NEWS

Silly theory crafting with kill code predictive analytics

• 6 Replies

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« on: <02-18-19/0129:09> »
Am I reading it wrong or would predictive analytics stack with Move by Wire, Drugs, spell increase reflexes, reaction enhancers, or anything else that only specifies not stacking with reaction enhancements (as opposed to the normal verbage that specifically mentions not stacking with reaction or initiative boosters...)
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-18-19/0726:06> »
Yes Predictive Analytics stacks with anything else that stacks.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-18-19/0812:38> »
I don't understand, why would a technomancer want so much meatspace initiative? That's the job of the rest of the crew.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <02-18-19/0835:01> »
I don't understand, why would a technomancer want so much meatspace initiative? That's the job of the rest of the crew.
To stay alive.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #4 on: <02-18-19/1047:42> »

Why not? Cyberadept can make some weird street sam or AR combat hacker/rigger builds. Who wouldn't wan't Move by wire level 3 with +3 more ranks with Overdrive and +3 reaction enhancers and 3 levels of predictive analytics to get +9 reaction/+18 initiative/+6d6 initiative (overdrive seems to break some rules on caps, worst case scenario only +5d6). Now go all out defense, pre-emptive dodge, and... whatever else you want to stack on that.... and poof... dodge monkey rolling 20-30 dice easily who still has 3 more passes left (maybe 4-5 on good rolls) after taking the -15 to initiative... But all absurd sillyness aside, was more of a trying to understand combo do and do not's via the verbage they use. Think what the writers could have made Samantha from Critic's Choice in Missions using cyberadept (not that she wasn't already silly OP cyberwise... now flip that into some boss's right hand enforcer)

Oh and I guess your on hell of a wheelman/remote control pilot....
« Last Edit: <02-18-19/1051:07> by kainite311 »
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <02-18-19/1050:03> »
Because high velocity lead poisoning is just as dangerous as Black IC.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-18-19/1139:03> »
TM initiative matters.  True story.

Suppression fire, Tag, I Am the Firewall, Calibration, Diagnostics, Gunnery using Smart Platforms and Drones, Leadership, Full Defense, or just shooting the bad guy... all kinds of things TMs should be doing during combat.  Doing it sooner and doing it more often is better. 

Better than a +1 Logic or Skinlink?  Maybe, maybe not, but more initiative is rarely a bad choice.