NEWS

insect spirits why are they bad?

• 202 Replies

TheVanguard

• Newb
« Reply #195 on: <07-23-12/1620:50> »
Well, I describe stuff like this as "this person's aura seems to be damaged in some way", but without the tell-tale signs of cyberware, Aura Deficiency Syndrome or something like that, it would not be obvious to my players whether the damage was caused by Essence Drain, heavy substance abuse or anything else. I tend to avoid the term "Essence" in in-universe speak as far as possible.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #196 on: <07-23-12/1700:23> »
You know...you even need sucesfull Asensing test to recognize that character has Cyberware. It is not aparent on the first glance.

TheVanguard

• Newb
« Reply #197 on: <07-23-12/1714:18> »
Yes, I do know that. I was refering to what you can glean from an aura through assensing, as per the table on pg. 191 SR4A. If a player achives enough hits to measure the target's Essence, I'd drop some hints that the aura does not look well if that would be the case. ADS is already obvious with 1 hit, though.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #198 on: <07-23-12/1928:49> »
In Another Rainy Night, I make reference a time or two to the "psychic energy in a person's aura" when referring in-universe to vampire chow, if that helps any.

Good read.  Highly recommend this book.  Firm favourite on my eBooks on my Ipad.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #199 on: <07-30-12/0922:21> »
It's worth remembering that karma has an in-universe existence as something you can give to free spirits.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #200 on: <07-30-12/1726:48> »
It's worth remembering that karma has an in-universe existence as something you can give to free spirits.
But what does karma mean in the setting.  Are you signing over your 'potential'? Or is it like something else?
Perception molds reality

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #201 on: <07-30-12/2009:00> »
Why would they not just use those terms? We do.
We reference the "Essence" of life and building up good "karma" all the time IRL. why make up things when the game terms work just fine.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Black

• Ace Runner
« Reply #202 on: <07-30-12/2046:23> »
For some reason, I don't know how phased someone would be if the Spirit offered power in exchange for 'karma', most people would go 'sure'.

It would only be later that the deal maker would notice that their 'skills' etc aren't improving no matter how had they train (or they improve slower, which might not be noticable at all).

In the game universe, I don't think people would notice losing karma very much.

Unless mages have a more detailed understanding of karma?
Perception molds reality