NEWS

CharGen with Automated Character Sheet

• 64 Replies

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <11-25-13/2121:48> »
Ok, added a "starting nuyen" field at resource equipment tab. it gives the dice and amount of nuyen that crosses over after creation. The ammo will be addressed later

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <11-25-13/2125:21> »
Ack, just after I download it. *waves fist*

Seriously though thanks for all the hard work on this. How well does it handle post chargen stuff? I am looking to port my character over from a pdf to this..but I am a little past the chargen stage.
There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <11-25-13/2131:03> »
Oh yeah, a suggestion! I have one. Go me. I know I tend to pick up a lot of contacts post chargen, and a Face might have a lot out of the box. Maybe have 5 slots per section for contacts (for a total of 20) as opposed to 3 each (for a total of 12). Seriously if you get more than 20 contacts you might want to stay home more.
There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <11-25-13/2303:47> »
Thank you... it is hard work :) but it is also a lot of fun. This is the first time I use excel for anything. I'm away from my hometown, and therefore my group, in order to take my classes, for my PhD. So wihtout the possibility of playing the game, and Chummer stopping the work I decided to play with excel... Amazing what google, excel forums and peeking into other people CharGens can do for your knowledge of excel :)

About the contacts... The problem is space... Maybe in the extra sheet declining more room for armor coul ad 6 more, for a total of 18... I'll Think about it.

Oh and it is complettly functional for post char gen. just place the amount of karama in the karma gainned and go wild.

all tables have space for points bought with karma skills, Att, qualities) qualities have a space for negative qualities bought off... and positive qualities a space for noting it was bought after char gen. street cred, notoriety and public awarness can be manaegd in the same tab as contacts, including buying one with the other.

There is a space for nuyen gainned so you can cash in as well. But not all calculations are automatic, dice added to specific types of spells are not noted for example (in case of mentor spirit) but you can note if a complex form or spell is bought or not (and the price is the same at char gen or not)

there is a table for submersion and initiation as well, and it's automatically uploaded to the sheet. (but since you can go to infinity and beyond with those I stopped at 6 I think.

at the top of my head... that's it... of course there is more, but the big points are there I think.

And check it for bugs and point them out please. (there is the ammo issue still to be addressed)

see ya

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #34 on: <11-26-13/1324:12> »
Hey there Telles,

I'm not sure if anyone else has requested this, but it seems to be something no one ever puts on any character sheet I've seen so far: mods.  Weapons usually get tricked out to some extent or another, and armor has a few mods that can be installed as well.  I'm not sure that there's a way to implement the math thing - but at least having room to add the mods in a description field would be nice.

Just verified that the armor mods and weapon mods are under the general gear tab.  I did find a problem though: the ammunition prices are off by a factor of 10.  The formula multiplies the "Rating" by the price per unit, but the price per unit is per 10 rounds.  My suggestion: keep the formula, change the price per unit to be 1/10 of what it currently is.  So regular ammo is 2¥ per unit instead of 20.

I don't know if this was reported earlier, but in the current version of the sheet, Knowledge Skills seem to be a little funky.  Let's say that I enter the following Knowledge Skills and values:

Corporate Procedures 4
Data Havens 4
English 4
Matrix Security Procedures 4
Seattle Area Knowledge 4

The end result on the sheet called FirstAndSecondPage is this:

Data Havens
English
Matrix Security Procedures
Seattle Area Knowledge

Note that none of these have values either.  If you'd like I can send over a copy of the sheet(s) I'm working with.

I'm really liking your forms a LOT so far.  Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: <11-26-13/1643:20> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

lindz

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <12-04-13/0138:56> »
I'm having trouble with the bonus skills from magic/resonance. I am an adept with B in magic/resonance, so should have one rating 4 active skill but can't seem to pull points from the "bonus skill points from mag/res" no matter what I select. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Also it might be nice for programs to have their own table on the equipment page as they can take up a lot of space on the general table.
« Last Edit: <12-04-13/1343:15> by lindz »

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <12-07-13/1641:43> »
I'm in the middle of moving to another city, might be away for a while...

Namikaze... I'll check the ammo problem... the knowledge is solve I believe.

Lindz... the number shown in the "bonus skill points from mag/res" is for you to know thwy exist. they are included in the amount shown in the "Skill points left" so the points are there. I'll think about a program table... but it would mean a extra space for them at the character sheet... that is more complicated.

Thank you for the bug reports and for the suggestions...

see you when I see you

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-08-13/0122:39> »
Thanks Telles, I hope your move goes smoothly.  Last time I moved, it was last minute and on the coldest day of the year.  I did find another potential bug:

• Resources-Equipment sheet, cells M4:M24 do not list any weapon types after "Taser", cell M3 works fine though.
  • Resources-Equipment sheet, cells E3:E39 list "Vision magnification" twice if "Optical and Audio Devices" is selected in the corresponding column D cell.
  • Resources-Equipment sheet, cells E3:E39 list "Thermiet Burning Bar" instead of "Thermite Burning Bar" if "Chemicals" is selected in the corresponding column D cell. 

I actually found quite a few typos in the lists.  I could fix them for you if you're interested.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Telles

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <12-08-13/0826:09> »

Ok, because I'm feeling addicted to changing my CharGen I made alterations again... The vision magnification was suppossed to be vision enhancement (the first of the two appearing) Solved

The melee weapons below taser... After the previous post I noticed there was a mistake there and solved it... I believe that know it works in all cells of that collumn

Solved two typos... "Thermite" and "Manual" (the last one was in vehicle mod... I swear I fixed this particular typo like 4 times :) )

the ammo issue... not exactly a issue... the ammo table in SR5 Corebook shows prices per 10 shot. If I break them per unit some ammo will show 7,5 per unit... and there is no 0,5 nuyen. so I assumed one can only buy in stashes of 10. But I understand that the number under quantity will be a tenth of the actual quantity os rounds your character have... so I changed the character sheet formula so that tha quantity will be times 10.  So buy per 10 shots and on the sheet it will show per rounds.

Ok... lunch time :)

enjoy and keep bug pointing... (A friend of mine posted the link for the CharGen in reddit so hopefully there will be more bug finders... plus I reconnected with my group, they might help with this as well)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-08-13/1412:04> »
Awesome!  Thanks Telles.  I'll keep trying to find bugs, and I'll keep updating this thread when I find new ones.

cthuid

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <12-13-13/1336:39> »
First  of this character sheet is excellent.  So far I have had only one issue.  The knowledge and language skills do not have their linked attributes as they are listed on page 91 of the rule book. If you do change this please let me know.

Thank you

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <12-15-13/0417:21> »
Say, Telles, am I missing how to add in your living persona?

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <12-15-13/1128:15> »
How do you use this? I downloaded it but the fields will not work. I cant click anything at all.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <12-15-13/1145:47> »
At the top click "allow editing". Should fix you right up.

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <12-15-13/1152:45> »
I opened it in google sheets...dont see where to allow editing? Ugh, such a noob I am :p.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal