NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Parliament of Thieves (concluded)

• 141 Replies

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <01-16-11/1611:01> »
Eight-Stone grinned amiably as he accepted Stryker's handshake, flashing the row of yellowish teeth lurking behind his pearly-white tusks. Eight-Stone didn't work with magicians often. All Eight-Stone really knew about magic he learned from Combat Mage Karl, so he tended to assume that all magicians were total badasses until they proved otherwise.

"Yeah, I got a mic," Eight-Stone answered subvocally as Cursor finished patching him in. "I'm afraid I've only got a license for the shotty, though. The rest is all bought and paid for, but my registration information is... you know. In fuckin' transmit, or something." Once out of sight of any patrons, Eight-Stone unzips the duffel bag o' death slightly, revealing its contents to the team. It isn't as full as it appears; most of the awkward bulges are from a combat axe that Eight-Stone had somehow managed to cram in there. There's also a Remington shotgun and a fair bit of ammo, including EX-Explosive slugs. "I've also got five grenades," Eight-Stone adds, bumping his fist against his chest. "Frags and flashbangs."

Eight-Stone announced this all very grmily. He wanted his new teammates to know that whatever they were delivering, it was something that Mr. Johnson saw fit to hire a heavily-armed troll mercenary to protect. "Needless to say... I expect trouble. Call it a hunch. But if you can all help me get through the borders with this junk, I'll watch your backs when the time comes. You know, scratch my back, and I'll make sure nobody scratches yours."
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #31 on: <01-16-11/1622:54> »
It is Stalker then.

You've packed into standard GMC Bulldog Step-Van painted as Stick & Stuff Vending Machines company, filling the three front seats (Mata at the driver seat, Stryker in the middle and Cursor at the right window. Eight-stone filled the cargo along with his bag and elf's bike. Cursor replaced the original autopilot (rating 1) with his own (rating 4).  

Quick call to Stalker, confirms, that he is readily available and agrees to meet you at Sloan Lake Park (15 minutes ride from Denim).

Somewhere, Across the “C”.

The time now is 4:55 pm.

Stalker stands at 1.9M. Sports cybereyes, katana and receding hairline, over lined coat. It’s pretty obvious that he’s a retired street samurai. He looks to be early middle-aged.

All right kids, whatch ya got, credstick or goods. Mata Tabi silently gives him note from Mr. Johnson. Oh crap, notch again. Stalker certainly isn't happy. I'd prob'ly birth a granade before Koshari pay a yen.

All right, whatch ya smugglin'. Gotta know - greater risk more yens. - with that he open the van cargo space.
Oh fuck! - - His cybereyes almost popped out when the Eight-stones face appeared from within. - Jesus !!!, you could've warned me. I'm not that young anymore. Back in my days, people had the politeness to tell people things like that. Fuck.  

Ok. Just in case you don't understand. The boundary between the PCC and CAS is two blocks away. It is a 50 meter no-man’s-land, bordered by fences on either side, with security from the respective nations patrolling regularly just inside of their respective fences. PCC uses 6m concrete wall topped by razor-wire or mono-wire and drones on patrol. CAS uses 10 m chain-linked fence and guards with dogs. This are only to call for strike teams, which can be real pain in the ass, but that depend on luck really.

We are going under. There are old Aztlean tunnels here. Be quiet in there. No shooting, no granades. Clear? If everything goes well we'll be out in 20 minutes in Cheeseman Park in CAS.

With that he grabs the left door and signals you to drive. to the building looking like an old bunker. Rusty doors give way to the iron ramp leading down. Before you go further Stalkers closes the door, unsheathes katana and signals you drive on.  

Hey, kiddo Stalker turns his attention to Stryker aren't you too young for this? Going around with nogood punks for nogood druggers? Shouldn't you be doing shoppin for your mamma like a good sonny?

Tunnels are turning often, and you never see mroe then 50 meters ahead. the walls are murky, light is dim, and the sound of engine, succesfully kills any sounds.

You see that painings. He pointed as you slowly drive your van. Back in my days, I knew a smartass babe, she said these are Aztec. And that the Aztlaners are hiding here on PCC territory.

You have already passed several crossings, Stalker without doubts point you with your katana where to go.

Usually everything goes fine, kids, nobody gets hurt, so don't worry...

(OOC: please roll Intuition + Perception - 4 dice)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: <01-16-11/1627:38> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <01-16-11/1641:23> »
Eight-Stone nodded his agreement with the provisions against shooting and grenades. Once back inside the van, he got his axe out and kept it at ready. Yes... battle axes were about as incognito as Eight-Stone got. For the rest of the ride, he kept quiet and tried to listen for anything unusual.

(OOC: Roll... no chances of success, I know, but just to get used to the dice roller and the game system:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2843555/)
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #33 on: <01-16-11/1719:45> »
Stryker laughs at the oldtimer. "I was probably vat-grown, old man. I don't even care." He stretches his arms without disturbing anyone's personal space, and then starts doing magic. He moves his arms and hands in wavy patterns, murmuring and singing in tones that remind his companions of flowing water. Then he suddenly finishes his mumbling and waving, which seems to have a visible effect - a slight glow around his body. And one medkit use later he pats Cursor on the shoulder.
"Can you record all those neat paintings for me? They look interesting. I have to leave my meat for a while, and scout ahead of you. Won't be comfy, but we need that, believe me." Then he goes limp, curling into a fetal ball on the seat, to hide himself just in case. His Astral body breaks free from the bonds of flesh, and leaps ahead of them, in quick jumps covering some distance ahead and back, to scout the way. He also takes a moment to look at their guides aura, looking for any obvious signs of foul-play. He's still wary not to touch the walls of the tunnel - he's not sure if they're just normal murals, and his astral senses don't seem to work so well at the moment. He sighs, and a shimmering cloud of sparks leaves his astral mouth. His flowing, glowy form touches the ground, sending a ripple through it. The ground shakes a little, and an angry rumble attacks his form. The spirit doesn't seem happy, and he doesn't want to be disturbed...
Back in the van a trickle of blood flows from Stryker's nose, as his body shudders.
"Something is wrong. The Earth is restless here..." In a blink of an aye he appears in the van as a glowing shade of himself, and whispers in soft tones. "The Earth Spirits are angry here. Something must've disturbed them. Be wary... Oh, and slap a green patch from my backpack pockets on my neck, could you?"

{Health: 0 / 10P and 5 / 9S damage, -1 Wound penalty, no Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 3 / 3}
{Defense: 5; Initiative: 10; IP's: 3} | {Ballistic Armor: 6+3=9; Impact Armor: 4+2+3=9} | {Sustained spells: Increase Reflexes F3, on Focus, Armor F3 on Focus.}
« Last Edit: <01-16-11/1736:44> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-16-11/1812:23> »
Mata Tabi listens to the old man and wonders to himself if the Johnson is in the habit of not paying, seems the case from the coyote's experience. Mata drives slowly as directed, placing a marker on his commlink to remember the coordinates of the tunnel entrance.

"Usually? and what happens when its unusual?"

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <01-16-11/2047:13> »
Eight-Stone blinks in alarm at Stryker's glowing form. After staring slack-jawed for a moment, Eight-Stone does as he asks, applying the slap patch to Stryker's body.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-16-11/2048:34> »
Cursor uses his BBB to record what his image link sees on the walls, not sure what he's looking at and after jumping at the styker-spectre, "Isn't the park haunted? Could we end up magically in over our heads?"

(OOC: Straight Perception: Perception(1)+Intuition(5)-4 (2d6.hits(5)=0)
         If it's audio or visual though
        Visual Enhance: Visual Enhance R.3 (3d6.hits(5)=2)
        Audio Enhance: Audio Enhance R.3 (3d6.hits(5)=1)
        If it wasnt Audio or Visual 0 hits
        If it was visual 2 hits, if it was Audial 1 hit, if both 3 hits.)

Cursor was looking around a lot, in case he'd spot anything in AR that they might miss.

(OOC: Cursor threads scan: Software(3)+Resonance(5)+Analytical Mind(2) (10d6.hits(5)=5)  Discarding 3 hits to make it rating 5.
          2S Fading: 10d6.hits(5)=3 (forgot to put Resonace(5)+Willpwoer(5)) Resisted.)

"I'm gonna need to concentrate here guys, no one bug me for a bit while i look for tech in the area." He let his persona's sharp eyesight pierce through the matrix, seeking anything hidden.

(OOC:
You may instead make a general search for Hidden nodes that
are within mutual Signal range. In this case, the test is an Electronic
Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test, rather than a
Complex Action.
         Looking for any Hidden nodes in Mutual signal range, I am Signal 3 But my BBB is slaved to me and is signal 5, honestly dont know where to look to see if it can help.
          Roll 1: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5) =3)
          Roll 2: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5)=4)
          Roll 3: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5)=1)
          Roll 4: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
          Roll 5: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
          Roll 6: Scan(5)+Elec. Warfare(3) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
          It takes Cursor 18 seconds to set up the full scan.)

"By Shooter that seemed harder then it was."

{Health: 0 / 10P and 0 / 11S damage, no Wound penalty, -2 Sustaining Scan(5) penalty} | {Edge: 2/ 2}
« Last Edit: <01-16-11/2052:41> by Chrona »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-17-11/0627:52> »
"I'm not picking up anything but generl spookiness, thats the scientific term be-tee-dubble-u"

Cursor checks the time. "We should hurry up guys, times getting on."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #38 on: <01-17-11/0756:43> »
Stryker still moves in small jumps, like he's skipping on a sidewalk. It's slow. Unnervingly slow for an astral wanderer, and the Manastreams around, though strange and alien, still beckon him to follow them. He takes in a moment of unnatural bliss that sends darkened ripples through his aura that mark the stim patch  drugs working their way through his body. He closes his astral eyes, unsheathes the sword at his back, and gets ready for trouble.
His eyes wander along the walls, looking for a pattern, or aura in their bleak shadowforms. He concentrates, feeling for a second the strain his weakened aura transfered to his body...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #39 on: <01-17-11/1432:05> »
Stryker laughs at the oldtimer. "I was probably vat-grown, old man. I don't even care."

Yeah, in my days, I've been like you kiddo. Didn't care. But at least I knew who I work for, and where I am heading.

"Usually? and what happens when its unusual?"

Unusual? Those Aztleaners. I've never met them, but I've seen marks, when I know I wasn't here, which weren't there earlier. And I've met once a pair of bloodied kiddos. They were what left from eight of them. Had the idea to look for some cool hideout for their gang. I am not really sure, could've been some other gang. And of course there is Harry, a ghost haunting Cheeseman Park, he likes to pull people into dirt, sometimes head down.

Stalker hushed you for a moment, but a moment later resumed

But not today kids. Today is our lucky day. Harry never shows up before midnight, and the exit ramp is over there. He briefly pulled it down for you, checked if the exit is clear, and signalled you to drive. You emerged into the trees from large concrete pipe disappearing in hill side.

On your goodbyes he said Did I seen corretly on the other note? you going to visit Peaches? Give her a hug from me, will'ya? She's a mean bitch, but what can I say ;) with that he closed the ramp and disappeared leaving you in an already dark park.

“Two” Far East

After making your way into the CAS, you decided your best bet was a bee-line to the UCAS border, and decide en-route whether to call another coyote or stress your SINs and troll under another scrutiny. But, somehow, you’ve managed to hit another traffic snarl and were forced to stop the car.
Impatiently glancing at a clock, (the time now is 5:30 pm) you grab your commlink and start checking the gridmap for a less congested route to the border.

That’s when you notice a jet black Nightsky slide in behind you. The doors open and four obviously Asian men, in tres chic suits pile out of the back. The four
begin walking directly towards your van.

As they approach, you suddenly notice the door of a Mexican restaurant across the street open. Another four Asians – a human woman, an ork woman, a male troll, and a
human male sporting a long goatee – also begin walking directly towards you.

Your guess? Mine is that after another 10 second your next 10 minutes might be the most interesting traffic time you had in the last few weeks.

(OOC: please roll Intuition + Perception (2))
« Last Edit: <01-23-11/1711:05> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <01-17-11/1527:50> »
Mata Tabi looks at the two groups and then casts a sideways glance towards the back of the van "If anything goes down, I'd prefer you left the honorable men from the nightsky alone...with in reason of course." Mata Tabi had a sinking feeling growing in the pit of his stomach.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #41 on: <01-17-11/1554:27> »
Stryker throws his eyes from right to left nervously, then suddenly calms down. A devious grin appear on his face.
"Well, if they're honorable, they will back down. We're in a good position anyway - they are outnumbered in any combination. And we have even more support."
He slinks away from the front rows, just sticking his head out the back to see what's happening. "I've got your back, guys. Or should i say, We have."
He touches the metal below his feet, drawing upon it's form, and the human mind that made it happen. Then he follows that connection through the Manastreams of a city, sending a call to it's unseen inhabitants. He feels one of them responding by a resonating song of radio-like static along the Manastream, but it seems to have other matters to attend to. Stryker concentrates and with the sheer force of will manages to send a call many times stronger, that seems to catch the Spirit's attention. By his side something flickers for a second, and the Spirit grants his attention to the elf mage. A drip of sweat rolls down Stryker's chin... In his mind's eyes he sees an intimidating figure of a huge man with troll horns, ork tusks and elf ears, made entirely of neon lights and screen glow. The Eternal One nods his head in acceptance of his summoner's cause...

{Health: 0 / 10P and 4 / 11S damage, NO Wound penalty (patched R3), no Sustaining penalty} | {Edge: 2 / 3}
{Defense: 5; Initiative: 10; IP's: 3} | {Ballistic Armor: 6+3=9; Impact Armor: 4+2+3=9} | {Sustained spells: Increase Reflexes F3, on Focus, Armor F3 on Focus.}
{Spirits: F4 Guardian with Concealment and 1 service (Protect), F4 Man with Fear and 3 services.}
« Last Edit: <01-20-11/0600:47> by Kot »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <01-17-11/1620:30> »
Sensing trouble, Eight-Stone grumbled incoherently to himself as he fished around inside his bag. After a moment he extracted a flashpak, and set it up on the floor of the van, the business-end pointing toward the rear doors. If anyone decided to open them up, Eight-Stone could quickly activate the flashpak, blinding the snoopers and giving the team time to react and make the first move.

Finished setting up the flashpak, Eight-Stone stood up as best he could in the back of the van, reached for his Remington, and began loading it up with regular slugs. "Don't worry," Eight-Stone said over his shoulder in response to Mata Tabi, "I only shoot people that shoot me first. Common courtesy."
« Last Edit: <01-17-11/1623:53> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-17-11/2037:49> »
"Theres too many civilians... I'm getting a pre-emptive hack in guys...", he took a deep breath. "If I need my body to move, text me."
Then his vision cut off the real world showing him full VR, he drew his digitised bow and span round, looking at the approaching nodes.
Here goes.
He turned on the Nightsky's node and fired his bow at it's firewall.

(OOC: Going for Sec Account so Firewall+ 3 target, heres 3 seconds worth of hacking attempts, so you can work out if im caught or get in:
          Hacking(3)+Exploit(4) (7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=3) )

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <01-17-11/2129:51> »
Mata Tabi's eyes scan back to the two groups from behind his sunglasses "Let's play it sub-zero for now, they might be more interested in dealing with eachother than with us for now." Mata Tabi smiles "Eight Stone, you got a problem dealing with your own kind? I need to know before this gets hot...so ka?"