NEWS

Green Hornet OMG! WTF?

• 41 Replies

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #30 on: <01-18-11/1457:52> »
I saw GH yesterday with my wife.  I think it's the first movie I've ever walked out of feeling irritated.  I'm the kind of guy that can have fun at any movie.  I just don't expect much out of any movie, so it's easy to have fun, but Seth Rogen got under my skin...  My wife on the other hand is the opposite of me on how she views movies and she wanted to see GH again!?  I don't know maybe it was the nose-bleed seats or all the grandmas that couldn't see over their steering wheels that I was stuck behind on the way there and on the way home...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <01-18-11/1500:35> »
It might be Seth Rogan too... I know that, even in movies I've enjoyed (Pineapple Express, Zack & Miri), I've thought it could be better without him.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #32 on: <01-18-11/1504:06> »
I think it's his hair.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #33 on: <01-18-11/1512:12> »
Nah, it's his goofy laugh for me. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #34 on: <01-18-11/1516:09> »
Oh I agree Seth could have been played by quite a few other "leading" men. The first 20 minutes or so left me thinking... Can I do something better with my time? but I did enjoy.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #35 on: <01-25-11/1604:27> »
Personally I'm interested to see just what the hell Edgar Wright does with Ant Man.

I mean, a superhero movie is just another movie, but an Edgar Wright film is always awesome.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #36 on: <01-26-11/0841:45> »
Personally I'm interested to see just what the hell Edgar Wright does with Ant Man.

I mean, a superhero movie is just another movie, but an Edgar Wright film is always awesome.
Ant Man? Ant Man?? ANT MAN!!!

Are you serious?
SNL had a hero skit once. Hulk discribed Ant Man as a hero who shinks to the size of an ant but retained his normal human strength! Oh and he talks to bugs.
This will be a boring movie, it might look cool, but Ho Hum.

OMG I have found my new favorite forum font! ;D :-*
« Last Edit: <01-26-11/0843:32> by Usda Beph »

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-26-11/0922:35> »
Ant Man aka Hank Pym aka Giant Man is one of the founding members of the Avengers.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <01-26-11/1023:51> »
Ant Man aka Hank Pym aka Giant Man is one of the founding members of the Avengers.
Yeah... what's up with that? He shrinks to the size of an ant and keeps his normal strength, but when he grows big his strength increases? I mean, where's the physics of that?? ;)

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #39 on: <01-26-11/1228:18> »
Yeah... what's up with that? He shrinks to the size of an ant and keeps his normal strength, but when he grows big his strength increases? I mean, where's the physics of that?? ;)
That there is FASA phiziks.I was there...  (ish) for those formative years of the Avengers. I also would have liked seeing them in the upcoming movie, But Hank & Janet are really just support characters compared to the base lineup. and there is going to be a big enough FX budget for the crew already!!!

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-26-11/1234:34> »
That there is FASA phiziks.I was there...  (ish) for those formative years of the Avengers. I also would have liked seeing them in the upcoming movie, But Hank & Janet are really just support characters compared to the base lineup. and there is going to be a big enough FX budget for the crew already!!!

Dude. Less is more. That is rough to read.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #41 on: <01-27-11/0255:01> »

Ant Man? Ant Man?? ANT MAN!!!

Are you serious?
SNL had a hero skit once. Hulk discribed Ant Man as a hero who shinks to the size of an ant but retained his normal human strength! Oh and he talks to bugs.
This will be a boring movie, it might look cool, but Ho Hum.

Depends on how they protray the character. In the Ultimates he's got...issues. In the new Avengers cartoon, hes protrayed as the pascifistic Uber-nerd of the group. The latter I do find entertaining and a nice contrast to HULK SMASH!! and Hawkeye's smart-ass. But even if Hank and Janet are background support, that's fine with me.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.