NEWS

Best Assault Rifle

• 139 Replies

adzling

« Reply #105 on: <04-09-16/1145:06> »
we have a houserule that the longer your gun the more negative penalties you face in close combat/ tight spaces.

pistols & machine pistols 0

SMGs -1

assault rifles & shotguns -2

Sniper Rifles & LMGs -3

HMGs -4

Reduce the mod by 1 if you shorten the barrel and/or remove the stock.

adzling

« Reply #106 on: <04-09-16/1400:01> »
here's a few more from our realm

adzling

« Reply #107 on: <04-09-16/1402:40> »
mp

adzling

« Reply #108 on: <04-09-16/1403:11> »
hi-ds rounds

_F00L

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <04-09-16/1834:03> »
The Yamaha Raiden is the "Oooh, shiiiiiny" gun that I look at and think, "I bet that's like driving a Porsche," and then I look at the AK-97 and I'm like, "ya know, even if I throw a few add ons I don't feel bad if you break or I lose you because you're so damn easy to replace," and honestly I've had the AK do some work for me on runs. Went on a solo mission for some extra nuyen where I had to steal a Chinese sword from a cargo crate in a warehouse. The run went fine but when I met up with my Johnson for the delivery I got ambushed by a few trolls toting automatic weapons. Let's just say I had a feeling I'd be needing to wear my brown pants that day. So I get myself into a good spot, steady myself, and then yell "ROCK AND ROLL!!" as I fire full auto into each troll, one by one, snuffing each one of them out. I was so mad I didnt get paid that day, but at least the sword was magical and possibly dated back a couple thousand years.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #110 on: <04-11-16/0219:28> »
All I am going to say is,

"There is a reason why a 70 year old gun is still the most popular weapon in the world"
...if you're talking about the AK, yes, they're simple, cheap, a lot of them were made, and they are very rugged (bury one in the sand for ten years, dig it up and it will still shoot).  One can also mod the daylights out of one.

Also they don't draw as much attention from the Star or Knight  like one of those "shiny" Alphas or Raidens will.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #111 on: <04-11-16/1442:55> »

Have some issues with these two.

For the Big Dog, I would rather just carry a Warhawk, unless this also can use chock mods like normal shotguns or the Roomsweaper.

As for the underbarrel shotgun, all shotguns have base AP -1 when using slugs, why is this one worse?

As for your MP, finally a competitor with the Remington Suppressor. Less base ACC and DV, but it has all three firing mods, which the Remington Suppressor does not.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

adzling

« Reply #112 on: <04-11-16/2025:51> »
Interesting points...
The Big Dog is for a Troll sized metahuman and fires shotgun type shells (flechette).
If the Roomsweeper has one then no reason the Big Dawg shouldn't
But having said that this weapon is as much about cool as anything else.

Good point ill up the ap.

Ill have a look at the Remington Supressor.

cheers for the input.

Have some issues with these two.

For the Big Dog, I would rather just carry a Warhawk, unless this also can use chock mods like normal shotguns or the Roomsweaper.

As for the underbarrel shotgun, all shotguns have base AP -1 when using slugs, why is this one worse?

As for your MP, finally a competitor with the Remington Suppressor. Less base ACC and DV, but it has all three firing mods, which the Remington Suppressor does not.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <04-11-16/2037:47> »
we have a houserule that the longer your gun the more negative penalties you face in close combat/ tight spaces.

pistols & machine pistols 0

SMGs -1

assault rifles & shotguns -2

Sniper Rifles & LMGs -3

HMGs -4

Reduce the mod by 1 if you shorten the barrel and/or remove the stock.

Out of curiosity, where do carbines fit in here?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #114 on: <04-11-16/2059:59> »
Remington Suppressor is in Gun H(e)aven 3. Otherwise, no problem, glad to be of help.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #115 on: <04-11-16/2101:35> »
I would say in the AR and shotgun category.

Carbines, while smaller and lighter then a full rifle, are still (generally) bigger then a SMG....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

adzling

« Reply #116 on: <04-11-16/2114:14> »
hadn't considered tbh kincaide, Reaver sounds right though.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <04-12-16/0859:55> »
Yeah, that certainly makes sense.  I've been fiddling with a similar house rule since (and I admit I am occasionally guilty of this in SRM) having people clear tight spaces with M110s (or EBRs) seems...well, just too weird...and I'd love to find some way to make carbines attractive for their actual purpose.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

adzling

« Reply #118 on: <04-12-16/1000:22> »
fyi after some debate changed the mods this past weekend.

Pistols, Machine Pistols & SMGs: 0
ARs, Shotguns (& Carbines): -1
Sniper Rifles and LMGs -2
HMGs -3

removing the SMG penalty gives you a slight reason to use an SMG.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #119 on: <04-12-16/1055:33> »
I like the new penalties you just did/reworked. If I ever run a game, I'm so using these.