Shadowrun General > The Secret History

HMHVV

(1/6) > >>

bobo69:
If a human vampire tried to embrace a metahuman, would that said Metahuman turn into a vampire or its metahuman equivalent(eg. Ork= Wendigo, Elf= Banshee etc.)?

I think there are probably more strains of HMHVV out there as the strain keeps mutating(either naturally or through human(corporate) genetic interference):

Example:

Werewolf: Basically a genetically modified HMHVV II Ghilani strain(Loup Garou). Victim permanently turns into a 7-8 foot tall Man wolf beast. Transmitted by blood or sexual contact(yes the disease gets turned into a sexually transmitted virus(read the novel Ravenous and Bestial by Ray Garton for inspration)

The disease effectively destroys human cognizance and the victim thinks like a ravenous animal whose only drive is to eat(it is constantly hungry) and to procreate(spread the virus sexually). So far it only affects humans. The werewolf is allergic to silver(severe).  As well as the weaknesses of the Loup Garou.

bobo69:
Oh yeah, victm is rendered sterile but also gains regeneration.

FastJack:
From Running Wild, p 57:

--- Quote ---HMHVV I: Ghilani vrykolakiviridae
Isolated 2034 by Dr. Emil Harz and Dr. Carla Greenbaum
• Dwarves become goblins
• Elves become banshees
• Humans become vampires
• Orks become wendigos
• Trolls become dzoo-noo-qua
HMHVV Ia: Ghilani vrykolakiviridae sanguisuga
Isolated 2046 by Dr. Wilhelm Bruckner and Dr. Günther Langer
• Humans become nosferatu
HMHVV II: Ghilani moneriviridae
Isolated 2039 by Dr. John Russell Jarka and Dr. Michelle Criscione
• Dwarves become gnawers
• Elves become harvesters
• Humans become loup-garous
• Orks become grendels
• Sasquatches become bandersnatchii
• Trolls become fomóraig
HMHVV III: Ghilani wichtiviridae
Isolated 2051 by Dr. Jeffrey Krieger
• All metahumans become ghouls
--- End quote ---

Longshot23:
There was a PC Bat shaman in the game I played in who had warm fuzzies for vampires and ghouls (and Ares, and Lofwyr, and . . . ).  It was all part of her backstory.  She was shocked and aghast (no pun intended) at the number of people who were willing to kill vamps and ghouls on 'general principles'.  My suggestion was that the vamps & ghouls she knew were . . . different . . . from what the world knew.  Basically, no HMHVV.  Both the player and the GM went for it.
 But jeez, it would have created major problems in the wider SR world.

Pepsi Jedi:
Running Wild has a full chapter on this with some pretty detailed rules/results, written in character, if memory serves. It's a pretty nice book. I like the old Paranormal Guide to NA but Running wild is pretty good. I recommend it. Pick it up on PDF if you don't wanna spring full out for Dead Tree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version