NEWS

2 DM's, 1 Campaign

• 4 Replies

Sugar

• Newb
« on: <10-07-11/0056:54> »
I had an idea for a Shadowrunner. I wanted to run by people for mechanical issues as well as game play.
It would basically be used if 2 people wanted to take turns DM'ing the same campaign. You could have a PC with multiple personality disorder. You would use the same stats, but would refer to different skill sets. I like the idea of one being awakened and the other mundane, or one a techno and the other not have access. But he would have 3 personalities, the 2pcs and an NPC. The NPC would probably not be a shadowrunner. Knows about the others, but probably doesn't have any runner skills and just wants his life back, or may minorly collaborate...but be bad at it. The other two would be the two pcs sharing him. They could play whatever class they want, contrary to what the other played. Both would be runners that work with the same team. But you could walk into a mission with a physical adept and walk out with a locksmith. It makes for pretty fun roleplaying possibilities. Not to mention debriefing the other one who pops in midstream clueless.
 Also, Is there a procedure you can get to make you not have to sleep (as long or at all). I was thinking the split personality guy may think he is having bouts of narcolepsy or what have you, so he gets that to help him stay awake, only to realize he wasn't involuntarily sleeping at all.
 I thought this idea would be good if, say you had 2 people wanting to game, but were the usual DM's and you both wanted to play and the rest of the group did too, but didn't want to split up to two seperate campaigns. The two DM's could play the same character, but 2 different runner personalities, in the same body, both "on the team". You could run a mission and DM2 could play Tony the combat mage. Any session DM2 doesn't make it, Mike the core personality wakes up and just wants to go home, after you guys go thru a run, DM1 could play as Jerry the gun expert. If DM2 is midstream DMing and cant play one weekend everyone else can, DM1 could run a side adventure and have Mike take over again. It was a concept I had to allow for 2 dm's of the same campaign. What do you think?
When you do what you love, you never work a day in your life.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-07-11/0153:54> »
Step 1: DM A makes a character.

Step 2: DM B makes a Free Spirit.

Step 3: DM A's character takes the Spirit Pact quality.

Step 4: They both agree on Dream Pact.

Step 5: Homebrew a negative quality called Narcolepsy.

Step 6: ?????

Step 7: Profit.

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-07-11/0251:38> »

Best. Thing. Evar.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-07-11/0316:48> »

I like that +1.  Might just have to use something like that.
Living the Electronic Dream

Valnar

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-07-11/0427:50> »
Maybe these (as of yet untested) house rules I made will be of use to you. You'll probably have to change some things up to make them work the way you want, but maybe they'll provide some inspiration:
Here you go.