NEWS

Prehensile tails

• 11 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <04-23-11/0338:02> »
Are there cyber implants for prehensile tails? Any other types of tails?

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1 on: <04-23-11/0411:07> »
Bioware can be used to replicate any non-magical changeling quality.

Also, changelings.  Those exist.

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-23-11/0420:11> »
could i add a tail on as a cyber torso enhancement?

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-23-11/0500:07> »
Balance Tail, Augmentation p. 39.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-23-11/0504:12> »
Some things I guess can be added to a tail.  Like a cybereye (it is mentioned somewhere you can add those at other places then your regular eyes), datajack, spidersilk gland, gecko hand, poison gland and stinger,...
You will just have to convince your GM about it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #5 on: <04-23-11/0516:29> »
You will just have to convince your GM about it.

Pretty much this.

If you want cybertails, like, as a sort of cyberlimb, with capacity and the whole extra-physical-damage-box shebang, or as a cybertorso casemod, your GM is the guy to talk to.

There's no rules for tails-as-limbs, but it makes some sense.  Transhumanism isn't about coloring within the lines, and in a world where dragons are hot shit, a tail might be pretty fashionable.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-23-11/0541:01> »
There's no rules for tails-as-limbs, but it makes some sense.
Actually there are, you can take a prehensile tail as a surge quality.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #7 on: <04-23-11/0925:02> »
I think he means "tails as cyberlimbs".

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <04-23-11/1016:49> »
Cosmetic Modification:  SR4A Page 341.  Tails are hard to come by, but can be had.  Add your kitty ears and some strategically placed fur, and the catgirl/catboi crowd will be all over you.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-23-11/1133:27> »
As said before it is typically a GM call for this sort of thing, but to throw ides out for your GM to concider, I would just use a cyber arm and cosmetically have it look like a tail. You would have to buy up the strength on it to hold you weight and I would put a restriction that it has no fine manipulation  and restrict the capacity to half of a regular arm, but that offsets the ability to have three cyber arms that have tricked out gear. Just thoughts, any one else have ideas to pitch at his GM?

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <04-23-11/1412:21> »
Nice. My idea was to make a cybered char with aniamal like features. But i love the idea of grabbing onto stuff with a tail and climbing around like a monkey. A cyber tail with the Magnet augment, grip feet, and gecko hands. Add in high agility and hacker and stealth skill set, and an affinity for animals and i got one wierd/cool char. Top all that off with some Chameleon Coating for good measure. Not good at fighting, but good at B&E and comps. And the cyber eye at the end of the tail is an awesome idea also. Would having the Magnets in the tail mess with the cyber eye? And FYI i am as of now the GM of this campaign, not that i would waste this great concept as a npc. But then again, he would make an excellent prime runner... He could harrass the shit out my runners... ;D

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #11 on: <04-23-11/1709:27> »
There was an option to get an expert system for a balance tail in SR3 somewhere, which basically made it worthless for balance as long as the expert system was active and useable as a kind of tentacle with a +2 to target number for any task where it is used . .
Now combine this with the penile implant . .

If you DO go with a normal cyber-eye, which takes up essence rather than capacity, do NOT forget that you get to pimp out that eye with all kinds of stuff again, without these addons taking up essence. And since the tail has no capacity rating, you can only take a normal cyber-eye anyway . .
« Last Edit: <04-23-11/1711:31> by Stahlseele »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush