is a certain etiquette to follow.  I don't sell out business partners as a matter of propriety, but words are just that.  If you have investigated me, and I would be disappointed if you hadn't, you know my reputation proceeds me.  My ability to help is directly tied to how much I know, so tell me what you feel you can and we'll conspire accordingly.

I lean back and raise my glass with a nod and take a drink.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-12-16/1413:47>
Jezzabel looks over to Glinda.  "You are known but we do not know anything about her." 

Jessica squeezes her sister's arm, quieting her.  "Sorry about that.  She can be very blunt.  Yes, we have done some research and have picked up some information on you, Lizzie, but almost nothing on Glinda.  She has been seen in your company, though, and it is assumed that you trust her."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-12-16/1703:47>
I do trust her, but fair enough.  Glinda, would you mind excusing us for a while?

When she is out of earshot I turn back to the Jessie's.  Are you put at ease?  She was just concerned for my safety as, I'm sure you are aware, there isn't much known about you and yours.  I don't mind blunt, blunt can be refreshing.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-13-16/0321:56>
Glinda nods and leaves the table without saying anything.  Jessica waits until she is gone and you have spoken to reply.  "Thank you.  That woman might be your friend, but she gives me the willies and that takes something.  I took the liberty of assensing both of you, as I am sure that you have done with us.  You are impressive and I think that we are very much alike, but your friend is just scary.  She is reading as a perfectly normal woman with no emotions evident other than calm.  Now, I could see that with someone who is going about a normal wageslave sort of existence, but I rather doubt that she is a normal wageslave if she is helping you.  And nobody I know can hide an aura that well, so I am wary of her.  Are you aware if she has the ability to mask herself?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-13-16/0402:16>
Of course.  It's a very handy skill to have.  I hope to learn it soon myself.  She is scary, however she has proven herself trustworthy to me and I am proud to call her friend.  However, she left so that we could privately discuss your plans, not so that we could talk of her behind her back.  You have my word that I will keep information compartmentalized.  Shall we discuss your plans then?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-13-16/1131:15>
>>I am outside and waiting in the car.  Ping me if you need me and I will be with you before you know it.<<

Jessica nods.  "Point taken and I am sorry.  We are firmly committed to moving slowly and would not even be as far along as we are were it not for circumstance.  Five of us infiltrated different gangs with the idea that we would eventually work our way to the top of the ladder in each and be ready with a larger gang with which to challenge the authority of Renraku corporation.  Three of the gangs ran into problems and we had to move faster than we had planned.  Two former gang leaders died while out on gang activities and a third proved to be so incompetent that he was destroying the gang from within and needed to be replaced.  The other two are moving according to schedule.  We were originally looking at another three years or so before being ready to make some of our challenges."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-13-16/1322:40>
Okay so again that's the long term plan and it will be good to know moving forward but surely you have more stages than Phase One: gain control of gangs,  Phase Two: use them to attack Renraku.  You will need to train your people.  You will need intelligence to know where to strike them and when.  Renraku won't be some push over you will need resources.  Three years is optimistic in my opinion, but then again I don't know the full extent of your current resources but I think I have a fairly good idea..

But again this is long term plans, how can I help you now?  I mean besides our current business venture.  I'm assuming Jessie's gang is the incompetent one that you were referring to? 

Also I can make heavier designer drugs for quickly enhanced shock troops.  I wouldn't try to rely on that too much, that would be for like emergencies and mission critical ops.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-13-16/1625:07>
Jessica laughs, "No, the idiot he is currently working for is a genius compared to the one Jessup was with.  Our short term goals are pretty defined by surviving and taking over these gangs, but we could listen to other ideas.  What do you have in mind?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-13-16/1707:22>
Well, I could help with the gangs.  I got the impression that you were looking for allies and our purposes seem aligned.  So I offered our assistance, or rather Glinda did and I agreed. 

I propose an alliance.  I don't run my gang but they all know who keeps them happy.  Once we get them trained up and disciplined we can consolidate.  Make a kind of meta gang where each individual gang will be a feeder to the true organization.  Directly run by our little council here.  We can use the money from our enterprises to enhance our people, supply them with high quality armaments.  Honestly the only thing I can see us lacking are hackers.  I don't suppose any of you have a specialty in this area?

I have a few ideas that can consolidate the power base as well.  I had been considering a project where I test the locals for magical abilities and train them and make a magician corp.  I never thought it would be feasible in the small scale of my gangs territory, but if we all contributed there should be a few teachable ones.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-14-16/0021:02>
All of the others turn to look at Jezzabel when you ask about hackers.  Jessica gently squeezes her sister's arm.  "Jezzabel keeps us all in and protected.  Her mind was..............altered..............a bit by our creators to be very good at that.  Sadly, what they did also had some negative side effects on her personality.  Something else they will pay for."

"Mages are rare and good ones even rarer.  Effective training can take a long time.  Are you looking for young ones to put in some sort of school?  Or older ones that are already trained?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-14-16/0759:22>
I was thinking the young ones, but both would be suitable.  Like I said this would be long term but handy in consolidating the powerbase.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-14-16/0914:33>
Jessica nods and looks to the others before turning back to you.  "We can certainly get behind that.  Do you have a place in mind to send kids to and a teacher, yet, or is this the first step in that direction?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-14-16/0952:22>
I have my eye on a few properties in my immediate area, but nothing set in stone.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-14-16/1119:50>
"Well, that gives us a bit of time.  But perhaps you could work up some sort of package like to have provided to Jess and Jessie for Jessup.  I can't really use it and neither can Jasmine or Jezzabel.  I think that we can make a good start on spreading the drugs around and putting a portion of the money aside to make improvements.  So, is this the group, or is Glinda to be involved in the decision process?  I feel bad about chasing her away and should make an apology if you had thought to include her."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-14-16/2119:42>
I just so happen to have a supply on me.  Jessie was able to pay his up front but Jess and I worked out a slightly different deal.  You want the whole set it's up front, you want 50 cram I'm willing to let that go on credit and you can owe me.

As for Glinda, I don't see the need for her to be included at this time, but I will covet her council on these matters as I would all of my friends.  I can guarantee our complete discretion though.  She's part of my crew and she probably deserves the apology, but she's a big girl she understands it's just biz.

So let me make sure i understand Jessica and Jezzabel have not infiltrated gangs you have this mercenary company instead.  Jessup Jess and your detained sister Jasmine have already taken control of theirs and Jessie is close to doing so himself.  May I ask why Jasmine doesn't want to get in on our little business plan?  Also that brings us full circle to why this meeting was set up after all.   I noticed Jessie and Jessica had similar attitudes names and looks and I put two and two together while we were brainstorming ways to help Jessie take care of his problem and frankly I wouldn't mind offing that oaf who runs his gang anyway.  He suggested a sit down with everyone...or did I?  Well we seemed to agree that would be a good idea.  Are you intent on waiting for his play or can we update that time table...that pig can't be doing a good job running that gang.

Oh and we should probably establish which gangs are in our little circle.  I know Jessie's and Jess' but not the others.  We are called Scarlet Blades we own the territory between Jess and Jessie's groups and a little bit more north of them.

[spoiler]OOC:  I don't actually know their gangs but I scouted them so my character should know.[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-15-16/1430:20>
Jessica laughs.  "Right now, Jasmine is somewhere on the I5, mixing it up with a sub-branch of the 'Weeners who were bold enough to challenge her.  She was apologetic, but not too much.  She is really into the mixing it up bit and is definitely our most out-going sister."  She turns to one of her brothers.  "Jessup, why don't you take the packet and see what you can do with it.?"

Jessup smiles at you and leans forward with his hand outstretched.  "Tell me what I owe for the entire packet and I will pay for it.  Had a bit of luck earlier today when we shook down some mooks trying to cross our territory."

Jessica gives him a punch in the arm, eliciting a mock groan from him.  "You bugger-head.  Why did you not say something before.  Let me have some of that so I can clear my debt with our new partner."

After you tell them how much your packets are worth, Jessup slips you some credsticks to cover the cost.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-15-16/2054:33>
I meant, should I make her a batch as well?  I say pocketing the credsticks.    And what about Jessie's predicament?

OOC: updated Lizzies picture.
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3c/b2/f4/3cb2f4f3afcfb529cbc46acc48f66b66.jpg)
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-15-16/2219:09>
OOC:  Cool picture.


Jessica nods.  "Ah, I see.  Yes, I would think she is interested in a packet.  She actually has the greatest opportunity to spread the drugs around, so it would be a good fit."

Jezzabel nods and says, "She would like that very much.  She expects to be back in the city in two hours, if you would like to meet.  Otherwise we can set something up for later."

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-15-16/2309:10>
Sure I can get more just tell me when and where.

On another note...would you mind if I tested your abilities just a bit Jezzabel?  I have an interest in a man by the name of Alvin Corse, a little side project I'm working on.  I have his contact information here, do you think you could find anything out about him over the next few hours?  I have had a friend on it for a few hours already I was hoping for a cross reference.  Think you can pull that off?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-16-16/0956:47>
Jezzabel does not change the expression on her face, but simply looks at Jessica, who asks, "What do you need to know about him and can you tell us anything that can get her started besides his contact information?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-16-16/2044:24>
It's all I have on him, but I need everything you can find.  I want to know his hearts most secret desires.  I want to know what he had for breakfast on his 12th birthday.  I turn to Jezzabel, wink and say That's a figure of speech.  I want as complete a profile on this guy as you can get.  I am going to have to run a game on this guy to find out his closest secrets and I need anything you can find to get me an in.

Where should we meet Jasmine?  I can meet her in about 2 hours or so.  We should brainstorm on Jessie's predicament.  I can take care of it but I imagine certain conditions will need to be met.  It could be as simple as giving him a drug he will OD on, that's hardly a leap for his lifestyle, but there may be methods that would be more conducive to Jessie moving up in the group.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-19-16/1040:57>
Jezzabel nods in answer to you.

Jessie snorts.  "Almost any means of killing him would work, as long as it does not come back to me, I suppose.  Even then, some on the gang would probably approve of me doing it.  We have delayed that part of our action because we do not want to move too fast, but this may be the right time.  Are we agreed?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-19-16/1325:50>
If it's just effectiveness I could sic a spirit on him, at least I'd get to watch that,
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <11-30-16/1007:06>
Jessica looks at the others then nods as she turns back to you.  "Sure.  Go ahead if you like.  When would you like to do it?  I think Jessie needs to be in the vicinity to take control after the guy is killed."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <11-30-16/1958:21>
Some night or another.  We could even stage it while Jessie is there and have him,  I raise my hands and make air quotes "fight it off".  That might look good to his boys and add to his influence over them.  How do you want to play it Jessie?  Your gang your show.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-01-16/0921:24>
Jessie looks at Jessica first then when she nods, he switches to you.  "Yes, I would like to be there and I think that your idea of having me fight your spirit off is a good one.  When would be convenient for you to do this?  And I would think we might need to at least talk out what is going to happen so that it looks real."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-01-16/1024:52>
I could do it tonight if you really wanted, the timing doesn't matter.  The spirit would manifest kill your boss then fight you for a bit, but not hurt you, then act as if it were disrupted.  Depending on when we do it we could even choreograph the fight.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-01-16/2321:30>
He nods.  "Good.  But I think tonight is not the best time.  What about I meet you tomorrow and we work out the details.  If everything goes well, we can try for tomorrow night or the next?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-01-16/2351:18>
Sure.  I'm sending my comcode to everyone to keep in touch.  You can let me know when you want to meet up with Jasmine.  I should probably go unruffle Glindas feathers a bit.  I'm sure she understands why you guys wanted her left out, doesn't mean she's happy about it though.  I'll see you in a few hours.

I head out to to the car and knock on the window before joining Glenda.   I grin at her while climbing into the car.  Home Jeeves.  I need to get another batch started.  Sorry I made you take off for a while.  I talked you up bunches so I don't think they will have a problem with you in the future.  I can understand their paranoia though.  They've had a rough time of it.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-02-16/0334:06>
Glinda shakes her head.  "They really know frag all about paranoia or what having a rough time is.  Try fifteen hundred years of running and hiding from mobs of people with pitchforks and torches trying to drive a stake into what passes for your heart.  Try living with a hunger for precious blood that never, ever goes away and only becomes more manageable after the first four hundred years.  There are reasons why there are so few of my kind, Lizzie, and none of them are pretty.  Those people back there know nothing of hardships."  She looks over at you without smiling.  "Do you want my friendship?  Do you want to be partners?  I had thought I knew where I stood, but it hurt to be shuffled off to the sidelines in such a cavalier manner.  Does that make any sense to you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-02-16/0842:45>
I look at Glinda and search her eyes.  I reach over and cup her face as I say, I'm sorry.  Sometimes we have to do distasteful thing in the short term for a long term gain.  If it makes you feel any better I talked you up and they were all ready to apologize to you for the slight.  You are welcome at future meetings, though I thought you might not be interested.

Of course you are my friend.  As for partners I am partners with you and Sian in your gentrification project in the Chinatown Barrens.  Did you want to be involved in my plans for Redmond?  I never actually considered that.  I've thought of you as a general ally and friend and I treasure your counsel, but I fear I never expected you to be invested in my work there.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-03-16/1327:03>
For an instant, Glinda closes her eyes and presses her cheek against your palm.  There is an odd look in her eyes when she opens them again; almost as if asking a question on their own.  After a short pause, she smiles and says, "Sorry.  I guess that even fifteen or sixteen hundred years cannot shake some of the the insecurities of my youth, eh?"  She leans over to kiss you, lightly flicking her tongue across your lips before probing.  After a few seconds she breaks but keeps her forehead against yours.  "I would like very much to be your partner in all that you do.  If you are not ready for that, then tell me so I know where I stand.  It might be hard to fathom, but being somewhere between alive and dead has not taken all emotion from me and I do have feelings and sensibilities and I can feel pain and heartache.  I will give you all the space you think you need, but I would like to know what that is before just being pushed aside.  It would have hurt far less if you had told me in advance that I should wait in the car."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-03-16/1437:26>
This sounds dangerously like a relationship talk.  I don't want to alienate Glinda but I can't just give up the reigns of my project.

I sigh and lean back in my seat.  Then look over at Glinda with a mischievous grin.  I'm a little surprised you didn't see through that little maneuver.  It was subtle but it both increased my value at the table and put the others at ease at the same time.  Giving me a hand up in the negotiations... Not to mention protecting your secret from some dangerous players.  You showed them I had powerful allies who deferred to my judgement.  I'm sorry it hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intention, but you have to trust me if we are going to work together. 

I am a con artist and you learn to recognize angles in fluid situations.  Sometimes things occur that need to be acted upon without prior collaboration and that was one of those times.  Please be assured I would never intentionally do something to harm you.

I value your counsel Glinda and I was going to share the details of our discussion with you, but frankly I'm just not ready to share the reigns on this project.  It's been my primary motivation for nearly a decade of my life.  I would love if you would work with me in this endeavor but I need to be in charge of this.  I hope that's not a deal breaker.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-03-16/2209:02>
Glinda looks at you as she processes what you have said.  She might make a good poker player since her face gives nothing away of what she is thinking.  When the silence gets to be several seconds, her face suddenly explodes into a smile that seems to mirror what is in her eyes.  "I am sorry about that.  I do trust you and want to help you.  I guess it is just that both of us are strong women who feel a need to be involved and in charge.  I will bow to you on this project, however; it is yours and I am merely along for the ride and to give you whatever support you ask of me.  I am sorry if I came across as selfish and bossy.  Sometimes I forget what being with someone I respect and admire is like as it has been far too long since I met anyone who fit that description, except for Sian, of course."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-04-16/0032:39>
I shake my head.  I don't want you to apologize Glinda.  Your feelings are valid.  I want you to tell me how you feel.  I'm not trying to shut down the conversation I just want you to know where I'm coming from so that we can be on the same page and hopefully make you feel better about it. 

I don't know why but you and Sian are the first people I've opened up to besides Shelly and Corbin since the rest of us were killed.  Maybe it's because we see things in a similar way or have similar goals but I feel closer to you two than anyone besides my friends.  I want you to realize that means something to me.  I'm a controlling manipulative bitch, and it's hard for me to let go of things that are important to me.  Please try to remember you are one of those things.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-04-16/1003:53>
Glinda looks at you and her features soften.  "Thank you, you are important to me, too.  So, home you said?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-04-16/1539:34>
Yes home.  You need to arrange your room how you want it.  I'll let the spirit off the hook afterwards.  I need to get the next batch started too.  Once that's done and I grab the last of my stash for the Jessies and make another delivery.  Then we can go talk to Sian about starting the group and setting up a meeting with Corbin so she can get to know him.

Once home I direct the spirit to assist Glinda with arranging her room and then dismiss him from his services.  Thank you for your service.  I am glad we did not need to put you in danger.

I strip down and put on the protective gear and start the next batch while Glinda rearranges her room.  Afterwards I get ready to make the delivery for the Jessies.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-04-16/2129:11>
Everything goes smoothly with your batch preparation, which is about all you have time for if you are going to meet Jasmine on time.  Glinda is sitting cross-legged on the floor outside the prep room when you emerge, her eyes closed and her arms on her knees with her palms open and turned up.  Without opening her eyes, she says, "Are we ready to leave?  I was going to come in to help, but saw that you were nearly finished.  Are we returning to the club?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-04-16/2356:24>
I'm not sure.  They said to call to set up the meet and see if Jessica can find anything on this guy Alvin Corse.

Hey I got the stuff you wanted.  You said to let you know in a few hours and we could meet.  Where are we going?  And bring Jezzabel for that report on Alvin too.

What are you doing?  Meditating?  I'm considering going on an astral quest and initiate myself.  I would prefer to do it with a group but I think that may take a little longer than I'm wanting to wait.  We can still make the group of course but I'm getting antsy.  I go over to my altar and inspect the grain of the black marble.  The smoothness of the cut. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-05-16/0054:10>
The response from Jessica is almost instantaneous.  >>Lazy B in Touristville.  We will be there until 0200.  Oh, and I am supposed to tell you oatmeal, soy-bran muffin, and soy-orange juice.<<

"Yes, meditating. It helps clear my mind.  What is this about initiating?  I thought that you were already a sorceress?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-05-16/0240:57>
nice!  I hope she got more than that though.

We're meeting at Lazy B.  Initiation is seeking the higher mysteries.  Like your ability to mask your aura or centering to reduce the fatigue cost of a spell or summoning and rituals.  Doing it as a group is easier but I'm impatient and we don't even know if Sian will be interested.  You ready?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-05-16/1040:07>
Glinda nods and rises to her feet.  It is more a sort of flowing than the physical effort of standing, but that should not be possible, right?  Anyway, she is on her feet and walks with you to the car.  "Lazy B.  Touristville.  That place has a rep for being wild and noisy.  Just us or will the others meet us there?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-06-16/0013:54>
Probably.  Corbin and Shelly are usually back by now but if they are selling they could be out a while and I haven't heard them.  I'll link em just in case.  If they are near we will wait for them.

Hey guys we are going to meet at Lazy B if you guys are close to the building or there meet us there for a meet with the Jessies I'll  introduce you to a few more.

Once we determine who all will be coming I fill Glinda in on what was discussed at the meeting with the meta gang and consolidating power as well as the test for their hacker as we drive there.    Don't suppose you've heard of Alvin Corse?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-09-16/0004:29>
Unfortunately, both Corbin and Shelly are still out selling and no where near Tourisville.  Both indicate that they could drop what they are doing, although Corbin says that he has a potential heavy hitter on the hook that might need some more time and he would rather not break that off right now.

Glinda nods as you explain what went down at the meeting and grins when you talk of killing Jessie's boss.  "I think it is a good idea to let him fight your spirit off.  Would you like me to summon one of my.....associates or do you want to deal with this?"

"Alvin Corse?  No, I do not think I am familiar with the name.  Should I be?  Who is he and why is he important?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-09-16/0909:43>
Now worries I doubt there will be a need I just didn't want you to feel left out.

I'll handle the spirit. 

No reason you should know, but with the amount of coincidences lately I figured I'd ask.  I just need to find out about the guy and run a game on him.

Once at the club I scope out a good position near a corner unless I see the Jessies first.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-16/0146:21>
OOC:  LOL  Even good GMs forget things on occasion, and I do not claim to be one.  Who is Alvin Corse and where did I introduce him? 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-11-16/0319:10>
OOC:  Page 19 about halfway down.  One of Seductresses "minions"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-16/1308:36>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0100  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


The Lazy B is located near the outer edge of Tourisville and caters to the country music set and your ears are assaulted by the twang of country music even as you leave the car and walk across the parking lot filled with a wide variety of vehicles.  A row of Harley Davidson's finest is parked near one end of the lot, with two very large Trolls standing watch over them.  The door to the bar is open to allow smoke to flow out and air to flow in, although your first glimpse inside leads you to think that there is still more smoke than fresh air inside the place.  An Ork bouncer does not even ask for IDs as he gives both of you a quick visual once over.  He smiles at you and waves you on inside.

The interior of the bar consists of a large wooden floor in the center with a rail that separates it from the tables set along three of the walls.  The fourth wall is almost entirely taken up by a long bar, behind which are several men and women serving drinks to those standing there or sitting at the few stools available.  A number of people are in lines on the wooden dance floor, moving in time to the beat and everyone doing the same steps at the same time in some sort of robotic movement.

A lifted arm catches your attention and you see Jessica standing at one of the tables and waving you over.  Jezzabel is sitting at the table next to a woman who clearly bears a resemblance to her and the rest of the Jessies.  Glinda looks at you with a grin.  "They all do look alike, don't they.  I wonder if they are clones?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-11-16/1554:25>
They said they were all "twins" and they were genetically bred.  If that's not cloning I don't know what else to call it.

I wave back and join them.  So you are Jasmine, I say addressing the third woman.  A pleasure to meet you.  I have that stuff you wanted and I can't wait for you to tell me all about Mr. Corse.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-11-16/2209:15>
Jasmine stands and holds out a hand.  She is built very like the others you have seen, but the body under the light tee is more developed than what you have seen in the others.  A grin flashes across her face as she nods.  "Jasmine it is.  Sorry I missed your meeting earlier, but I had a small problem on the I5 I needed to clear up.  Some punk 'Weener wanna-bes were making trouble and looking to try to horn in on my turf so I had to go take care of business.  Jessica has pretty much filled me in, but I would like to hear the details from you, if you don't mind?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-11-16/2249:00>
I shake her hand and give her an appraising look.  I sell you the merchandise at 80% of the street cost, you distribute it and keep the rest.  The price for this package is 7200 the street is 9k, when you want more you let me know how much and what kind if you have something that sells better than the others or something.

Funny I would have thought you guys would have wanted your Face at the initial meeting.  We could have rescheduled.  You will forgive the assumption I hope, but I have a nose for these things.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-12-16/1046:48>
Jasmine nods and hands you a cred stick to slot to your 'link, holding out her hand for the packet of drugs.  "I will see what I can do with this."  Her eyes widen a bit as they find Glinda, who is standing behind you.  You notice that she controls a slight twitch of her left hand as she continues.  "Not sure what you expected, but we don't really have a face since we do not normally project anything like a unified front.  Too many people are spooked the fact that we look so much alike.  Who is your companion?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-12-16/2341:16>
That's a good reason to have a single person as a face for your particular group.  Also keeps anyone hunting you guys from hearing a bunch of stories of six twins in the shadows...that's got to be pretty distinctive.

This is Glinda.  I'm surprised your family didn't mention her.  She is a business partner, trusted advisor, and very good friend.

I take a moment to peer into the astral and assense Jasmine, kicking myself for forgetting to as I joined them. [spoiler]Assensing Jasmine (http://orokos.com/roll/465824): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]

Afterwards I look to Jezzabel, rubbing my hands.  So tell me everything you know about Alvin Corse
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-13-16/0055:25>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0110  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine is not awakened.  She is a bit suspicious right now.

Jessica nods and says, "I am usually the one who does the talking, if that is what you mean.  And I did not mention your friend because I had thought she was not part of this and that you had sent her away.  I am sorry of I misunderstood that part."

"36
70 inches, 170 pounds
Pale blond hair, blue eyes, no facial hair, no ink, scar from dog bite on left arm when 8
Divorced, apparently heterosexual, wife left him for better prospects, no children
Lower level day shift manager at EVO Consolidated Industries, two black marks for insubordination
Owns home at 2769 Blankenship Drive
Drives 2065 Americar, red, last maintenance was 8/72073
Gambles at Blood Bowl, mostly loses
Smokes Lucky Strikes
Frequent customer at Eve's Garden, bar and brothel, drinks malt whiskey, favorite whore is Christy
Father died of heart attack on job at EVO Consolidated when Alvin was sixteen, mother ran away from marriage when Alvin was six, remarried, three daughters
Average student at G. W. Senior High School, wrestling team for three years, almost expelled when caught slotting the wrestling coach's wife in locker room
No military service
Straight to EVO apprenticeship program from high school, average student
Started at EVO Consolidated at 22, lineman, crew foreman, shift tech, shift supervisor, shift manager"

Jessica puts a hand on Jezzabel's shoulder, stopping the flow of words.  "Is that enough for the test, or do you need more from her?"

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-13-16/0857:16>
We agreed that she wouldn't be a part of the other thing, and we can accept that, but I made it clear she helped me in other things.  Things like Alvin Corse and general deliveries to unfamiliar places.

I listen interested while Jezzabel goes over the details of Alvin Corse's life.  I speak up when Jessica tells her to stop.

Well if she has more I'd love to hear it.  do you have pictures of him, his ex wife, whore, home, all that?  He doesn't sound all that wealthy did you check into his financial?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-13-16/1007:44>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0115  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jessica lifts her hand from her sister's arm and your 'link lets you know that you have a message.  Looking, you see a folder titled Alvin Corse waiting for you.  Opening it you find several pictures of a young man in various stages of growing up.  Captions on each photo give some information as to the subject.  Besides photos of Corse, you see ones of his father, his mother and her new husband and three daughters, his ex-wife, Christy the whore, the man's house, and several of his co-workers.  There is also a file of the man's finances.  He is not doing well at the moment.  His gambling seems to have drawn him quite deeply in debt to a bookie by the name of Vito "the snake" Montoni. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-13-16/2052:50>
i swipe a copy over to Glinda and glance through it.  Excellent work.  I'm very impressed.  I will have to come to you if I need anymore matrix work.  I'm going to have to study this in detail.

Strange though...  My job is to discover how he came across his fortune, but this guy seems broke.  Was this just a cursory search or did you dig deep?  I know I didn't give you much time, but did you check on any aliases or hidden banking, that sort of thing?  Maybe he's got another thing going and this identity is just a cover or something.

Oh well I wasn't expecting this to be that easy anyway.  If you do continue digging let me know if you find anything interesting would you?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-14-16/0937:23>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0115  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jezzabel just looks at you as Jessica says, "You have what she found in a couple of hours.  She is still looking for you and we will let you know if she gets more.  Your request was......um.....pretty general.  Do you have any instructions or information that would help her refine her search?  It sounds like this is more than just a test and that you are using her for your own purposes?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-14-16/2054:43>
Well, it's a little of both yeah.  It's not a secret.  I told you I was going to run a con on this guy and I need anything you can find.  I have another guy on this and I was going to compare what you had with them.

Are you fishing for compensation? I laugh.  All you have to do is ask.  I'm not used to offering, but I don't want you to feel used right?

I know it's a broad request hopefully i've narrowed the parameters somewhat with what I'm trying to do, but you really never know what kind of information can help with the approach.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-15-16/0238:50>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0116  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jessica's eyes narrow just a bit then she smiles.  "No, not fishing for compensation.  After all, you did say this was a test to determine if Jezz was any good.  So is she good enough for you?"

Jasmine looks between her sister and you and raises a hand.  "Say we're not getting off topic, are we?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-15-16/0830:09>
I raise my hands a look of concern on my face.  Hold on now that's harsh.  If I'm breaking some kind of etiquette with you guys you should tell me.  This was never about Jezz being good enough but how good she is, and as I said I'm quite impressed.  Clearly I've done something to concern you and if we are going to work together we need to be up front with each other.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-16-16/0926:33>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0117  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


After a pause that extends a few heart beats, Jessica's eyes soften again.  "Sorry.  Just a bit touchy tonight I guess."

Jasmine laughs.  "What's the matter, sis?  Not get laid lately?"

Jessica shrugs.  "That's probably it, yeah.  Been a while."  She looks at you and adds, "Sorry."

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-16-16/2102:22>
Look I'm sorry if I came off judgemental.  I don't doubt any of your groups talents.  Knowing your situation, I say with wide eyed amazement,  and add add to that that your are positioning yourselves to strike back as well, impresses the hell out of me all by itself, but we are supposed to be allies.  You know something of what I can bring to the table and I have some idea of what you all do and working together on things like this help us to better understand our strengths, and maybe even limitations.  You use me for what I can do, I use you for what you can do and we all make more money and solidify our positions.  I'm so used to finding the angles that I might come off as callous, but I hope you can overlook that.

Speaking of using people and angles if you want to get laid, Glinda and I are amazing wing-women.  You just point out what you want.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-17-16/1138:37>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0119  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Things at the table get a bit quiet for a minute after your speech then Jasmine begins to laugh out loud, followed by Jessica.  Even Jezzebel smiles a bit, which is almost the only emotion you have seen from her so far.  Jasmine slaps the table and hoots.  "I like your style, Lizzie.  Might have to make you an honorary J if you keep coming up with things like that.  I am going to go get something from the bar, you want to come with?  We can talk while we walk."  She stands up and wipes her eyes, waiting to see if you will come with her.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-17-16/1442:26>
[spoiler]OOC:  I probably should have done this before but can I do like a judge intentions to see if I can determine what Jessica might be upset about, or if I got it right?
Rolled just in case: Judge intentions (http://orokos.com/roll/467513): 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

I rise and join Jasmine.  What's up?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-17-16/2138:25>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0120  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine takes your arm as the two of you walk to the bar.  "Nothing you did, Lizzie.  We are all a bit protective of Jezz, just in case you did not see that.  She has lots of skill in her field but very little in the way of personal skills.  In effect, she is very na´ve in the way of people and has little defense against what people say."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-17-16/2245:04>
No I saw that right away.  Maybe I didn't realize HOW protective you guy were.  I thought I was going out of my way to be especially nice to her.  One of my friends as a kid had Aspergers, I miss that kind of honesty, and some of the greatest minds in history have been on that spectrum.  I do want to use her talents but I don't want to abuse her, or any of your trusts. 

I've heard the word "no" and "but" before.  I say with a grin.  I'm not in the habit of using people and throwing them away.  I certainly use people but I like to think I do so fairly...for the most part at least.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-17-16/2311:38>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0122  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine laughs again.  "Is there a but at the end of that sentence?"  Once at the bar, she orders a drink and looks at you.  "My treat.  What do you and Glinda want?  And I have a good feeling about you, Lizzie, and I believe you when you say that you would not abuse us.  I could even say pretty much the same for Glinda....................and there IS a very big but at the end of that sentence.  She has Jessica frightened almost out of her gourd.  I have never seen her this way and it shows in her words and the way she looks at Glinda.  I gather she is a mage, and a powerful one, but is there any reason we should be afraid or even really concerned about her?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-18-16/0237:11>
Whatever you're having is fine.

That's a loaded question; everyone can be dangerous if you give them reason to be.  Short answer is no, so long as you don't give her a reason to be angry with you.  Glinda, her mentor and I have some common interests.  It's nothing our activities would infringe upon so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I laugh softly.  You folks want to fight a triple A corp but she's afraid of one mage?  I'm sorry but it almost seems ludicrous and I almost think you are just messing with me.  I mean Jessica's right to be wary of course, but that comes with the territory.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-18-16/1513:33>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0125  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine orders the drinks up and indicates the table they are to go to before continuing her conversation with you.  "I can understand what you say, and to me, too, it appears a bit ludicrous.  But I am not putting you on about Jessica being scared of Glinda.  I hope that things work out for the best and the she will calm down after getting to know her.  I am certainly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt if you vouch for her and 'nuff said about that."

While walking back to the table, she points to the people dancing on the large floor, all of whom are women at the moment.  "Fancy a turn on the floor?  Line dancing is a lot of fun and you can meet some really nice people out there.  Not all the dances are for women only, and I really have no idea how that grew from the music, but there it is, I guess; habit and tradition.  If you stay in the club long enough, you will start liking the music enough to have it play on your 'link.  Trust me on this.  I used to hate the music but now.................now I really like it."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-18-16/1711:07>
No I get it.  I did say "almost" ludicrous.  When I realized just how powerful Glinda was I was a bit taken aback too.

Oh this girl is a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll.  I can't say it's my favorite but I like it just fine.  The line dancing, I'm afraid, I don't know the choreography at all nor am I really dressed for it.  I motion to my biker leathers and combat boots.  Maybe I'll watch for a bit and get the moves down and we can try next time.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-18-16/1837:28>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0126  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine looks down at you feet and smiles.  "Yes, those might be a bit rough if you are just learning.  Sure, feel free to watch and maybe we can try it next time, like you say."  She walks with you back to the table and sits down, looking at Jessica and the others.  "I see everyone is still alive, which is a good sign.  Jessica, dear, stuff your emotions in a sack and lets get to being business partners.  Glinda is not going away and I do not see the need to even dream of that.  She is a friend and partner of our partner and we have to accept her.  I, for one, think she is going to fit in quite well."  She leans over the table and offers a hand to Glinda, who looks at it in some surprise then smiles as she shakes hands.  Jasmine looks around the table and smiles.  "Good.  Ahh, here are the drinks.  I offer a toast to our group partnership and a continues success in our endeavors."

She lifts her glass to all of you.  Glinda joins her in the toast.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-18-16/1935:04>
To an unlikely and lucrative alliance, I reply toasting with the rest of them.

So what do you ladies do to relax?  Besides blowing off steam at bars and such.  Any interesting hobbies?  Read any good books lately?  Follow sports?  Between chemistry and magic my life is packed solid I love hearing about others interests though...feels like I'm more well rounded when I keep abreast of these things.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-19-16/0155:06>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0130  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Jasmine laughs out loud.  "Personally, I love my bike and sometimes take off for a day or two and just ride.  Anywhere.....nowhere....somewhere.  Doesn't matter where.  Other than that, I like busting the chops of punk gangers that want to muscle in on my turf.  That sort of action by others just frosts my nipples, you know, and gets me all sorts of cranky."  Jezzabel does not even crack a smile, but Jessica looks a bit amused and smiles for pretty much the first time all night. 

A strange man approaches the table and calls out, "Hey, Jasmine, fancy a twirl?"

Jasmine smiles at the man as she stands then turns back to you and whispers, "I also like sex a lot.  Don't wait up for me.  I will be in touch."

Jessica looks at the two of you.  "So, I guess I own you an apology, Glinda.  You have stoked my fears in some way I do not understand.  I am not sure I have ever met a more powerful mage and it makes me wonder why you have thrown in with us."

Glinda nods and smiles.  "I can accept that apology and I am sorry that I affect you that way.  You are more perceptive than most, perhaps.  I assure you that I have no designs against you and can be called on to help."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-19-16/0900:04>
I'm glad tensions are being resolved.  I don't want my friends and allies to be antagonistic with each other.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-19-16/1120:19>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0132  Lazy B Bar  Touristville  Seattle


Both Jessica and Jezzabel stand.  "Alright, time for us to going off as well.  There is only so much of this music I can stand.  When do you want to meet again?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-19-16/1956:23>
I'm meeting Jess tomorrow for that thing if you want to be there.  I don't think we need to schedule meetings unless you want.  I figured I'd just let you know when I got a line on the property and was thinking of starting the testing.  We have each others coms if we need anything else or you guys need refills.  I say we play it by ear.  I shrug.

After we say our good byes and we are in the car I pull out my com and make a show of rebooting it.  Chinatown, I say and hold up a finger in front of my lips.  Looking at Glinda.  Once we enter and I see it's effecting our coms I finally speak up.

It's not that I don't trust them but it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to this.  They are curious about you so you might reboot your com and maybe get a bug sweeper for the car for a bit.  Jezzabel is good and they are smart and they didn't get as far as they have trusting easily.  I know you and Sian can take care of yourselves but I'd rather not make it easy for them to make either of you angry.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-21-16/2350:56>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0230  Chinatown  Seattle


Glinda has been as quiet as you have on the ride to Chinatown.  After you speak, she nods and smiles.  "Yes, that Jezzabel seems to be quite talented.  Do you think she tried to mark our devices?  Do you trust the lot of them?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-22-16/0747:53>
[spoiler]OOC:  I don't speak until we reach Chinatown.  I'm not sure if that was plain enough.  Since you still have us at the Lazy B[/spoiler]

Once we've reached Chinatown I answer her.  Sure I trust them, our goals are aligned.  As for marks, I don't think they'd do it maliciously but they are curious about us.  You more than me.  I know they've checked me out but you are completely unknown to them and that scares them a little.  Like I said you should be cautious until they get to know you better.  I don't want you to have to get angry at them for snooping in the wrong place.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-22-16/1024:30>
OOC: Fixed to be at Chinatown.

Wednesday  12 June 2075  0231  Chinatown  Seattle


Glinda nods again.  "Wise counsel.  I agree with you and will be cautious.  Are we going to see Sian?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-22-16/1803:41>
You said you wanted me with you to discuss the initiate group we discussed earlier at "Creole town".  In case she had questions and to discuss including Shelly and Corbin in our little secret.  If you want to wait on that we can but I'd rather not wait too long to get that started.  It's going to take some time to get set up and I'm already restless.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-23-16/0023:36>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0233  Chinatown  Seattle


Glinda shrugs.  "Sure, I still think that she should be involved in the discussion.  I was just wondering about the time.  It is like you never sleep."  She laughs.  "You remind me of me."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-23-16/0834:49>
I've been a night owl as long as I can remember.  I've actually been getting to sleep earlier since I've met you.  Let's go see her if it isn't too late.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-24-16/0120:11>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0245  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda smiles as she leads you into the maze of alleyways in Chinatown that connect to the Barrens.  "I do not think Sian sleeps, to be honest.  She is always awake, although I have seen her meditating once in a while." 

The streets are crowded with people, even at this hour of the night.  It appears that life goes on at odd times in this part of the sprawl.  You are still avoided by most of those you approach or pass by.  Glinda nods then turns her head to you.  "Sian is in the lower market and would like to meet us there.  Is that alright with you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-24-16/1050:20>
I do my best to try and remember the way again checking for landmarks counting streets and so on while we walk.  I check my pockets to get the bacon treats ready for the kids.  Fine with me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-24-16/1602:26>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0246  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda smiles as she leads you through the warren of narrow streets that would be little more than wide alleys out in the Downtown District.  "Am I to avoid talking about the Js?  I will not lie to her if she has specific questions, but I can avoid bringing the subject up if you want."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-24-16/1654:35>
No, of course not.  I look at her a bit confused.  Please do, in fact.  I would certainly expect you to keep Sian appraised of the situation.  Is there a reason you think we shouldn't?  I don't think they will become a liability unless you are careless about your secrets.  Do you think she will have some kind of problem with it?

I mean, I haven't been secret about my plans in Redmond.  We even spoke about gaining allies and solidifying our positions.  Granted the J's will allow me to solidify my power base there much faster and in a larger area, than expected but that is just saved resources we aren't pushing expansion just putting the machine into place, so to speak.

I walk in silence a bit, considering my words.

I feel like that was a test,  I say with a sigh.  I understand if you two don't trust me fully yet.  In your situation I probably wouldn't either.  Test me all you want.  I don't mind, just try not to jump to conclusions.  That's all I ask.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-25-16/0145:57>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0250  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda stops walking and turns to you, placing her hands to each side of your face.  Her eyes bore into you like diamond drill bits then she lowers her face to yours and kisses you.  There is something a bit different about the kiss that you just cannot put your finger on, but when she pulls away, she says, "No, that was not a test for you.  I know that you are not planning just one thing and was not sure if you wanted to combine things at this point.  I see no problem with telling Sian about the new allies.  I just want you to know that I cannot lie to her.  She made me and I cannot act against her.  I was trying to see if you were willing to talk to her about this and warning you that I will not be able to lie about it if she asks me.  I have no tests for you other than testing your stamina in bed."

"Are we good?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-25-16/1248:57>
I just needed to say it is all, at no point were we in danger of not being good.  I know your loyalty to Sian is unwavering...maybe that's why it felt...off.

Like I said, I want to stay in charge of things in Redmond but I don't see any reason you all can't be friendly.  Just be careful with your secrets.  I will do my best to divert their attention but that responsibility ultimately lies with you two.  I'm sure you are much more practiced at this than I am.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-25-16/2316:24>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0251  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda smiles and takes your arm in hers and continues down the street.  "You would think so, would you not?  Yet, sometimes things go wrong and someone figures it out.  That is when the peasants with torches and pitchforks come out of the woodwork and we have to leave another home.  Hopefully it will not come to that this time for a few more centuries."

After a few more minutes of walking, you arrive at the lower market, where you find Sian with her Hell Hound companions picking through the items at one of the booths.  Sian turns to you as you approach and smiles.  "Lizzie, what a nice surprise.  I did not expect you to return so soon.  What can I do to help you?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-26-16/0157:50>
Hi Sian,  I say kneeling down and cooing at the hounds.  I bring a few treats for them out of my pocket and hold them out to them.  Then add with a laugh.  Glinda and I were discussing the possibility of starting a secret society and thought you might be interested.  We probably shouldn't talk about it out here though.

I give the hellhounds some attention then straighten up and give Sian my undivided attention.  It's not an emergency though we can wait for you to finish whatever it is you are doing here.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-26-16/1130:59>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0252  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


You feel the warmth of their breath on your hands as the Hell Hounds take the treats from you and snuffle about for the crumbs.  Sian laughs.  "Traitorous fiends.  It is good that a few treats are not enough to make them more loyal to you than to me."

She looks around and motions with her arm and a pair of Orks of greater than normal size lumber up.  One is carrying several packages and Sian gives it the one she is carrying, speaking very quickly in a tongue you do not know.  The Orks do not even seem to acknowledge what she says before turning to leave her and the market.  Sian turns to you and nods.  "I am now finished here.  My place, then?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-26-16/1329:44>
Like that would ever happen.  I just want them to be happy to see Auntie Isla, I say at the hounds in that annoying way people talk to their pets.

Your place it is then.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-26-16/1621:48>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0255  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


The three of you leave the market headed for Sian's place, with the two massive Hell Hounds following close behind their mistress.  The walk takes a few minutes as you move down narrow and twisted streets.  No one stops or bothers you and by now you barely notice the number of people that move aside and flash some sort of sign with their fingers.  When you arrive at the slovenly-looking place that Sian calls home here, the hounds peel off to curl up on the street, one to each side of the door.  Their large heads watch you as you enter the building.

Sian motions with a hand and lights spring up from several locations and another motion removes the glamour of the messy apartment room, revealing a place much more modern and certainly better kept up than your first look would reveal.  She nods with her head to the modern stove and Glinda walks over to get a kettle on.  Sian sits in a chair and offers you another.  "Tea, dear?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-26-16/1857:22>
That would be lovely, I say.  I glance after Glinda and then continue, Glinda said she wanted me here in case you had any questions she couldn't answer, but if she's getting the tea I'll just go ahead and start.  You both obviously know some advanced magic and I have been anxious to explore the higher mysteries myself.  I had suggested that we form a magical group to do that more efficiently.  Our purposes seem to align, yours here in Chinatown and mine in Redmond.  This would include a ritual led by a person with the knowledge of the bonding ritual.  I've been studying it and I suspect to have it learned relatively soon, if you don't already know it.  There would be some minor costs, maybe a one or two thousand nuyen and a spiritual cost akin to binding spirits or quickening spells.  The group bond is fairly intimate so we should be prepared to not keep secrets from the initiating members.  We can include strictures as well to encourage teamwork and collaboration in our individual agendas as well.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-26-16/2036:03>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0300  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian waves a hand.  "Advanced magics is hardly the word I would choose, Isla.  Different is a much better word.  In my youth, there were many different types of mages, some using bound books, others sucking life force from the environment, others who used small familiars to bring them spells, and some few who could just call upon the power of other planes.  You and I just conceive of magic differently and so use it differently.  The laws Glinda and I must obey are not the same as the laws you obey.  So, saying that, is there anything to be gained through this ritual?  What exactly does it do, and who do you propose to share in it?  Just the three of us?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-26-16/2104:50>
Initiation allows us to explore the higher mysteries, if your magic is different I would imagine you simply have different higher mysteries than mine does.  Initiation would let you do that and an initiation group would let you do so with the assistance of others in the group.  If that sort of thing doesn't appeal to you then no there wouldn't be any other reason to do it other than the edification of the others who were.  It would be best if we all wanted the same thing though, that kind of alignment of wills makes things much easier as far as the magic is concerned.

As far as I am aware there must be at least four members in the bonding ritual so we would need to include Corbin in the group as well.  We were going to facilitate a meeting if you were interested.  You should probably meet my friends at some point anyway...considering. I shrug.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-27-16/0131:05>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0301  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian looks at you.  "So can this circle use our skills to help you achieve some sort of greater power?  Even if we do not use magic the same way?  I could support that if you think it will help you."  She thinks for a moment more, "This Corbin, he is a mage like you, then?  He uses the magic the same way.  And would he have to know what Glinda and I are and would he accept that?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-27-16/0358:09>
Yes it would help increase my magical power but we could also use it to tie acolytes I train to us as well.  Adding initiates is much easier than starting the initial bond and we could introduce strictures such as secrecy and a requirement to work towards the groups goals and that sort of thing.  But even if it doesn't help you in the same way as it would help me surely there are higher mysteries in your own art that you could pursue with our help.  Glinda showed me a little of what you do and it could be able to help you with control and resisting the lure associated with it.  The group should benefit us all and learning if you two might be capable of more than you know would be as interesting as pursuing my own mysteries.

Corbin is an adept he uses magic to physically enhance his body.  It makes him faster and better at certain skills, I'm not entirely sure what he's capable of..  It may not be required that he know, however it is a real possibility that he would discover this and could complicate his acceptance.  If we told him and Shelly they would be apprehensive and curious at first but I'm nearly certain they would accept you.  We three have been together for so long I think that even if that weren't the case they would accept it so long as I did.  I have faith in my friends, faith born of a long and harrowing shared history.  I'd bet my life on them...I have.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-28-16/0005:34>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0303  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian cannot help but snort when you talk about your long shared experience with Corbin and Shelly, but almost immediately pouts a hand up.  "I am sorry.  I do not mean to belittle your time together and it was rude of me to make that sound.  Sometimes it is hard to even understand time in the same sense as those I am talking to.  I am interested in this learning circle.  Of course, there are levels of mastery within my own art that I have not mastered yet and would love to do so.  I am not sure that this circle will help, but I do not know that it will not, either.  I am, of course leery of confiding my secrets to even more, but perhaps it is necessary.  Tell me more of what we must do and what the gain will be."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-28-16/0124:42>
You don't need to apologize.  You have lived a long time Sian but time is relative.  You have known Glinda for two thousand years, but how many years before you met her did you have?  I have lived the whole of my life with these two.  I cannot remember a time when I did not know them.  That's eternity for me.  I understand your hesitance, but you saw how easily I accepted what you two are I wouldn't suggest it if I wasn't sure of how they'd react.  I expect a little fear but mostly of curiosity.

First I have to finish learning the ritual to give you exact details but I should have it down in the next few days.  The closer we are aligned in our purpose and the more rules we place upon ourselves the easier it will be to create the bond and the less money we will need to spend on reagents to make it easier.  Have you done any ritual spell casting?  It's basically the same thing but we will have to construct a lodge big enough to complete it and I would suggest making that place our base of operations.  So we should pick up some real estate.  The group would allow us to initiate at a reduced cost of on par with an ordeal and can be combined with an ordeal and even schooling to reduce it further.  The payment being that energy you barter with spirits for or you use when you bind them.  That sort of thing.  we would have a centralized area of study for academic pursuits and we can help each other on ordeals and initiations to increase our knowledge of the mysteries and meta planes.   If you want to do it in the barrens it could also serve as the school for those with the Talent I am able to find.  I think a stable of mages at our beck and call would be quite useful.  The four of us would be in charge  of course and we can keep you out of the limelight as much as you wish...depending on how you want to focus on keeping your secret.

Ah, and then there is that small complication.  I don't think you will need to worry about it but I have made some allies recently in Redmond where I am attempting my own gentrification project. similar to yours.  A group of six genetically bred super-soldiers have come into the possession of 5 of the gangs surround my territory and I have made an alliance with them.  We've started a leadership council and will begin recruiting a "meta-gang" from the impressive talent we each discover.  However they are wary of Glinda and curious and I've cautioned her about being careless around them.  I think we can trust them.  Our goals are in alignment, but I wanted to keep you out of it, partly to protect your secret and partly because I need to be in charge of Redmond


[spoiler]OOC:  the group bond ritual is described in shadow rituals in the street grimoire.  It could use more details but I think the gist can be determined.  The base force of the ritual is 12+/- modifiers but it's probably going to be around 12 and drain is 2P per Force since it's ritual magic, that scary 24P drain can be reduced with sacrficing reagents down to a minimum of 2P as I understand it. and a lodge of equal force of the ritual will need to be built.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-28-16/1001:31>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0306  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda brings the tea over and sits down.  Cups are filled and Sian places a hand on Glinda's.  "Yes, we have been together a very long time, but you are right; I was more or less alone for a long time before I brought her over.  There were others, of course, but none for as long.  I can understand your situation.  I would rather not move too fast, though, as I have experienced disappointment before."

"I am not sure what a "lodge" is, but it sounds like a place to concentrate our magical energies.  If that is correct, I can support that.  It sounds like you think it will be expensive, so will it detract from what we are doing here and in your own Redmond?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-28-16/1027:07>
It shouldn't be exorbitantly so, maybe ten thousand nuyen tops.  I can cover that no problem.  Think of it more as an investment in our activities rather than detracting from them.  I would also suggest dues to keep the property up, but again a monthly fee of 500 to 1000 nuyen should be plenty.  This can be as much use in our endeavors as you would want it to be.  If we eventually include those Talented that I train this could be a significant resource in helping with our goals.

The four of us would be the inner circle.  Additional acolytes would provide a base of magical talent to draw upon as needed and they would be tasked with assisting our plans as part of the initiation rites.  Granted that will take some time...like I said, it's an investment.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-29-16/0021:06>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0308  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian laughs.  "I like a girl who thinks 10000 Nuyen is a paltry sum.  I do not wish you to have to carry the full cost, so do we each put up 25%?  And where do you think we should set up?  I can get a large place here for cheap and can secure it, but would this background count be something of a concern for you?  I understand that it is quite high down here.  Perhaps we can find a place more suitable, but that will probably cost more.  What do you think?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-29-16/0931:33>
The lodge would take care of the background count but I think that the other issues make this a bad choice.  Too much noise and the fact that this place is a labyrinth are problems.  There's a building near where I live that looks like a good spot.  You can check it out if you'd like.  It's 4 stories I figured the bottom floor could be a youth center, basically a cover for our activities.  Second floor could be the school and the third and fourth floors the initiate groups headquarters.

Plus that would give you a good reason to come visit us once in a while Sian.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-29-16/0949:30>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0310  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian nods.  "Alright.  I can see your point.  So does this building add to the cost or is it included?  I would not expect a four story building to sell for your 10000 Nuyen.  Or am I missing something?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-29-16/1411:33>
 Well I haven't priced the building but I already live on the top floor.  Monthly that runs 7k.  The rest is mostly abandoned though.  I could probably get the whole thing for 20k a month.  I'll have to talk to Feather about it to be sure.  Dues would just help me pay for it I don't expect you guys to invest in my community project.  If you want to pay for half the lodge that's fine.  I just didn't think you'd made that much off me yet.

Also to sweeten the deal.  Once you get the facility up and running I'll make it an even 50/50 split.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-29-16/2354:13>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0312  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian and Glinda look at each other and the teenaged vampire nods.  "We might be able to divert some funds for this.  Let me know how much you need and when and I will see what can be done.  Could I come see this place?"

She nods and smiles at the offer to go 50/50, holding out her hand to shake on the deal.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-30-16/0822:35>
Sure.  It's the rest of the building where we are living now.  We should have you meet Shelly and Corbin while you are there.  Let me know a good time and I'll have them there to meet you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-30-16/1330:30>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0313  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian smiles.  "I can leave instructions with people here, so I am pretty much available any time.  Just contact me and I will come out.  I think I would like to meet these friends of yours."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-30-16/2357:24>
Sure.  I'll try for 2100 hours but I have to confirm with my people.  I'll leave it up to you guys when you want to make the big reveal, but please don't wait too long.  I really hate keeping my friends in the dark about this, but I also want you to feel comfortable enough to confide in them.  So let's try to meet somewhere in the middle.  It doesn't have to be today if you aren't comfortable with that obviously.

Hey guys we are having a guest over around 2100 hours.  Can you guys be there?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <12-31-16/1213:42>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0315  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian rocks her head from side to side a couple of times then shrugs.  "Sure, 2100 today is doable.  Is there any sort of security on the building that will require me to present some form of ID?"

>>Damn, girl.  I know you are a night owl, but do you know what time it is?  2100 tonight?  That will cut into selling time, but I am doing rather well as it is, so sure.  I will let Shelly know when she wakes up.  Is someone else moving in?<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <12-31-16/1323:32>
There are some Scarlet Blades who watch the place.  I'll let them know you are coming.  I assume you will bring the children?  I think that would be distinctive enough for just a general description.

Pfft.  If I'm in bed before 800 hours it's been an exhausting day.

We should discuss the strictures of the group as well.  The more we have the easier the spell will be but the less freedom we have.  Pacts made with magic are not something you can simply shrug off.  The obvious ones are Secrecy, Service and Dues.  Rule one we don't talk about magic club easy right.  Rule two We have to spend 20 hours a month doing tasks that advance the groups cause.  Since the groups cause is to support our efforts making our respective barrens a better place this should be a no brainer.  Rule three Dues 1000 nuyen a month to support the group should be simple enough.  The fourth is where it gets tricky. 

Before I get into that we should also discuss the punishment for breaking strictures.  Now seeing as anyone could make a mistake and accidentally break one of the strictures I would suggest we bar any permanent crippling or wounds because that could kill someone with as powerful as this bond would have to be.  I suggest branding.  This is a mark that is impossible to hide and makes it apparent to anyone that you have broken magical laws, not just the group, anyone.  It lasts until it is atoned for.  The others involve crippling loss of magic, and pain of death.  I may be a vindictive bitch but even those are a bit harsh for me.

Keeping that in mind we should probably take a fourth stricture and we can add a fifth for any new recruits Obedience...meaning they have to do what we say, obviously.  For our fourth there is Deed every three months we have to do something specific  to demonstrate loyalty to the group.  That seems fine but is a little esoteric but probably something we can pull off without worrying about it too much since our goals are in alignment.  Exclusive membership meaning we can't join other magical groups, again probably not a big deal.  Fraternity  we have to help other members when asked, again no big deal but breaking a stricture is bad and this one can easily be broken if circumstances conspire even with the best intentions.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-01-17/1308:36>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0320  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian sips at her tea as you talk, her face impassive and as unreadable as a good poker player's.  When you are done, she sets her cup down in front of her.  "My, you have been thinking of this quite a bit, haven't you?  I think my biggest question is whether or not it matters if our magics are no the same sort.  Do we risk anything if it does matter?"

"It seems that you have listed several options for a fourth stricture; is that correct?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-01-17/1325:12>
The magic not being the same will make the spell more difficult yes but it shouldn't be dangerous.

Well yes...I actually wanted your input on them all but the first three simply seem like obvious choices but if you have a problem with them we can move things around.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-01-17/1555:20>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0322  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian nods again.  "Alright.  I can agree to the first three, but I do question who would determine if an unintentional break has been atoned for?  I do not very much like the stricture that all new members must obey the ruling four.  I think that would limit our pool of potential members too much and I do not really like idea of them not having free will.  I also question whether or not the dues will be sufficient to cover the costs of paying for the building and maintaining it.  They might need to be higher to start with and we can lower them in the future.  I like the ideas of Deed and Fraternity, though."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-01-17/1651:12>
Obedience is more of a chain of command thing, like a gang or mercenary group, we aren't taking away their free will there just would be the magical mark for not following orders that they would need to atone for to remove.  Also so long as an honest effort to help or follow the order was completed success is not necessary.  We could order someone to fly but when they can't they wouldn't get punished for not being able.  At least with obedience we can come to an honorable agreement not to abuse the chain of command.   Fraternity would be similar to Obedience but anyone could ask anyone else for help.  The magic is what determines whether a stricture was broken and from what I've read it is a very letter of the law type of thing.  I think Deed would be our best bet.

I think we can keep official dues small and we can agree to each chip in additional funds so long as we are able.  I would hate for one of us to have a hardship and get stuck because we couldn't come up with say 5 grand or more.  I think it would be better to keep it reasonably low and just add to it as needed rather than using contract magic to enforce it.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-01-17/2058:02>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0324  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian shrugs.  "Deed it is, then.  I can see a real potential to abuse Obedience and I do not see the problem with Fraternity, but I can agree to Deed.  I can also agree to your lower limit on the dues as your argument makes sense."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-02-17/0016:50>
I would suggest we attempt to enforce a command structure even if we do not enforce it with magic.  If you don't want it as a stricture that's fine.  We probably won't be inviting acolytes into the group very soon anyway.  So do you have any more questions

The main obstacle I can see at this point locating the lodge materials.  I'll have someone on that but if you can keep an eye out for some things to it might help.  The stuff is relatively cheap, just hard to find.  Especially for how powerful our lodge will need to be.

I give Jill a call and let her know what stuff I need for the lodge and ping her with a list and a short text..  Hey Jill you are probably asleep but I need a few things if you can find them.  I'll see you this afternoon.  I can't wait to play with those foci you got for me.

[spoiler]Lodge rating 11 will be a 22 availability but only 5500 Y.  I'll spend extra to get it if needed of course.  The ritual will cost 5 karma and I would normally learn that from my mentor spirit (one of the perks of having one) but I want to wait until I've gotten a little more info on Corse to show her I'm working on her task.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-02-17/1230:18>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0326  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian nods.  "A command structure is fine and probably necessary.  What sort of materials do you need for this lodge?  It sounds like a lodge is very similar to what I use for some of my harder sorceries, but I am not certain.  Once in a while I need special pigments and chalks, rare ointments.  That sort of thing.  These are usually hard to get and can be costly.  Is this the sort of thing you are talking about?  If so, can you give me a list and I will see what I can do."

Jill does not respond right away as she is likely to be in bed..................like normal people.

[spoiler]What more do you need from me re Alvin Corse?  You have lots of background stuff to work with, to include address and employer.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-02-17/1249:59>
Lodge materials are typically a bit more permanent than those sound.  Then again I'm not sure how you use them.  I use expendable reagents for similar things and we will need plenty of those for this, but these are the things I will need for the Lodge.  I swipe her the list I sent to Jill.

[spoiler]I meant Lizzie needs to do some of her own recon on Corse before I go to her to learn the ritual.  I don't need anything from you other than your GMing of those actions =P[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-02-17/1353:47>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0327  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian looks at the list you have sent her and smiles.  "I can start looking for some of these.  Do they need to be fresh or can we gather them over time and store them for use later.?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-02-17/1439:01>
The lodge stuff is permanent, that's the stuff on the list.  Reagents can be gathered pretty much anywhere and can be stored for later use.  You can buy them off the shelf normally though I don't need any help with that...other than the cost if you want.

Hmm, now that I think about it, the background count in the barrens might be a problem.  Glinda does it effect your casting much?  If that's the case a temporary lodge in an area without a background might work better, but if it's not a big deal then setting up a permanent lodge for us would be a better idea.  A temporary lodge would also be cheaper but a high powered permanent lodge has it's own advantages.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-02-17/2140:07>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0328  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Glinda shrugs.  "My casting?  Not so as I can tell.  Summoning is a bit of a pain in some places, so I suppose that can be put down to this background count.  I have never really considered it to be more than an inconvenience, but if it is to you, I think we might consider a different place.  Perhaps the first step is to find a spot where this count is lower or negative.  Is that something that you can do while we start looking for these reagents and lodge materials?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-02-17/2230:09>
It wouldn't be for me.  The lodge will cover it for that.  You two should try some harder magic and see if it stresses you any.  If it doesn't we will find a nuetral area to do the bonding.  I hope to be able to pull this off in about 3-4 days
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-02-17/2310:30>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0329  Sian's Home  Chinatown Barrens  Seattle


Sian smiles.  "You tell us where you want us to do this, Isla.  It is all a bit new to me and I do not want to pick a wrong place.  Three ot four days should give us time to find most of these things.  Do you want to split the list up so we are both doing part of it?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-02-17/2336:22>
I want to do it at my building, but if it detracts from your ability to assist I will find another place.  I also want the spell to succeed.

I have my talismonger on the list, anything that we double up on I suggest we just go with whichever is cheaper.  I'll consider our other option and see what you think when you come over later tonight.  I think we've made some real progress here.  I thank you for your hospitality as always Sian and I look forward to seeing you again later.  But I have work to do and miles to go before I sleep.

Taking my leave I feed the puppies their treats again on the way out  and head home to finish up the refinement of my products.  If everything goes smoothly we should be done about 800 hours if Glinda helps.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-03-17/0048:19>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0815  Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Sian laughs.  "I seriously doubt if the location will have any real impact on my ability to assist you.  I will see you tonight, though, and we can try things out and see if there is any difference."

Both of the others were home and curled up in bed by the time you and Glinda had arrived back at your apartment.  Glinda was more than willing to help and her assistance allowed you to get things done by just after 0800.  She had remembered most of what you had told her the first time and so had needed very little reminding, which brings out a very pleased look indeed.  "There.  Another lot finished.  I am getting a good feeling about all of this, Isla.  So, what is next?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-03-17/0827:52>
Hoi Feather.  I need to speak to you about renting out the rest of my building.  Text me back when you can.

Yeah, me too, I say.  I peel off the protective gear.  Shower and bed for me next.  You can join me if you want, but it's the first night as a roomie you might want to sleep in your own bed.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-04-17/0122:57>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0816  Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda strips her gear off as well then comes up to you.  Standing only inches away from you, her eyes are like pools of darkness that seem almost able to suck you into them and her voice is warm and low., as seductive as anything you have ever experienced.  "In my opinion, sleeping alone sucks.  If it is up to me, I want to be in your bed, even if all you want to do is cuddle together.  I will, of course, respect your decision in this."  She traces a finger down your cheek and turns to go to the shower.  There is a lot to be said for the way her naked form looks as she walks away from you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-04-17/0930:34>
As you wish.  I say and step into the shower.  After a quick shower I head to bed.  I squirm enticingly in Glindas arms as I get comfortable and close my eyes.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-05-17/0017:21>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  0825  Isla's Apartment  Seattle


The enticing bit gets a reaction if you are looking for one, but if all you are doing is going to sleep, she accommodates you.  You feel as safe as you have ever been as she wraps her arms about you and begins to softly sing a song in a language you do not recognize, but the effect is to lull you to a restful sleep.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-05-17/0938:04>
I get up and get dressed, trying not to wake Glinda if she's still sleeping and put on a pot of coffee.  I check my phone to see if I have any messages and I'll send a link to Jill.  Hey babe.  I've got your money if you have those foci.  You can bring them by here, I have real coffee or we can meet up somewhere.

While waiting for a response I will take a seat at my altar and astrally project and do some astral recon at Casa Corse.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-05-17/0956:19>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1625  Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda is not in the bed when you wake, but there is a text message waiting from her on your 'link.  >>I have gone out for a bit.  Stay safe.<<

Your note to Jill is answered withing a couple of minutes.  >>Be there in about two hours.<<

Your journey to Corse's house takes very little time.  Astrally, there is no real activity there or anywhere within a short distance.  Of course, it is midday for normal people and Alvin is probably at work.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-05-17/1017:51>
[spoiler]That's only 4 hours of sleep.  Maybe make it about 1625?[/spoiler]

I check his house and surrounding area for any wards etc.  I will also assense the place to see what kind of vibe I get from it.  assensing (http://orokos.com/roll/472381): 8d6t5 4
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-05-17/2316:19>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1630   Alvin Corse's House  Seattle


There are no wards in the immediate vicinity of his house, but there is something warded about three blocks away.  The vibe you get is that this is a sad place.  The outside is not as well kept up as the neighbors and there are no kids' toys in the yard or driveway.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-05-17/2346:23>
[spoiler]Just to be on the same page.  This is the assensing of the wards blocks away or Alvin Corse's home?  I will assense both anyway: Holy Cow:assense the second (http://orokos.com/roll/472607): 8d6t5 7  It's full of stars.[/spoiler]

I investigate the wards 3 blocks away can I tell what tradition force etc?  I summon a force 4 water spirit (detection) to watch both places and then report it's findings before dusk summon resist drain (http://orokos.com/roll/472610): 10d6t5 5 4d6t5 2 10d6t5 5
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-06-17/0936:45>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1635   Alvin Corse's House  Seattle


The sadness of Corse's house is not reflected at the other house.  The ward there is pathetically weak, perhaps established by someone just learning how to do it?  The caster is almost certainly shamanic.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-06-17/2034:29>
I shake my head and return to my body.  I'm more interested in the other house than this Corse guy.  No reason I can't do both I guess.

I grab a cup of coffee and make myself some breakfast.  I turn on the news feed and check out the latest news.  Then head into my alchemy lab to study the blood until Jill shows up for coffee and foci.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-07-17/1319:43>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1650   Ilsa's Apartment  Seattle


The blood does not seem to have deteriorated at all and you feel a strong urge to examine it.  You definitely have the feeling that this could be a strong reagent and useful in your attempts to learn more about your own magic. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-07-17/1531:28>
[spoiler]It's Isla, like Island without the "nd" at the end[/spoiler]

Curiosity peaked about how it might tie into my own magic I continue studying the blood until Jill gets here or am otherwise interrupted.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-07-17/2228:48>
OOC:  I know that.  Sorry for the typo.


Wednesday  12 June 2075  1810   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Yes, it is all about curiosity, isn't it?  This blood is just fragging DIFFERENT.  It sparkles in the light and acts almost as if it is.........................alive or something.  But this is just crazy talk, right?  Part of your mind spells out the obvious; if just this little bit is this interesting, just think of what even more might be like.

You are interrupted by a knock on the door and you hear Shelly call out to you.  "Hey, you in there?  Jill is here to see you,  Says that she has presents."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-08-17/0056:12>
Come in, come in!  I invite Jill in, show her to a seat and get her some coffee.  Cream or sugar?

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-08-17/0123:12>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1815   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Jill smiles and sits down after taking the coffee and sniffing the aroma.  She smiles as she takes the first sip.  "What, and ruin the taste?  Black is just right for me."  She nods her head at a duffle on the floor near her feet and toes it closer to you.  "Presents for you, dear.  Check 'em over to make sure they are what you are looking for."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-08-17/0228:41>
[spoiler]OOC:  assuming I got all three rating 5 sustaining focus 2 health and 1 illusion.  If not I can edit.[/spoiler]

A woman after my own heart!  I say fanning myself.  I move to join her and inspect the presents.  Were you able to find all three?  I'm so excited.  I know these go for 20 grand typically but you said there was a mark up, how much do I owe you?

I astrally perceive and assense them all to verify they are the correct sort.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-08-17/1310:47>
OOC:  20K each?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-08-17/1505:13>
OOC: yeah rating 5s run 20k + markup
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-08-17/1554:08>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1818   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Red Eye Jill smiles a bit ruefully.  "Well, you are a good customer and a better friend, so the markup is only 15% for these.  Shall we say 69K for all three?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-08-17/1738:57>
[spoiler]OOC:  I will go ahead and make them jewelry.  Earrings for the health foci and a pendant for the Illusion.[/spoiler]

Sounds great!  I set up a cred stick with the amount and hand it over.  How's biz?

I put the earrings and the pendent to begin the bonding process of one of the earrings.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-09-17/0216:57>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1820   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Jill gives a rueful laugh.  "That was too fast.  I knew I should I have asked for more."  She bends over to pick up the duffle and nods.  "Business is good and picking up.  It is like there is a run on things magical.  All very strange but who am I to complain?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-09-17/0851:29>
You just saved yourself time haggling is all. I'm more than happy to pay my friends a regular markup.

So lots of sales lately?  Dish!  I can keep it confidential I promise.  It might effect biz for me you know.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-09-17/1201:03>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1821   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Jill nods again.  "Well, I would not say lots, but there has been an uptick in the past couple of days which I hope extends for a bit longer.  How is your business?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-09-17/2004:35>
I've made a few inroads into some new markets so things are looking up.  I also found a little hole in the wall that sells actual coffee.  I'd say things are turning up aces for me.  Now I'm just waiting for the other inevitable shoe.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-09-17/2039:32>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1825   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Jill grabs her things and stands.  "There is always another shoe, isn't there?  I hope that it is a slipper in your case, dear.  Let me know if I can help you more."

With a cheek buss, she is gone
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-09-17/2108:25>
I go knock on Shelly's door.  Hey babe Corbin told you that we are having company around 2100 right?

After getting her answer I grab a tome and start reading up some more on this group bond. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-09-17/2113:03>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1826   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Shelly calls out over the sound of her current favorite music remix.  "Yeah, hon.  Do I need to be gone?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-09-17/2144:12>
No I want you and Corbin to meet someone.  Granted the conversation will be about magic some but I'd like you to be there in general please.  You may also be involved so I want you able to make decision before we make anything permanent so you don't  feel left out.

I take a look at the tattoo magic that would allow Shelly to be a part of the group so I don't have to keep her out of the loop.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-09-17/2230:13>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1827   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


The door opens and Shelly is standing there wearing trousers only, naked from the waste up.  She is putting some new earrings in and the music mix is lots louder.  "OK.  He said 2100, right.  For how long?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-10-17/0748:42>
I don't know really.  An hour or two maybe.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-10-17/1014:46>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1828   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Shelly nods.  "Cool.  I am trying on some new things I bought today.  I'll be ready for company."

The door to the apartment opens and you hear Glinda calling out.  "Anyone home?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-10-17/2050:52>
I think everyone is, I haven't checked on Corbin though.  I was just about to go start another batch for later.  I find I am busier than usual these days and I want to have a stock pile in case I can't cook for a few days.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-11-17/0201:21>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1829   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda comes to where you are talking to Shelly and smiles.  She leans past you and gives Shelly a kiss, which is returned, and her eyes fasten on Shelly's bare torso.  "Hello, you two.  I have missed you today."  She turns to look at you.  "Do you need any help?  Either getting ready for Sian or in the lab?  I am at your disposal."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-11-17/0858:02>
I don't need any help if you have other things to do but you are welcome to join me if you want.  I think the place is relatively clean.  I'm not the best housekeeper but I'm no slob either.  Jess is suppose to call about the thing when he's ready but that can be put on hold for a few hours.  Feather might call about the property but that shouldn't take long.  I can show off my workshop to Sian and actually have some of the process happening while she's here.  I shrug.

I head to the workshop to get it set up.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-11-17/1009:55>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1833   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


It takes a few minutes, but the door to your lab opens and Glinda comes in to help you set things up.  She works quietly and efficiently, remembering what you have shown already, asking only one question for clarification.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-11-17/2138:06>
We work quickly and efficiently, starting to get each others rhythms down, not much longer and we should be a well oiled team.  After about an hour we finish up to allow the mixtures to set and cool for the next step.  I'm going to grab a quick shower before Sian comes.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-12-17/1031:22>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1940   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda nods and asks if she might join you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-12-17/2216:52>
Yes, of course.  But I'm afraid we don't have time to play, at least, not to my standards.  After teasing you last night that simply wouldn't do.  I say rubbing my hands and give my best evil genius laugh.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-15-17/0031:57>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1942   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda smiles and nods as she steps into the shower.  "Yes, the teasing was a bit.....................uncharacteristic.  But perhaps understandable.  Are you leaving the timing of telling Corbin and Shelly about us to me and Sian?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-15-17/0201:41>
Uncharacteristic?  Hardly.  The build up is my favorite part.  The ache and the desire that's what I like.  The payoff is only as satisfying as the build up.  I say moving closer to her in the shower.  I playfully grab her rear and steal a kiss.

The tease is my favorite part, I say then turn away to wash up.

I will leave the timing to you and Sian...to an extent.  It doesn't have to be today or tomorrow but it needs to be soon.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-15-17/0241:05>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1945   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda swats at your ass when you turn away.  "Oh, you have the desire all built up and I intend to give you the payoff later."  She is quiet for a bit, then says, "I will let Sian get to know our friends and take my lead from her.  I am sure that she will come to a decision within your time restriction."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-15-17/0315:35>
It's not an ultimatum or anything.  it's just the sooner we get started on this the better off we will be and the more time we will have to gather power before we start having growing pains, I say matter-of-factly. 

Besides it feels wrong you living here and them not knowing and I'm worried what might happen if they were to find out on their own,  I add quietly.  I'm sure they would be understanding just not as much if they found out on their own.  We must temper our caution with determination so as not to let it become procrastination.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-15-17/1354:09>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1946   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


"I can agree with you on that.  Secrets are not good among friends."  She laughs as her hands run across your back.  "Are you sure they won't freak out and go for the stakes or something?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-15-17/2039:32>
I move to wash her back and reply, I am as sure as can be reasonably expected.  I like to think I know my friends well enough to say I know how they would react in any given situation, but some dark corners of peoples psyche remain mysteries to us all.  I would risk my life on my friends though, I know that I am asking for a lot from you and Sian, but I swear I would risk it all and more on my friends.  I hope that you can come to see that too.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-15-17/2158:23>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1946   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda smiles as she turns to face you, giving you the opportunity to wash her front.  "I understand, Isla, and so does Sian.  It is just that you have probably never faced a horde of peasants with pitchforks and torches in hand, all of whom are intent on staking you in the heart, dousing your body with holy water, and then burning what remains into ashes that can be purified and buried in a stone crypt.  It might sound crazy, but I have been the target of such a crowd more than once in my life.  However, you are.....................different.  Both Sian and I believe that.  And I am willing to trust Corbin and Shelly if you say I should.  I am pretty sure that Sian will see it that way as well."  She stiffens a bit.  "Oh, yes, that feels nice.  You don't have to stop if you don't want to, but it might eat up too much time, though, and I can wait until later.  Just not too much later."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-16-17/0155:02>
Maybe not hordes of peasants but we  three have spent months running and hiding from monsters who wanted to eat us or worse.  I know it's not the same but I think the parallels are there.  This is one of the reasons I think my friends may be some of the few people who might understand the two of you.  I linger a bit longer on Glinda then finish up the shower and get dressed.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-17/0211:48>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1948   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


Glinda nods.  "It appears I have embarrassed myself.  I am sorry to dredge up memories and would not want to have you think that I do not realize that you have experienced something similar to what I have.  I am sorry."

Glinda follows you out of the shower and dresses silently, remaining behind for a moment after you leave then going to her room and shutting the door.  As you pass into the living room, you feel a ever so slight but noticeable tug from the alchemy lab where you have the blood.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-16-17/0247:27>
No need to be embarrassed I've mentioned it once is all and I've been distracting you...

I pop into the lab and open myself up to perceive astrally.  Confused about what might be calling to me.  I make sure the blood is secure and glance around trying to find the cause.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-16-17/1045:16>
Wednesday  12 June 2075  1950   Isla's Apartment  Seattle


It seems that the blood itself is attracting you and you feel a very slight desire to look at it, to study it, to master its secrets.  It is not yet a demand....................................................
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-16-17/2059:45>
I set my com to alert me in about 40 minutes then pull out the blood and stare at it for a while with a pensive look.  almost expecting it to talk to me.  I look at it again, assense it again then refine it into reagents if nothing interesting happens by then.

[spoiler]assensing roll (http://orokos.com/roll/476018): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-17-17/1503:58>
Wednesday. 12 June 2075. 2030. Isla's Apartment. Seattle


Your assensing tells you that the blood you are looking at is a little bit stronger than it was earlier.  Beyond that it does not yield up any secrets.  However, it also proves resistant to farming for reagents.  It also is hard to look away from it, even when the alarm sounds forty minutes after you walked into the room.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-17-17/1850:16>
Well that is unsettling.  It doesn't appear to be any sort of magical enchantment but a property of the blood itself for one to become obsessive with it.  I shall have to be very careful of this.

I wrench my gaze from it and return it to it's place, then head out into the common room to await my company.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-19-17/1650:29>
Wednesday 12 June 2075. 2040. Isla's Appartement Seattle


It actually takes you three minutes to get to the door and through it, but once out of the room you no longer have the urge to go back in.  Corbin, Shelly, and Glinda are waiting in the main living room,chatting.  They all look at you and Corbin says, "You OK, Lizzie?  You look a little pale."

Shelly laughs.  "She has been working too hard.  I know just what she needs and the three of us are just the ones to give it to her."

Glinda has a worried look on her face, but only says that Sian will be at the apartment in a few minutes.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-19-17/2151:53>
Eh?  Perhaps that's it.  I glance at Glinda with a furrowed brow for a moment then turn my attention to getting things ready.  I put on coffee and break out my good booze.  I pour myself a drink, knock it back and grab another then join my friends.

So how are things?  I haven't seen you guys as much as usual, but I know we've all been busy.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-22-17/1008:48>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2047 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Shelly stretches.  "I have been very busy working my regulars and expanding a bit in addition.  And you have not been home to help me get to sleep.  It has been a bit lonely.  Fortunately, Corbin has stepped up to help.  I have been hoping our new roommate would be more available, too."

Corbin and Glinda both laugh and Glinda says, "I will be better at that."

You get a message from one of the gangers watching the place that a young girl is walking alone on the street.  She doesn't have any large dogs with her so they want to know if this is your guest.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-22-17/1425:27>
Maybe.  We'll come down and see.

Sian might be here, but I guess she didn't bring the kids you want to come greet her with me Glinda?  We'll be right back.

Once I have Glinda alone in the stairs I mention the blood.  So that stuff you gave me...I think I've discovered a strange property.  I've checked it for any magical residue to see if it was enchanted or anything but apparently it naturally causes an obsessive compulsion.  Sort of like the One Ring in the Lord of the Rings, if you are familiar.  I see why all the other alchemists you mentioned went a little axe crazy.  You should probably take it back before it becomes a problem.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-22-17/1607:17>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2050


Glinda watches you closely as you descend the stairs.  In a soft voice, she asks, "Do I have anything to worry about, Isla?  You will never know what you can resist if you give it back now."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-22-17/1837:10>
 I glance at her out of the corner of my eye. You think I need practice?  I'm not an a stranger to the dangers of addiction.  I am, after all, in the habit of fulfilling my desires not combating them.  I might be more willing to risk the dangers if there was some tangible benefit from it, but it just seems like a tease with no payoff.  I can't even make reagents out of it.  If my friends are noticing physiological changes in me after just a few days of study I think that maybe the possible reward, of which I am unconvinced there is any, simply doesn't measure up.  Why risk everything for nothing at all?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-23-17/0748:09>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2051 Isla's Apartment Seattle


From the corner of your eye, you see Glinda frown and shake her head.  "I am saddened that you would think that I would give you something dangerous that has no value to you, Isla.  My blood is a direct link to power that you could have used to help with your own spells.  I am still not completely familiar with your magic, but others have used the power of the blood as a sort of focus to add strength to a spell.  But once used, the power is gone and another sample of blood is needed.  That is the addiction, Isla; the continuous need for more of our blood to give extra power to your spells."

She pauses.  "I can destroy the sample and remove the addiction before it becomes a problem.  I can also remove the source of the blood from your presence if you want.  Your call."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-23-17/0933:38>
I thought you were unaware of the properties of your blood.  Fine I will use it like that and see what comes of it. 

Don't be silly I was trying to be considerate not imply that you should leave.  You are the one who warned me about the other alchemists.  I thought it was simply greed that sent the others to their destruction but there is some other component involved.  I thought I was being responsible.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-26-17/1524:32>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2051 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda stops and takes you by the shoulders so she can face you.  Her eyes are kind and her smile seems genuine.  "Isla, we are intercommunicating here and I would like to be sure that we are both saying the same thing.  As to magic, I know what my blood does for my magic, but mine is not the same as yours and so I do not know what properties my blood might have for you.  Ancient alchemists were always just one step away from finding the mysterious agent that would help them turn lead into gold.  Some thought that a vampire's blood was that agent, so, yes, greed has been a factor in the past.  Mages of any age have long been convinced that a vampire's blood can make their own spells stronger, which makes sense.  But a side effect of using the blood is a sort of addiction, a need to have a larger supply available to make gold or to do greater and more powerful magic."

She pauses, "I do not want to leave and am willing to take a chance that you will not abuse me or kill me for my blood.  I feel a closeness to you that I have not experienced in a very long time and I dearly want you to understand that."  She leans into you with slightly parted lips.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-26-17/2048:32>
I kiss her, putting myself into, trying to show her what I mean not just tell her.  I hold eye contact while explaining.  Part of the reason I don't think I want to keep it is because of you.  I don't want you to feel threatened or worried about me.

I like to give in to temptation.  I REALLY, like it.  But there is temptation and then there's just stupidity.  Just from a few days of studying it...not even using it, I'm experiencing physiological changes and an obsession.  What kind of hold would it have on me if I used it.  I wouldn't want to have that anchor tied around my neck even if I could make it myself, as much as I ever wanted.  Add to that the fact that the source is a very good friend of mine and harvesting it would be bad for her.  It's unthinkable.

When you seemed to not be concerned about it I played it off and was just going to destroy it myself and think nothing of it afterwards and assuage your fears.  I suppose I should have just said so but I figured now isn't really the best time for that conversation what with the others upstairs and Sian waiting for us.

Are we cool?  I finish, brushing a a few stray strands of hair from her face.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-26-17/2123:07>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2052 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda holds the kiss for as long as she can and her hands brush against you before she forces them back to your shoulders.  Her voice is soft and seductive.  "No, Isla, we are hot, not cool.  I burn with desire for you, to share information I have gathered over hundreds of years; to combine our bodies in sexual techniques that most people cannot even fantasize about but I know; to be a friend that you can count on no matter what, with the only exception being that I cannot do harm to Sian, who created me."

She focuses on something for a moment and then smiles.  Simultaneously, you feel as if a weight has been taken from you, although there is a quick pang of loss that slips away.  "I have destroyed the sample so you do not have to worry about it.  If you later feel that you are strong enough to want to examine it again, I will give you another sample."

At that moment, the door of the lobby opens and three of the local gangers enter with Sian, who smiles at you.  "Are the lives of these three important to you, Isla, or are they free for the taking?"  The three men look like they would be willing to gladly give up their lives and their attention is totally focused on the fifteen year old girl in front of you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-27-17/0007:13>
I can already feel it's pull gone.  We may have to experiment with that, but I don't think I'll be doing it alone.

Did they displease you?  I fear it may have been my fault.  I'd hate to think they were taken because they were showing loyalty to me.  Their disappearance might also cause me some trouble with the gang...I should really get in with the leader and talk to Marcus.  I shake my head.  Sorry tangent.  I'd prefer you didn't.  These may not be the best men but they have been loyal to me and surprising respectful.  If it is my choice I'd choose the devil I know.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-27-17/0221:43>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2053 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Sian smiles at you and you shiver just a bit despite yourself.  "No, I am not displeased with them.  On the contrary, I find them desirable.  But I will release them if it would displease you to lose them."  She looks at the three gangers and they shudder and back away, muttering something about hoping you have a pleasant evening.  Once they disappear, Sian turns back to you.  "Now, let's meet your friends and talk about this circle.  I have been collecting these reagents and some of the other materials on your list for your lodge.  We can talk of plans."

She looks back around at the door.  "I do not often leave my home, Isla.  It is nice to do so once in a while, so thank you for asking me over."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-27-17/0923:03>
No problem.  You are welcome here any time.  I hope we didn't keep you long.

You want the grand tour?  This is also the place I was thinking of setting up shop for the coven.  As you can see the ground floor is nice and open with the offices and few apartments which would make for a decent day center of some kind.  The second floor has more apartments than the top.  We've renovated the top floor to our personal tastes.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-28-17/1338:39>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2055 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Sian waves her hand.  "You have not kept me waiting at all, which certainly pleases me."

She looks around the large room and motions at the expanse.  "It does look large enough, but I will have to take your word that it has enough space for the lodge.  May I look about?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-28-17/1518:05>
[spoiler]I hope you don't mind me just making this up, it's half convenience and half describing my "home".  If you think I need to actually go through the process of finding a more suitable place I'm happy to do so and I'll edit it[/spoiler]


Sure.  I think the place may have a few squatters, gangers mostly, but I don't think anyone actually rents this place but us.  My fixer still hasn't gotten back to me about renting out the rest of the place.  I give her the tour. 

The center of the ground floor has a lobby and an enclosed, quartered section once used as offices or boutiques during more affluent ages.  Six medium sized apartments flank on both sides and the stair case and elevator take up the back area along with the maintenance tunnels.  The second floor is basically the same floor plan but instead of a lobby there are three more apartments and the central area where the businesses stood is a disused courtyard and defunct terrarium.  The third floor is us.  My apartment, the guest room that is now Glinda's and workshop take up a bit over half the top floor while Corbin and Shelly have the other side.

I open the door and introduce our guest.  Sian, this is Corbin and Shelly.  Chummers this is Sian.  She is our partner in China Town.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-29-17/1605:26>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2100 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Sian walks around with you.  "Is it your intent to leave the squatters in place or do you have plans for them?"

By the time you get to your floor, she is smiling.  "Yes. I can see some potential here, although I hope that your living space is better kept than the other floors."

Corbin and Shelly stand as you enter and acknowledge Sian.  Corbin smiles.  "Am I supposed to know we have a partner in Chinatown?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-29-17/2330:24>
I was just going to put them on notice that they could stay until we needed the rooms at which point they would be expected to clear out.  I doubt that will be any time soon really  I don't like to skip straight to kicking people out of their homes.

After the introductions I answer Corbin's question.  You are now, that's why I'm telling you.  Glinda and Sian have expressed some interest in our magical group idea.  They are attempting to do something similar to our goals here in Redmond in Chinatown, so it seems we have both common interests and common cause.  I figured everyone should get to know each other.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-29-17/2355:27>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2102 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Corbin and Shelly nod, but Shelly says, "Are we moving too fast, Lizzie?  I mean, this could all backfire on us, couldn't it?"

Sian nods.  "Smart girl.  Yes, it could and we do need to move slowly.  Too much exposure too soon could be very bad for us.  That is one reason Glinda and I are here; to talk and make plans.  But first we need to see if we can be compatible partners.  Lizzie asked us here because she and the two of you are such good friends and she wants you both to be comfortable with what we are doing and with who we are, individually and as a group.  Right, Lizzie?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-30-17/0054:12>
Things are moving a little faster than I had anticipated.  Nothing we can't handle though but it has instilled a little urgency in the getting to know you part of things.  There will be tribulations ahead, of course, but with the right people I believe we can overcome anything and I believe the right people are here with us in this room.  The J's also seem promising but I am not tying us quite so firmly to them.  They have a bond much like ours but I am an outsider with them and I don't want them to feel like I'm intruding.  They also share the caution we do but I wasn't expecting to court them as allies as quickly as I have needed to.  This is have no such compunctions.  I find Sian and Glinda to be refreshing company and we share goals and experiences that I believe make us...well, soul mates if I can use such a corny cliche.  Frankly I've been wanting to introduce you all since I met her and Glinda, but Sian is a bit more...reclusive than Glinda for some reason.

So yes.  I want you to be comfortable with each other and understand each other that we might all be friends here.  I get up and grab glasses and Ice and break out a few bottles.   I pour shots of my ginger vitae, let a bottle of wine begin to breath and open up a bottle of scotch.  I start passing out glasses to everyone then raise a toast Shall we have drinks?  A toast to new friendships perhaps.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-30-17/0208:23>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2103 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Corbin and Shelly look at each other and then smile at everyone in a welcoming manner.  Shelly accompanies you to the kitchen when you go for the drinks and catches your arm as she speaks in a whisper.  "Lizzie, what is going on?  The girl, Sian?  She can't be more than fifteen.  What sort of partner can she be.  And what the frag are we doing in Chinatown?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <01-30-17/0855:05>
Appearances can be deceiving Shelly.  That girl is nothing that she seems.  Try to get past the eccentricities of her appearance and get to know her.  WE aren't really doing anything in Chinatown.  SHE is attempting to gentrify the neighborhood, much like our goals here.  She leads a distribution ring on that side of things
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <01-31-17/2328:20>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2104 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Shelly nods.  "Got it.  Make nice and get to know her.  It just seems strange looking at someone that looks like her and not thinking that she is only fifteen.  But if you say she is alright, I will see what I can do."  She squares her shoulders and gives you a pat on the back before walking back into the living room with you and a tray of drinks. 

Sian and Corbin are sitting on the couch and Glinda is standing at the large window, looking out at the sprawl below.  She turns and thanks Shelly when offered a drink and lifts her glass in a silent toast to you.  Shelly places the tray on the table near the other two and joins them on the couch.  After some small talk, it seems that the ice is broken and Sian looks over to you.  "Well, Lizzie, you have some very nice friends and a nice home.  But I think I was asked here to talk about a circle of some kind.  Can you please explain that to me?"

Corbin and Shelly both turn to look at you with questions on their faces.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-01-17/0007:35>
The main reason was so everyone could get to know each other.  Since Shelly isn't awakened I didn't want to bore her with that stuff and have her feeling left out, though she is of course involved in the proposed goal of the venture.  I go over the things we discussed earlier.  Corbin has heard most of it before but I hit the high points and specifics we had discussed earlier.  I keep it clear of magical jargon so that Shelly can follow along with the conversation and doesn't feel left out.

[spoiler]OOC:  I'm assuming you didn't need me to repeat myself again for some reason,[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-01-17/0026:44>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2150 Isla's Apartment Seattle


After some back and forth and some quite serious questions and answers, Corbin seems convinced.  Shelly looks concerned, most likely because she does not really grasp what you are saying.  Sian looks at you and says, "So, Lizzie, when are you looking it do this?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-01-17/1140:46>
Soon, hopefully.  I want to make sure we can all work together and be comfortable with each other.  This kind of bonding requires a fair bit of trust. from all parties.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-02-17/0049:48>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2152 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Sian nods and looks at you.  "Lizzie, would it be possible to chat for a bit with Corbin and Shelly in private for a few minutes?  It will not take long, but I am interested in trying to get to know them better."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-02-17/1446:03>
Surely there isn't anything you could say to them that you can't say with me here.  I say smiling.  Slowly it fades as I realize I'm balking at this.

Odd.  I have no trouble putting myself at risk with these two but am I unwilling to put my friends in danger?  It's not that I don't trust Sian and Glinda so why am I suddenly so concerned?  Is it that I care more about my friends safety, or am I concerned there is something they want to hide from me?  Something they don't trust me with?  I glance at Glinda for some sign.

Very well.  I say begrudgingly. I was hoping this could be an open forum but clearly there is something you wish to keep from me.  I will leave my precious friends in your care.  I will be in my lab.  When you are done I'll show it to you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-03-17/0038:08>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2154 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda comes over to you and takes your hand.  "I will come with you, Isla.  This conversation is not for me, either, apparently."  She lifts your hand to her lips then lets it down while still holding onto it.  "They will not be long enough for us to do much in the lab.  Perhaps a walk?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-03-17/0812:00>
I shrug.  Sure, why not.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-04-17/1111:46>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2209 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda remains at your side as you walk.  Her attempts at conversation seem to fall a bit flat and it is apparent that she is....................concerned about something.  Finally, she takes your arm and turns to you.  "May I ask you something personal?"  Without waiting, she continues.  "Where do you see this going?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-04-17/1332:23>
I try not to have specific plans but the goal is to carve out our little niches of barrens and make them better places to live and establish a way for that to live on after us ultimately.  Why do you ask?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-04-17/1341:19>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2210 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda nods.  "That is a nice goal, Isla.  I hope that we can make it work."  She pauses momentarily.  "Sian says that all is good and that we may return at any time.  She says to tell you that there is not too much blood on your carpet."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-04-17/1345:53>
I stare blankly at Glinda.  If that was supposed to be a joke it's not very funny.

I head back to my apartment.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-05-17/0124:18>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2211 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda shakes her head.  "I think it is a reference to Corbin and Shelly not staking her.  She would not harm your friends unless there was no other way, and she would have plenty of ways to get away from here if she needed to.  There is nothing to worry about."

Indeed, when you get back to your suite, you find everyone sitting where you left them, although both of your friends look a bit shell shocked and Shelly mouths a soundless "What the fuck" as you walk in.  Sian, looks your way and smiles.  "I think we will get along fine, once the shock wears off.  They have some questions about vampires that I am sure they want very much to ask you after I have left.  Overall, this will be good, as long as we work together to get past certain prejudices."

Both Corbin and Shelly nod and they do indeed look like they have some questions.  Sian adds, "Now that this is out of the way, what do we need to hammer out now?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-05-17/0251:17>
You broke it to them already?  I still don't know why you wanted me out of here for that.

I don't think there's anything else to hammer out.  You guys have any questions for her specifically?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-05-17/1715:04>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2213 Isla's Apartment Seattle

Sian looks at you and smiles.  "Yes, I did.  I hope that is alright.  I think that they have questions for you, though."  Both Corbin and Shelly nod their heads.

The elder vampire stands up.  "I like your friends and I like your ideas.  I am sure that we will make this work.  Let me know when you want to get together for this circle or to just practice."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-05-17/2243:43>
You'll have to bring the puppies next time.  I'll show you my lab, give you an idea of what the grander scale will be like once you are ready to move forward with that, I say escorting her out.

After she leaves I address my friends.  I hated keeping this secret from you over the last few days.  I hope you understand it wasn't my secret to tell.  You have questions for me?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-06-17/0116:41>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2215 Isla's Apartment Seattle


"Yes, I will bring them next time.  They do tend to attract attention and I will have to consider a way to deal with that issue.  Thank you so much for asking me here.  Come see me when you have a chance."

When you get back to your suite, it is obvious that there is a bit of a strain between Glinda and the others.  She is standing near the window, looking out at the sprawl in the night while Corbin and Shelly are sitting on the couch.  Shelly is the first to speak.  "Holy fucking drek, Lizzie.  A vampire?  And not one, but two?  Didn't we have enough of these diseased pseudo undead already?  And we.....we....holy fuck, are we infected now, too?"

Glinda turns from the window and looks at you with sad eyes.  "Perhaps I should leave for a while and let you three talk this out."

Shelly looks at you and licks her lips before opening her mouth and closing it without saying anything, giving you the chance to speak.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-06-17/0207:15>
No Glinda, you should stay, I don't know all the answers and you may be able to give us more answers.  Besides you are a roommate now.  This is something that we should all be here for..  The answer is no Shelly.  These two aren't from the magical virus.  You'll have to ask Glinda more about that.  I don't really understand it myself,  I understand your reticence Shelly.  But they are more like us that those monsters from our childhood.  They aren't hunting us,  They aren't turning us.  They have been chased by communities who want to kill them just as we have.

We also have similar goal.  Their project in chinatown and ours in here in Redmond.  They care about people
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-06-17/0746:44>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2215 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda nods from where she is at near the windows.  "Lizzie is right, Shelly.  I was made into what I am through a bite, but the process was a bit more complicated than simply getting a scratch or being bitten.  I am nothing like the diseased creatures you are familiar with but am more like the vampires of legend and old trivids.  I have no intention of turning you into a vampire and you cannot become like me through casual touching or having sex with me.  I am a sorceress of some power, but even my magic is different from what is "normal" for you.  It is very difficult to explain this, but I like it here and I like you three very much and am asking you to give me a chance to be your friend"  She stops talking and looks anxiously at Corbin and Shelly.

Both of your friends remain silent for a couple of minutes then Corbin nudges Shelly.  "Hey, Shel, look at it like this; we would already be dead if she wanted to harm us.  I think it is sort of neat to have had sex with someone over a thousand years old.  I say we should give her a chance."

Glinda looks at Shelly.  "I am not here to break you three up and will leave if the vote is not unanimous for me to remain."

At this point, Shelly looks over at you.  "Are you really OK with this, Isla?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-06-17/0939:18>
I am...Granted I trust Glinda more because I know her better and Sian seems to have a different understanding of social behavior, but I do trust her and Glinda trusts her so that makes me trust her that much more.  Shelly, they are people living in a hostile world.  Most anyone would rather kill them than talk to them.  They are constantly hiding and living in fear of this sort of retribution.  Does that remind you of anything?

We haven't trusted many people since then and I haven't felt a kinship like I have with these tow since we lost our brothers and sisters.  I see kindred spirits, not monster.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-06-17/1106:45>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2216 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Shelly's eyes widen and she sits back in the chair.  After a moment she nods and rises, going to where Glinda is standing.  "I am sorry, Glinda.  I had not really thought of it in that way.  Of course you can stay."  She puts her arms around the vampire and kisses her.

Corbin looks at you then follows suit, but comes to you instead.  He takes you into his arms and holds you close.  "You certainly have way with words, dear sister."  He then takes your face in his hands and begins to kiss you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-06-17/1223:10>
I kiss him back but cut it short.  I don't want you guys to be convinced by my words.  I just want you to keep an open mind about them and look for yourselves.  I think you will probably come to a similar conclusion is all.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-07-17/0141:25>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2217 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda and Shelly separate as well and Shelly looks over at you as Glinda goes back to looking out the window.  Corbin asks, "So what do we do now?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-07-17/1514:19>
Well I to do a thing with Jess, and I really need to get some surveillance on this Alvin Corse guy.  I could use your help on that Shelly, if you've got the time?

[Spoiler]speaking of Alvin, I assume it is dusk by now.  My spirit should have returned and communicated what it saw with me during the day.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-08-17/0944:51>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2218 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Shelly looks a bit relieved at the thought of doing something and nods.  "You got it.  What do you need me to do?"

[spoiler]I am sorry.  Too many things going on.  What did you ask it to do?[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-08-17/1019:55>
[spoiler]I had it on remote service to watch Alvin's house and follow him when he returned and report back before dusk.[/spoiler]

 I need to set up surveillance on a guy, we are going to use your drones to do so.

@Jess:  You want to do that thing tonight?  You want to meet up for the practice run?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-10-17/0236:03>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2218 Isla's Apartment Seattle


[spoiler]Sorry.  The man had not returned to his house by dusk.  In fact, there seemed little going on at the house at all.[/spoiler]


Shelly rubs her hands together.  "Good.  what is the address and who am I looking for?"

>>Lizzie [Jess]:  Sure for the dry run, but he is away for the evening and I am not sure when he is supposed to return.  Are you available now or when /where do you want to meet?<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-10-17/1055:03>
I swipe the file on Alvin to Shelly.

You think he'll be back tonight?  The spirit goes away at dawn so it would need to choreograph again.  If that's the case we should just wait till tomorrow .
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-10-17/2302:30>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2219 Isla's Apartment Seattle


>>Lizzie [Jess]:  Might be best, then.  I do not know for sure when he will return.  Sorry.  Cannot plan for everything.<<

Shelly looks at the data and her eyes light up.  "I can totally do this unless there is something you aren't telling me.  When do you want this done?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-11-17/1433:38>
Right now looks good.  Anyone else want to come?  Stake outs can be boring.

I summon a water spirit and will have it watch the other house while we are on site as well. 
summon force 4 resist drain (http://orokos.com/roll/484616): 10d6t5 5 4d6t5 3 10d6t5 3 [spoiler]The previous one I accidentally used d5 so I just did it over.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-11-17/1442:37>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2220 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Corbin gets a look on his face and offers to come along, but Glinda hesitates for a moment before declining.  "Thank you for the invitation, but I think I will take a pass on this one.  I might go out for a bit later and will let you know where so maybe we can all meet up."

Shelly gives her an odd look but quickly turns to you.  "Let me get some of the boys and I will be right back."  She moves off quickly to her room.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-11-17/1553:36>
If you want to join us later Glinda let us know and we'll send the location and we can meet you later if not.

We wait for Shelly to grab her spy drones and head out.  Once there I send the spirit to the other house and we ride around until we find a stuffer shack or some place to chill for a bit while we watch the goings on on our AR displays.

Since Glinda isn't here you guys have any questions about all this you want to ask that you didn't want to ask in front of her?  I know things may be a bit weird for a while and that's okay, but feel free to talk to me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-11-17/1804:18>
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2400 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Corbin gives a smile.  "I think that is why she did not come along.  To give us time to talk.  Personally, I do not know what to think.  First of all, are they just really crazy women or do you thing they are telling the truth about being older than dirt and being, well, you know?"

Shelly shivers a bit although the 'Shack is warm enough.  "Frag, Lizzie, what have we got involved with?  I....I.....liked Glinda and thought that she would be a ton of fun to have around.  But that Sian scares the piss out of me and maybe Glinda does, too, now."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-11-17/2038:57>
I put my arm around Shelly to warm and comfort her.  Yeah they are what they say and yeah, Sian has hellhounds as pets and I don't think she quite understands people that well, but look at what they are trying to accomplish.  You should come to Chinatown and see what Sian's already accomplished.  The people there are scared shitless of her but she remains devoted to their wellbeing.  Glinda hasn't changed, she's the same person we've known this whole time and has grown on us.  They told us a secret that makes them vulnerable yet Glinda's main concern is that WE feel comfortable with her.

Don't get me wrong guys, your feelings are valid and they are dangerous people, but really look into your heart and I think you'll see they are kindred spirits as well and they want to be our friends.  Besides, we are pretty dangerous ourselves.

I'm not sure about their age, seems strange what with the virus being awakened but then again there are dragons and elves "supposedly" from before.  I don't see any reason not to believe them but I don't know that I'd put a significant amount of money on it.  Until I find otherwise I'm going to assume what Glinda showed me was true.  I give Shelly a squeeze.

Keep talking, if you have questions or just want to say something.  I want to hear what you guys think for real don't hold back on me.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-11-17/2327:02>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0002 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Shelly smiles but her heart is not completely in it.  "So, fangs and stakes and drinking blood?  All of that stuff?  But we have been with her in the daylight, right?  So how come she didn't explode or catch on fire or crumble into dust like in the trids?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-11-17/2343:34>
I glance around casually, to make sure we aren't drawing any attention.  Haven't seen the fangs, have seen the blood drinking though just a small amount.  Apparently sunlight isn't a big deal, but holy symbols do have some power.  Don't know about garlic but she can swim.  Anything else about that you will probably have to ask her.  I don't think she will have a problem answering your questions about that.  She probably hopes you will be comfortable enough to do so.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-12-17/0206:18>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0003 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Shelly nods but does not look entirely convinced.  Corbin has apparently been watching the screen on his 'link and speaks up.  "Say, sorry to interrupt the chatter but just what sort of care does this guy drive?  Someone just pulled up to the house."

Indeed, a sedan is stopping in the driveway of the house and a man is getting out.  Shelly gives some commands and the shot zooms in on Corse's face as he shuts the car door and walks to the house.  Corbin looks up at you.  "Is that the guy?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-12-17/0518:10>
Looks like him.  Shelly can you get inside to watch what he's doing?

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-12-17/1507:21>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0004 Stuffer Shack Seattle


"Absolutely.  I can just send one of my boys flying in right behind him."

The feed on the drone closes in on Corse and follows him into the house.  He puts his keys down on a counter and stretches before going off to the kitchen and grabbing what might be a can of beer from the fridge.  You can hear a soft beat from somewhere in the house.  He stands in the kitchen, looking out of his window and drinking from the can then he shrugs and walks through the house to a door that open on some stairs going down.  At this point, what was a soft rhythmic beat becomes much louder and you can tell that it is loud music playing from below.

Corse heads downstairs and accesses a panel in the wall then putting his eye to a small receptacle while putting his palm against a screen.  The door pops open and he passes between two men carrying SMG on shoulder straps to enter the basement.  The center of the room is set up with a couple of couches and some chairs set up around a large coffee table.  Several men armed like the two at the door rise when he enters the room and nod to him.  One motions the others to sit and says, "Hey, Boss, what's the word on this shipment?"

The drone scans the room at Shelly's direction and you see that the walls are lined with cages and that each cage contains one or more young girls.  The total count is near fifty.  Shelly and Corbin both go pale and Shelly gasps, "Frag.  Lizzie, is this what I think it is?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-12-17/1856:06>
Sonuva bitch.  How did I miss this on my astral recon this morning.  An intense anger rises in me as I flash back to my time spent in such cages.  I whisper more to myself than anything, Oh, I am going to enjoy destroying you, Mr. Corse.  It's a pity you will get to keep your life after this though.

Okay, we can't rush into this.  We can't kill this guy but we are going to dismantle this tout de suite.  Let's keep watching.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-12-17/2024:52>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0010 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Corse nods to the man who had addressed him then takes a walk over to some of the cages.  "These will leave here on Saturday afternoon.  As usual, we take a week off then start recruiting the next batch after that."

He points to a couple of the cages and shrugs.  "I will miss some of them, but there will be others.  And others."  He turns to look at the man, who is likely the senior guard.  "You boys doing alright?"

"Sure, Boss, no problems here.  We'll have 'em all ready for the move to the delivery spot.  You can count on us."

The slaver looks over to where a man appears through a door that had been closed.  You can hear the sound of a toilet flushing as the man rubs his hands and smiles.  "Anton, my very good friend.  How are you?"

Corse replies, "I am well, Sabon."  He motions to the ceiling.  "You still got us covered here?  We don't need anything leaking out."

The other man frowns and says, "Anton, that is not like you to doubt.  No one looking will find anything out of the ordinary with the astral here.  Have I ever let you down?"

Corse nods and smiles at the man then at the thugs before moving to leave the basement room.  "Good, then.  I will keep in touch."

He leaves the room and shuts the door behind him before climbing the stairs to the ground floor of the house.  He smiles and looks happy as he heads off to what appears to be a bedroom.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-14-17/2203:09>
So we are going to have to hit this shipment.   Get faces of those girls I'll see about getting them ID'd.

@Jessica: Hey I have a paying gig if you guys want some action.  That Corse guy, he's some kinda mobster and he's got a bunch of girls locked up in his basement.  Think you can run the faces on these girls?  See if they are anyone important or anything?  Will probably need them extracted on Saturday. if you are interested.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-15-17/0104:18>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0015 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Shelly nods and starts moving the drone around.  Several of the cells are crowded and it is hard to get a good picture.  From what you can see, there is a wide mix of nationalities represented in the cages, but the majority seem to be Caucasian.  All but six seem to be humans, the others being two Orks and four Elves.  Shelly whispers, "I only had the one drone follow him in and it is now in the basement, which means I have no contact with the man"

>>Lizzie [Jessica]:  Slavers, eh?  I could get on board with that.  You got details on where and when?  I think we should meet.<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-17-17/1542:51>
Saturday afternoon, not sure where.  I want to see who these girls are before we make any solid plans but we can meet up.  Two things to keep in mind whatever the plan.  Corse or whoever this guy is cannot be harmed...much and I cannot be seen.  We have confirmed at least one magically active goon as well and he's fairly powerful he's able to hide an entire basement from the astral.  See if Jezabel can get the location off one of their coms or something.

See if you can find another way inside for another drone...how many did you bring?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-18-17/1337:14>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0016 Stuffer Shack Seattle


>>Lizzie [Jessica]:  Sounds interesting.  I might do this pro bono, but you mentioned a paying gig.  And when/where do you want to meet before we move?  Are you bringing that scary friend of yours?<<

Shelly is looking a bit pale and has a frustrated look on her face.  "Sorry, Lizzie, I only sent one drone in and should have sent two.  I really did not expect this sort of thing.  I have three more and they are roaming the house, looking for an entry point, but he has the place sealed up pretty tight.  I imagine that the house is sound proofed so no one from outside could hear the girls scream for help.  I am still looking, though.  No one is good enough to seal everything and I will get in.  Maybe one of the roof vents.  I am going to jump in, so watch my body, eh?"

As Shelly goes limp in the booth, Corbin puts an affectionate arm about her.  He turns a worried face to you.  "So, what is our move, Lizzie?  This is some serious drek.  Do we call the KE guys?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-18-17/1502:21>
No one saw this coming Shelly, don't blame yourself we will do what we can.  I'm going to put the J's on this, and maybe Glinda, to save the girls, but I need more info on Corse for my task., so we have to keep this on the DL.

[spoiler]My understanding was that Jessica was the mage.  I think we may have mixed some of them up.  First I met was Jess, then Jessie.  Jessica was the mage, Jessup and finally Jasmine.  If I've gotten these wrong let me know.[/spoiler]

 @Jessica:  I can meet wherever, pass the info along to Jezzabel I'd like ID's before we make any concrete plans if that's okay.

@Summer:  Hey checking in on ya, you said you might have some info on that Corse guy by now.  I've got a cred stick with your name on it if you want to pick it up.

[spoiler]Summer is my hacker contact who I'd also engaged to check out Corse.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-18-17/1557:02>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0017 Stuffer Shack Seattle


>>Lizzie [Jessica]:  OK.  Come up with a meet place and time.  I hate going in without some sort of plan and we still have a couple of days for planning, right?  I have sent the load of pic you attached to Jezabel and she is working on them.  I will let you know what she finds.  Should I get some of my guys ready or do you already have some firepower?<<

Shelly is practically comatose and in her own world; one she has told you many times is soooooo much more interesting than the meat world.

>>Lizzie [Summer]:  Hey, getting ready to cash in part of that credstick.  This guy is a piece of work.  And I mean that in the strictest sense.  He is nowhere before three years ago.  Everything public about him is false, a complete fabrication from start to finish.  Not one shred of truth to it.  This is all very artfully done, too.  Very nice work.  What have you got me looking at?<<


[spoiler]So yes.  I had mixed up the Js.  Sorry about that.  Old man disease, I guess.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-18-17/1753:19>
@ Jessica:  We are doing the recon now.  I count 6 guys and the mage so far but we may have more intel soon.  You should prep a team and I can probably make Glinda available to you, if you want.  Maybe working with her some might help you get to know her and alleviate some of the tension.  We can plan on a tentative meet at Pulse around 2200 hours tomorrow.  I'll confirm with you once I have more solid info.

@Summer:  Oh yeah this guy seems to be a real piece of work.  I hope you've found some actual information on the guy besides the cover story stuff.  I'm not sure you want to know more than what you do.  We can talk in depth more once I see what you have and if you are interested in further work.

I drum my fingers on the table watching my friends and laying the groundwork for planning the con.  The hit may end up being my way into the Corse's good graces but the con cannot start until the true nature of the subject is known.  The first layer of the onion is peeling back, what delicious fruit will he offer up from the dull packaging in which he was wrapped?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-18-17/2148:37>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0019 Stuffer Shack Seattle


>>Lizzie [Jessica]:  Hey, Jezabel got a few hits off of some facial recog stuff.  So far she has identified four of the women as housewives that have been reported as missing over the past three weeks.  Still working on the others.  2200 tomorrow is OK.  I will do my best to get along with Glinda.<<

>>Lizzie [Summer]:  Nothing on him yet, but I think the info package is corp level stuff.  Good quality, too.  Just not good enough.  It all unravels once you know the thread to pull.  But the real guy is still a mystery.  Back to you later.<<

Corbin watches you tap your fingers.  "Hey, Lizzie, I know you too well.  You always do that finger thing when you are thinking hard.  What is going on?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-18-17/2325:50>
Just looking at the angles and wondering just how far this rabbit hole goes.  I like mysteries and I'm finding so many recently.  I can't keep up with them all.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-19-17/0302:20>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0022 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Suddenly, your 'link squawks at you and you are getting a feed from inside the house.  Corse has apparently gone to bed and is sound asleep.  Laying on the bed next to him is a naked woman with her arms extended above her and handcuffed to the head of the bed.  There is bruising on her sides and her face and it appears that she has been crying.    Corbin whispers.  "Fragging drek, Lizzie.  You seeing this?  This guy has got to die."

>>Lizzie [Shelly]:  Hey, I got this when I got inside.  Sort of glad I was not there to see all of what I am sure happened to this woman.  Hey, I think I know her.  Some staffer for the Mayor or something like that.  Check the back press stories from a couple of months ago.  Simmons......no, but something like that.<<
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-19-17/1344:59>
@Shelly and Corbin:  See loves, this is a real monster.  This man chooses to be what he is.  We can't kill him unfortunately, but that just means we have to be creative when we come up with his punishment.

We are probably done here for now.  Can you two keep track of the goings on here?  Shelly you can get some rest while Corbin watches and then he can wake you when Alvin or Anton or whoever this guy is wakes up so you can track him through the day?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-19-17/1711:29>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0024 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Shelly's body twitches as she comes back to it.  Her face is paler than it normally is after jumping into one of her drones.  She shakes her head.  "Frag, Lizzie.  That man IS a monster.  And so are all those sick bastards with him.  What have we got into with this?  And who is this guy?"

Corbin is frowning as he subs Shelly's shoulders.  "So, Lizzie, why do we need to let this guy live?  He certainly deserves something of what he has done to these women.  And from what I heard, this is not his first or last group of women.  Why can't we get the.....the Js or whoever they are, to help us.  Or Glinda?  I am sure that she would want to help."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-19-17/2146:24>
I've already contacted the J's to save these girls.  Corse or whoever he is was chosen by my mentor spirit to serve her.  I have  to leave him alive but she wasn't concerned with his condition otherwise.  I have to find out his secrets and leave him alive, so that's what we are doing.  I don't mind ruining the fellow and making his life a living hell though.  He doesn't need a penis to live after all.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-19-17/2348:38>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0025 Stuffer Shack Seattle


Your friends nod as they rise, Shelly having recovered from her jump.  Corbin looks at you as the three of you leave the 'Shack.  "So, back to the apartment or are you going off somewhere else?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-20-17/2128:10>
Looks like it's going to be a night in.  I need to spend some time with Jill's presents and need to finish up one more batch to have a decent supply on hand.

Once at home I will busy myself bonding one of my health foci.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-21-17/0020:00>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0330 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Once you get to the house, Corbin and Shelly go off to her room for a bit while you are working on bonding your focus.  By the time you finish and head off to the lab, you hear the sounds of two people having sex coming from her room.  You try to place your focus all on the drugs after that, but some of the faces of the imprisoned women keep coming to your mind.  You are about half way through the batch when the door opens and Glinda comes in, dressed to help.  "Hello, you.  Want some help?"  She starts in without waiting for an answer, reducing your work time by quite a bit.

When the work is done, she looks at you as you remove your gear.  "So, shower and bed, or do you wish to be alone tonight?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-21-17/1959:16>
I suppose I could be convinced.  I'm not really in the mood to play though.  I explain why detailing the events at the Corse house.  Speaking of which, I'd like you to work with the J's on this, if you don't mind coming along for the meet tomorrow.  I don't want to sleep alone, but I don't find rape and human trafficking to be all that...stimulating, then again I could sure use a distraction.

[spoiler]spell focused on bonded health focus, drain (http://orokos.com/roll/488597): 10d6t5 5 10d6t5 5 perfect +4 reaction +2d6 init no drain[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-21-17/2256:43>
Glinda removes her clothes as she listens to your story, then takes your hand and walks with you to your room and the shower there.  You finish talking about the time that she finishes washing you down.  Something about her touch seems to relieve your stress and calm your nerves.  Once dry, she goes to sit on the edge of your bed and pats beside her.  "So tell me why this man needs to live and do you need to keep the others alive as well?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-22-17/0849:57>
Mmm.  That feels nice.  I say.  My mentor spirit has tasked me with this.  I am to learn his secrets but leave him alive, though I may toy with him as I please.  I've found she has good reasons for these kinds of strictures and I'm not about to second guess her just because I empathize too easily with women in cages.  I can't let that cloud my judgement, at least until the end game.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-23-17/0040:48>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0400 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda moves to kneel on the bed behind you and begins massaging your shoulders.  "You have some knots here.  Do you mind if I work on them while we talk?  I once trained as a masseuse.  I was living in Venice, back in the mid 1400s and this was a useful skill to have at the time.  I have put it to use a number of times since.  I can still remember having the Doge on a table and under my hands.  He was pleased with my skill and I hope that you will be, too."

Her hands are like magic to your muscles as she kneads and pulls.  She asks you to lie down on the bed so she can get more of you.  "I can understand why you need this guy alive and far be it from me to advise going against your mentor.  Some day, you will have to talk to me of her.  You mentioned empathizing with women in cages.  Is that something that is too hurtful to discuss or............................?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-23-17/0842:09>
I moan under the magic of her fingers and continue, Seductress and the cages are basically the same story.  I told you how the three of us escaped from ghouls but we are just the three that survived.  There were 10 to start but only 5 of us when we were captured.  They locked us in cages, like the ones in Corse's home.  They used cattle prods on us when the crying got too loud for them.  I watched friends and strangers butchered in front of us.  It was my turn when Seductress saved us.  She helped me tap into my magic just in time...sort of.  I lost my arm before I could stop them, but I stopped them from hurting anyone ever again.  Those feeling get stirred up easily, all that hate and fear and hopelessness.  I can't help but empathize with those women.  I'm sure Seductress is trying to teach me something about myself, but these lessons are never fun.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-23-17/1001:02>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0402 Isla's Apartment Seattle


The hands move from your shoulders down your back, finding kinks and sore spots nearly everywhere.  The process is not without a bit of pain as she moves from place to place, but she leaves a good feeling behind as the hands go to the next spot.  "It sounds like you had a very bad time of it, Isla.  I am sorry that you and others had to suffer like that.  I wonder if the ghouls had much of a choice?  After all, it is hardly likely that they asked for that condition.  They could have been upstanding citizens before they were turned.  I am very aware of what a hunger like they must have had will do to one.  I was very much like that for several years; until I could get the hunger under control.  I killed indiscriminately, taking many innocent lives in the process.  There was really very little recourse, you see.  The hunger was survival.  I would have died without feeding off of the blood of others.  It is sad but quite true.  Fate must have a plan for you to have been saved like that.  I am glad that you were saved, but it does point out one of the ironies of life......in a different age, you would have been trying to kill me."

Her hands move across your ass and start on your legs and the pleasure is just almost indescribable.  "Still, you have not said whether or not the others need to live as well.". 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-23-17/2127:34>
Perhaps if I had met you as you were I would have killed you.  This wasn't survival though this was revelry in death and misery.  They turned people to swell their numbers and kept people in cages like animals.  They hunted us for sport.  You at least have the decency to feel remorse for your killing and well...frankly some people need killing. 

Speaking of, Corse is the only one I need alive I don't care about the rest of them.  They might be a good source of intel on the inner working of this group.  Taking a captive or two could be rewarding.  Oh, that's the spot! I cry as the sore muscles quiver under Glinda's care.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-23-17/2154:53>
Thursday 13 June 2075 0415 Isla's Apartment Seattle


Glinda remains quiet as she continues the massage, working out the stiffness and tension in your muscles.  Just as she has you almost asleep, she lays down next to you on the bed and puts an arm around you as if to protect you from something or maybe everything.  You actually feel warm and safe, truly safe, for the first time in a long time.  You hear her murmuring words in a strange tongue as you drift off to a dreamless and restful sleep.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-23-17/2256:15>
When I wake I  move so as not to upset Glinda sleep and go to start coffee.  I activate my new magical artifict and thrown on my cloak.  After drinking a cup of coffee I ad reagents a cup of coffee and some choice drugs on the altar as sacrifices.  I begin meditating on the altar looking for a gateway in to the metaplanes to begin my journey of initiation.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-24-17/1122:40>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 Isla's Apartment Seattle


What little you truly know about initiation is barely enough to get you started, but you feel more ready right now than any time earlier.  The sleep you have had was the most restful that you can remember and the massage has left you feeling ready for the journey into the unknown that you are about to undertake.  Closing your eyes you let yourself slide into a meditative state, not really knowing what to expect.  The smell of the coffee on the altar, the feel of the cloak on your body, and the sounds of life outside in the streets are all links to your present.......................until they are not.  The smell of dirt and trees replaces the coffee; a light breeze on your skin lets you know that you are unclothed; and the rustling of leaves above you and the tinkling of moving water replace the sounds of the street.  Opening your eyes you see that you are sitting naked in a small glen in a woods.  From where you are sitting, there is grass stretching out for perhaps thirty feet to your sides and front.  The glen seems surrounded by trees of some sort of broadleaf variety.  A narrow creek runs across the glen in front of you, coming from the trees to your left and disappearing into the trees to your right. 

Looking around, you see that the glen also extends behind you, but there is a difference.  There are two paths leading from the rear of the glen.  The one on the right is perhaps five feet wide and moves in a fairly straight line from the glen.  The trees are neat and orderly, the ground covered in the same grass you are sitting on, and the way is open to the sky.  The path on the left is narrower and you can only see a few feet in due to the crowding of the overhanging trees and you can see vines and roots breaking the surface of the earth.  The air shimmers in front of each path and a woman two women appear.

The woman on the right is as naked as you are and her stance and appearance make you desire her.  "I am the servant of your Mistress, she who should be desired, and I am here to guide you on your journey.  The way is clear for those who seek knowledge of magic and power over others."

The other woman is Sian, or at least it looks very much like her.  She is dressed in clothing that you do not recognize.  "I am a servant of Power itself and I am here to guide you on your journey.  The path is far from clear to those who seek knowledge of themselves first and magic after.  You must choose your path, Isla, for you can only take one at this time."

The other woman laughs.  "You do not need to go down that path and your Mistress does not desire you to do so.  Remember who you owe."

Sian nods and looks at you with a bit of sadness.  "You can break the chains and the soft words that bind you and seek a different way, but it is ultimately your choice which path you choose.  Such choices are not meant to be easy and there is a price to pay for either path you choose."

"Quiet, demon.  You have had your say."  The woman turns to you.  "Yes, there is a price to pay.  Should you choose the path not offered by your Mistress and follow this demon, you may put yourself beyond where you can be saved.  Is what she offers enough that you would risk the displeasure of your Mistress?" 

The naked woman moves her head to look behind you and you feel a presence there.  Turning you see nothing more than a slight swirl of leaves where the breeze is playing, but you hear a soft voice.  "Isla, I am with you when no one else can be.  For you, I could defy my own mistress, though it means my doom.  Our meeting in that club was never coincidental.  I was searching for you because I could feel your presence.  I am holding you now to protect you on whichever path you choose.  Look into your heart when you despair and find me there."

Neither of the women at the paths seem to hear the voice and the seductress shrugs her shoulders as if she had thought she had seen something.  "Come, you must choose.  And be cautious who you displease."

Sian nods.  "I am not here to convince you which path to take, only to guide you if you choose this path."

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-24-17/2032:02>
I listen to them in turn and ponder their words for a short time.  I believe the path I must choose is obvious and it is clearly the only one my mentor would have me choose.  Thank you both for your counsel.

I approach the two and nod to the naked woman then turn to Sian.  I will accept your guidance on this path less traveled[./color]  I say to her.

This is clearly the only choice.  Everything in me screams towards this path and your words have convinced me it is the correct one.  My mistress knows the desires of my heart nor would her servants use threats and bluster.  I desire power.  I desire knowledge.  I desire a challenge.  I languished in complacency for too long and it was my mistress who moved me to seek more.  The wide easy path is an illusion.  This is the only choice there is.  I step toward Sian and the dark path.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-24-17/2122:20>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The naked woman changes her expression.  "No!  This was supposed to be easy.  This path is no illusion and will take you further towards your goal.  No, plea.........."

The woman jerks and falls to the ground, writhing in some agony before disappearing.  A new form appears in her place, beautiful and seductive, an ebony skinned beauty with dark wings flaring out behind her.  Her lips are as crimson as her eyes.  Her naked form is tantalizing and its very presence beckons to a part of you that wants so lose yourself in her arms.  Her voice is silk as she speaks.  "I, too, am a servant of your Mistress.  You have chosen your path, but I am here to offer you an alternative."  She raises a beautiful hand and points it at Sian.  This demon will lead you astray.  She is not beauty and sensuality, not pleasure and enticement.  She embodies those things best left in the dark, in the farthest recesses of any realm.  She will lead you into the darkest corners of your mind and to places forbidden, to see things that should never be seen, things that will rob you of yourself, and perhaps even end your existence.  I strongly urge you to reconsider your choice.  Our Mistress strongly requests that you reconsider your choice."

Sian says nothing to the new woman, instead holding out a hand to you.  The look in her eyes is.......different.  Certainly you already know that she is not the fifteen year old girl her body portrays, but in this place and at this time, you can see that she is indeed different.  And something about that is alluring and sings to your soul.  But still, the choice is yours to make.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-25-17/1409:57>
Your words ring hollow and this entire scenario feels wrong.  I do not blindly follow a guide and I am the master of my fate.  What proof do you have that you are indeed sent by the Seductress?  Second guessing myself feels wrong.  It will require some convincing.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-25-17/1435:04>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian looks calm, but the succubus does not.  She draws herself up and you can feel her seductive pull even through her anger.  She opens her mouth to speak then closes it.  With an effort, she gathers herself and calms down, laughing.  "Your fate.  Your fate is to occupy a special place at the side of our Mistress when you can prove that you are ready.  Attraction leads to Seduction leads to Influence leads to Power over others.  There is no illusion and the path here is clear because you have earned that much.  There is no need to force yourself along a path of misery and woe.  Seduction is not a hard path but it does lead to great influence and power.  Come, you have the option of changing your choice so please do so."

Sian has not spoken again, nor has the presence behind you that neither of the others seems to have noticed yet.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-25-17/1641:13>
I think not not.  This is the path that has seduced me, I say pointing towards the tangled path.  I find it hard to believe you are a servant of my mistress.  I shall forge my own path.

I step onto the dark path nodding to Sian, though I do not take her hand.  I will walk this path under my own power, but I will heed your advice.  Shall we go?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-26-17/0009:20>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


When you turn to Sian, you see that she has not moved.  Her voice is soft, softer than you can remember hearing her before.  "There are some rules even I must obey and one is that, as the succubus gave you an option to choose again, so must I.  The path before you is dark and twisted and full of dangers.  It is not a straight walk to the reward as the other path is.  I believe you to be ready or I would not have made this option available to you.  I must tell you that I am not a servant of your Mistress.  I am a servant of true power."

"This path will amaze and confuse you, sometimes all at the same time.  I am an adviser and a guide.  You will make your own choices and I will not tell you what to do.  Your decisions on this phase of your ultimate journey may have a true and real effect on you.  I expect that you will find pieces of you; who YOU are and that they may lead to an awakening of something great and beautiful.  The knowledge you find here might keep you in the hands of your mistress, but it may not.  And future journeys will force you to decide whether to stay with her or to take a different path, one that can lead you to true power.  The ability to influence men and women is great indeed, but is certainly transitory at best and wasted at the worst.  True power is what defines existence, creates it, and molds it.  It transcends anything you know right now and is impossible for me to describe.......you have to experience it to know it."

Sian pauses.  "If you understand me, then you have this one last chance to change your option.  The succubus is just around the corner and you have not taken an irretrievable step yet.  It is your choice, dear Isla."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-26-17/0501:40>
I highly doubt I will ever abandon my mistress, but forbidden fruit is the sweetest and I believe she understands and probably even foretold my choice here.  My decision is made let us continue on.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-26-17/1330:59>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles and nods, motioning for you to proceed.  The path varies in width from about five feet to a narrow two feet.  The trees seem to form a wall and although you could leave the path at times, these breaks in the path look dark and very close.  The ground beneath your feet is uneven, with many rocks, roots, and vines poking through the soil, making walking difficult.  Sometimes you are forced to step over or around or under obstructions.  The heat and humidity seems a bit oppressive, not at all like the quiet glen you had left behind.  The way is not straight, taking many turns and you are no longer sure which direction you are traveling, although what does it matter since you are on a path, right? 

Or is it?  As you round one corner, you are faced with an intersection where you can go in one of two new directions.  From the right, you think you hear some sort of noise, almost guttural in nature.  The path in that direction seems a bit narrower, but is still traversible.  There is no noise from the other way.



Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-26-17/1738:44>
So what is it we are looking for.  Does it matter which path we take?  I say glancing down each path.  I listen closely to the sounds trying to discern the language or animal.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-26-17/1833:33>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods.  "Of course it makes a difference.  Life is a series of potentials and choices.  At any decision point, you can choose from one or more options.  The one you select becomes part of who you are and the others become part of who you might have been.  Here you have two choices and must choose one of them.  It appears that there is something down this path but no noise from the other.  Are you curious or does it not matter?  Ultimately, the choice is yours to make.  If you have specific questions, ask them and I may be able to answer them.  Generic questions will get generic answers.  You can gain valuable insight from either sort of question, but that depends on how you interpret my answers."

As you listen to the noises from the right, you think you can make out a weak plea for help, perhaps a child?  The guttural sounds strike a chord in your memory of ghouls dining on flesh.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-26-17/2211:49>
I chuckle at the Sian thing.  Yes, I know that much,  I meant what are we looking for or what are we trying to accomplish here and how does this choice effect our goal.

When I hear the child cry and the ghouls I check for my spell and weapon focus, then turn to Sian.  Can I summon spirits here?  Does magic work normally?

[spoiler]summon force 5 spirit of fire (http://orokos.com/roll/490454): 10d6t5 2 5d6t5 1 10d6t5 1 okay so that's pathetic, 1 service and 4 drain or 1 drain.  I'm tired maybe Imladir will tell us.

I won't summon one at all if Sian is quick to say I can't do so.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <02-28-17/0012:28>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods at your question.  "One of the things I told you when you were considering your path options is that this one will let you find pieces of yourself so you can try to put them together.  If you believe that part of you has anything to do with ghouls eating people then you might learn something by going that way.  If not, then there is little to learn in that direction.  Magic should work, but remember that I have told you that some magic is different and what you think you know of magic may be false here.  And spirits walk this realm freely and might prove difficult to call or control."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <02-28-17/2248:21>
I move quickly down the path becoming more and more cautious as I near the sounds.  I peer ahead looking for an opening or glimpse of the scene ready to pounce  if need be.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-01-17/0108:37>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The sounds get louder as you approach what appears to be a corner.  Peering around carefully, you see two ghouls sitting in the middle of a pile of bones in a small wide spot in the path.  One is sucking the marrow from a broken leg bone in its hands and the other is gnawing bloody flesh from what looks like an arm.  There are several humans chained to trees on the side of the clearing, three of them children.  No one seems to notice you yet.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-03-17/2208:54>
[spoiler]OOC: so weapon focus, spell focus or spirit?  Do I have access to those things or did my summoning fail?[/spoiler]

I watch for a moment and gather my wits checking to see what I have available to call upon.  If they move to kill another person I will strike but for now I will wait for an opportunity.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-05-17/0130:05>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Right now the two ghouls are sitting almost with their backs to you and seem content to gnaw on what they have in their hands.

Checking about yourself, you find that you have your Foci.  You had considered the summoning, but based on Sian's words had decided against trying it at this time.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-05-17/1824:19>
I activate my foci and cast a spell upon the ghouls.  I command them to stand up and bare their necks to me.

[spoiler]mob control force 5; drain (http://orokos.com/roll/492537): 10d6t5 2 10d6t5 3 going to edge reoll on both those
edge reroll x2 (http://orokos.com/roll/492538): 8d6t5 1 7d6t5 2 pfft
so 3 hits for the spell 4 hits for drain I take 3 stun, barring the "magic strangeness"[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-06-17/0221:21>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where

The ghouls jerkily stand up and stand still with their heads cocked over just a bit to show you their necks.  From somewhere behind you, you hear the wind blow.  "Do you want their blood, Isla? Do you want to taste it?"

Sian steps up next to you.  "There is power in you, Isla.  Just like there is power in everything.  You can so far only see one form of magic.  Would you like a hint of another form?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-06-17/0921:01>
Eww, no I do not want to taste their blood but I do want to spill it.  I nod to Sian, Sure, show me this magic.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-06-17/1116:25>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods.  "It is dangerous and difficult to control for the uninitiated, but you have some experience with power already."  She reaches out to touch your shoulder and you feel........................something.  Something very different and not entirely pleasant as it roils a bit in the pit of your stomach, bringing a taste of bile to your throat.  Everything but you and Sian seems to stop moving, and Sian steps slightly ahead of you and points to a small droplet of water hanging in the air in front of you.  "This is a very small bit of power, Isla.  It is not the power of your astral plane that you are used to.  This is a bit of the power that exists in all things and can allow you to do much more than you have thought possible before.  Very few people can see this power and even fewer can use it; to bend it to their needs.  There is a great risk here, Isla.  Some mages find the allure too great and become fail to understand the risk, eventually destroying themselves.  But I think that you can control this.  When you are more proficient, you will be able to draw the power to you but for now, simply reach out and touch this droplet and imagine what you want to happen to these unfortunate creatures.  Be as precise as possible, Isla, as an unchecked spell can have more impact than you want.  If you are ready, touch the power and feel its essence flow through you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-06-17/2326:19>
Disgusting creatures, I spit.  I picture the ghouls begin to gnaw on each others bodies consuming their extremities starting with the fingers of one arm then proceeding to the shoulder.  The horror of what they do begins to dawn on their faces but neither resists the other.  Next it's the toes, feet and legs to the thigh of each leg and finally if there is any  life left in them they dig out the others bowels.  This image plays in my mind over and over and I reach out and grasp the droplet in my clenched fist and bend the power to make my will reality.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-07-17/0055:15>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian takes her hand from your shoulder and you rejoin time.  The people in the cages are mewling for mercy even as the ghouls remain locked in place.  Thin blue streamers reach out from your clenched fist and touch the ghouls.  They seem to wake from their trances and turn on each other with crazed howls, beginning to eat each other as you had desired.  It takes a while but they kill each other before they get to the disemboweling part.  Some of the captives are shrieking in fear and horror while others have passed out from the sight.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-07-17/0812:59>
I move to free the people from their bondage and tell them they are safe now.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-08-17/0145:19>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


As you approach, those people still conscious flee to the rear of the cages, their eyes wide with fright.  Sian comes up to stand near you.  "So it is.  Power that is obvious can be misinterpreted.  Even though you have saved them from a gruesome death, most of these people are afraid of you.  They fear the unknown and you are clearly an unknown.  If you had used an ax or a club, they would be hailing you as their savior, but you used magic and they fear you.  Remember what I said once about peasants and their pitchforks and torches."

"Now that you used a bit power and saw what it did by thinking of it, do you have any conclusions?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-08-17/1619:37>
Conclusions after a single experiment?  Hardly.  I'm not even sure I see it as being any different than what I was doing before other than it being a more obvious metaphor.  I work to unlatch the cages and leave behind those I rescued once free from their bondage.  I did not do this for their thanks after all.

So, where to next?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-09-17/0036:29>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles.  "Then you have missed an important point.  No matter, there will be other opportunities." 

She points to the path ahead of you and the one behind you.  "You still have options, Isla.  You may proceed out of this clearing in the direction you are traveling now, or you may return to the intersection behind you.  Do you have any questions while we walk?  There are some that I may not answer, but some that I may. "
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-09-17/0824:01>
Oh?  What point did I miss?  Let's continue down this path then. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-10-17/1020:05>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian chuckles in that maddening way that all teachers seem to have.  "If I told you, it would not be learned as well.  You will have other opportunities to figure it out."

Leaving the small clearing, you quickly lose sight of it as the passage bends quickly away then back on itself in a seemingly endless and torturous manner.  As you round one particularly narrow corner, you see that the path dips into the ground just ahead of you, leading into darkness.  Sian touches your shoulder again.  "The passage ahead of you is full of dangers, Isla.  Those dangers are currently unseen.  Do you wish to proceed?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-10-17/2231:55>
As opposed to what, standing here idly wondering what's ahead?  If the dangers are unseen perhaps we should remain unseen as well.  I cast invisibility on myself and proceed slowly careful of my footing and any noise I might make.

[spoiler]invisibility force 5; drain resist against 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/494914): 12d6t5 6 10d6t5 4[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-12-17/1155:22>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The invisibility works but there is something a bit oppressive about the atmosphere here and you actually take feel a bit woozy after casting the spell.  As you descend into the darkness, you have to feel your way forward.  The sides of the cave are not smooth, nor is the ground you are walking on and the width varies from several feet to barely enough to wiggle through.  Likewise the height changes frequently with little notice and you bump your head a few times in the first hour or so.  It is easy for your foot to comedown on a rock and send it moving, but that is about the only noise you make, besides breathing.  After a while of making it through the shifting tunnel, your foot connects with yet another rock and sends it forward, but it only bounces once before the noise uncharacteristically stops and then you hear the rock bouncing from side to side against the walls of a pit ahead of you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-12-17/2305:49>
Ah so this is the unseen dangers.  I will move even more slowly and gently feel for the edges of the pit.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-13-17/0004:03>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Your fingers tell you that the pit stretches completely across the corridor and you have no idea how far the other side is.  There is a voice from down in the pit.  "Hello.  Did someone just toss a rock down here?  Can you help me?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-13-17/0017:34>
I attempt to judge the distance to the bottom from the voice.  I suppose that depends on how far down you are.  I don't have any rope or even a light.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-13-17/1012:02>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


You feel a touch on your shoulder and hear Sian's voice.  "Remember that power is all around you if you choose to look for it and use it.  Reach out and see if you can feel it."  She releases you shoulder and the world returns to what it was. 

The voice floats up from the pit.  "I am glad that someone came along.  I go lost and fell in this place."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-14-17/1958:23>
To Sian, or the Sian doppelganger I say, So are there other ways to use this power.  Can I use it to perform spells I do not know?  Can I make things out of thin air?

How did you get yourself down there?  What were you in this cave for?  I ask the disembodied voice.

Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-15-17/0012:52>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian laughs softly.  "Very good, Isla.  That is one of the questions that you should be asking.  Power is power and so, yes, it can be used to do anything you want.  If you have the will and enough power, you can do literally anything you want.  Of course, like anything else in life, it is baby steps first, so your spells will start out weak and will sometimes fail.  But as you learn more, you will get much better.  Much better.  All you need to do is see the power and then grab it to force it to your will.  But, of course, that is easier said than done.  You are on this path to learn how to do just that."

There is a laugh from below.  "I do not actually know how I got here.  I was walking on a different path when I suddenly found myself in darkness.  One step and here I am.  Can you help me?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-15-17/0057:57>
So I have to see it first.  Is it like peering into the astral?  I say and attempt to astrally perceive and look around for the pools and droplets of power that I have only seen twice now.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-15-17/0125:09>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


"Yes and no, dear Isla.  It is like peering into the Astral, but the place is different because the power I use is not associated with the Astral plane.  To find it, you need to open a different eye, or at least look differently with the eyes that you have.  I know that you have the potential to do this, but you have to want it very badly.  It will be painful the first time, as you will expand your universe by an infinite amount and see into a place that you never knew existed.  A place of wonder and majesty and power.  You might find it difficult to go back and switching back and forth might confuse you and dilute your efforts.  In the end, the choice is yours.  Tell me if you want this and I will help you.  That is what I am here for.  I believe that this is why you are here.  But it will hurt a great deal.  I have warned you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-15-17/0908:42>
And what is the price of this power?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-15-17/2230:52>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where



Sian smiles.  "Another very good question.  Ultimately, the price is everything you are, but that is at the far end of the spectrum and only the truly insane or power mad go that far.  The use of the power is a bit addictive.  Oh, not at first, but over the years it becomes more and more so.  If you are very strong willed, you can resist the call to use it.  There are those who are weak of will and try to reach for power that is beyond their ability and fall so deep into the need that they lose themselves.  Is this a chance you are willing to take?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-16-17/0909:34>
Okay Let's do this.  Show me how to see.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-17-17/0009:15>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian puts her hands on your shoulders and places her head close to yours and you smell a faint odor of something odd.  Not unpleasant, just odd.  "The first time is the hardest.  You have to see into a new realm, one that is not normally visible to even talented mages.  The power of the Astral is easier to see and grasp onto and so most mages go that route and never even imagine the power that could be theirs.  But the shield that protects this plane is hard to pierce the first time.  It does get easier, I promise, and each time you do this it will be easier and hurt less.  Just imagine trying to put your head through a hole with a diameter of two inches.  Fortunately, the shield does give, but only to those will a will to succeed."

She puts her hands on the sides of your head with her thumbs over your eyes.  "Focus, Isla.  I will show you the pinprick of light that your will must make larger."

Your senses reach out and you can "see" a small dot of light just in front of you.  "Do you see that?  You must try to expand that.  When you think it is about two inches in size nod and I will let go of your head.  At that point, you will have to force your head through the hole.  It will hurt a great deal."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-17-17/2126:05>
I focus on the speck, then gather my will.  I imagine picking my fingers through the hole and gently but firmly pull at the edges of the hole keeping a careful but constant pressure on the edge, ramping up the focus and concentration steadily.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-18-17/0125:16>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods and lets go of your head.  "That is good, Isla.  Keep your eyes closed this first time.  The transition from this place to that will be traumatic enough at first.  Now you must push your head through the hole into the other plane.  It is OK if you scream.  I promise that it will all be easier as you do it more and more.  At some point, the shield will recognize that you belong and will allow you an unchallenged entrance, but this time you are an intruder."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-20-17/0140:02>
I peek through the hole at first.  Then holding my down I begin to push it against the barriers willing the hole to stretch around my head until I can push my head in.  I feel the resistance and finally as it gives it it covers my mouth and nose making my breathing labored and with a final push I give out a barbaric Yawp as a sort of scream as I poke my head the rest of the way through.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-20-17/0933:10>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


When you get your head through, you feel water hitting your face as if it is raining.  From next to you, Sian says "Open your eyes slowly, Isla.   You have completed the hardest part." 

As you open your eyes you notice two things right away;  Sian sitting cross-legged in front of you and the water raining down on your head is a dark blue.  "Alright.  From here it is easy.  All you need to do is wish yourself here and it will happen.  Once you have penetrated the shield this much, it will accept you.  Come on up."

As easy as thought, you are standing on what appears to be solid ground.  There is a steady light rain of blue water falling on you and collecting in rivulets to flow off somewhere, although you do see a couple of small puddles here and there.  Sian holds her hands out to the rain then motions for you to sit next to her.  "We do not need to travel farther to get what you need."  When you are seated, she continues.  "These drops are power, Isla.  The smaller the drop the less power.  The small streams are concentrated power, as are the puddles.  Each can provide you with the power for your spells.  In this form it is simply here.  You will need to grasp it and absorb the power if you wish to use it.  You must be very careful in your selection, though.  Not enough power and your spell will fail, but too much power is even worse, especially at your level of experience.  It can be quite intoxicating and addictive and the power can take you if you are not careful.  For a start, I do not want you to try to absorb any of the power, but you are going to learn how to see it so that you can.  I am going to describe something to you and then tell you to do it."

"I am going to take you through the small steps first.  Are you ready?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-21-17/0852:29>
I take a deep cleansing breath and nod at Sian.  I'm ready.  Let's begin.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-21-17/0952:44>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles at you.  "As it is right now, you cannot really tell which drops are too small or to large so you will have to slow them down to a speed that allows you to select the correct one for your purpose."  She gives a slight laugh at the expression on your face.  "Do not fret, it is easier than it sounds.  After all, power exists to be used and the plane will not resist your will too much if using the power is your intent.  You will need a key word; one of your choosing and one that you will remember.  This word is necessary but can be any word, real or nonsensical, so long as you use the same word every time.  So, now I would like you to choose a word and focus your will to stopping the flow of the drops."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-22-17/2314:38>
A word?  Like just any word?  Could it be "and" or does it need to be something I'm not going to say much? Can it be a made up word?  Ooh, I know can it be shirak? I say smiling at Sian.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-22-17/2337:00>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles and puts a hand on your shoulder.  "That word will do, yes.  Now focus your will and stop the flow of time."

As you focus you see the drops slow then stop falling.  "Good, Isla, good.  Now you can select the drops you need for your desired spell.  Let us practice with a light spell, so you can see into the pit.  This is a very minor spell so you will only need a small drop of power.  You get it by reaching out and grasping, just you did for the killing spell, earlier, remember?  That spell was mostly me, but this time I want you to do the work.  The power can be retained in your body  for a short period of time, which means that if you know of a second spell you want to cast right away, you can take two drops and then use them one after the other.  Do not let the power go too long unused because it will break out and do harm to you.  Remember that power exists to be used, not stored.  The law of using power does not apply to this plane, so you can store it and not use it right away."

"OK, reach out and grasp a small drop and squeeze it into your hand.  That will allow you to absorb the power.  This drop will do for your light spell, so go ahead."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-26-17/1413:50>
Okay then, shirak, I say.  I watch for a moment in mute surprise as the rain slows enough to watch the individual droplets slide by at a snails pace.  I focus on the drop and reach out to grasp it.  I will it to become a pearl of cool, incandescent light in my hand picturing the rays slipping through my fingers as if trying to hold a tiny sun.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-26-17/1941:56>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


As desired, light tries to escape from between your fingers and it shines brightly when you open your hand.  "Very nice, Isla, very nicely done.  On this plane there is no passage of time relative to the one you were on so the spell has not really started yet.  The power that you put into it will fuel the spell for a number of minutes after you return.  What else do you think might help you in your task to assist the unfortunate traveler?  If you need two spells, you might as well get power for both while you are here.  At your skill level, you will not be able to cast both spells at the same same time, so just grab and absorb the power and cast it after you get back and actually release the power in the light spell.  You can absorb some bit of power and keep it for a short bit of time.  The amount and how long will increase as you learn more.  Right now you will be limited.  So, think, what other sort of spell would be be of use?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-26-17/2107:16>
Some sort of levitation spell.  I don't know it normally but if it is like the light spells then I should be able to get the woman out of the pit.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-26-17/2242:48>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian chuckles.  "Yes, levitation would be a good spell to have for this situation.  Unfortunately, it is a bit beyond your capability just now.  You could cast the spell, certainly, but the amount of weight that you could lift is far less than the woman is likely to weigh.  Baby steps, Isla, baby steps.  Remember, the spell that you used to kill the ghouls was mostly me showing you what is possible with enough power.  No, let's consider something a bit more physical than a levitate, but similar in effect.  I would recommend conjuring some sort of rope.  And conjuring materials is a different sort of spell entirely than creating light.  At your experience, you do not want to try to create large things because they will fall apart very quickly.  Even minor creations will not last long.  As you increase in experience, some smaller things can be permanent and you can make larger, temporary things, and so on.  As it is, your rope will last a number of minutes, so you will need to plan your use wisely or risk the person you are helping falling again.  Do you see what I am getting at?  There are fewer rules than your normal Astral magics have, but then more rules in some ways.  It can be confusing and only trial and error will show you the right way.  But more and more practice equals gaining experience in the craft and that means that you will be able to use more power and more powerful spells."

"But I am here only to advise and teach, not command.  Sometimes one learns the most by failing.  Just remember that a life might hang in the balance.  What do you desire to do?  If it is the rope, you will need to absorb a bit more power than you did for the light spell, so choose a slightly larger drop of power.  If you want to try something else, I will let you and we will see what happens."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <03-27-17/1453:16>
Okay before I grab the power, how do I get back to where I was and how do I get to this place again in the future?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <03-28-17/0233:28>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


"The getting back to the other plane is easy.  As long as you do not move from where you came through you will go back to where you came from.  Moving on this plane can be dangerous for someone not skilled in it, but it is yet another thing that is easier as you get stronger.  To get here, you just force an opening like you did this time and you can do that from almost anywhere.  For now, you can access all the power you need from wherever you come through.  Once you get more used to things, ask me to guide you along the paths to where the greater power lies and I will be happy to take you there and show you more of the mysteries of this place.  As for your second question, you can reach this place from anywhere on your plane.  it will not be the exact same location that you are sitting in now, but it will be somewhere on the plane of power.  Remember that for a while every time you come here will be painful and I must warn you that too many visits without spacing them apart can do odd things to your body.  Please do not come here more than a couple of times a day once we leave your initial training.  Come to see me if you think that you are ready to go more often so that I can evaluate your readiness.  This restriction does not apply while you are on the path with me."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-01-17/1335:11>
What is the mechanism for leaving here?  Do I just wish myself back?  Do I have to make another hole?  When I want to return how do I form the pinhole that you created for me?  Do I will it like the spell?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-03-17/1050:35>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods.  "Yes, it is just the reverse of how you got here.  You can create the small hole this time, though.  Just imagine it and then demand that the power open it for you.  Once you can see the small hole, then you can return to the path.  Again, it will hurt.  The pain is a reminder that nothing worth while should come free or easy or without pain.  It will make mastering it that much more satisfying.  When you are ready, grab and absorb the power and return to the path."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-05-17/2354:50>
Okay so that's fairly intuitive.  shirak.  I command time to slow again and reach for another droplet a bit larger than that last and focus on absorbing and containing the power.  Once I feel like I have enough control to keep it from slipping away I focus on the hole in space.  I demand that it widen for me and allow me to step forth into the "real" world.  I step to the edge of the pit and look into it to see what manner of creature I might be saving.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-06-17/0107:15>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Despite what Sian said, the pain does not seem any less this time than when you came through the other way. and your body feels like someone very large has been stomping all over you.  Holding the light out over the edge of the pit, you can see a bit down to where a shadowy form stands just at the very edge of what you can see.  The effect is to hide any features.  You also see that the walls of the pit are covered with sharp spikes.  The figure at the bottom of the pit holds up an arm and waves it at you.  "Thanks for the........wow, look at those spikes.  No wonder I got all cut up when I fell in.  So, can you get me out?"


Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-09-17/1730:52>
[spoiler]That's so weird I could swear I responded to this.  Sorry about the delay =(
Can I tell if the "person" is female or male or well anything else about them.[/spoiler]

I suppose I can try.  I envision the form being drawn towards me slowly but surely avoiding the jagged edges of the pits edges.  I will make sure to have a good look at this...(person?) before I bring them fully to the top.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-11-17/0140:12>
OOC:

I thought that you were going to create a rope to help lift the person up?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-11-17/1450:42>
[spoiler]OOC:  I thought you said that would be too difficult.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-12-17/0137:12>
OOC:

No, the levitation was too difficult.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-12-17/1111:17>
[spoiler]Ah, oops reading comprehension failure.  Sorry.[/spoiler]
 I envision the creation of a coil of rope.  Holding one end I toss the other down to the pit  I will make sure to have a good look at this...(person?) before I bring them fully to the top
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-13-17/0112:03>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The rope appears as you wish it to and you drop it over the lip of the pit.  "Hey, thanks.  I don't weigh too much, so you should be able to hold my weight.  I will need to be careful to avoid the spikes on the wall.  Here I come?"

The rope goes taut in your hands and you feel it move as the person below you begins to climb out of the pit.  Before long, the head and torso of a male Gnome appears in your light.  He stops about eight feet below the lip to rest a bit and look for the best way up through the wall spikes.  "OK.  I think I got a path worked out.  Coming up."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-13-17/0220:10>
So what brings you to this place?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-13-17/0946:15>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The gnome looks up at you as he contemplates the last couple of feet.  "Good question, actually.  There I was, just minding my own business when suddenly I find myself at the bottom of this pit.  Not really sure it isn't some sort of nightmare."  He gives you an eye.  "Although being rescued by you puts it somewhat closer to a dream."  He grunts a bit as he reaches the lip of the pit and pulls himself over.  He sits on the ground for a couple of minutes to catch his breath.  "So where are we and what are YOU doing here?  Besides rescuing me, I mean?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-13-17/2319:22>
Well as I understand it we are on the metaplanes and I'm on an astral quest that has so far led me here.  Of course now I'm not sure where to go,  I say glancing about for Sian.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-14-17/0017:55>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The gnome stands up and looks around.  He nods in the direction that you came.  "Since you are on this side of the pit, I would guess that you came from back that way so that must be the way out of here.  Not sure what this astral quest thing you are talking about is, but I suppose that it does not include going back that way.  You could use the roots here to support yourself and go past the pit.  Provided that is, that you intend to go on.  I do wish you the best of luck and thank you for rescuing me."  He reaches into a small pouch at his belt and pulls out a golden coin that he hands to you.  "Here.  This is about all I have to offer as a reward.  Good luck to you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-14-17/2212:21>
You are welcome, and thank you for the gift.  As he leaves I look around and call out Sian?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-15-17/0113:42>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


"I am always with you, Isla.  You but need to call and I will come to you.  The gnome is correct that you should be able to use the vines on the wall to get past the pit.  Please do not fall. "
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-15-17/0212:19>
How long will these objects I create with the droplets last?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-15-17/1225:12>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


"The light will last a while, as it is a created EFFECT.  It is possible to take a larger drop of power and make it a stronger light from the beginning, but you can also go get another small drop of power and use it to extend the spell.  You will know when the power is fading from the enchantment.  The rope is a created THING, so it will not last nearly as long.  You can use more power to extend its life, too, if you want.  There is a finite limit of power that you are capable of using and or maintaining at one time, but that amount is personal to you and you will have to learn your own limits."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-15-17/1314:38>
I toss the coin to the other side to free up my hands and gently tug on the vines to make sure they will hold my weight.  Then I gingerly pick my way across the chasm using the vines to cross.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-15-17/1530:30>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


As the coin hits the ground on the other side of the pit the air around where it fell begins to shimmer and an oval-shaped portal opens.  The far side of the portal is dead black.

"This is a one time use one-way portal.  You can focus on any place you have seen or been to and the portal will open there, allowing you to travel there instantly.  I would be careful with it, though, as it only has one use.  If you do not want to use it now, just pick the coin up.  It was intended as a reward for having got this far."

The vines do indeed support your weight and you cross the gap in the ground and find yourself on the far side of the pit, standing near the portal. 
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-16-17/1404:14>
Once on the other side I pick up the coin and continue into the cave. light held out in front of me, watching for any dangers along the path.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-16-17/1920:32>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The light allows you to walk through the cave with much greater ease and confidence.  Still, all good things come to an end and you get a tingle inside you that you at first do not understand, but it does happen at just the time that the light begins to sputter out.  Coincidence?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-16-17/2018:34>
I focus on forming the pinhole tear I saw before.  My breath strains small beads of sweat form on my brow as I concentrate on this new task.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-16-17/2321:03>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The effort to force the tear then the pain to go through it is just as you remembered, perhaps even a bit more painful, as the first time you did it.  You find yourself in a very familiar place.  There are enough minor differences in the terrain that you know that you are not in the exact same place, but you are definitely on the same plane, surrounded by the falling drops of power.  Sian is sitting in a cross-legged position, waiting for you.  "Well done, Isla.  I had hoped that you would try this on your own.  Tell me what you intend to do here."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-16-17/2335:22>
I...intend to recreate my light...and maybe... some clothes for a... bit,  I say panting from the exertion and pain.  This is turning out to be quite the workout... I can probably skip the gym today.  I beam over at Sian, clearly I'm just getting started.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-17-17/0916:46>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


"Very good.  I will just watch this time, but I will step in if I think that you are trying to take too much power.  After all, the idea is to teach you, not watch you die horribly."


Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-17-17/1105:11>
shirak,  I say watching the droplets slow to a crawl.  I find a drop a little larger than the one I used last but not much larger and grasp it in my hand.  I focus on the power and whisper for it to form into the heatless sun from the last time.  Once accomplished I gather another and use the power to weave into being a simple skirt t-shirt and light jacket.  I look to Sian for approval before willing myself to return and continue my journey.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-18-17/0947:55>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles.  "Very good, Isla.  Now, next time, I would like you to try to extend the spell rather than replace it.  You can use power to extend the duration of your spell.  The benefits to doing this is that it takes less power to extend than it does to start over.  You can also use power to make minor changes, such as in the colors or style of the clothes you just made.  Always remember that using less power is good, especially at your experience level.  Too much association with the power can easily lead to a dependence on it, which can lead to an addiction."

After painfully returning to the path you are able to use your light to navigate through the rest of the tunnel, finally emerging once again into the light of day, although it does seem to be getting darker.  Shortly after leaving the cavern, you come to a slightly wider spot in the path and Sian motions to you.  "Not all paths are meant to end in a single day, Isla.  We should consider finding a place to rest for the coming night.  WOuld this be satisfactory or would you like to push on a bit longer?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-18-17/2052:56>
I didn't get much notice before it ended.  I'll try to keep an eye on that.  I ponder a moment, No, I think I'm fine.  Have to get used to being fatigued from this stuff.  Let's press on for a bit longer.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-19-17/0102:55>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods.  "Yes, you need to be alert for the small signs.  It should feel somewhat like a tiny tickle at first and it will grow stronger over a short period of time until it is something quite noticeable.  But at that point, you have mere moments of spell power remaining.  Paying attention will allow you to know when a spell is nearing its end and so allow you to strengthen or extend it if you desire to.  You are missing a question, but I hope it comes to you in time."

She smiles at you when you decide to keep going.  "Pushing the limits?  That can be good or bad and only time will really tell.  Very well, let us proceed onward."

The cavern continues on, twisting and turning so that it is hard to tell what direction you might be heading.  The light certainly helps you avoid the rocks that jut out of the ground and would be trip hazards if you could not see them.  Likewise you are able to avoid the occasional rock slicing down out of the ceiling that might have left a large cut or bruise.  After a while of walking, you feel a very slight tingle inside you.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-19-17/2157:38>
I consider the length of time that the light was active.  Can I just periodically just feed it power?  Can I just keep shoving power into the light to make it last longer and longer or will it explode or something?

I wouldn't call it pushing my limits.  I think I'm far from my limits.  It's just a little fatigue is all.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-19-17/2333:01>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods.  "Yes, you can add additional power to the spell to keep it going.  The clothes as well.  For the clothes, you can even make changes to them when you add power to maintain it longer.  The type and scale of changes will depend on what you want to do.  Please note that you are limited in how much power you can have active at a time, based on your experience in controlling it.  You will have to find your limit on your own as it is not exactly the same for each person.  But you must remember that turning power off before it is completely used can hurt you, so be careful if you decide to just try to cancel a spell that is in place."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-20-17/0953:22>
Okay I'll try that in a bit.  Let's get moving, I say heading further into the cave.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-21-17/0932:24>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The cave just seems to go on for miles.  You find that the light is extremely helpful.  You begin to hear a faint sound, almost like music, echoing through the cave, getting louder as you advance.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-23-17/0256:32>
I listen closely as I get closer.  The louder it gets the more cautious my step become.  I search my memories for any recognizable melodies while keeping attentive for the telltale tingle.  I stop short.  I guess now is as good time a to recharge as any.  I concentrate on creating the pinpoint of light and squeeze over to the other plane.

I mop the sweat from my brow with my sleeve and call out, Okay Sian.  I think you are going to need to talk me through how to channel it into an existing form.  Is it basically the same thing as creating it?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-23-17/1416:21>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The music seems to be a lively, fast paced string instrumental.  You may have heard a similar piece but are not quite sure. 

Sian is waiting for you when you come through the hole and smiles at you.  "I promise that it does get better."  Her face takes on a pensive mien and she puts a finger to her lip.  "Unless, of course, it kills you first.  But I would not worry about whether or not you are part of the ninety-eight percent that die from this.  I have confidence in you."

She laughs at the look on your face then looks serious.  "Yes, the failure rate is extremely high.  Only a few are strong enough to live through the initiations.  You can turn back at any time and return to your other mentor, although she might be a bit upset with you for choosing this path.  Now, as to feeding more power into an existing spell.  Yes, it is very much like initiating the spell, but with a twist.  First of all, you have to be careful that you are not putting too much power into the spell, just like when you are creating it for the first time.  The procedure is simple; you just carefully add more power to it.  This must be done on the plane where the spell exists, so while you absorb the power here, you have to use it there."

At her encouraging nod, you slow the flow of the power drops and reach out to take one, feeling the now familiar warmth of the drop as you absorb it.  Gritting your teeth, you force your way back to the cave and try to use the power you have just absorbed to reinforce one of your spells..........................and realize that you have no way to tell which spell you are reinforcing.  Trying to mentally bring one up does not seem to work.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-24-17/0054:22>
I think about it a moment and attempt to split the stream between both spells and try to charge both at once.   You said I could do both is that not something that can happen?  I was under the impression I could pursue both lines of inquiry.  My mentor would disapprove?  She never seemed the type to disapprove of curbing your desires.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-24-17/0948:28>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian looks at you.  "I am not sure if you are talking about both spells or both forms of magic.  If spells, yes, you can reinforce both, but not in the manner you have cast them.  At this point, the magic and the power are all combined in one pot, so to speak, and it would be impossible for you to tell them apart or dictate which gets how much reinforcement.  At this point, you will have to wait until one spell fails then reinforce the remaining one and recast the other.  There is, however, a way to help you in future spells.  You can place the center of a spell at some part of your body.  I would recommend that you choose something that would be easy to remember, like your hand for the light spell and one side of your torso for the clothing, that sort of thing.  That way, you can choose which spell to reinforce.  It takes a small bit of extra power to do it that way, but it is so much more convenient."

"But if you were referring to the different magics, we might have had a misunderstanding.  It is indeed possible for you to cast both magics, but  you will never do full justice to either if you do not focus.  You may choose to be mediocre in both or be very good in one or the other.  Your mentor does not approve of you taking this path and I thought that was rather plain from what happened at the entrance.  If you desire, you now have the ability to return to the entrance and start again down the other path.  I would not stop you, nor would that choice make me respect you any less.  The path I am showing you is inherently much more dangerous than the other, especially if you desire to do additional initiations.  Like I said, ninety-eight percent of those who start down this path fail and most of those failures end in death.  I believe that you are strong enough to succeed, but I will not candy coat the risk to you."

"But the risk of death is not your only risk.  Another is that your current mentor may drop you if you continue down this path on future initiations and forego her magic, something that is sure to bring you pain and discomfort.  I would be her substitute, but you might feel that I would be a poor replacement.  It comes down to your choice, Isla.  If you wish, you may use the coin I gave you and return to the entrance, where you can mollify your mentor and take her path.  You have had a taste of my magic and the power it can give you and maybe that is enough for you.  I know it is not what you are used to and it might not be what you want.  I would strongly suggest that you return to that path if you have any doubts about me or this magic.  In any case, staying here is making a choice and sending her a message.  Again, if you back out, I will not think less of you.  I will be disappointed that another potential sorceress has left the path, but you will still be my friend and we can still work together.  Which path do you prefer to continue on?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <04-24-17/1022:31>
Well I am tired and this is a big question.  Perhaps camping for the time is what I should do and really think about this, while I'm resting.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <04-25-17/0939:27>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian nods and begins to move her arms in various patterns and the cave walls move away from you to form a wide spot on the path.  A cozy fire appears, bringing warmth and light, along with two smallish tents.  A closed picnic basket hamper sits just off to the side of the fire.  When done, she turns to you.  "Let us refresh ourselves with some food and drink then retire for a time.  The choice in front of you is not an easy one."

Sian walks over to the hamper and begins removing food and utensils from it.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-04-17/2024:52>
I sit down and relax a while watching Sian set out the makeshift picnic, pondering the choice before me.  After what seems a far longer time to myself than apparently passes a conversation happens at the speed of thought.  So what am I losing by exploring this path?  At this point nothing really.  I will have to mollify Seductress but likely I will need to regardless and I'm already working towards that.  It's not like this isn't something she can't understand. 

That being said do I really want to go down this path with so little information.  Dipping my toe in to explore this power but focusing on the regular magic that I more fully understand is one way to go with it.  Also spreading myself between them and not mastering either without succumbing to age long before or simply going full tilt into this new magic consequences be damned.  The first is the safest, the second is the most interesting but unfulfilling and the third is insanity.  Ah well it's not like I have to decide this second.

What is this?  If I eat it do I have to stay here forever?
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-05-17/0247:36>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian actually snorts at your question and hands you what appears to be a plate containing some fried chicken and other sides, the aroma of which is more than enough to set your stomach to growling.  "That is good, Isla.  No, it is just food.  I am not here to force you to stay or to make any particular choice.  I am here to show you an alternative to what you already know how to do.  it is something new and different and dangerous and it can fulfill your every desire and fantasy you ever had about becoming a wondrously powerful sorceress.  This choice is clearly not for the weak of mind or spirit and you have to really want it if you are going to do well.  I would never have dared to show you this path and open your eyes to the wonders of real power unless I thought you ready to learn and strong enough to survive what I will show you."

"You are not the first person I have brought on this trip and you will probably not be the last.  Most of the others have died here and their bones litter this path or the plane of power.  Some few, a very few, succeed and become powerful sorcerers.  I believe that you have the potential to do that.  And, because this is not my first rodeo here, I know some of the thoughts running through your head.  I am sure that you are already contemplating trying to learn both magics and I can tell you that is possible.  But it is not possible for a mortal to do both and do well at both because you simply do not have the span of life to do that.  In any case, you do not have to decide this instant, so please enjoy the meal and then get some rest."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-07-17/2246:46>
Hmm, soul food eh?

That's the gist of it I suppose, I say, then take a bite of chicken chewing thoughtfully.  I may not be doing more than dipping my toes into this until I know more about it, but I am interested in knowing more about it.  That will probably be more trial and error.  Feel free to offer up any advice though.

I dig in a bit more vigorously and eat and rest leaning against the wall of the cavern.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-09-17/0145:37>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian laughs.  "My next bit of advice is a bit prosaic.  I made you a nice tent with a cot and sleeping bag should you choose to use them.  I am sure that you would find them more comfortable than the ground here.  I know that I will."  She stands and puts the picnic thinks back in the hamper and carries it over to her tent.  She turns around to look at you.  "I hope that you sleep well.  I will see you in a bit."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-16-17/1849:54>
With the ghouls earlier and sneaking my way through a tunnel I am too close to memories of my time hiding from them in the barrens.  I use the sleeping bag but find a place to put my back in a corner and sleep sitting up ready to wake at the slightest sound.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-17-17/0235:27>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


you waken to something shaking your foot.  Opening your eyes, you see that Sian is poking you with a stick she must have pulled from the cave wall.  You see that she is kneeling in front  of a small fire and can smell food cooking.  Sian holds out a steaming mug of something.  "Here, take this.  Not the best, I admit, but good enough.  Dress yourself and come over so we can talk and eat."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-18-17/1001:00>
I start awake at the touch but quickly remember where I am.  I stand up and stretch the stiffness out of my muscles from sitting up while sleeping and gratefully accept the warm mug.  After a few moments of wakefulness and some caffeine I concentrate on punching a hole into the other plane and squeeze through.

Shirak, I say slowing the rain and focusing on a slightly larger droplet than last time.  I will some clothes into existence and then repeat for a light source.  I return and sit with Sian ready for another lesson.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-19-17/0049:44>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


The power feels very good as it courses through your system.  Returning to the path, you cast your spells and now have clothes to wear and light to see by.  Sian holds out a refilled mug to you and smiles.  "Very nice, Ilsa, very nice indeed.  You are coming along just fine.  There is little more that I can teach you on this first time on the path, but we are not quite finished yet."  She hands you a plate of food.  "Here, eat something.  It will make you feel better.  While we eat, can you tell me what you have learned?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-19-17/1010:01>
I accept the mug gratefully and munch thoughtfully while I consider her words.  Well these are supposed to teach us something about ourselves and magic.  so as far as the magic goes I've learned quite a bit.  how to access the other plane.  Does it have a name by the way?  How to control the magic there and use it to create things.  Apparently it's easier to create things rather than channel the power into actual spells like levitate, though that is the only one I've tried.  Also I learned how to tell when things begin to fade and how to refresh it.

As for myself, I think maybe I've known this all along, monsters are just peoples perceptions.  Those people I saved saw me as much of a monster as the ghouls I saved them from.  I do not see you or Glinda as monsters because I can identify with you and ghouls are monsters because of my perceptions of them.  That's okay though, I'm fine being the monster.  I don't help people because I want their adoration.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-20-17/0502:41>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian smiles again.  "True power does not need a name.  You know where it is and how to get to it and that is all there is to know.  You have learned that you can access the plane and use the power there.  The levitate spell is a bit advanced, but you should be able to use it before long, if you keep practicing and return to the path for more instruction.  As for yourself, you have learned a valuable lesson.  Yes, those people considered you as much a monster as the ghouls, but most of that is because they feared you because of the way you saved them.  It is good to learn that people fear what they do not understand, even if it is helping them."

She finishes her food and puts the plate and silverware back in the hamper.  "Do you have any last questions before I send you back to your plane?"
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-20-17/1609:31>
Are we not continuing?  I thought there was more for me to see.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-21-17/1726:04>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian cocks her head to one side and gives you a look before she nods her head.  "Alright, if you want to go on.  Yes, there is more to teach you, or at least more for you to learn about yourself.  I will warn you, though, that  the farther you go down this path, the more you will probably want to return to it.  That would cause you problems with your current mentor, so choose wisely.  You should stop here if you are uncertain and you should press on if you are ready to make that decision.  As in almost everything, the choice is up to you."
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Ennui on <05-22-17/1014:24>
My choice for now is  to follow both paths.  I realize that I will never master both but I may decide to specialize further down the road once I understand the difference between them.
Title: Re: Tangled Currents - Lizzie
Post by: Mercy Merchant on <05-23-17/0106:16>
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian looks at you for a few seconds then nods her head.  "It is your choice.  I cannot hide that I had hoped you would choose differently.  Still, it is what it is.  Your destiny is always in your hands and you should never believe anything different."  She waves her hand and the tents, hamper, and fire all disappear, leaving you with the light of your spell.  Standing, she motions to the path.  "After you."