NEWS

Con On The Cob 2012

• 13 Replies

SirJustinSane

• Newb
« on: <07-24-12/1303:14> »
I see a pile of SR mods for Con On The Cob in Ohio this year.  Anyone planning to be there?  I will but would like to split my time between playing SR and GMing PFS.

Also I see some listed as Shadowrun Missions (SRM) and some listed as CMP.  Anyone out there know what those are?  I know missions is the living campaign are the CMP ones run with pregens?

Anyone with info?  It would be greatly welcome!
Thank you,
Jeff

StarManta

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-24-12/1436:30> »
CMP and SR:Missions are functionally pretty close to identical, at least in the ways you're asking about. They're both part of the living campaign, characters can be used in both and transferred back and forth to both, and you can use pregen characters with both (although for obvious reasons it's recommended you create your own character). In those areas, there's no difference between SR:M and the CMP's.

To my knowledge, the only difference between them is the story. SR:M has a couple of story arcs it follows, CMP's have different story arcs. It also seems like SR:M has a bigger focus on the overall arcs than CMP's do.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-24-12/2128:15> »
I have 3 members of the Catalyst Demo Team scheduled and I will also be running one (not enough vacation for me to attend all days).

SRMs and CMPs both use your Missions legal characters.  CMPs are specifically written for conventions.  If you attend all four days, you could actually play through one of the 2 story lines with the way I scheduled them.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks Starmanta for responding!  FYI, if you want to go, we can discuss on Sunday.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

SirJustinSane

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-25-12/0002:04> »
OK Cool thanks for the info.  I will be sure to have a character.  I will only be able to come for Fri Sat Sun and have volunteered my services to run some PFS.  I just really miss playing SR.  Could really use the fix.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-25-12/0801:57> »
No prob!  If you know anyone else interested in attending, we will be holding Welcome to the Sixth World sessions.  These sessions help new players learn about Shadowrun, get help creating a Missions legal character, and then provide a short demo of the game.  These sessions are absolutely free at Con on the Cob.

Our GMs have also volunteered to provide assistance in upgrading existing characters between sessions.

Look forward to seeing you there!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

SirJustinSane

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-29-12/2311:57> »
Ok I have started letting people know about the games at Con on the Cob.  I plan on running at least 2 mods maybe 3 I just have to see with trying to run some PFS mods as well.

I did find the Pre Gen character I played in 2010 for a year two missions game. 2-01 Parliament of Thieves.  Would this character still be legel or need some upgrading?  It was the Troll Bounty Hunter.

Jeff

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #6 on: <08-12-12/1724:18> »
That Season 2 character should be a legal Missions character.  You'd have to roll the character over into the new season, though.  No big deal, just a sheet, and basically all it does is keep you from going back to earlier seasons to play.

If you like the character, that's awesome, but if you've only played one mission the Missions rules allow you to rebuild a pregen completely and keep the rewards from that mission (though I think you still need to keep the street name, since that's on the log sheet).
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #7 on: <08-12-12/1728:02> »
I've never been to Con on the Cob, but I'm considering going this year.  But I won't be able to register for a week or two...I want to assess the financial damage from Gen Con and the impact of some other life issues that should become more clear in the next week or so.

What's the registration situation like for Missions events?  Is it like Gen Con, where everything is full at this point, or do you think there's actually a chance I'd get to play?
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-12-12/1858:47> »
Thanks for answering the question Fringe!  Been busy getting ready for GenCon, Con on the Cob, and our return to Ohayocon.

There are still tickets available for each event, though a couple are down to just two tickets.  Like all our conventions, we will seat a 7th person with generics w/o an issue and an 8th if the rest of the table is cool with it.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

SirJustinSane

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-15-12/0206:11> »
Thanks for the info I will have to take another look at him to see if I like him.  Nice to see the Shadowrun games fill up so quick.  Kinda makes me wish I wasnt running PFS all day Saturday I woulda been tempted to play Missions for the whole weekend! 

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-22-12/1242:31> »
It's possible I'll be there. Might even try to sneak into a few games …

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-22-12/1628:26> »
Jason, you will have be exceptionally sneaky as we know what you look like...but as always, there will be room for you at the table!

For all our fans out there:  two of the events have sold out already, but we still have plenty of seats at the others, so head on over to http://www.mstbgaming.com/default.aspx to get yourself registered to play some Shadowrun!

Who knows, you might be lucky enough to get to game with our very own "GM to the Stars"!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <08-29-12/2120:43> »
And some of us nut job gm's are always game for getting more people in to play provided we have space.  Even if you can't fit time to play a mission in swing by and say hi
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-24-12/0817:25> »
Here is a list of the SR events we will be running at CotC.  Please stop by and have some fun!

Day   Date   Time   Event
Thursday   11-Oct   1200   Welcome to the 6th World
Thursday   11-Oct   1600   CMP2012-05  Hopping the Fence
Thursday   11-Oct   1600   CMP2012-01 Swing Vote
Friday   12-Oct   0800   CMP2012-06 Domestic Tranquility
Friday   12-Oct   1300   CMP2012-02 Five Minutes to Midnight
Friday   12-Oct   1800   SRM 04-00 Back in Business
Saturday   13-Oct   0800   CMP2012-07 Grocery List
Saturday   13-Oct   0800   Welcome to the 6th World
Saturday   13-Oct   1300   CMP2012-03 Silicon Slick
Saturday   13-Oct   1800   SRM 04-01 Hiding in the Dark
Sunday   14-Oct   0800   CMP2012-04 Depth Charge