Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <04-12-16/1246:09> »
Where do MMGs fit in? :)

adzling

« Reply #121 on: <04-12-16/1407:59> »
gah!!!!

I dunnno, same a LMGs?
Is their damage code /performance closer to LMGs or HMGs?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #122 on: <04-12-16/1510:28> »
Depends on the weapon. This is one of the few classes of weapons that varies a lot (kinda like heavy pistols).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <04-12-16/1542:45> »
Really? I thought there were only a handful of MMGs, and they all fit pretty much in between LMGs and HMGs with +/- 1DV and AP. I'd have to check the books to be sure though.

ETA:
Most LMGs are 9DV, -2 AP with the exception of the Vindicator which is -4 AP and the Krime Wave which is 10DV.

MMGs range from 10DV and -2AP through 11DV and -3 AP; there are only three of them, so it's a pretty short list.

HMGs are all -4 AP and two are 12DV while one is only 11DV.

If I was going to even further simplify Light, Medium, and Heavy MGs it'd make them 9/11/12DV and -2/3/4 AP.

Considering the strength requirement of an HMG, it's not exactly something you'll see every day.
« Last Edit: <04-12-16/1605:38> by Herr Brackhaus »

Adamo1618

« Reply #124 on: <04-12-16/1706:12> »
Using concealability as a base for the modifiers doesn't seem too off to me. The larger weapons are kinda lumped together, leaving some room for estimation. Brackhaus' categorization is really good, I like it.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #125 on: <04-13-16/0804:56> »
@Herr Brackhaus maybe I was thinking LMGs. Oh, I stand corrected.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Hache

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <04-15-16/0655:12> »
What do you think of the Shiawase Arms Monsoon on a drone ? It allows to load different type of bullets to handle different situations, and with 120 rounds you should be able to finish a fight without reloading.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #127 on: <04-15-16/1012:41> »
On drones, it is not bad, unless some GM forces some odd interpretation of how much ammo the drone can carry. Only issue is if you for whatever reason need more ammo than 120 rounds, then reloading can be a pain.

Club

• Newb
« Reply #128 on: <05-04-16/0010:35> »
Best AR for what?

If you want something to put on a smart platform and guard your decker, I'd say the Monsoon with a smart safety. Good firepower, and you won't have to reload it for a while.

Before smartsoft  and pilot increases, the best weapon for drones was the -97 or -98. Now I'm less sure; still thinking it over.

if you want a smartlinked AR without an under-barrel weapon, again the monsoon. The Raiden is better, but also harder to get, and not chargen legal

If you want the best AR out there, the Alpha is the undisputed Cadillac. It's also expensive, hard to get your hands on, and forbidden. If you took the firearms group (And have longarms/shotgun but not heavy weapons/grenade-launcher) the Nissan optimum might be a better, if softer-hitting, option.

The best supressive bang for buck on a straight AR, is probably the AK-97.  If you don't mind your weapon being forbidden, the AK-98 adds a grenade launcher for only Y300.

The M23 makes a good barter item, or something cheap to put in an emergency stash.

If you just need a lot of bullets to reduce that adept's defense pool, the HVAR is the way to go, despite how weak it is per bullet.

Best restricted is a tossup between AK-97 or FN HAR. If not using erratta (And not desiring aurofire,) the rainforest was king in this slot.

Of course, all this depends on the user being strong enough to control bursts. on a normal-ish human, you may be better off with the longarm skill and a sporting rifle or shotgun.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <05-04-16/0623:24> »
The HVAR was the best in terms of number of bullets, but it's special rules didn't make it into SR5 and as such it is now just a mediocre and overpriced AR.

Club

• Newb
« Reply #130 on: <05-04-16/0727:56> »
It's still got the best RC, and therefore can pump the most bullets before dice penalties.

That's stock, of course. If you're adding after-market, all my advice goes out the window.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #131 on: <05-05-16/0551:40> »
The HVAR was the best in terms of number of bullets, but it's special rules didn't make it into SR5 and as such it is now just a mediocre and overpriced AR.

They actually got added to the German Run&Gun.
Will post them later when I'm back home.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <05-05-16/0745:43> »
Nice! Thanks, Duellist. I'm very curious to see how the German writers converted the 4th Edition rules.

Can you check if the minigun got special rules too, please?

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #133 on: <05-05-16/0753:49> »
I can already tell you from the top of my head that the Vindicator also, got special rules.
Will also post them when I'm back.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <05-05-16/0838:36> »
I can help you out:
Kreuzfeuer p.37
"Hochgeschwindigkeitswaffen
Optionale Regel: Hochgeschwindkeitswaffen wie das Ares HVAR haben eine sehr hohe Kadenz und verwenden speziell entwickelte Läufe und Munition, um eine Überhitzung zu vermeiden. Im Salvenmodus feuern Hochgeschwindigkeitswaffen 4 Kugeln pro Salve ab (Also 8 Kugeln bei einer Langen Salve). Im vollautomatischen Modus feuern sie 9 Kugeln mit einer Einfachen Handlung oder 12 Kugeln mit einer Komplexen Handlung ab. Die Rückstoß und Verteidiungsmodifikatoren werden entsprechend angepasst (-3 für Salvenmodus, -7 für Lange Salven und automatisches Feuern mit 8 Kugeln, -11 für automatisches Feuern mit 12 Kugeln). Die Regen für Sperrfeuer bleiben unverändert."

In essence this means: HVAR fire 4 instead of 3 bullets in a short salvo, 8 instead of 6 for a long salvo and 12 instead of 10 for FA. The defense mods and recoil are accordingly -3, - 7 and -11.

p.42
"Miniguns
Optionale Regel: Miniguns verfügen über mehrere rotierende Läufe, mit denen sie atemberaubende Kadenzen erreichen können. Miniguns können nur im vollautomatischen Modus feuern, in dem sie 15 statt der üblichen 10 Kugeln abfeuern. Rückstoß- und Verteidigungsmodifikatoren betragen jeweils -14. Wenn eine MInigun für Sperrfeuer verwendet wird, feuert sie 30 statt der üblichen 20 Kugeln ab. DIe Regeln für Sperrfeuer ändern sich nicht, abgesehen davon, dass ein Charakter, der vom Sperrfeuer einer Minigun getroffen wird, den 1,5-fachen Grundschaden der Waffe (aufgerunded) erleidet."

In short: Miniguns have a FA burst with 15 instead of 10 bullets causing -14 recoil and -14 to defense. Suppressive fire works as normal but causes 1.5x damage with a hit.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex