NEWS

Underbarrel grenade launcher

• 65 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-10-16/0039:07> »
A list?

Aerial Lionheads, Anwuma Bavole, Gargoyles, Griffins, Harpies, Heliodromus, Pegasus, Rocs, Sirens, Thunderbirds, Wyverns...  There's probably more, but that is a good start.  The best part about grenades are the non-lethal options.

You said bird hunting. Bird. To quote someone "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  :P

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #31 on: <02-10-16/0107:46> »
At least 7 of those are feathered!  Close enough!
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <02-10-16/0317:20> »
At least 7 of those are feathered!  Close enough!

So is a species of dragon, so I guess that's fair game too? Still, if you want to go for it let me know! My rigger could use the nuyen from selling the video to the 6th world's trid verion of "Don't try this at home!" ;D

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #33 on: <02-10-16/1043:24> »
None of them are sapient, though.  Big difference. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #34 on: <02-23-16/2346:21> »
What damage would a direct hit from a gas grenade (or a grenade that doesn't go off) do? My Company Man has a HKX30 and I was thinking to load it up with gas grenades but set the timer to a second after impact. Knock people back sort of thing or bounce it off people's head
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <02-24-16/0036:44> »
What damage would a direct hit from a gas grenade (or a grenade that doesn't go off) do? My Company Man has a HKX30 and I was thinking to load it up with gas grenades but set the timer to a second after impact. Knock people back sort of thing or bounce it off people's head

Not even sure you can... Grenades like all AoEs are location targeted rather than targeting a person.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #36 on: <02-24-16/1053:06> »
Sure, they're AoEs, but those grenades travel fast enough to hit people and hurt.  Hell, I'd give stats to normal grenade damage too; whenever a person throws grenades in my non-Shadowrun game, a very good hit tends to have me apply extra damage since they just hit the guy with a 2 pound ball of metal. 

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <02-24-16/1357:14> »
6S in general, or depending on proximity to launcher if you want to make it complicated; at least, that's what we went with as a one-off when it came up in a game.

More if you feel it's warranted, less if you don't. You could also make the target roll a defense test; if defender wins he's not hit by the grenade but still gets hit by the gas or explosion (assuming the grenade lands on target), if the attacker wins and the grenade lands on target the defender has to resist both the I'mct damage and the gas or explosion.

At least, that's how we did it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #38 on: <02-24-16/1758:36> »
That sounds very reasonable. I was thinking 10s this morning to make it like a shotgun blast but as seen on tv and movies grenades do not seem to move that fast so 6s sounds about right.

Another question (sorry if it was answered early) Could an underbarrel launcher be used without being attached to a weapon? Again I'm referring to the HKX30
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <02-24-16/1802:22> »
Another question (sorry if it was answered early) Could an underbarrel launcher be used without being attached to a weapon? Again I'm referring to the HKX30

About the only time I feel this would work would be on a drone.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #40 on: <02-24-16/1808:29> »
I would make it more than that, honestly.  Getting shot with a grenade can kill you, and 6S is a bit weak.  Maybe do 10P, with -2P with every range increment to represent the loss in velocity. 

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <02-24-16/1812:33> »
I would make it more than that, honestly.  Getting shot with a grenade can kill you, and 6S is a bit weak.  Maybe do 10P, with -2P with every range increment to represent the loss in velocity. 
Like I said, use whatever your table think fits ;) I just picked 6S because I had to make a snap decision, and we never really encountered that again; I personally think 10P isn't enough if you're going for lethal, as even a human with a Body of 1 will have 9 condition monitor boxes, so if you're going for lethality you'd want to up it to 12 so it could reliably kill. Anyway...

A modern day underbarrel grenade launcher can theoretically be fired while detached, but I can't imagine you'd be very precise doing it; I'm not even sure I'd allow you to roll to hit, and just force the full amount of scatter because you're essentially trying to fire this:

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #42 on: <02-25-16/0125:37> »
Generally you can acquire grip/stock attachments for those, if you want.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <02-25-16/0919:08> »
Generally you can acquire grip/stock attachments for those, if you want.
Not sure that was the question, but if it was you can definitely get pistol grips and even extendable stocks for an M203.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <02-25-16/2056:44> »
Let's put it this way, these are microgrenades. They're not the same thing Arny used to level armoured swat team members in the Terminator series. They're a fraction of the size and mass, however based on the ranges and how they compare to current ones, they have drastically increased velocity (the ranges are insane!) so we can assume they're approximately equivalent to riot control bean bags. Treat them as a Gel Round loaded heavy pistol. I would say, roughly, 10S AP 0 at point blank, then apply a -1 DV, +1 AP modifier per increment. This is lethal with some net hits, to reflect getting hit in the centre chest between heart beats (known to kill with riot control rounds) but not usually lethal (because it is comparable to a baseball player getting nailed by a straight drive).