[SR4a] Archetypes: replacements for the Sample Characters

• 411 Replies

PittsburghRPGA

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Catalyst Demo Team Field Agent #524
« Reply #375 on: <03-29-13/1406:03> »
UmaroVI's Generalist. 

Note that Chummer does not calculate in the cyberarms stats (AGI9, BOD 9, STR 5) when using Pistols or Unarmed Combat.

Dice Pools for Pistols using the cyberarm is AGI 9 + Skill 6 + 2 Smartlink for 17 Dice pool.

Dice Pool for Unarmed Combat with the cyberarm is AGI 9 -1 for Defaulting for an 8 Dice pool and doing (STR 5/2)= 3 Stun.

Note that I had to increase the Strength because otherwise, the 10kg carrying capacity would render this character over-encumbered by putting on armor and a pistol. I did this by lowering CHA by 1 point which still leaves a decent Social skills Pool of 11 Dice.  I would add the cheeseriffic Empathy and Lie Detection Software at some point as well if you end up being the primary Face of the party.

Note that even though in UmaroVI's version the shockgloves had personalized grip, that's not a legal option as gloves do not have handles.

Note that in UmaroVi's original version, this character had a Form Fitting Full Body Suit and additional peices of Securetech, but this put the character so far over the BodyX2 Armor ratings that AGI would have been reduced to 1 impacting the ability to fire pistols with competency.  Exploited the round down math rules to squeeze out 2 extra points of ballistic with the Form Fitting Shirt though.

Also, hope I zipped the chummer file correctly.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #376 on: <03-31-13/0727:20> »
As items do not have weights, carrying capacity for gear is de facto an optional rule and hence not used in missions. Assuming that specific sets of items fall between 10 and 20 kg requires making unfounded assumptions about the weight of items in the grimdark future of the 1980s. Also, it's best not to think too hard about the carrying capacity rules.

The requirement is "handle or grip." Gloves have a grip.

I show the armor adding up correctly. Perhaps you were inputting it into chummer incorrectly?

PittsburghRPGA

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Catalyst Demo Team Field Agent #524
« Reply #377 on: <04-01-13/1014:09> »
Carrying Capacity and Encumbrance on page 310 of the 4A rule book are not listed as optional rules.  And while items do not have a listed weight, they do weigh something. Otherwise, I can keep my Doberman drone in my backpack since it doesn't weigh anything.  ::)    Making the unfounded assumption that things weigh nothing is what gets players hit by phonebooks by angry GMs. 

A grip (noun) is an external handle by which you hold an object and also known as a handgrip.  A pistol has a grip. A rifle may have a top mounted carrying grip or a pistol grip or none at all.  A suitcase has a grip. A chainsaw has a grip. A tennis racket has a grip. Pliers and hammers have a grip. Gloves are worn and as such are not held by a grip to function properly.  I'm sorry, but  I cannot agree that gloves have a grip for the purposes of something like a personalized grip.

I opened up Chummer after reading your note about the armor, I deleted every peice of armor, and rebought everything except the arm and leg casings since Chummer doesn't have an option to wear only one part of that. So, I bought only the leg casings. It works now. Perhaps that's the culprit. Or perhaps when I first did it, I bought the armor before the cyberarm. I don't know for sure. 

I do feel a bit cheesy about not wearing the matching shirt to go with the Vashon jacket and pants, so I bought a generic 300Y clothing item and named it Vashon Island Synergist Shirt w/o Ballistic threads.  (Gotta wear the fancy shirt instead of a t-shirt since this ain't Miami Vice after all.) Also added some spare clips to each pistol capable of taking them.

I put the remaining few hundred nuyen on a certified standard credstick.

Rezipping and attaching the modified file.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #378 on: <04-01-13/1112:40> »
We will have to agree to disagree about the carrying capacity rules.

The grip of a glove is the part that goes over your palm and the inside of your fingers. I see no reason why this could not be personalized to fit a particular person's palm and fingers better, and it is legal under the rules.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <04-01-13/2108:29> »
Carrying Capacity and Encumbrance on page 310 of the 4A rule book are not listed as optional rules.  And while items do not have a listed weight, they do weigh something. Otherwise, I can keep my Doberman drone in my backpack since it doesn't weigh anything.  ::)    Making the unfounded assumption that things weigh nothing is what gets players hit by phonebooks by angry GMs.

Assigning any particular weight value, however, IS a houserule; it is not something that you can universally account for.  That is reason enough for the Archetypes not to account for such things.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Lemdul81

• Newb
« Reply #380 on: <04-06-13/1058:40> »
Has anyone tried the Burnout Combat Mage in chummer yet?  For some reason the stats after cyberware are showing up as bod4, agi1, str4 instead of what is listed on the character description from umaro.  Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if chummer is just bad at math.

bannockburn

• Chummer
  • BGMfH
« Reply #381 on: <04-06-13/1127:05> »
Chummer isn't bad at math, it uses an averaged method of displaying the attributes. Pay it no mind, the character should work as is.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
http://bannockburn1981.deviantart.com/

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #382 on: <04-06-13/2116:35> »
In particular, I think Chummer defaults to a wonky way of averaging for cyberlimbs, and you have to fiddle with the options.

Retrokinesis

• Omae
« Reply #383 on: <04-07-13/0131:59> »
Yup. Under Options -> General -> Character and Printing, it defaults to 6 limbs (including skull) instead of 5.
NPC speech
PC speech
Thoughts
Description
<<Matrix>>

Parsnips

• Newb
« Reply #384 on: <07-07-13/1832:47> »
There's a typo in the Negotiator's description for Kinesics where it says "...tests made to gauge the Gunslinger Adept’s truthfulness...". Just thought you might want to know.

stinkyettin

• Newb
« Reply #386 on: <07-17-13/1811:19> »
So I've noticed alot of use of War! during character creation, but I was under the impression that missions limited us to the core books only in the faq? Was there supplemental guidance given out regarding that?

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #387 on: <07-17-13/1903:45> »
So I've noticed alot of use of War! during character creation, but I was under the impression that missions limited us to the core books only in the faq? Was there supplemental guidance given out regarding that?

Season 4 Missions were inclusive, save for what was specifically excluded by the FAQ.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

stinkyettin

• Newb
« Reply #388 on: <07-17-13/2119:08> »
Figured that, but saw that alot of folks used non-core books during character creation, but the FAQ disallows it.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #389 on: <07-18-13/0925:03> »
Missions only banned the Shadowrun Options line (Way of the Adept and Way of the Samurai), and explicitly optional rules.