NEWS

A curated Shadowrun soundtrack

• 11 Replies

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« on: <06-23-18/0641:55> »
Hey. I've been building a playlist on Spotify for ages that I intend to use when I start running Shadowrun games. It's currently 10+ hours (I'm still adding to it and polishing it), all of it dark and brooding futuristic music intended to maintain a cyberpunk mood without disrupting your play. Best used with shuffle and some crossfade.

Full list so far:

Dark City -- General Future Ambiance
Future Combat -- Futuristic Action
Run in the Shadows -- Tension
Let's Split Up -- Creepy/Horror Ambiance

There may be two more lists coming in the future (astral space and the Matrix), but currently my focus is fleshing out the three more recent ones.

Oh, and if you have suggestions for any additions, let me know.  8)
« Last Edit: <07-30-18/0519:37> by Rymdkejsaren »

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-04-18/0537:36> »
Hey everyone, I could use some help!

I'm working on some more playlists, and the one that's giving me the most trouble is the action one. The thing is, I want it to be 'futuristic' music (so no pure orchestral scores) that's not too loud, bombastic, and without quick changes in pacing etc. It should keep an action beat pumping without interrupting too much.

Now, I have a bunch of good songs but they only total about an hour, which will get repetitive. So please, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

You can find what I have so far here.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-04-18/1504:53> »
You might try some stuff from the "Fifth Element", "Ghost in the Shell" and "Bladerunner 2049" soundtracks.
« Last Edit: <07-04-18/1510:11> by Overbyte »
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-05-18/1411:08> »
Cheers, I'll have a look!

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-05-18/2341:58> »
I'm partial to the soundtrack from "Run, Lola, Run" (German title, "Lola Rennt"). Great upbeat techno.

Or everything by AC/DC.

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-29-18/0553:21> »
The preliminary playlist for the tension playlist is up. It's also a bit thin and I'm going to further trim it a bit to get it where I want, but have a look if you like and send me any thoughts or suggestions. You can find it here.

I updated first post to have links for all playlists so far.

Oh, and I'm also preliminarily working on lists for astral space and the Matrix, though no guarantee I'll be done with them any time soon.
« Last Edit: <07-29-18/0558:53> by Rymdkejsaren »

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-30-18/0520:48> »
And the fourth list is public:

Let's Split Up -- Creepy/Horror Ambiance

It also needs to be fleshed out, but these are the lists I'll focus on fleshing out for now, particularly the last three.

Seras

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <08-04-18/1910:56> »
 Absolutly Recogniser from the TRON soundtrack...actually most of that soundtrack could work for shadowrun.
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-05-18/1028:30> »
I am sorry, I meant to reply to this post when it first came up and forgot :/ - anyhow, what about the obvious like the soundtrack of the video game Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Shadowrun Honk Kong (this one is excellent) and Shadowrun Chronicles.

All the songs perfectly matches the mood of Shadowrun and designed to be played "on repeat".

I also like very much the remix of the old Shadowrun SNES video game used by Opti for the Neo Anarchist Podcast, but I never found out where this is coming from.

The James Bond soundtracks also works pretty well for Shadowrun like many "heist movie".

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-07-18/0421:55> »
I've got some TRON in there and I've picked the bones off the Shadowrun PC soundtracks. I'm very picky so not everything made it in (it needs to stay within a theme so that it doesn't interrupt the game too much).

I'll have a look at the Bond soundtracks for the tension list, but I do avoid orchestral scores because I want to keep the futuristic sound, so that may disqualify them.

Thanks for suggestions!

Since I posted this on reddit my main list has gone up to over a hundred followers, so I guess I'm doing something right. 8)

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-07-18/0659:52> »
Can you share the link to the reddit list?

Rymdkejsaren

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-07-18/0902:19> »
It's the same list. You can find the post here.