NEWS

pocket sized crawler drone with a weapon?

• 10 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« on: <05-08-11/1958:02> »
I keep playing around with the concept for a hacker that is not trained in weapons use directly, but can use pocket sized drones as weapons platforms. Basically this would allow him to grab the drone and run if need be, rather then having to rely on the drone navigating on its own alongside the team. It could potentially even ride on the shoulder or such if it had gecko tip mods.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-08-11/1959:36> »
A Hold-Out with drone modifications from arsenal maybe

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <05-08-11/2237:02> »
I did this in 3rd edition, created a small mailbox-sized crawler drone with a weapons mount capable of taking up to LMG class weapons. Really no other upgrades as there wasn't any more room.

They were slow as hell but it didn't matter, cos their role was to be portable gunpods that could be stuck to anything and provide support fire. Stick em on top of a vehicle, on the ceiling, even on the Troll's shoulderpad. The crawler legs were capable of moving around a little but they were mostly there to grip things and adjust the position of the weapon.

Probably wouldn't be too hard to stat up in 4E.

-k

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #3 on: <05-08-11/2243:27> »
A Hold-Out with drone modifications from arsenal maybe
If the gecko grip is allowed to work the same as gecko tips from the vehicle mods section then that could work.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #4 on: <05-08-11/2247:08> »
I did this in 3rd edition, created a small mailbox-sized crawler drone with a weapons mount capable of taking up to LMG class weapons. Really no other upgrades as there wasn't any more room.

They were slow as hell but it didn't matter, cos their role was to be portable gunpods that could be stuck to anything and provide support fire. Stick em on top of a vehicle, on the ceiling, even on the Troll's shoulderpad. The crawler legs were capable of moving around a little but they were mostly there to grip things and adjust the position of the weapon.

Probably wouldn't be too hard to stat up in 4E.
did draw up something similar, using the weapon mods in Arsenal and the Ares executive protector.

Basically i took the smartlink version of the gun and applied the drone upgrade and crawler mobility mod.

Still, it would be fun to have one the size of a smaller bird, rat or large spider. This so that it could perhaps sit on someones shoulder or hand and take targeting commands via AR.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-09-11/0212:01> »
Once in-game you could try to get you hand to a couple of Lockheed Arachnes(From WAR), it's a small spider drone with gecko tips and a turret.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-09-11/1109:10> »
Well there you go.

A good fixer should be able to get it for you in a couple weeks.

-k

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #7 on: <05-09-11/1245:39> »
Once in-game you could try to get you hand to a couple of Lockheed Arachnes(From WAR), it's a small spider drone with gecko tips and a turret.
damn it, i had totally forgotten to check War. Thank!

hehe, love the alternative name: Angry Cockroach :D

26F tho, ouch!

And body 2, making it a small drone. Does it come with a carry handle?
« Last Edit: <05-09-11/1256:21> by hobgoblin »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-09-11/1412:23> »
I am envisioning an assault rifle with spider legs.

Just grab it by the rifle's regular carry handle.

-k

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-09-11/1443:48> »
I'm wondering if you could have the legs double as a bipod.

Seems like they could.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #10 on: <05-09-11/1507:49> »
At that point one is moving into smart weapon platform territory, as that is a tripod with a drone brain...

anyways, the Aracne looks like a Aztech Crawler with a turret, lower total price and harder to get.

Seriously, the drone sizes are irksome.